Random Questions

Hey Berries!

I hope everyone is doing well! I have a few quick questions for you guys. First off:

What is your general opinion on [name_m]Miller[/name_m]? It’s the name of an older gentleman at my church, and I kind of had a eureka moment when I really thought about his name. Is it too old fashioned or is it cute? Maybe it’s one of those names that work on babies and old men, but nothing in between? Middle name suggestions are welcome!

I have a few middle name options for the following girl names:

• [name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_u]Snow[/name_u]
  • [name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_u]Sage[/name_u]
  • [name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_u]Dove[/name_u]
  • [name_f]Laura[/name_f] Bluebird

0 voters

• [name_f]Carrie[/name_f] [name_u]Dove[/name_u]
  • [name_f]Carrie[/name_f] Bluebird
  • [name_f]Carrie[/name_f] [name_u]Sage[/name_u]
  • [name_f]Carrie[/name_f] [name_u]Snow[/name_u]

0 voters

[name_m]Miller[/name_m] to me has always been more of a last name than a first name.

However, if you’re considering it for a first name, here are a few suggestions!
[name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_u]Noah[/name_u]
[name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m]
[name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_m]Luke[/name_m]
[name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_m]Ethan[/name_m]
[name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_u]Jace[/name_u]
[name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_m]Julian[/name_m]

1 Like

Thanks @almostactually! Really loving the sound of [name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_u]Jace[/name_u], [name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m] and [name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_m]Ethan[/name_m]!

I really like [name_m]Miller[/name_m] actually! It doesn’t feel old-fashioned to me, more like an underused member of the occupational/surname group of boy names. It’s handsome!

[name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_m]Joseph[/name_m]
[name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m]
[name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_m]Franklin[/name_m]
[name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]
[name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_m]Hugo[/name_m]
[name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_u]Everett[/name_u]
[name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m]
[name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_m]Dashiell[/name_m]

I voted [name_f]Laura[/name_f] Bluebird (wonderfully unexpected with classic [name_f]Laura[/name_f]!) and [name_f]Carrie[/name_f] [name_u]Dove[/name_u] (super soft and sweet, but spare enough not to feel cutesy).

I’m clearly enjoying the :bird: vibes today!

1 Like

Thank you @katinka! I’m loving all of your suggestions for [name_m]Miller[/name_m], especially [name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] ([name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] is one of my all time favorite boys names, but I sadly can’t use it as a fn due to an association.)

I’ve also been feeling the bird vibes! [name_f]Carrie[/name_f] honors my dad’s mom. [name_f]My[/name_f] mom’s mom loved birdwatching, so [name_f]Carrie[/name_f] [name_u]Dove[/name_u] or [name_f]Carrie[/name_f] Bluebird would honor both my grandmothers!

1 Like

That’s so lovely :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I really love the quirkiness of Bluebird, but I hesitated over whether it could sound too cutesy with a nicknamey first like [name_f]Carrie[/name_f]. One alternative that just popped into my mind is [name_f]Carrie[/name_f] Bluejay, which I think sounds quite fun. [name_u]Bird[/name_u] names are great!

1 Like

[name_f]Carrie[/name_f] Bluejay has a lovely sound! I’ll definitely explore more bird names in the future!

I love [name_u]Snow[/name_u] as a name but I cant get it out of my head that its another name for cocaine

[name_m]Miller[/name_m] sounds lovely, its one of the few surnames as a first names that I think really works

1 Like

Thank you for your insight @stavros! Definitely something to consider!

I think [name_m]Miller[/name_m] works as a first name! [name_m]Mills[/name_m] is a cute nn.

some middle suggestions:
[name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_m]Ace[/name_m]
[name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_m]Apollo[/name_m]
[name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_m]Atlas[/name_m]
[name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_u]August[/name_u]
[name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_m]Axel[/name_m]
[name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_m]Basil[/name_m]
[name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_m]Bear[/name_m]
[name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_u]Beck[/name_u]
[name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_u]Brave[/name_u]
[name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_u]Brook[/name_u]
[name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_u]Comet[/name_u]
[name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_u]Cove[/name_u]
[name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_m]Damien[/name_m]
[name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_u]Darcy[/name_u]
[name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_u]Dean[/name_u]
[name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_u]Dune[/name_u]
[name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_u]Everest[/name_u]/[name_u]Everett[/name_u]
[name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_u]Finch[/name_u]
[name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_u]Fox[/name_u]
[name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_m]Gideon[/name_m]
[name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_u]Gray[/name_u]
[name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_m]Hart[/name_m]
[name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_m]Hawk[/name_m]
[name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_u]Hayes[/name_u]
[name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_u]Jonah[/name_u]
[name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m]
[name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_u]Lennox[/name_u]
[name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_u]Maverick[/name_u]
[name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_u]Murphy[/name_u]
[name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_u]Noble[/name_u]
[name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_u]Oak[/name_u]
[name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_u]Ocean[/name_u]
[name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_u]Peregrine[/name_u]
[name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_u]Phoenix[/name_u]
[name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_u]Poet[/name_u]
[name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_u]Robin[/name_u]
[name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_u]Rowan[/name_u]
[name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_u]Rune[/name_u]
[name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_m]Thane[/name_m]
[name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_m]Truett[/name_m]
[name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_m]Wesley[/name_m]
[name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_u]Wild[/name_u]
[name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_u]Wolf[/name_u]
[name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_m]Zane[/name_m]

I’m personally not a huge fan of [name_f]Laura[/name_f], but I looove all of your combo options!!! [name_f]My[/name_f] favorites are [name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f], [name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_u]Snow[/name_u], and [name_f]Laura[/name_f] Bluebird.
For [name_f]Carrie[/name_f], I love [name_f]Carrie[/name_f] [name_u]Dove[/name_u] and [name_f]Carrie[/name_f] Bluebird!

1 Like

Oh my goodness @regionlatbest! Loving all of your suggestions! Thank you so much! I especially love [name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_u]Brook[/name_u], [name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_u]Cove[/name_u], [name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] and [name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_u]Rune[/name_u]!

So glad you like some of my combos for [name_f]Laura[/name_f]! She definitely needs a more modern middle!

1 Like

@MG1257 I’m so glad you liked them!! and yes, I’ve known so many Lauras that the name feels slightly dated and like it has lost its charm. but you’ve definitely gotten me liking it a lot more with your combos, they’re beautiful!

1 Like

I actually plan on using [name_m]Miller[/name_m] or [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] ([name_f]Millee[/name_f]) to honor my mom’s maiden name. (Not any time soon) I love it as a first name but maybe I’m biased because it symbolizes something to me.:joy:

Here’s a few middle names from my list

[name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_u]Jude[/name_u]
[name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_m]Felix[/name_m] ([name_m]Felix[/name_m] is also an honor name but not my fav)
[name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_u]Tate[/name_u]
[name_m]Miller[/name_m] Johnn (Hn)
[name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_m]Pierce[/name_m]/[name_m]Pierson[/name_m]
[name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_u]Elias[/name_u]
[name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_m]Foster[/name_m] (Hn)
[name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_m]Hugh[/name_m] (Hn)
[name_m]Miller[/name_m] Bryt (Hn)
[name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_u]Elliott[/name_u]
[name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_m]Wes[/name_m]

1 Like

Thank you @EmaleeAnna! I’m totally in love with [name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_u]Elias[/name_u] and [name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_u]Tate[/name_u]! Very dashing!

I love [name_m]Miller[/name_m]! I’m a big fan of underused occupational names in general. [name_m]Miller[/name_m] is sweet and handsome and I can definitely see it aging well. A few combos I like are [name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u], [name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_u]Jude[/name_u], [name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_m]Otis[/name_m], [name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_u]August[/name_u], [name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_m]Leopold[/name_m], [name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] and [name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_m]Grant[/name_m].

1 Like

Thank you @ashley_rose! [name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] and [name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_m]Grant[/name_m] are definitely going on my list of options!

1 Like

[name_m]Miller[/name_m] is great actually! It’s the sort of name I wouldn’t choose myself but would love to see someone else use. No negative associations, and it feels like a great alternative to popular occupational/surname names like [name_u]Carter[/name_u], [name_u]Mason[/name_u], [name_u]Tyler[/name_u], etc.

[name_f]My[/name_f] votes: [name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_u]Sage[/name_u] & [name_f]Carrie[/name_f] [name_u]Dove[/name_u], which sound like perfect sister names if you don’t mind the [name_m]Little[/name_m] House association. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you @elanorelle! I’ve been trying to decide if the [name_m]Little[/name_m] House association is too much, but I think I might really like them together! Thank you for your input!

1 Like

[name_m]Miller[/name_m] feels fresh and as if it could fit with the surnames as first name trend

[name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_u]Phoenix[/name_u]
[name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_u]Jude[/name_u]
[name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_m]Judson[/name_m]
[name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_m]Franklin[/name_m]
[name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_m]Reuben[/name_m]
[name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_u]Rory[/name_u]
[name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_m]Hawthorn[/name_m]
[name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]
[name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_m]Silas[/name_m]

[name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_u]Snow[/name_u] and [name_f]Carrie[/name_f] [name_u]Dove[/name_u] are delightful

1 Like

[name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] and [name_m]Miller[/name_m] [name_m]Hawthorn[/name_m] are so cool! Thank you @Greyblue!