Quirky Zenobia and the Flowers

We’re skipping M and N for now and jumping to the end of the alphabet and to my darling [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f]!

[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f]'s my little miss quirky. She’s the [name_f]May[/name_f] [name_f]Queen[/name_f] surrounded by happiness, laughter, life and flowers, she’s an adventurer, an eccentric, someone who knows herself and is happy with who she is. Lush green spring forests, pathways, honeysuckle, meadowsweet, roses. I imagine someone who brings a drawing pad and her little pencils wherever she goes; out in the forest, up in the trees, out in her boat. [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f]'s used to scratched knees and patchy jeans, she’s a little forest sprite, stubborn and delightful. She’s an explorer of anything and everything, building tree houses, rescuing animals. She’s throwing amazing tea parties for all her little dolls and cuddlies, has elaborate sleepovers in tents in the sitting room. Face painting, faery wings, tutus and roller skates. She feels like a garden girl, someone reading books hanging upside down in the hammock, having endless picnics on rugs, someone with green fingers. I imagine someone kind and understanding, someone who takes care of people and brings them to life, takes less fortunate people under her wings and heals and protects them.

Nicknames: [name_f]Bee[/name_f], Bia, [name_f]Zoe[/name_f], [name_u]Zen[/name_u].

Names I like with [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f]:
Blodeuwedd (blod-AY-weTH)
Cissea (sis-EE-uh)
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f]
Eimyrja (AY-moor-ya)
Elentári (el-en-[name_m]TAH[/name_m]-ree)
Hespera (HES-puh-rah)
Melanthe (mel-AN-thee)
[name_f]Natasha[/name_f]
Terpsichore (terp-[name_u]SI[/name_u]-kaw-ree)
[name_f]Titania[/name_f] (ti-TAHN-ee-uh)
[name_f]Yvaine[/name_f]

Combos we’re trying on:
[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] Melanthe Blodeuwedd
[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] [name_f]Natasha[/name_f] Blodeuwedd
[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] Eimyrja Blodeuwedd
[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] Hespera Blodeuwedd

As you can see, we’re pretty set on Blodeuwedd. She was the [name_f]Goddess[/name_f] of the late spring in Welsh mythology, the first [name_f]May[/name_f] [name_f]Queen[/name_f]. She was fashioned from flowers from meadowsweet, oak and broom by Gwydion and [name_m]Math[/name_m] (magicians), married to Lleu the [name_f]May[/name_f] [name_m]King[/name_m]. Lleu turned her into an owl when she cheated on and tried to kill him. her name means “flowers/blossom” and “appearance/look/face”.

Sights & Sounds:
one - two - three - four - five - six - seven - eight (sound)

So go nuts! Suggest names, suggest combos, feel free to ignore Blodeuwedd even though we love her…

Of the combos that you are trying I particularly like: [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] Hespera Blodeuwedd and [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] [name_f]Natasha[/name_f] Blodeuwedd

Other Suggestions
[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] Hespera
[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] [name_f]Titania[/name_f] [name_f]Yvaine[/name_f]
[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] [name_f]Titania[/name_f] Blodeuwedd
[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] [name_f]Natasha[/name_f] Melanthe
[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] Cissea Blodeuwedd

[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] is gorgeous with [name_f]Aphrodite[/name_f]. She’s a strong but quirky lady! I’m not a fan of Blodeuwedd (I think it may be the Blod part that I find heavy) but of your four combos I think [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] Melanthe Blodeuwedd flows well. I think I like the shorter names ([name_f]Daphne[/name_f] and [name_f]Yvaine[/name_f]) breaking up the length of the combo. I also love Elentari even if it is longish.

[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] [name_f]Yvaine[/name_f] Blodeuwedd
[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] Blodeuwedd
[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] Elentari Blodeuwedd

[name_f]Love[/name_f] the description! I hope this one’s your girl. Not a fan of Blodeuwedd, though. I’m sure she’s a lovely namesake, but she’s not particularly pleasing to the eye.

I like:
[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Yvaine[/name_f]
[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] [name_f]Natasha[/name_f] [name_f]Yvaine[/name_f]
[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] Melanthe Hespera
[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] Melanthe [name_f]Yvaine[/name_f]
[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] [name_f]Natasha[/name_f] Terpsichore

I think my favourite is [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] Elentari [name_f]Yvaine[/name_f].

ETA: re-read your post. She’s not even a lovely namesake! Adulteress and would-be murderer…

Oh wonderfully delicious [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f]! That song is so perfect!

I love [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] Melanthe Blodeuwedd. I feel like Cissea and [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] give me the same feel as what you’ve described.

[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] Elentari Blodeuwedd , combined with the surname Roo has would give you Zebe, which is beyond precious and a perfect nn. ([name_m]Said[/name_m] zeebee, of course, not Zeeeb). Could totally be a moot point as I think you mentioned Husband and you choosing a new surname. This might be my favorite, as I love when initials spell a cute nn.

Your description makes me think of [name_f]Luna[/name_f] Lovegood if she were a muggle :smiley: (which personally I think is a great thing!).

I’m also not a huge fan of Blodeuwedd. Despite the lovely namesake, the actual sound of the name feels rather heavy and serious which just isn’t fitting with the description in my opinion. If you want to keep her, I would go with

[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] Cissea Blodeuwedd
[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] [name_f]Yvaine[/name_f] Blodeuwedd

Other favorites out of the names listed would be:

[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Yvaine[/name_f]
[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] [name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Daphne[/name_f]
[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] Elentari [name_f]Yvaine[/name_f]
[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] Cissea Melanthe

I particularly love [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] in this combo as she’s such a fun loving, flower child to me. There’s no such thing as an unhappy [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] in my mind.

Melanthe with [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] is just gorgeous - Melanthe even means “dark flower”, doesn’t it? I might be misremembering, but anyway, [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] Melanthe Blodeuwedd stands out to me (although I love Eimyrja, [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] deserves that little treasure, I think) from all your combinations, beautiful as they all are. [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] Blodeuwedd [name_f]Yvaine[/name_f] could be another option, although [name_f]Yvaine[/name_f] slightly darkens the name to “moonflower harvest on a starry night” rather than “flower child”. But, as I’m sure I’ve said before, you can’t go wrong with such incredible names! Can I ask, do you actively search them out, or do you remember characters from stories, myths, legends books etc.? I wish I had your seemingly effortless skill…

Oh dear, well we know how many combos I’m going to make, haha! I don’t think I can do anything with Blodeuwedd that you haven’t already, but the [name_f]Natasha[/name_f] one is my favorite of those. I think she needs that normal name in there since [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] isn’t as well known as some of your firsts and [name_f]Natasha[/name_f] is definitely spunky enough to hold her own in the fray. I also think that [name_u]Zen[/name_u]/[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] fits together well much the same way that [name_f]Cleo[/name_f]/[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] does, but only if you stick a super cool name on the end of it so I may have double standards. I also love the imagery from Melanthe in there, she’s wonderful.
I was sure I’d put [name_f]Cressida[/name_f] in all the combos but I’m really liking miss Cissea here instead so let’s see what happens. =]

[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] [name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Yvaine[/name_f]
[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] Elentari Cissea
[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] Melanthe [name_f]Natasha[/name_f]
[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] Terpsichore

[name_f]Love[/name_f] [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f], she’s definitely my favorite on your list, although [name_f]Morgana[/name_f] and Gwenllian are close seconds :slight_smile: Of the combos you made my favorite is [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] Melanthe Blodeuwedd. Melanthe is gorgeous! Personally I’m not a fan of Blodeuwedd but since you love her I have a few combo ideas with her, I don’t think you could find one that outshine the one with Melanthe though.
[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] [name_f]Melusine[/name_f] Blodeuwedd
[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] Blodeuwedd
[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] Blodeuwedd [name_f]Elaine[/name_f]
and then I second the suggestion of [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] [name_f]Yvaine[/name_f] Blodeuwedd.
As for combos that don’t include Blodeuwedd (if you’re ok with no Blodeuwedd)
[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Melusine[/name_f]
[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] Melanthe [name_f]Yvaine[/name_f]
[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] Cissea Melanthe
[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] Melanthe [name_f]Natasha[/name_f]
[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] [name_f]Natasha[/name_f] [name_f]Daphne[/name_f]
[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] [name_f]Natasha[/name_f] Eimyrja
[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] Melanthe [name_f]Titania[/name_f]

Oh, wow. Zenobia is now tied with Gwenllian for my favorite imagery. So fun! I, too, thought of Luna Lovegood in her Spectrespecs.

I’m gonna do some Blodeuwedds and some non-Blodeuwedds. I will say that it seems way heavy (soundwise) next to Zenobia. When I look at it, my brain sort of goes, “Ugh. D’s.” I’m also not terribly keen on the “appearance/look/face” meaning. Enough has been said about the negativity of the story, but wasn’t Mr. Otter rejecting namesakes who were fashioned by men?

So, Blodeuwedds:
I like Melanthe Blodeuwedd best out of your options. Natasha and Hespera are all right, but Eimyrja doesn’t do it for me (I actually love Eimyrja, just not with Blodeuwedd. Too much impossible-to-pronounce going on.)
I think Blodeuwedd needs something utterly silly and floaty and frilly to balance it out and join it to your imagery; a bright pink, spun sugar/candy floss sort of name. You don’t actually have a lot of those on this list, but Zenobia Daphne Blodeuwedd and Zenobia Cissea Blodeuwedd both fit the bill.

Sans-Blodeuwedds:
Even without the sodden-ness of Blodeuwedd, I still think Zenobia could use more silliness.

Zenobia Daphne Titania
Zenobia Hespera Melanthe
Zenobia Cissea Yvaine
Zenobia Cissea Natasha
Zenobia Cressida Natasha
Zenobia Natasha Daphne
Zenobia Elentári Eimyrja (would that make her ZEEE? That would be fun. Almost onomatopoeiaic with your imagery.)

Going back to your way-long-ago middles list:
Zenobia Daphne Ondine
Zenobia Natasha Loveday
Zenobia Cissea Melusine
Zenobia Hespera Psyche
Zenobia Giselle Oenone

ETA: Just realized I didn’t fit Terpsichore in there anywhere. I can’t seem to find a spot for it. I’ll be back later!

Yay, [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f]! She’s my favorite after [name_f]Morgana[/name_f], so I’ve been waiting for this. :slight_smile:

[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] Lyonesse
[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] [name_f]Giselle[/name_f] Terpischore
[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] Melanthe [name_f]Giselle[/name_f]
[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] Elentari [name_f]Jasmine[/name_f]
[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] [name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_u]Artemis[/name_u]
[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] Cissea
[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] [name_f]Natasha[/name_f] [name_f]Yvaine[/name_f]

If I had to pick a Blodeuwedd combo, I think the previously suggested [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] Blodeuwedd is the one I like most.

[name_m]Ah[/name_m] [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f], you have no idea how much I have been looking forward to this thread, so it was quite a pleasant surprise log on and see that you’ve jumped forward to her already :smiley: I love [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] with [name_f]Aphrodite[/name_f]. Everytime I think of [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f], I think of the underlying music for this song, and vice versa, everytime I listen to the song I think of [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] (✿◠‿◠)

I love [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] Eimyrja Blodeuwedd and [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] [name_f]Natasha[/name_f] Blodeuwedd, especially the first one which clings so well.

Some combinations:
[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] Blodeuwedd Elentári
[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] [name_f]Cressida[/name_f] Eimyrja
[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] Eimyrja Melanthe
[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] Hespera Eimyrja
[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] [name_f]Natasha[/name_f] Eimyrja

But mainly I just like the two I listed above :slight_smile:

Some suggestions:
I don’t know, I really like most of the names you’ve listed to go with [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f], so I don’t know if I can contribute with anything constructive here. I personally really like [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] with [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f], I think they flow really well. Same goes for Eyja (perhaps too close to Eimyrja?) and Undomiel.

[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] Blodeuwedd [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f]
[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] Blodeuwedd Undomiel
[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] Undomiel
[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] Eimyrja Undomiel
[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] Eyja Melanthe
[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] Eyja Terpsichore
[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] Blodeuwedd
[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] Eimyrja
[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] Melanthe

Oh so excited for this, but I cut myself cooking (stupid super sharp knife - I blame thee) and typing with 8 fingers is totally slowing me down. I shall be pondering and be back once the gauze come off my hand tomorrow.

[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] Ellisif
[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] [name_f]Melusine[/name_f] [name_f]Astrid[/name_f]
[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] Bradamante [name_f]Daphne[/name_f]
[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] Laudine [name_f]Niamh[/name_f]

I will come back with more combos.

[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] [name_f]Romilly[/name_f] [name_f]Eowyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] Byrony Valkyrie
[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] Ishtar [name_f]Alena[/name_f]
[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] [name_f]Melusine[/name_f] [name_f]Sigrid[/name_f]
[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] Innana [name_f]Callisto[/name_f]
[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] [name_f]Giselle[/name_f] Semele

Oooh replies!

tucker; your combos are all gorgeous! I like [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] [name_f]Natasha[/name_f] Melanthe and [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] Cissea Blodeuwedd in particular. Thank you so much!

mischa; thanks, I think they sound pretty great together too! You think Blodeuwedd’s heavy? It feels like putting your face into a bunch of beautiful flowers to me… I love all three of your combos, they’re gorgeous. I really like the [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] one, [name_f]Daphne[/name_f]'s so sweet and kind.

rmclay; ah, no Blodeuwedd love here either. I think it’s so breathtaking, maybe it’s a [name_u]Brit[/name_u] thing. Hmm. Well, she had faults but who doesn’t? I like the fact that she’s so associated with flowers and the hauntingly beautiful owl. Of your combos I love [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] [name_f]Natasha[/name_f] Terpsichore and [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] Melanthe Hespera. Thanks!

[name_f]Dina[/name_f]; It is perfect isn’t it? I could’ve put up something by [name_f]Florence[/name_f] + the Machine as well, but this song kind of embodies it all. With “new” surname it would be Zeble, which is pretty cute too, right? Thanks for your opinions, they’re always valued. And thanks for the nickname idea [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] again, even though you mentioned that one a long time ago.

Lonestar; haha, well, I love [name_f]Luna[/name_f] Lovegood, not a bad thing at all! [name_f]One[/name_f] more Blod hater. I don’t see it as heavy at all, so weird. [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] Elentari [name_f]Yvaine[/name_f] and [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] Cissea Melanthe are delicious! No such thing as an unhappy [name_f]Daphne[/name_f]… I think the original one was, being chased by the God [name_m]Apollo[/name_m] and turned into bay laurel to escape rape. But apart from that I agree.

Cio; Melanthe means “black”, it comes from a Greek mythological figure, a descendant of [name_m]Heracles[/name_m] and king of Athens. Oh, [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] Blodeuwedd [name_f]Yvaine[/name_f]. Moonflower harvest on starry night, wow. [name_f]Love[/name_f] this. Ehm, a bit of each? I do read a lot, but I’m also a notorious note taker. If I read a name in a book I’ll write it on a note or sometimes in my notebook, and hopefully I’ll find it again. I do have the best namebook in the world as well, which makes it easier, K.M. Sheard’s Complete Book of Names: for Pagans, Witches, Wiccans, Druids, Heathens, Mages, Shamans & Independent Thinkers of All Sort Who Are Curious About Names from [name_f]Every[/name_f] Place and [name_f]Every[/name_f] Time. It’s got a lot of my favourite names in it, but it’s missing a lot too.

[name_f]Amy[/name_f]; Yeah, I’m pretty sure there’ll be four combos awaiting me. And, behold, I was right! Your combos are all stunning, [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] Melanthe [name_f]Natasha[/name_f], [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] Elentari Cissea and [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] Terpsichore are my favourites! Thank you so much my darling!! You think she needs a “normal” name? We decided we didn’t mind, [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f]'s easy to spell and is a bit obscure, not in your face like [name_f]Dita[/name_f]'s name, so I hoped I could get away with weirdo names in the middle! Haha. Yes, [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] and [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] fits together rather perfectly, and it would be a “multi-purpose” name like [name_u]Marian[/name_u] is.

Averella; Thank you! I think that one’s rather spectacular myself, if I may say so ;). Okay, let me look at your combos. So many gorgeous ones! [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] Blodeuwedd, [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] Cissea Melanthe and [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] Melanthe [name_f]Titania[/name_f] are my favourites.

[name_f]Gwen[/name_f]; Haha, yes, she’s a bit of a [name_f]Luna[/name_f]. [name_f]Luna[/name_f]'s adorable though, so amazing. Again with the heavy, blod-ay-weth, how’s that heavy? It’s not like it’s blood. It’s short and soft. You don’t like flower face? I think that’s so cute. Mr. Otter is rejecting these things as first names. he knows how important Blodeuwedd is to me, and we kind of got together on [name_f]May[/name_f] [name_u]Day[/name_u]. [name_f]Pandora[/name_f]'s on our list for Nimue too. Utterly silly and floaty! [name_m]How[/name_m] lovely. [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] Blodeuwedd and [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] Cissea Blodeuwedd are both lovely. And more silliness… you know, I had [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] [name_f]Honey[/name_f] Hespera on my list for the longest time. [name_m]Ah[/name_m], gorgeous combos. [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Titania[/name_f], [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] Hespera Melanthe, [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] Elentari Eimyrja, [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] [name_f]Natasha[/name_f] Loveday and [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] Hespera [name_f]Psyche[/name_f] are all stunning! Thank you so much. I also like the ones with [name_f]Ondine[/name_f] and [name_f]Melusine[/name_f], but then they become all watery and less flower garden like.

Muffsie; yay for [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] love! Oh look at what you did… [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] [name_f]Giselle[/name_f] Terpsichore, [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] Melanthe [name_f]Giselle[/name_f], [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] Elentari [name_f]Jasmine[/name_f] and [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] [name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] are all amazing beauts! Thank you so very much, sweet pea!

Elja; Haha, yeah, I couldn’t wait. She’s quickly becoming my favourite. That song is lovely, a love song to København. I’ve been playing it a lot now. I’m glad you like [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] Eimyrja Blodeuwedd, I like it so very much too. All your combos are gorgeous, I love [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] Hespera Eimyrja and [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] Blodeuwedd Elentari so much. And now with added names… [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] does sound amazing with [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] (as you know I always swoon at that combo in your signature!), and it’s one of those ultimate Scandinavian names. And Undomiel is rather perfect! [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] Undomiel, [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] Eimyrja Undomiel, [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] Eyja Melanthe (how adorable is Eyja?), [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] Melanthe and [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] Blodeuwedd are all over the moon fantastic! Good job, sweetie!

[name_u]Lexie[/name_u]; oh no! Stupid meanie sharp knife. I cut myself a lot too, my hands are badly scared from cooking injuries. [name_f]Hope[/name_f] it heels well, my sweet!

Sorcie; Ooh, I like [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] [name_f]Inanna[/name_f] [name_f]Callisto[/name_f], [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] Ishtar [name_f]Alena[/name_f], [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] Ellisiv and [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] [name_f]Melusine[/name_f] [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] so much. [name_f]Melusine[/name_f] doesn’t feel right with [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] to me though, but it’s beautiful all the same. Thank you!!

[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] [name_f]Titania[/name_f] Elentári or maybe [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] Elentári [name_f]Titania[/name_f].

Here… done. You won’t even have to look at the rest. :wink:

[name_f]Ottille[/name_f]-- [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] for [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] was me! I had forgotten! They only [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] I know (and the reason I like the name now!) is called [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] by her friends. And you know how I feel about [name_f]Zoe[/name_f]! :slight_smile:

Zeble is cute too! I must say that [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] _____ is quite beautiful as well. [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] is like a breath of fresh air. I wish I had the combo gift!

Despite your lovely pronunciation guide, I find Blodeuwedd quite impossible to say. My hopelessly American brain sees “BLAHD-ew-wed” and cringes. I think the reason people find it heavy is not for the meaning or the sound, but for the visual – all those b and d consonants sort of bludgeon the untrained eye.

That being said, you have this uncanny ability to make me warm up to a name that I previously did not like at all! And [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] is the perfect example. I didn’t like her, and I didn’t want to like her, but somewhere along the line your enthusiasm for the name and your exuberantly unearthly beautiful descriptions have won me over. That’s some seriously witchy mojo you’ve got there, Twin!

[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Titania[/name_f] is my most favorite of the previously-suggested combos. So vivid and alive! [name_f]Titania[/name_f] IS the flower-bedecked [name_f]May[/name_f] [name_f]Queen[/name_f] in my mind, with a liberal splash of faerie. And [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] has the soft comfort of familiarity and the greenlit magic of dryads dancing down the springtime moon. This one really is perfection!

I also love Melanthe and Vivendel for you. Vivendel is so bubbly and lilting and vibrant, plus the honeysuckle meaning is perfect for your imagery. [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] Vivendel, [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] [name_f]Titania[/name_f] Vivendel, [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f] Vivendel, [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] [name_f]Ianthe[/name_f] Vivendel, [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] Chrysanthe Vivendel…any of the –anthe’s really. Melanthe is like liquid black gold that smells of wisteria to me, all honey-dark and fragrant. [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] Melanthe, [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] Melanthe [name_f]Titania[/name_f], [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] Melanthe Vivendel, [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] Melanthe Terpsichore…

Of course I logged out y-day just minutes before you posted the thread. I logged in and took a break in writing just to help you and, well, have fun. :wink: [name_u]Zen[/name_u] [name_f]Bee[/name_f] is beautiful and I think I love her vision slightly more than others; tea parties, jeans and happiness rock!
These came to mind immediately after I read the list:
[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] [name_f]Natasha[/name_f] Terpshicore
[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] [name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] (I realised I like reverse ending and beginning -da–[name_m]Ad[/name_m] here and a few more in my own combos)
[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] Elentari [name_f]Titania[/name_f]
[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] Hespera [name_f]Yvaine[/name_f]
Blodeuwedd and friends:
[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] Blodeuwedd Hespera
[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] Blodeuwedd [name_f]Constance[/name_f] (I think stately [name_u]Con[/name_u] balances fidget [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] out perfectly; and you love her, don’t you?)
[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] [name_f]Florence[/name_f] Blodeuwedd (too flowery or fine? If I remember right, you like [name_f]Flo[/name_f], but much enough to use or not?)
[name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] Bloudewedd [name_f]Eurydice[/name_f]

And I love your [name_u]Zen[/name_u]-[name_f]Tash[/name_f]-B-wedd combo. Also, is Freyja totally tied to [name_f]Gwen[/name_f]? She is all flowers, of course you remember she loved them very much as well as animal creatures, right? So I think they are kind of made to be friends. :slight_smile:
Also, Cissea is beautiful but there is a thing that first two syllables (cisse) sound like an awfully rude Russian word for breast. I think it’s not a big deal at all but that why I didn’t make any combos with her; sounds scares me away, so sorry.
P.S. I agree with [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] that [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f] remindes of miss [name_f]Luna[/name_f]. So wonderful!