Question to all the writing Berries

Do you intend to publish one day, either through a publisher or self-publish? Perhaps you’re already published?

Either way, I’m incredibly curious! I’d love to hear what you guys are thinking in this regard.

2 Likes

It’s the same for me @VanillaMoff! But the problem is I’m not usually confident enough to be a solo author if I didn’t fall in love at first sight/thought with the story I’m writing. And with a second author it feels way better, but people say I’m waaaaay to nice and wouldn’t push anyone, making the writing take a back seat as everything else happened.

2 Likes

I would love to publish! The issue is that I can never seem to finish anything :joy: Luckily I’m only a teenager so I’m not in any sort of rush- I feel like I have plenty of time to get something out there.

1 Like

Same boat here!

1 Like

Haha well currently, I’m hoping to someday be able to make a living by just publishing novels. I haven’t decided how to do it yet either. With traditional publishing, you have access to a lot more resources but you also get less of the profits and have less control when it comes to the work (not sure how much less though). With self-publishing, you have to be your own manager but you get more of the money you make and you have more creative liberties. I’m likely going to try to go with traditional publishing because I would have no idea where to start with finding an editor or cover artist or marketing my book but we’ll see when the time comes! It will definitely warrant more research on my part.

2 Likes

I have had some poetry published in magazines and anthologies, but as for my fiction works… I don’t know. [name_f]My[/name_f] stories were just a way if coping as a child, and as I got older I started writing them down (to varying degrees of completion). I have thought about self publishing a few of my shorter stories in an anthology collection, or actually finishing one of my longer stories, but I don’t know if I’ll ever get around to it or not. As far as the choice to self-publish over finding a publisher; I don’t have it in me to handle it if it gets rejected :joy: it would literally crush me and I would never touch my writings again.

1 Like

I would struggle with this too!

1 Like

I’ll have to see where college takes me regarding my levels of confidence in my writing. I haven’t researched the pros and cons of either form of publishing before, so if I decide I’ve found my life’s passion within a writing project then I just might publish. However, I’d love to collab with an artist to write a graphic novel or a webcomic in the future. Only time will tell!

I’ve considered it, but no. It’s too much money, time, and work, and I don’t want to turn my favorite hobby into a job. I’ve always been set in my dream of becoming a teacher/working for or as a politician. Writing has always just been a hobby I love.

1 Like