Questions about a few names for stories?

As you know, I like to write short stories and often come to Nameberry for name suggestions. So I have a few questions about possible names.

1. What kind of girl do you picture when you hear the name [name]Sydney[/name]? Keep in mind that this character will be about 12 or 13.
  2. What do you picture when you hear [name]Corinne[/name]? I think of a beautiful, quiet, dark-haired, maybe musical character (since I associate the name with singer [name]Corinne[/name] [name]Bailey[/name] [name]Rae[/name])
  3. [name]Do[/name] you think [name]Zoe[/name] is too trendy? [name]Will[/name] it look good on an adult?

That’s all for now. Keep in mind I will find a way to incorporate my favorite “older” names into the story.

I’ve always found unisex names to bring to mind more boyish women. Feisty, willing to get dirty.

[name]Corinne[/name] I definitely associate with a quieter individual. Someone more studious than social. More introverted than extroverted. Shy, polite.

I do find [name]Zoe[/name] to be trendy, honestly, and I’ve never thought [name]Zoe[/name]/[name]Chloe[/name] fit well on an adult.

[name]Sydney[/name] sounds like a tomboy to me. [name]Corinne[/name] is not a favourite name of mine - there is a girl up the road called this and she is called [name]CorINNE[/name] with the emphasis on the second syllable, which I don’t like. I quite like [name]Coral[/name], though, and [name]Cora[/name] is even better.

I know a couple of Zoes who are adult. I like it, a [name]Zoe[/name] is an individual-thinker, artistic and strong.

1. I picture a tomboy with braces when I hear “[name]Sydney[/name].”

2. With [name]Corinne[/name], I picture a pretty woman with blonde hair, most likely because I associate the name with [name]Cybill[/name] [name]Shepherd[/name]'s character, [name]Corinne[/name], in the movie “Chances Are.”

3. [name]Zoe[/name] feels pretty trendy to me, but I think it’s a strong, beautiful name. (I always pictuer someone with dark hair when I hear this name…)

Good luck! :slight_smile:

[name]Sydney[/name] - blonde, perhaps somewhat sassy, maybe a tomboy or can at least hold her own amongst boys.
[name]Corinne[/name] - quiet, beautiful, very serene, thoughtful and imaginitive.
[name]Zoe[/name] - it is trendy, but still quite nice, and I think it would be fine for an adult. I think of [name]Zooey[/name] Deschanel when I hear it, who is awesome!