Questions on Huck

[name]Huck[/name] has been on my mind a lot lately, and I think I really like it! As much as I like the name, I feel as though it needs a more formal name. I know that there is [name]Huckleberry[/name] but that isn’t my style. I’ve also tossed around [name]Huxley[/name], but I’m not commpletely sold. Any other ideas on full names?

Also, what are your thoughts on [name]Huck[/name]? [name]Do[/name] you think it’s usable? Or is it too close to a certain not so pleasant word? (I know someone named [name]Tucker[/name], who often goes by [name]Tuck[/name], and I’ve never noticed him or his family having an issue with it.)

I think it’s fine as a nn, but there will always be the implied association of [name]Huckleberry[/name] [name]Finn[/name], especially when he gets to middle school and they read the book. I can’t really think of any other full names that would precipitate that particular nn.

[name]Tucker[/name] is a nice name, and [name]Tuck[/name] is a natural nn from it. Personally, I like [name]Tucker[/name] much better than [name]Huckleberry[/name] or [name]Huxley[/name].

[name]Just[/name] replied to another thread where they were considering [name]Charles[/name] nn [name]Huck[/name]. Derived from the common nn [name]Chuck[/name] for [name]Charlie[/name], just taking the C off of [name]Chuck[/name] to get [name]Huck[/name]! [name]Love[/name] this idea!

[name]Huxley[/name] is also a cool idea - definitely a much more modern vibe than [name]Charles[/name], and much more wearable than [name]Huckleberry[/name]!

xo [name]Viv[/name]

I don’t like [name]Huck[/name] by itself, and it’s partly because of the rhyming potential. I love [name]Huxley[/name] and think of [name]Aldous[/name] [name]Huxley[/name], which is great. I think anything with a HU sound at the beginning would be fine for the nn [name]Huck[/name].

Options:

[name]Hubert[/name]
Hudak
[name]Hudson[/name]
[name]Hulbert[/name]
[name]Humbert[/name]
[name]Humphrey[/name]
[name]Hunter[/name]
[name]Huntley[/name]
[name]Hurley[/name]
[name]Hutchinson[/name]
Hutton

I like [name]Huck[/name]. I think [name]Tuck[/name] is more expected/ more popular right now. And I love [name]Huxley[/name]!! Very modern and fresh sounding for a boy. I would go for it!