Quick Poll

See the results of this poll: Would you give two of your children the same first and middle initial?

Respondents: 26 (This poll is closed)

• Yes, it’s not a big deal.: 5 (19%)
  • No way!: 6 (23%)
  • Maybe if I loved a certain name combination enough.: 15 (58%)

I might use the same first initial OR the same middle initial, if I loved the names enough. But I wouldn’t do the same first and middle initials. I also wouldn’t give matching initials to two children and not the rest (assuming I had more than two).

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Thanks! :slight_smile: It’s good to know!

I am debatng with myself about this very topic.

I have a son [name]Oliver[/name] and love [name]Oscar[/name] but wonder if its too much.

My brother and i both have J names (we have another brother with an L name) it was never a problem for us but im wondering if it would be more confusing with the same sex. When the mail is delivered they would both be Mr O __________

I like [name]Oliver[/name] and [name]Oscar[/name] together. I don’t think it will get confusing!

I voted for the third option. For me, loving the name would be more important than sharing initials. I mean, the idea of shared initials wouldn’t thrill me, but it wouldn’t stop me from using my favorite combos, either. :slight_smile:

Take care! :slight_smile:

I agree! I have this affinity for “L” names and never would have thought of using more than one until I found the name [name]Linnea[/name] in my family tree. I had been planning on using [name]Lyra[/name] for years and never planned on using the same starting letter, but when I found (and fell in love with) [name]Linnea[/name], I figured I could make room for one more L.