Quirky Cool Middles for Elizabeth...And a Partridge in a Pear Tree

I’m rather feeling [name]Elizabeth[/name] lately, but want a quirky, perhaps slightly off-beat middle to go with it. There are some names with personal significance that I’m contemplating. I would love your thoughts! I’d love other suggestions, too! [name]Elizabeth[/name] has special meaning, as well, so I’m not terribly fussed about the meaning of the middle.

[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Daisy[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Frost[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Kirstie[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Lucy[/name] (Although her initials would be ELF)
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Molly[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name] Nightingale
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Snow[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Willow[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Winter[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Wren[/name]

Now, for the pear tree! I was typing out [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Pearl[/name], and my L key stuck. At that moment, it struck me how cool of a middle name Pear could be. Thoughts? I think [name]Elizabeth[/name] Pear could be very cool (I love [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Plum[/name], too!), but my sil used [name]Pepper[/name] for her son’s middle name. Pear or [name]Plum[/name] would seem to be copying her.

ETA: [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Sparrow[/name] was another idea, but I’m thinking it’s too Pirates of the Caribbean. I’ve never seen the movies, but I know the leads are Jack Sparrow and Elizabeth Swann.

[name]Hi[/name] - I love your list! [name]Elizabeth[/name] is a classically beautiful name that will never go out of style. From your list, my favorites are:

[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Daisy[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Molly[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] ([name]LOVE[/name] this!) I think Pear is cool, but could be too close to your nephew’s mn.
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Violet[/name]

Also, how about:
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Maria[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Mae[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Clare[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Jane[/name]

[name]Elizabeth[/name] is a beautiful, feminine, refined classic - I really think you could do anything with her middle, and Pear is pretty darn quirky (in a very good way). I think [name]Pepper[/name] rocks for a boy, too - I recommend, if you decide you really love Pear, talking to your sister-in-law. She might even like the sweet connection for cousins, and it’s not as though they’re either the same name or in the first name position, so it shouldn’t be too much of an issue.

I’m going to be pretty unhelpful and say that I love most of your [name]Elizabeth[/name] combinations! Personally I find [name]Kirstie[/name] a little dated, and [name]Snow[/name] and [name]Winter[/name] slightly old hat as far as nature names go (the same could be said for [name]Willow[/name], but for some reason I do really like it with [name]Elizabeth[/name]). [name]Daisy[/name], [name]Lucy[/name] and [name]Molly[/name] give the name a ‘sweet vintage’ tone, [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Pearl[/name] are more ‘refined vintage’, [name]Wren[/name] and Nightingale are 'creative hipster’ish, and [name]Frost[/name] adds a fun gender-neutral twist to such a classic (and would be a really unique choice for a [name]Winter[/name] baby!) - so, I suppose it just depends which of those you’d like to aim for most.

Some other suggestion:
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Fable[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Margo/name
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Meadow[/name].

Good luck!
[name]Auburn[/name]

I already love Nightingale but I really love [name]Frost[/name]: [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Frost[/name] reminds me of 1800’s, [name]Robert[/name] [name]Frost[/name], [name]Emily[/name] [name]Dickinson[/name], Pride and Prejudice, that whole time period.

I like [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Wren[/name] a lot better than [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Sparrow[/name], but it has nothing to do with Pirates of the Caribbean.

What about [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Starling[/name]???

You have a lot of lovely suggestions here but while it is true that [name]Elizabeth[/name] is a classic for me it falls into the totally boring category I would rather have an [name]Emily[/name] any day.

I love love Elizabeth Nightingale. I just love Nightingale in any name practically. I also like [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Frost[/name] and [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Wren[/name].

I really like [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] from your list. [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Wren[/name] and [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Winter[/name] are great too.

Thank you all so much! [name]Auburn[/name], your suggestion of [name]Fable[/name] reminded me of [name]Lore[/name]. [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Lore[/name]? That might be a bit too out there. Also, would E. L. F. be horrible initials? I’ve added [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Clare[/name] and [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Meadow[/name] to the list.

Another thought was [name]Elizabeth[/name] Darling (Darling for the surname of the children in [name]Peter[/name] [name]Pan[/name].) Too cutesy, or wonderfully quirky?

I remember you posting about Nightingale before and I think [name]Elizabeth[/name] Nightingale is so great! I also love [name]Pearl[/name], [name]Wren[/name], and [name]Willow[/name] with [name]Elizabeth[/name]. Although [name]Daisy[/name] is one of my favorite names, my tongue seems to get stuck between the “th” and the “D”. Here’s some more:
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Verity[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Lace[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Coral[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Opal[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Paige[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Ondine[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Luna[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Lotus[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Bronte[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Clover[/name]

I love the flow of [name]Elizabeth[/name] with an “L” middle name! I don’t think E.L.F would necessarily be terrible initials to have…

Thanks so much! I’ve added [name]Verity[/name], [name]Opal[/name], [name]Paige[/name], [name]Luna[/name], [name]Ivy[/name], and [name]Clover[/name] to the list of middle name possibilities!

[name]How[/name] about:
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Lavender[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Tamsin[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Zalia[/name] (ZAY-lee-ah)
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Zara[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name] Kestrel
[name]Elizabeth[/name] D’Arcy/[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Darcy[/name]

I like [name]Elsa[/name] or [name]Elsie[/name] as nns for [name]Elizabeth[/name]. I also think the initials ELF are pretty cute. :slight_smile:

Added [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Tamsin[/name], and while [name]Lavender[/name] makes me think a bit too much of [name]Lavender[/name] [name]Brown[/name] from the [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name] series, it did remind me of [name]Lilac[/name]. :slight_smile:

lainy, thanks for your imput on ELF!