Question on Selah

[name]How[/name] do you pronounce it?

[name]Say[/name]-lah

or

Sell-ah

I’ve always said it [name]SAY[/name]-lah. I’ve heard most people say [name]Sela[/name] as See-lah, though, if that interests you.

I say it as [name]SAY[/name]-lah and I think it is by far the prettiest pronunciation. Not sure if it’s the “correct” Hebrew pronunciation, but that doesn’t really factor in for me.

[name]Just[/name] looking at it, I would say sell-uh, but I don’t think it’s very pretty. say-luh would be pretty though :slight_smile:

hmm, I would say See-la. I think it’s just a variation of Sela, as in Sela Ward, which is pronounced See-la.

I was thinking Sell-uh, which I don’t like. But [name]Say[/name]-luh is pretty.

When I thought Sell-uh I didn’t like it cause it’s how my family would pronounce Cellar (we are from NY area).

I think it is [name]Say[/name]-lah, there was a [name]Christian[/name] band with that name and that is how they pn it - also how I’ve heard pastors pn it when they are reading from Psalms.

I think it is Seh-lah (close to ay), there was a [name]Christian[/name] band with that name and that is how they pn it - also how I’ve heard pastors pn it when they are reading from Psalms.