Quick poll: updated short list

With some help here in the forums I have a few new names on my short list and I just wanted to get a feel for what people are liking.
I’m still open to more suggestions, looking for long names with easy to pronounce nicknames, particularly avoiding hard C/K sounds at tue front of the mame or in the the nickname ideally.

Potential sister names for brother [name_m]Archimedes[/name_m] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] nn [name_m]Archie[/name_m]:

• Isidora nn [name_f]Izzie[/name_f]
  • Esmeralda nn [name_f]Esme[/name_f] or [name_f]Essie[/name_f]
  • Eugenia nn [name_u]Genie[/name_u]
  • Wilhelmina nn [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] or [name_f]Mina[/name_f]
  • Euphemia nn [name_f]Effie[/name_f], Uffie, [name_f]Pema[/name_f], or [name_f]Mia[/name_f]
  • Octavia nn [name_m]Otto[/name_m] or [name_f]Vivi[/name_f]
  • Demetria nn [name_f]Demi[/name_f]/Deme

0 voters

2 Likes

For now anyway. It makes me sad too! We aren’t ttc yet and I’m hoping by winter we’ll be able to start taking [name_m]Archie[/name_m] to speech therapy again. Depending on where he is at when we actually start trying for baby 2 it may make it’s way back onto the list.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your thoughts and words. He’s actually scheduled to have an evaluation for the spectrum in a couple of weeks (also in the process of scheduling an appointment with pediatric audiologist just to be sure of the condition of his hearing.) A lot of things were pushed back for us due to covid but the ball is finally rolling! Right now we work on verbal but also use some sign language and have utilized a PEC book, all of which have been very helpful. My philosophy is just to give him as many tools as possible to communicate.

3 Likes

I love:

Isidora
[name_f]Eugenia[/name_f]
[name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f]

1 Like

I went for [name_f]Eugenia[/name_f], I love [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] but I don’t think it lived up to the vibe [name_m]Archimedes[/name_m] has. I feel [name_f]Eugenia[/name_f] matches it perfectly.

The rest of your choices are quite good too! I’d only be slightly hesitant about [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] because it’s such a Hispanic/Latino sounding name that I don’t feel matches [name_m]Archimedes[/name_m] at all.

1 Like

My partner is in a similar position. He’s 30 now and recently told me that he thinks he’s on the spectrum and is considering seeing someone about diagnosis. He says he feels he just got good at masking at a young age and anything else his family wrote off as “quirky.”

I have other relatives on the spectrum and have nannied a few autists over the years so I’ve gotten to see the difference having the appropriate resources and accommodations makes.

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback! We like Mediterranean names in general, so Greek and Latin (Spanish, Italian, [name_u]French[/name_u], and old Latin) are largely the names we consider. So we aren’t personally bothered by language differences between Spanish/Portuguese [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] when compared to Latinized Greek [name_m]Archimedes[/name_m], but I also totally appreciate you’re feeling that they’re mismatched.

1 Like

I really like [name_f]Isidora[/name_f] and [name_f]Octavia[/name_f] (LOVE [name_m]Otto[/name_m]!) for [name_m]Archimedes[/name_m]’ sister. Best of luck to you in pursuing support for A :blue_heart:

1 Like

I’m glad I’m not the only one that thinks [name_m]Otto[/name_m] is a cute nickname for [name_f]Octavia[/name_f]!

1 Like

Oh I forgot to mention part of the appeal of [name_f]Euphemia[/name_f] for us.

We haven’t really done any honor names but have tried to do a nod to my dad [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] with [name_m]Archie[/name_m]'s middle being [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] (both latinate names adapted from Greek, [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] meaning “[name_m]Christ[/name_m] Bearer” and [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] meaning “God’s gift”.)

[name_f]My[/name_f] mom is named [name_f]Felicia[/name_f] and mostly goes by [name_u]Fee[/name_u], so I like [name_f]Euphemia[/name_f] or nn [name_f]Effie[/name_f] especially for being similar but still distinct from my mom. Alternatively I’m considering using [name_f]Philou[/name_f] (my mother’s full name is [name_f]Felicia[/name_f] [name_u]Louise[/name_u]) as a middle name with one of the first name options in the poll. [name_f]Isidora[/name_f] [name_f]Philou[/name_f]? [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] [name_f]Philou[/name_f]? [name_f]Eugenia[/name_f] [name_f]Philou[/name_f]? [name_f]Demetria[/name_f] [name_f]Philou[/name_f]?

1 Like

Demetria and [name_f]Euphemia[/name_f] go best with [name_m]Archimedes[/name_m], imo!

1 Like

There’s something about [name_u]Genie[/name_u] which is so so special!!

1 Like

So hard to chose but [name_f]Octavia[/name_f] is gorgeous

1 Like

I voted [name_f]Isidora[/name_f], [name_f]Eugenia[/name_f], and [name_f]Octavia[/name_f]! I love [name_u]Issy[/name_u]/Izzy/Izzie and [name_f]Vivi[/name_f] especially, but just adore [name_f]Eugenia[/name_f] in general! I would probably opt for [name_f]Gigi[/name_f] myself but [name_u]Genie[/name_u] is nice.

I wish I would’ve voted for [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] tho because it’s great with [name_m]Archie[/name_m]’s name and I love [name_f]Esme[/name_f](e)!

1 Like

Love all the names, but [name_f]Octavia[/name_f] is my favorite—I especially like the nickname [name_u]Tavi[/name_u] for it.

1 Like