Rachel or Raquel?

[name_f]Raquel[/name_f] is the Spanish and Portuguese form of [name_f]Rachel[/name_f]. Which version of the name do you prefer?

i prefer raquel!

[name_f]Raquel[/name_f] has always been my preferred version. I also like the similar [name_f]Raizel[/name_f] (Hebrew) though I don’t believe it’s a direct equivalent, especially since [name_f]Rachel[/name_f] is already a Hebrew name.

1 Like

[name_f]Raquel[/name_f] is really cool in my opinion :purple_heart:

I prefer [name_f]Rachel[/name_f] i think

[name_f]Rachel[/name_f] :two_hearts:

[name_f]Raquel[/name_f] is beautiful, and underused.

1 Like

Where I live, [name_f]Rachel[/name_f] was a very popular '90s name so I knew lots of Rachels growing up. I’d pick [name_f]Raquel[/name_f] because it’s far less common in my community.

[name_f]Raquel[/name_f] :slight_smile: It just feels a bit fresher than [name_f]Rachel[/name_f].

i prefer rachel

[name_f]Rachel[/name_f]!

i prefer rachel! i think something about the placement of the q in raquel makes the name look unbalanced to me.

I prefer Rachel. Raquel feels more dated to me, although both names are very tied to the 80s/90s in my mind

[name_f]Rachel[/name_f].

I really like the soft pretty sound of [name_f]Rachel[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]Rachel[/name_f]

[name_f]Raquel[/name_f]! It’s a cute old lady name for me versus [name_f]Rachel[/name_f] which hasn’t old lady status yet and is still kinda dated, it’s nice though