Quintuplets??

Heyya

I don’t know anyone with quintuplets, but I was just wondering. If YOU had quintuplets, would you be secretly matchy? Like combo ideas…hard to explain…haha. This is what I mean!
Would you have all their names be…
short and sweet?
same letter?
boy/girl same letter?

ETC

Any ideas? Any ways you’d do differently?

P.S. [name]Happy[/name] Thanksgiving!!

I think I would go for names subtly matchy. In my case that’d probably be long names, with short and sweet nicknames.

So: [name]Elisabeth[/name], [name]Margaret[/name], [name]Josephine[/name], [name]Katherine[/name] and [name]Leonora[/name]. Aka [name]Elise[/name], [name]Meg[/name], [name]Josie[/name], [name]Kate[/name] and [name]Nora[/name].

I’d probably do short and sweet, all different initials and I’d try and make them end differently as well.
[name]Say[/name] I had quintuplets, I think I’d name them (if I got to choose genders): [name]Tula[/name], [name]Margot[/name], [name]Lorcan[/name], [name]Vincent[/name] & [name]River[/name], so they all are 2 syllables, I guess that’s a bit matchy…

I don’t think I’d be matchy, but I wouldn’t be able to resist giving the youngest one [name]Quinn[/name] as a middle. I’d probably keep it in the same general style. So, say for three girls and two boys:
Classic- [name]Jane[/name], [name]Anna[/name], [name]Catherine[/name], [name]Thomas[/name], [name]William[/name]
Quirky- [name]Jessamine[/name], [name]Felicity[/name], [name]Amabel[/name], [name]August[/name], [name]Dashiell[/name]
Frilly- [name]Annabella[/name], [name]Seraphina[/name], [name]Lucia[/name], [name]Amedeo[/name], [name]Raphael[/name]
Popular- [name]Sophia[/name], [name]Ava[/name], [name]Zoe[/name], [name]Liam[/name], [name]Cole[/name]

I don’t think I’d use a theme, just my favourite names. So they’d be…

[name]Julia[/name], [name]Annabelle[/name], [name]Veronica[/name], [name]Catherine[/name] & [name]Margaret[/name] OR [name]Julian[/name], [name]Alasdair[/name], [name]Theo[/name], [name]Nicholas[/name] & [name]Frederic[/name] OR a mixture of them.

I can see why it’d be appealing to use a theme like flowers or colours but I think a more subtle one like same number of letter or same syllables or first to last letters would be better.

• [name]Charlie[/name]

Deep down, I’d want to give every single one of them a first name that begins with the letter Q. After all, my first and only child’s name is [name]Quentin[/name], and I love that he has a name that begins with a rare letter. And so… if I had it my way… there would be…

B/G/G/B/G: [name]Quillan[/name], Quiterie, [name]Quirin[/name], Quagan, & Queralt

I’d love to use matching names but I’d end up using my favourite names (they don’t really match)

I’d have
[name]Tarquin[/name] (b)
[name]Aveen[/name] (g)
Sersha (g)
Lorcawn (b)
[name]Xander[/name] (b)

If I were to use matching names I would use
[name]Aveen[/name] [name]Rose[/name] (g)
[name]Aaron[/name] [name]Lake[/name] (b)
Ariix [name]Forest[/name] (b)
Aadam [name]Rain[/name] (b)
[name]Arlee[/name] [name]Lily[/name] (g)
[5 letter first names beginning with A and containing double vowels and nature middle names]

Knowing I’ll never have quints, I’ll admit to using some guilty pleasure names!

I’d probably use names I like that do not sound bad together. Eg:

[name]Edward[/name], [name]Audrey[/name], [name]Eleanor[/name], [name]Henry[/name], [name]Peter[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name], [name]Violet[/name], [name]Leopold[/name], [name]Imogen[/name], [name]Luna[/name]
[name]Milo[/name], [name]Dashiell[/name], [name]Otis[/name], [name]March[/name], [name]Felix[/name]
[name]Jack[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Edmund[/name], [name]Audrey[/name], [name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Basil[/name], [name]Romilly[/name], [name]Primrose[/name], [name]Anthea[/name], [name]Hugo[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name], [name]Flora[/name], [name]Imogen[/name], [name]Celeste[/name], [name]Annabel[/name]

I would name multiples as any other kids -

• NO repeat starting letters (alliteration) AT ALL
  • NO rhyming
  • Comparable popularity level - I don’t want one kid with a super unique name and the other with a top 10 name, it’s not fair for either kid!
  • Similar formality level/frilliness - not ‘fair’ for one girl to have [name]Florence[/name] and another [name]Daisy[/name], imo (neither are on my list, just examples)
  • Preferably from different cultures/languages, but not necessary

Basically I want to avoid any type of theme, so I end up going to great lengths to ensure there’s no POSSIBLE connection :stuck_out_tongue: overkill, yes… but I just don’t want someone meeting my kids and pointing out some theme as “cute” ugh. They’re people, not stuffed animals!

Although, that does certainly lock me into a theme of no themes…
And I have had to nix any C or E names because we already have locked-in favorites for those letters! Gosh forbid I actually have two kids with E names :roll: yeah yeah.

I agree, I would try to abstain from anything matchy and make sure all the names sound “fair.” They would already be known as multiples for all the rest of their lives, no need to tie them more together. They’ll all individuals, I think. :slight_smile:

I’d name 'em like siblings. No matching first letters, preferably no matching endings, similar popularity levels, similar in style…

I would use names like [name]Alice[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Emma[/name], [name]Frances[/name], [name]Hazel[/name], [name]Iris[/name], [name]Lucy[/name], [name]Ruby[/name], or [name]Stella[/name] for girls. [name]Alice[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Emma[/name], [name]Hazel[/name], and [name]Lucy[/name] are probably my favorites. Boys are tougher, but I’d likely go with names like [name]Henry[/name], [name]Isaac[/name], [name]Lucas[/name], [name]Peter[/name], [name]Russell[/name], [name]Simon[/name], or [name]Thomas[/name]. My favorites are [name]Henry[/name], [name]Isaac[/name], and [name]Peter[/name], but if I needed five, I’d go with [name]Henry[/name], [name]Isaac[/name], [name]Lucas[/name], [name]Peter[/name], and [name]Russell[/name]. If I could pick any combination of genders, I’d likely use [name]Alice[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Henry[/name], [name]Isaac[/name], and [name]Peter[/name] (GGBBB) or [name]Alice[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Emma[/name], [name]Henry[/name], and [name]Isaac[/name], or maybe [name]Peter[/name]. I have no clue!

I know those are all two syllable classics, but that’s sort of my “thing” right now. If I were to do anything match-y, it would be in the middle names. [name]Alice[/name] [name]Briony[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eloise[/name], [name]Emma[/name] [name]Violet[/name], [name]Henry[/name] [name]Oliver[/name], and [name]Isaac[/name] [name]Dorian[/name]. All have I’s and O’s! All are three syllables! Or, maybe I’d do something literary, like [name]Alice[/name] [name]Harper[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Willa[/name], [name]Emma[/name] [name]Bronte[/name], [name]Henry[/name] [name]Austen[/name], and [name]Isaac[/name] [name]Hawthorne[/name]. Eh, I don’t know…

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

I definitely wouldn’t do anything matchy, but I’d make sure they fit together stylistically. Maybe:

[name]Louisa[/name], [name]Genevieve[/name], [name]Alice[/name], [name]Matthias[/name], and [name]Benjamin[/name]
[name]Jessamine[/name], [name]Cordelia[/name], [name]Eloise[/name], [name]Hadrian[/name], [name]Lysander[/name]
[name]Julia[/name], [name]Alice[/name], [name]Fiona[/name], [name]Henry[/name], and [name]William[/name]
[name]Iris[/name], [name]Clara[/name], [name]Maeve[/name], [name]Finn[/name], and [name]Charles[/name]

I might stick a subtle theme in the middle, but most likely I’d just name them as siblings.

I wouldn’t name them any different than I would if they had all arrived one at a time. Any themes would not be glaringly obvious–i.e., not all starting with the same letter. The theme I’m currently planning on naming my daughters is after our great-grandmothers, so there is a theme, but one that no one outside the family would realize.

So 5 girls would be:
[name]Celia[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Cora[/name] [name]Rachel[/name] [name]Adair[/name]
[name]Irene[/name] [name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Carol[/name]
[name]Pearl[/name] Faylie [name]Susannah[/name]
and…
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Florence[/name] [name]June[/name]

The first four are my current picks in any case. The last one is debatable. My fifth favorite name is [name]Florence[/name] [name]Luella[/name] [name]June[/name]. However, that moves the family name ([name]Luella[/name]) to the second place, unlike any of the others, and while I would want to nn her [name]Flora[/name] [name]June[/name], it wouldn’t work well I’m afraid with the [name]Cora[/name] we already have. :frowning: The pool of other possible names are: [name]Lydia[/name], [name]Sally[/name], [name]Luella[/name], [name]Rosie[/name], and [name]Pennie[/name]. ’

Boys would be Biblical names.

[name]David[/name], [name]Enoch[/name], [name]Elijah[/name], [name]Silas[/name], and [name]Nathaniel[/name] maybe [name]Nathaniel[/name] is too long to go with the others, and [name]Enoch[/name] and [name]Elijah[/name] too matchy…

[name]Texas[/name] [name]Abraham[/name]
[name]Bunny[/name] [name]Nicole[/name]
[name]Wylie[/name] [name]Isaac[/name]
[name]Bellamy[/name] [name]Amalia[/name]
[name]Montgomery[/name] [name]Jacob[/name]–

The boys are western/cowboy type names with the fathers of the Israelites as middle names. The girls both have ‘B’ names, which I love, and the middle names are both similar to distant family members.

I would use a subtle theme like all Shakespearean names or something like that. My boys both have 6 letter first names and Italian middle names. I would use the same criteria for multiples as I would for any other siblings.

I definitely wouldn’t do anything too matchy. They’ll be compared to each other forever so I’d avoid it at all costs!
I’d have:

[name]Flora[/name], [name]Adeline[/name], Esmé, [name]Clara[/name] and [name]Ivy[/name]. Or,
[name]William[/name], [name]Henry[/name], [name]Elliot[/name], [name]James[/name] and [name]Luca[/name].

Actually, I think all my boys names match apart from [name]Luca[/name]. The girls are a little more mixed up, but nothing too random thrown in!

I would change my mind every other day. I like popular and classic names and I would try to make the names seem equal.
[name]Sophia[/name], [name]Julia[/name], [name]Audrey[/name], [name]William[/name] and [name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Lily[/name], [name]Sophia[/name], [name]Mia[/name], [name]Alexander[/name] and [name]Henry[/name]
[name]Quinten[/name] would either be a first or middle name for a boy.
my off days (names I like, but most likely would not use):
[name]Piper[/name], [name]Reese[/name], Lakin, [name]Dashiell[/name] and [name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Arabella[/name], [name]Julianna[/name], [name]Seraphina[/name], [name]Matthias[/name] and [name]Sebastian[/name]

In reality I would try and make them unmatchy but might be hard to avoid repeating intials as I love some names with the same starting letters.

[name]Tyr[/name], [name]Rune[/name], [name]Luca[/name], [name]Odhran[/name], [name]Valo[/name]
[name]Maeve[/name], Lumi, Liadan, Elowen, [name]Ione[/name]

I recently came up with quints for a game that I liked. They were themey

[name]Artemis[/name] [name]Xanthe[/name] [name]Blythe[/name]
[name]Persephone[/name] Liadan [name]Iris[/name]
[name]Iseult[/name] [name]Seraphine[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Circe[/name] [name]Melisande[/name] [name]Wren[/name]
[name]Maeve[/name] [name]Arianna[/name] [name]Rain[/name]

[name]Taliesin[/name] [name]Odhran[/name] [name]Kai[/name]
Myrddin [name]Evander[/name] [name]Bryn[/name]
[name]Orion[/name] [name]Raphael[/name] [name]Thane[/name]
[name]Loki[/name] Caerwyn [name]Tyr[/name]
[name]Fionn[/name] [name]Malachy[/name] Ruarc

Queralt’s my nameeee!!:smiley:
There’s really few people named like me… my name is special and unique :slight_smile:

[name]Harry[/name], [name]Oscar[/name], [name]Patrick[/name], [name]Leo[/name], and [name]Max[/name].

[name]Leila[/name], [name]Sophia[/name], [name]Tallulah[/name], [name]Mariana[/name] and [name]Cassia[/name].

If it was mixed gender quintuplets I’d go for completely different names though, because it implies that you like some of the names more than others and I want to love all the names I give my children equally. (Optimism forever).

[name]Callum[/name], [name]Benedict[/name], [name]Lucia[/name], [name]Arabella[/name], [name]Emilia[/name].

And so on so forth with different names for each possible combination.