Questions about Delaney

Would love to hear your thoughts on this name.

[name]Do[/name] you like this on a girl?
[name]Do[/name] you think it will age well?
Does it feel like a sophisticated/spunky name?
Is the sound appealing?
[name]Do[/name] you feel its fresh enough to use or does it feel dated?
Are there any bad associations with this name that you can think of?

I have a love/hate relationship with [name]Delaney[/name].
I don’t care for the name [name]Delaney[/name] (I can’t even explain why), but I love the nn [name]Laney[/name]. The problem with [name]Laney[/name] is that it doesn’t age well in my opinion. I don’t know any adult [name]Delaney[/name]'s, but I suppose I can picture it. I don’t think it is fresh (it has been fairly popular for at least the past decade), but it doesn’t feel dated to me either. To me [name]Delaney[/name] is just an OK name – nothing wrong with it, but it doesn’t stand out to me, either.

[name]HI[/name], [name]PLATO[/name]:

[name]Do[/name] you like this on a girl? ONLY [name]EVER[/name] HEARD IT ON A GIRL, SO, YES!

[name]Do[/name] you think it will age well? I THINK IT AGES [name]JUST[/name] FINE. A MID-SPECTRUM NAME, MAYBE, ON THE AGING ISSUE. I [name]DON[/name]'T PICTURE A TODDLER, BUT I [name]DON[/name]'T PICTURE AN OLD LADY. I PICTURE A TEENAGER. PROBABLY BECAUSE THE [name]DELANEY[/name]'S I’VE KNOWN WERE TEENS…

Does it feel like a sophisticated/spunky name? SOPHISTICATED AND SPUNKY ARE TWO VERY, VERY DIFFERENT THINGS. SOPHISTICATED? THAT’S MORE LIKE ELEGANT AND ADULT TO ME, SO IT ISN’T THE FIRST THING I THINK OF WITH [name]DELANEY[/name]. BUT, SPUNKY? FOR SURE! IT IS A FUN, PLAYFUL, BUT SUBTLY SERIOUS NAME.

Is the sound appealing? YES, I THINK SO. [name]LANEY[/name] AS A NICKNAME IS NICE, TOO!

[name]Do[/name] you feel its fresh enough to use or does it feel dated? I [name]DON[/name]'T THINK IT IS FRESH OR DATED. IT ISN’T LIKE THE NEWER NAMES WITH UNISEX OR SURNAME FEELS, WHICH [name]DELANEY[/name] HAS, BUT IT ISN’T LIKE [name]MADISON[/name] OR SOMETHING. OVERALL, IT FEELS MUCH FRESHER THAN [name]MADISON[/name] TO ME. BUT, MAYBE IT ISN’T AS FRESH AS [name]HARPER[/name] TO ME? NOT DATED, THOUGH, NOT AT ALL.

Are there any bad associations with this name that you can think of? UH, NO? I [name]DON[/name]'T THINK SO. IT KIND OF REMINDS ME OF [name]DELANO[/name], THOUGH, SO I THINK OF [name]FRANKLIN[/name] [name]DELANO[/name] [name]ROOSEVELT[/name], BUT I THINK THAT’S PROBABLY A GOOD ASSOCIATION, RIGHT? :wink:

[name]LEMON[/name]

[name]Do[/name] you like this on a girl? Personally, I don’t care for it, but it’s just my taste. There’s nothing really wrong with it, I just don’t like it. I think of it as a trendy but not popular name (one that incorporates elements that are popular but isn’t popular itself).
[name]Do[/name] you think it will age well? Sort of. I think it ages better than [name]Laney[/name] or [name]Gracie[/name] or something like that, but I don’t think it ages as well as a name like [name]Katherine[/name] or [name]Sophia[/name].
Does it feel like a sophisticated/spunky name? Spunky yes, but not sophisticated.
Is the sound appealing? It’s not my taste. There’s nothing particularly wrong with it, but something about the first syllable turns me off to the sound.
[name]Do[/name] you feel its fresh enough to use or does it feel dated? It feels somewhat dated to me.
Are there any bad associations with this name that you can think of? Not really.

I’m not usually a big fan of surnames for girls or boys but this is one rare exception. [name]Delaney[/name] is not sophisticated but it sure has lots of spirit. It’s a name for a girl with plenty of spunk. I don’t think it poses a problem into adulthood either. [name]Lane[/name] or [name]Delaine[/name] would be lovely nicknames. My other fav surname for a girl is [name]Ellery[/name].