Rafferty or Finnian

What do you think of these names? [name_m]Can[/name_m] you see them on grown men as well as little boys?
Trying to add to my “names I’d actually realistically use on a future baby” list! Most classic names have been taken by our very large family and they generally dislike ‘adventurous’ names (read as; doesn’t need to be particularly unusual to be considered “adventurous “). Although family not liking the name isn’t a deal breaker as I know it’s impossible to please everyone and most people grow to like the name as they love the person, I enjoyed having everyone compliment my first sons name and comment how lovely it was.
Would love to hear some of your names you’d “realistically” use!

Both [name_m]Rafferty[/name_m] and [name_m]Finnian[/name_m] are great! They’re friendly and fun, and interesting while sounding familiar. I slightly prefer [name_m]Rafferty[/name_m] but you can’t go wrong with either.

I love both of these, I can definitely see them on boys/men of all ages. I much prefer [name_m]Finnian[/name_m] to [name_u]Finley[/name_u]/Finn, and I love the [name_m]Raf[/name_m] nn for [name_m]Rafferty[/name_m] :slight_smile:

Both are great, though I could see [name_m]Rafferty[/name_m] leading to some head turns if what you say about your family is correct, being open minding to more unique names.

I’ll suggest:
[name_m]Rufus[/name_m]
[name_m]Ralphie[/name_m]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m]
[name_m]Barnaby[/name_m]
[name_m]Gideon[/name_m]
[name_m]Orlando[/name_m]

Both are fantastic names and would work perfectly well on grown men!

Both are wonderful! I think they’re totally usable and would wear well on any age. That said, I think [name_m]Rafferty[/name_m] would be more of a “stand out” pick, at least where I am; [name_m]Finnian[/name_m] is also really unusual here, but the similarity to [name_u]Finn[/name_u] and other [name_u]Finn[/name_u] names makes it feel more familiar. [name_f]My[/name_f] personal preference leans towards [name_m]Finnian[/name_m], but they’re both amazing!

I think they’re awesome and work for any age! I prefer [name_m]Rafferty[/name_m] since I love the sound and meaning, but [name_m]Finnian[/name_m] is also nice.

I love both but I adore the rugged [name_m]Rafferty[/name_m]

Both names are fantastic! I probably just prefer [name_m]Rafferty[/name_m], partly because I love the nicknames [name_m]Raf[/name_m]/Rafi/Rafa.

I definitely prefer [name_m]Finnian[/name_m]! I personally think it ages better than [name_m]Rafferty[/name_m], and it feels more outdoorsy to me!

I can definitely see [name_m]Rafferty[/name_m] and [name_m]Finnian[/name_m] on both a little boy and a grown man. They’re both great names! I think I slightly prefer [name_m]Finnian[/name_m] because I love the nicknames [name_u]Finn[/name_u] and [name_m]Ian[/name_m] which add some more versatility to it.