Questioning baby boys name

I’m not sure why im still questioning this but… i have a son Lucca, daughter [name_f]Sophia[/name_f], and my now 7 month old son Knox. we have an Italian last name and couldn’t find anything Italian that i liked that wasn’t too Italian. i really liked [name_m]Santino[/name_m] but our last name ends in ino so i felt it was too rhymey. so my question is , honestly, does knox sound completely off with my other kids names. do you think he will feel like left out or something as he grows up. should i have picked something Italian just because i could. all these thoughts go through my head, especially after a family member said something about it. i kept going back to the name knox because i absolutely love it and so we just decided to go with something we love rather than match. thank you for taking the time to read my post.

This is totally legitimate, and I always say that loving the name you choose is the single most important point to consider.

I think [name_u]Lucca[/name_u], [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] and [name_m]Knox[/name_m] go together really well. [name_u]Lucca[/name_u] is the only one of the three that strikes me as distinctly Italian – [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] (especially with this spelling) is such a popular choice throughout the [name_f]English[/name_f]-speaking world that it seems like a beautiful, culturally neutral choice to me. All three names feel lively and current and they make a really cool set!

I do like [name_m]Santino[/name_m] as well, but I think it would have been rather sing-songy with your -ino surname, plus it’s a little similar to [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] (would you now be worrying that [name_u]Lucca[/name_u] is the only one without an S name?)

I think you chose a great name :+1: And it sounds like you agree it’s a great name, so enjoy it!

5 Likes

I agree, I think it’s most important to choose a name you love. [name_f]My[/name_f] sisters and I do not have names that would go in a typical sibset and none of us feel “left out”. I think all 3 of your kids names sound great together!

2 Likes

I think you chose a great name and the fact that you love it makes it even better! Does he have a middle? Maybe you could add something more Italian to tie it in a little? But regardless, you’ve got some well-named kids!

2 Likes

Thanks! His middle name is [name_m]Anthony[/name_m]. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband Chose that and I just said ok because it sounded good together. I’m also wondering if I should have picked an italian name i like for the middle name in case he wants to go by . I like anthony for his middle name but just as a middle name.

Ohh well [name_m]Anthony[/name_m] is nice! He could always go by [name_u]Tony[/name_u] if he wanted?

I think if you love it that all the matters! Whether names in a sibset match isn’t really something that I think of often anyways. Similarly, my name is vintage and old fashion while I have two siblings with modern type names and no one has ever mentioned anything about it.

I think [name_u]Lucca[/name_u], [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] & [name_m]Knox[/name_m] sound beautiful together. And you love the name so I’d definitely keep it.

Knox [name_m]Anthony[/name_m] is also a nice combo. If you’re really unsure about the lack of Italian in his name, I would suggest thinking about adding a middle name to go between [name_m]Knox[/name_m] and [name_m]Anthony[/name_m]. Then he has the link to his heritage and the option to go by that name in the future if he wants.

Overall though, I think he has a lovely name and there is no need to change/ add to it, unless you really want to.

1 Like

If u kept going back to it then that means u really love it. To me that trumps sibset compatibility and last name first name flow.

2 Likes

Knox is fine with [name_u]Lucca[/name_u] and [name_f]Sophia[/name_f]. I would try a more common middle to balance it out, but that depends on your style.

1 Like

Like anthony?thats his middle name now

1 Like

That’s perfect! Classic and Italian

I agree! I think that spelling of [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] makes the set work well together. They’re all well-known, somewhat popular, and on trend. I think it’s pretty common for families to choose more on trend names rather than something distinctly attached to their heritage. After all, that’s what last names are for!

[name_m]Knox[/name_m] [name_m]Anthony[/name_m] is a great combo as well, and [name_m]Anthony[/name_m] is like [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] in that it’s a popular modern choice that still has the same Italian charm. Best of luck!

1 Like

Thank you all for honest input and reassurance

Coming back to bump this post…