Rafferty and...

So my newest name crush is [name_m]Rafferty[/name_m]- I love how cheerful and fresh it is! My current dilemma is I can’t seem to find any names that could keep up with [name_m]Rafferty[/name_m] as sibling names. I think [name_m]Rafferty[/name_m] would overshadow or appear strange next to the more common names I like. The only names that I have found to make sense are other Irish surnames that I’m not crazy about and find a little too matchy ([name_m]Beckett[/name_m], [name_u]Quinn[/name_u], [name_u]Delaney[/name_u], etc.). Another one of my ideas was [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] but am not totally sold, especially since I find the pronunciation kind of confusing ([name_m]Lock[/name_m]-lin vs Lack-lin). [name_f]Do[/name_f] you like [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m]? What pronunciation would you use? Any and all suggestions would be great!

Both [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] ([name_m]Lock[/name_m]-lin for us Canadians!) and [name_m]Rafferty[/name_m] (nn [name_u]Rafe[/name_u]) are on my list and I think they work well together.

I adore [name_m]Rafferty[/name_m]! The first names that come to my mind are [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] and [name_m]Donovan[/name_m]. I like [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m], I think it’s very handsome. I’ve never heard it pronounced lack-lin. [name_m]Quentin[/name_m] is another thought.

I’d put [name_m]Dashiell[/name_m] with [name_m]Rafferty[/name_m]!

I’m also Canadian and I’ve also only heard [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] as [name_m]LOCK[/name_m]-lin, for what it’s worth. I like [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] pretty well, but I don’t think it has the liveliness that [name_m]Rafferty[/name_m] has - it’s more sedate.

[name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] is perfect

Id put something like [name_m]Grover[/name_m], [name_u]Keats[/name_u], [name_u]Yeats[/name_u], [name_m]Rhodes[/name_m], [name_m]Irving[/name_m], [name_m]Teague[/name_m], [name_m]Byron[/name_m], [name_m]Tennyson[/name_m], [name_m]Langston[/name_m] or [name_m]Lowell[/name_m] with [name_m]Rafferty[/name_m]

I agree with pp suggestions of [name_m]Rafferty[/name_m] & [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] and [name_m]Rafferty[/name_m] & [name_m]Dashiell[/name_m]. I think they’re perfectly matched.

I adore [name_m]Rafferty[/name_m], and [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m]. I think [name_m]Rafferty[/name_m] and [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] go very well together.

[name_m]Piers[/name_m]
[name_u]Pax[/name_u]
[name_u]Paxton[/name_u]
[name_u]Roan[/name_u]/[name_u]Rowan[/name_u]
[name_m]Quentin[/name_m]
[name_m]Callum[/name_m]
[name_m]Alistair[/name_m]
[name_m]Hawthorne[/name_m]
[name_m]Bodhi[/name_m]
[name_m]Wilder[/name_m]
[name_m]Bennett[/name_m]
[name_u]Calder[/name_u]
[name_m]Dashiell[/name_m]
[name_m]Soren[/name_m]
[name_u]Frost[/name_u]
[name_m]Bridger[/name_m]
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m]
[name_m]Silas[/name_m]

A lot of these might fall in the category you do not care for but I wanted to throw out some suggestions I feel goes well with [name_m]Rafferty[/name_m]. Hopefully it’s a little help.

Thanks everyone for your inputs and suggestions! I guess I was unclear in my post, but do you have any suggestions for girls as well? Thanks!!

Maebry
[name_f]Mabyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Tamsin[/name_f]
[name_f]Gemma[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilia[/name_f]
[name_f]Briar[/name_f]
[name_u]Ellery[/name_u]/[name_f]Eleri[/name_f]
[name_f]Eloise[/name_f]
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u]
[name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Annabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Adeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Madeleine[/name_f]

I like the nn for [name_m]Rafferty[/name_m] ([name_u]Rafe[/name_u]), but not a fan of [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] in any form. I’d pair it w/[name_m]Dominic[/name_m] ([name_u]Nico[/name_u]).

I have no idea where you live, berry2, but I live in [name_f]Canada[/name_f] and I can hardly even bring myself to say the name [name_m]Rafferty[/name_m]. It is unfortunately the last name of a child murderer who was convicted some time in the last few years. I know he’s far from the only one with this name, but it’s all I think about when I hear it. [name_m]Just[/name_m] something to think about…

[name_m]Rafferty[/name_m] & [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f]
[name_m]Rafferty[/name_m] & [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
[name_m]Rafferty[/name_m] & [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]
[name_m]Rafferty[/name_m] & [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_m]Rafferty[/name_m] & [name_f]Imogen[/name_f]
[name_m]Rafferty[/name_m] & [name_f]Jemima[/name_f]
[name_m]Rafferty[/name_m] & [name_f]Orla[/name_f]
[name_m]Rafferty[/name_m] & [name_f]Oona[/name_f]
[name_m]Rafferty[/name_m] & [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] ([name_f]Nola[/name_f])
[name_m]Rafferty[/name_m] & [name_f]Miranda[/name_f]
[name_m]Rafferty[/name_m] & [name_f]Philippa[/name_f]
[name_m]Rafferty[/name_m] & [name_f]Tess[/name_f]
[name_m]Rafferty[/name_m] & [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]
[name_m]Rafferty[/name_m] & [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
[name_m]Rafferty[/name_m] & [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]
[name_m]Rafferty[/name_m] & [name_f]Clio[/name_f]
?

I like
[name_m]Rafferty[/name_m] & [name_m]Rufus[/name_m]
Or
[name_m]Rafferty[/name_m] & [name_f]Cressida[/name_f]