Raleigh

This name is really growing on me, except I’m not sure which pronunciation I like better between [name]Ray[/name]-lee and Rah-lee. Which way do you say it? also is it better on a boy or girl? I think I prefer it for a girl. Would love to hear your thoughts :slight_smile:

[name]Raleigh[/name] is pronounced Rah-lee. I think it is weird as a name unless you’ve been to or especially come from [name]Raleigh[/name]. Otherwise, it just seems random.

I pronounce it Rah-lee, same as the name [name]Rolly[/name]. There is a character, played by [name]Bill[/name] [name]Murray[/name], on the movie “The [name]Royal[/name] Tenenbaums” by this name. He is pretty distinguished and accomplished, so I associate this name with being high-class and educated - a “[name]Ivy[/name] League” name, if you will.

I think of Sir [name]Walter[/name] [name]Raleigh[/name]. And I pronounce it rah-ley, like his name is pronounced.

Are you thinking of using this for a girl or boy? It’s definitely a masculine name, I think.

I’ve known two people with this name. [name]Both[/name] pronounced it Rah-lee and both were women. I’ve always thought of it as a girls name and would have a hard time picturing it on a boy.

I know a boy named [name]Raleigh[/name]. (Rah-[name]Lee[/name]) He goes by [name]Rollo[/name]. I like it a lot! Much prefer it for a boy however it would be cute on a girl as well.