Rad as a nickname

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] everyone,

My maiden name is [name_m]Rad[/name_m], and I’ve always loved the idea of naming a son [name_m]Rad[/name_m] (as a nickname) but I can NOT find a long name that i like…I do NOT like [name_m]Radley[/name_m] or [name_m]Radcliffe[/name_m], and I’m neither here nor there about [name_m]Conrad[/name_m]. Does anyone have any other brilliant ideas!!! Thanks!!!

[name_m]Radford[/name_m], maybe?

No it sounds ridiculous, sorry.

What about [name_m]Radcliffe[/name_m]? I know it’s more of a last name type of name but I think it can work as a professional first for [name_m]Rad[/name_m].

Nicknames don’t have to be super obvious. Especially when there’s meaning behind it like [name_m]Rad[/name_m] has for you. What I mean is, the name you choose doesn’t necessarily have to have “rad” in it. Maybe something that starts with an R and has a D in it, like [name_m]Ryland[/name_m], [name_m]Rashad[/name_m], [name_m]Randall[/name_m], [name_m]Raymond[/name_m].
Or maybe even something like [name_m]Robert[/name_m] [name_m]Adam[/name_m] (just for the example, maybe you can find two names like this that you like) so the two names together create the nickname.
Or it doesn’t have to have anything in common with his real name. I have a friend who is still called [name_m]Chip[/name_m] because that’s what his father started calling him before he was born. His name has absolutely nothing in common with his nickname but everyone still calls him [name_m]Chip[/name_m] to this day.

[name_u]Bradley[/name_u]
[name_m]Randall[/name_m]
[name_m]Raphael[/name_m] [name_m]Declan[/name_m]
Rhydian
[name_u]Riley[/name_u] [name_m]Adam[/name_m]
[name_u]Rory[/name_u] [name_u]Aden[/name_u]

Might not be for you but you could use [name_m]Rad[/name_m] as a middle name and just call him that for a nickname?

Maybe [name_m]Roderick[/name_m], [name_m]Rudolph[/name_m], or [name_u]Bradley[/name_u]?