Quintessential Classic Girls' Names

Hello!

My taste in girls’ names has always been quirky and a little off-the-beaten-path (but not for this site, I see!). [name]Beatrice[/name], [name]Ramona[/name], [name]Cosette[/name], [name]Siri[/name], [name]Matilda[/name], [name]Annabel[/name] and [name]Vivianne[/name] were all on my short list for my daughter, whom we ultimately named [name]Elizabeth[/name]. I know that if I should have any more daughters, any of these names would work well with [name]Elizabeth[/name], but now that I have a daughter with a classic name, I’m beginning to veer toward “traditional” names. In the past I have turned a blind eye to these names, but now I’m trying to compile a list to contemplate for the future. I need help, though! All I can come up with are listed below, but I know there must be more out there! Any additions/suggestions?

To be clear, I’m looking for names that have history yet feel timeless, accessibility/familiarity and femininity. Such as:

[name]Harriet[/name] [name]Hazel[/name] - my favorite combination right now!
[name]Catherine[/name] (we cannot use this one because I have a niece named [name]Katie[/name])
[name]Anna[/name]

Thank you!

Are these the kinds of names you’re looking for?

[name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Helena[/name]
[name]Cecilia[/name]
[name]Eve[/name]
[name]Jane[/name]
[name]Laura[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Mary[/name]
[name]Julia[/name]
[name]Victoria[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Virginia[/name]
[name]Grace[/name]
[name]Sophia[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Abigail[/name]
[name]Rebecca[/name]
[name]Rose[/name]
[name]Leah[/name]
[name]Claire[/name]

Yes! Irisrose - these are perfect. Thank you for the additions. For some reason, my brain has been mulling over my other lists for so long, I couldn’t think of any traditional names! :slight_smile:

Along the same vein, other than [name]Hattie[/name], [name]Hatsy[/name] and [name]Harry[/name], are there any other nicknames that could stem from [name]Harriet[/name]? As I said before, I love [name]Harriet[/name] [name]Hazel[/name] as a combo, but cannot come up with a cute nn!