Rainbow Marianne

Rainbow is a name I loved for a little while, and I’d considered it, but decided I preferred [name_u]Rain[/name_u]. I thought that it wouldn’t work well on a person. Well, after I watched [name_m]Black[/name_m]-ish, I decided: Screw it. The character who had the name was a literal doctor. It works fine, and it’s a pretty, hippie name.

Marianne doesn’t have personal significance to me, but it contains both the ‘[name_f]Mari[/name_f]’ that I love in [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] and [name_f]Marina[/name_f], and ‘[name_f]Ann[/name_f]’. It’s a perfect combination of a name and a sound that I really like.

Speaking of: [name_f]Rainbow[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]?

([name_m]Just[/name_m] an explanation to my current favorite name, no need to reply.)

3 Likes

Sounds cute!

Also, maybe nn [name_u]Bowie[/name_u] for [name_f]Rainbow[/name_f] :blush:

1 Like

Yeah, if you can see it on an adult then go for it! [name_f]Marianne[/name_f] is a beautiful, mature choice that balances out [name_f]Rainbow[/name_f]’s bit-more-out-there vibes. [name_u]Rai[/name_u]/Ray is another cute nn choice for [name_f]Rainbow[/name_f], as well.

I personally can’t see it on an adult. Blackish is a show and does not represent reality, so that doesn’t mean that it would work in real life. She is a doctor on the show, but she also doesn’t actually exist so that’s not really saying much if that makes sense. I do like it as a middle name though!

1 Like

Rainbow [name_f]Marianne[/name_f] feels quite well balanced :),

Rainbow is cute, I love the suggestion of nn [name_u]Bowie[/name_u]! If adults can get by in life named [name_f]Tiara[/name_f] and [name_u]Domino[/name_u] (and yes, I know one of each!), then I think [name_f]Rainbow[/name_f] is fine. :slight_smile:

Rainbow [name_f]Marianne[/name_f] is lovely :slight_smile:

1 Like

Rainbow [name_f]Marianne[/name_f] is a bright and fun name! I think [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] would make it too hippie though.

I would prefer [name_f]Rainbow[/name_f] in the middle spot IMO, but [name_f]Rainbow[/name_f] nn [name_m]Bow[/name_m] is adorable.

Omg love it

Rainbow [name_f]Marianne[/name_f] is lovely!

I think it’s really lovely. I know 2 young Rainbows - and I think the name works perfectly well. I don’t see it as any different to the quite popular [name_u]River[/name_u], [name_f]Autumn[/name_f], [name_f]Summer[/name_f] etc.