Questions about Lola, Take 2

I’ve had a bit of time to look at some potential [name_f]Lola[/name_f] options, and these are some that have piqued my interest. Are they usable? Are they usable to get to [name_f]Lola[/name_f]? I have reservations with each, but I’ll hold my tongue, as I’d like more unbiased answers to start. :slight_smile:

[name_f]Amapola[/name_f]
[name_f]Agnola[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliora[/name_f]
[name_f]Eloisa[/name_f]
[name_f]Philomena[/name_f]

Thanks, Berries!

I think [name_f]Eliora[/name_f] and [name_f]Philomena[/name_f] are a bit of a stretch, but really it’s all up to you. [name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_f]Viola[/name_f]?

I feel like I should love it, since I adore Twelfth [name_m]Night[/name_m], but I can’t seem to get into [name_f]Viola[/name_f] or [name_f]Violetta[/name_f], much as I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]. I had mentioned [name_f]Violet[/name_f] nn [name_f]Lola[/name_f], but someone thought it was too much of a stretch.

Anyone else? :slight_smile:

I think I may be down to Amapola, Eloisa, and Eliora for these. Eliora nn Lola seems like a pretty big stretch still; I’m thinking I’ll find a spot for her, but it may not be with the nn Lola. Unless someone is majorly able to convince me that Eliora nn Lola makes perfect sense. :slight_smile:

[name_f]Eloisa[/name_f] and [name_f]Eliora[/name_f] are so beautiful and definitely usable. I particularly love [name_f]Eliora[/name_f] for it’s meaning and uniqueness. The others are cool names but would not be usable to me personally. Eliosa seems the the most intuitive to me for nn [name_f]Lola[/name_f]. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you also like [name_f]Lula[/name_f]?

I like [name_f]Eloisa[/name_f] nn [name_f]Lola[/name_f]
I also really like [name_f]Lolita[/name_f] :slight_smile:

I think [name_f]Amapola[/name_f] works best. I am actually beginning to like [name_f]Amapola[/name_f]. It’s unexpected yet pretty:)

@fireweed25 - no, unfortunately, [name_f]Lula[/name_f]'s not my thing. Ironically, I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_f]Lola[/name_f], [name_f]Lila[/name_f], [name_f]Lily[/name_f], [name_f]Lilia[/name_f], [name_f]Lulu[/name_f], [name_u]Lou[/name_u], [name_f]Louisa[/name_f], [name_f]Eloisa[/name_f], even [name_f]Leila[/name_f], but [name_f]Lula[/name_f] has never appealed to me in the slightest.

@emmamay - thanks! I love the ties to my favorite veterans with [name_f]Amapola[/name_f], but I don’t know that it feels like “me” as a fn. I don’t know if I’m brave enough. I’m also thinking about L_____ [name_f]Amapola[/name_f] nn [name_f]Lola[/name_f]? Like [name_f]Lise[/name_f] [name_f]Amapola[/name_f] nn [name_f]Lola[/name_f]/Liesey.

[name_f]Eloisa[/name_f] is a sweet and unexpected way to get to [name_f]Lola[/name_f]. Have you considered [name_f]Lorraine[/name_f]?

What about [name_f]Winola[/name_f]? :slight_smile:

Thanks, ladies! Neither [name_f]Winola[/name_f] or [name_f]Lorraine[/name_f] are really my thing, but I wish [name_f]Winola[/name_f] was, because it could give me [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] OR [name_f]Lola[/name_f]–two nns I’m really loving right now!

Although I could see [name_f]Eloisa[/name_f] as a [name_f]Lola[/name_f], I think the name [name_f]Eloisa[/name_f] sounds just like [name_u]Eloise[/name_u] with an Italian accent. It’s too fanciful for my taste and I prefer [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] (I prefer the soft ‘ess’ of [name_f]Luisa[/name_f] even more). I’ve met two Lolas under the age of 5 over the past year, neither were short for anything.

Names that I’d use the nn [name_f]Lola[/name_f] for are:

[name_f]Lorelei[/name_f]/[name_f]Lorelai[/name_f]
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f]
[name_f]Paloma[/name_f]
[name_u]Marlowe[/name_u]
[name_f]Harlow[/name_f]
[name_f]Lolita[/name_f]

I think they can all get to [name_f]Lola[/name_f]. Although some are a bit of a stretch, there are names that have nicknames that are so “off” you can hardly tell where they come from.