Quick Prayer Thread, with Bible Verses

Jumping off the thread @winterdragon04 started for Bible verses, and also the mental health thread, compliments thread, rant thread, and a few others — I thought it would be worth having a quick prayer thread on NB to help support each other.

Basically, feel free to share a prayer request, of any sort, big or small.

If you pray for someone else’s request, click the heart. That is, heart doesn’t mean “I love the hard thing you’re going through.” It doesn’t even mean “I agree with everything you said theologically.” It just means “I’m praying for you / with you.”

And, it’s not required, but if anyone has an encouraging Bible verse or encouragement that speaks to any prayer request, feel free to share.

14 Likes

I’ll start.

Having a bit of a down day yesterday. Two days ago, we had a bushfire scare and had to evacuate. Spent the night at a friend’s shack (aussie for holiday house) and felt really cared for. It’s not easy to find alt housing for our big family, and the place was lovely.

We did our best to leave the shack in better order than we found it, b/c it was such a kindness. But the shack caretaker (not the owner, who is a friend), sent sort of a grumpy text after about all the work we created for him. All we can figure is that he was unhappy about all the laundry from towels and bedding. Anyway, it’s a small thing, but weighed on both me and my wife heavily. Last thing we want to be is a pain to others who are showing kindness to us!

Edited: The bushfire itself is no longer a threat. Our firies (aka firefighters) did an excellent job containing the fire, which burned about 8 hectares / 20 acres on the adjacent property, and ended up doing no harm to any buildings or humans, despite coming close to a few dwellings. We’re super grateful!

13 Likes

I think this is such a great idea! I don’t have anything right now, but I’ll probably be back

@tp_b That must have been pretty scary, especially with your family! I hope you have a good day :blush:

4 Likes

Thanks for posting this thread! I will definitely be praying for provision and peace for you and your family!

As for me, we just found out that my grandma has Covid. She’s 95, and a strong believer. She’s been ready to go for a long time, but please pray that she would not be in too much pain. Also for my mom and her siblings, because it’s really hard for them to not be able to see her.

21 Likes

I’ll be praying for your family. I’m so sorry that you’re going through this pain. [name_f]May[/name_f] God bless you and your whole family during these difficult times.

6 Likes

That’s full on [name_f]Meg[/name_f]. Keep us updated.

5 Likes

My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.
Psalms 73:26 KJV
Praying for all those going through trying times that the [name_m]Lord[/name_m] guides you through them.

6 Likes

praying for the both of you in this difficult time

Psalm 46: 1-3
God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. So we will not fear when earthquakes come and the mountains crumble into the sea. Let the oceans roar and foam. Let the mountains tremble as the waters surge.

@tp_b
Phillippians 4:6

Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in [name_m]Jesus[/name_m] [name_m]Christ[/name_m].

@MG1257

Revelation 21: 4
He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever.

14 Likes

Just to keep the ball rolling - really, feel free to post any prayer request, big or small, whenever it strikes you. You don’t have to wait for “a really big” or serious request. We can pray for the scraped knees and the terminal cancers both. And your request doesn’t have to be unique — we know everyone around the world is dealing with COVID. And you don’t have to wait. If you have a few things that need prayer, feel free to share.

6 Likes

I’ll share one more —

We run accommodation for travellers as a [name_u]Christian[/name_u] ministry. Mostly young people who come to Aus on work-stay visas, from Europe and [name_f]Asia[/name_f], to pick and pack fruit in exchange for a two year stay. Obviously, COVID messes with all of that. Local farmers are worried about not having enough hands to help with the cherry, apple, and other stone fruit harvests. And we are keen to have someone stay in our accomodation. We’re non-profit, and our finances do not depend on it, but our vocation does. So it’s off to be empty. Our high season normally starts about now and ends in [name_f]May[/name_f].

Would love prayer for travellers to come, while still remaining safe from COVID.

9 Likes

I’ll definitely be praying for you @tp_b!
Here’s mine:
I’m still in high school, and I’ve been really stressed lately. I have to give a speech in my [name_f]English[/name_f] class and I don’t feel prepared enough, and I’ve been struggling in some of my other classes. Honestly, school this year in general is super stressful, so any prayer is greatly appreciated. Also I just wanted to say that I love this thread already, everybody is so nice. Thank you all so much!

8 Likes

I am not religious basically at all, but this thread is such a good idea! Consider me to be virtually hugging every post I like. (Wait that sounds weird. What I mean is I will give everyone virtual hugs by liking their posts).

12 Likes

lol, thanks for the virtual hug :blush:

3 Likes

Thanks for making this thread :slight_smile: I’m 20, trying my third antidepressant, I’m physically ill with intense fatigue and struggling to manage my ocd, depression and c-ptsd. Life is a lot more challenging than I thought it would be. I appreciate the support that this community gives <3 Praying for you all, please pray for me <3

9 Likes

Praying for you too @Helena006 — let us know how it goes!

And for your @RelaxationVacation! Is there anyone to support you locally in this difficult season?

2 Likes

I just wanted to really quickly say that my speach in [name_f]English[/name_f] was supposed to be today, but my teacher ended up giving me the weekend to prepare :sweat_smile: prayer really does work! @RelaxationVacation We’re praying for you, I can’t imagine how difficult that must be!

3 Likes

I love this thread! Thank you @tp_b for making it. It’s so awesome getting to come here and be able to lift up my brothers and sisters in prayer :blush:

I do have a request. This week has been exhausting for me. I have a lot going on and a lot still to do yet today. I just feel worn out and like I’m spread too thin. I also have had to make a very difficult and emotional decision this week to remove myself from a toxic work environment. I want to leave the stress but it was my dream job, so I’m sad to go. I feel peace about my decision, but it’s still hard having to leave after only a year and I’m not sure how my managers will react since I’m leaving right before the busiest time of the year. Prayers would be greatly appreciated, and please know that all of you who have shared requests are in mine! :yellow_heart:

8 Likes

It must have been really hard to leave your dream job! I’m so sorry that you had to do that, but it’s good that you are able to recognize that you need to get out. I know that Hevenly Father puts us in situations like that for a reason, and I pray that you are to get what He wants you to get from this.
Joshua 1:9 NIV

9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. [name_f]Do[/name_f] not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the [name_m]Lord[/name_m] your God will be with you wherever you go."

Jeremiah 29:11 NIV

11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the [name_m]Lord[/name_m], "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

4 Likes

i would like to start off saying this is a beautiful thread and you are all beautiful people taking time to lift up friends in need.
i’m not sure i even have a place here, but i felt compelled nonetheless. i’m stranded in a long struggle of faith, so i already feel bad asking for a prayer without feeling i can give something bad.

my mental, and likely physical, health is at an all time low. it wasn’t long ago i was officially diagnosed with autism, which was a tough pill to swallow.
i’m in the middle of a job search, and it is not going well at all. i thought i saw a glimmer of hope, but turns out i’ve been left with very bleak options that won’t be doing any wonders my mental state (but beggars can’t be choosers right?)

y’all i think i just need a hug

12 Likes

Sending hugs your way! :heart: You are always welcome here! Please don’t feel bad about asking for prayer. I’ll be lifting you up, and I think the verses that @Helena006 just shared are good ones for you. I’m listening to the radio right now and I just heard a song that I feel I should share with you: it’s called Truth Be Told by [name_m]Matthew[/name_m] [name_u]West[/name_u] if you want to listen to it :slight_smile: Hugs and prayers!!

5 Likes