4. Victoria
  5. Alexandria
  6. Aurelia
  7. Adelaide/Ada
  8. Beatrix
  9. Mabel
  10. Lucia

From Best to Worst:

Beatrix- [name_f]My[/name_f] current favorite name! The X adds spice, it’s uncommon, and has loads of awesome nicknames! [name_f]Bea[/name_f], [name_f]Trixie[/name_f], [name_u]Kit[/name_u]… I love it!

Victoria- Much more refined, I’ve always liked [name_f]Victoria[/name_f]. It’s rather ruffly but in a good way!

Adelaide- Very refined and french feeling, [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] would still be cute on a young kid!

Scarlett- with spice and spunk, this bright-red name has tons of personality!

Alexandria- A more subdued choice than the above, it’s a name that I don’t mind but don’t particularly like. I can’t really picture it on a kid.

Eleonora- This name just feels sweaty to me! A flushed pink color in my mind, I feel like I could like it but just don’t

Helena- another one I couldn’t picture on a kid.

Lucia- This is a name I don’t really like. Too wishy-washy and fluid.

Mabel- Definitely a moth-ball name to me. I like names like [name_f]Harriet[/name_f], but this one I would definitely classify as Old [name_f]Lady[/name_f]

Aurelia- While I used to be obsessed with [name_f]Aurelie[/name_f], [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] feels very regal but just has something about the sound that I don’t like- the R is too menacing in the spot, as it’s otherwise similar to [name_f]Amelia[/name_f], I suppose.

1 Like

There are a few names on here ([name_f]Helena[/name_f], [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f], and [name_f]Lucia[/name_f]) whose positions would change based on how you’re pronouncing them so bear that in mind!

1. Scarlett- these top 3 could easily switch around depending on the day. I love the name [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f], and it would be much higher on my own list if the popularity wasn’t an issue. I love how the name is vintage but doesn’t sound old or frumpy at all. It’s sassy, spunky, and modern
  2. Mabel- in terms of names on your list that I would use in real life, this is probably the most likely. I think it’s so classy and pretty, yet has spunk thanks to the character on [name_f]Gravity[/name_f] Falls. The name has honestly never sounded frumpy to me despite being a vintage name (I saw it along the same lines as [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] or [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] when I first heard it as a kid) but I think [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] Pines definitely gives it a definitively youthful glow!
  3. Lucia- this would go here pronounced loo-SEE-uh. With that pronunciation, the name is soft and playful but has an extra flair of femininity that [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] on its own lacks. I love the spunky nickname [name_u]Lux[/name_u] as a potential shortened version of this. The meaning is gorgeous, the sound is mainstream but not common. I just think it’s gorgeous. Pronounced loo-CHEE-uh, I’d still rank this in the top 5. Pronounced LOO-shuh, it’s a bit lower (around #8) because I think that pronunciation takes away some of the softness and airiness that the others have.
  4. Helena- this goes here pronounced he-LAY-na. I’ve recently fallen in love with [name_f]Helena[/name_f] using that pronunciation because I think it adds a fresh spin on the popular [name_f]Elaina[/name_f]. It’s still spunky but has a bit of a vintage flair that I find endearing. Pronounced HELL-en-uh, I’d rank it around number 7. I still think it’s prettier than [name_f]Helen[/name_f] but it doesn’t sparkle for me as much.
  5. Aurelia- this goes here pronounced aw-RAY-lee-uh. The first syllable is a little wonky to spell out, but the gist is that the “re” is pronounced “ray”, not “ree” or “reh”. [name_m]Just[/name_m] like [name_f]Helena[/name_f], I fell in love with this name after hearing my preferred pronunciation. It sounds a lot like a fantasy princess but has spunk as well with the funky “aur” beginning. With the “[name_f]Ree[/name_f]” pronunciation, I’d put this around number 6 or 7. With “rell”, I’d rank it around 7 or 8 because that pronunciation reminds me of the word “oral” too much.
  6. Adelaide- despite being in the second half of the list, we’re still dealing with names I rather like! I think this is a wonderful update to the [name_f]Adalynn[/name_f] trend, while still remaining pleasantly vintage, and maybe even a little medieval. [name_f]Ada[/name_f] is sweet but I actually prefer [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] in full.
  7. Beatrix- I think this is so much spunkier than [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f], and I really like it. The name feels upbeat, while still retaining class and poise, which is a really nice combination. While I wouldn’t use it myself, this name does make me happy.
  8. Alexandria- I’m a little bored of the [name_u]Alex[/name_u]- names but this is my favorite of the bunch! [name_f]My[/name_f] worry would be that this name will automatically be shortened. I can’t see people using all five syllables all the time, when easy nicknames are available. I really like Dria or [name_f]Ria[/name_f] from this one to keep it more uncommon!
  9. Eleonora- I still like this one, even though it’s number 9 for me. I find it a bit too over the top for my own personal tastes, and I don’t know how much it would actually stand out from [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]. I do think it has the same qualities as [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] though.
  10. Victoria- I’m not a huge fan of [name_f]Victoria[/name_f]. I grew up with a lot of girls named [name_f]Tori[/name_f] or [name_f]Vicki[/name_f] so the name doesn’t do much for me, especially compared to your other names. It’s still regal and pretty, just sort of meh.
1 Like
  1. [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] - This is so bright and ethereal! I love that it means “golden”, and it just has the prettiest sound!
  2. [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] - A classic that really packs a punch! So beautiful!
  3. [name_f]Helena[/name_f] - [name_m]Just[/name_m] a beautiful name!
  4. [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] - A beautiful, beautiful name, I just worry about the “[name_f]Victoria[/name_f]'s [name_f]Secret[/name_f]” association.
  5. [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] - I don’t know how you are pronouncing this, but I really like it both ways!
  6. [name_f]Mable[/name_f] - At first I saw this as an old lady name, but it’s really starting to grow on me! It sounds sweet and laid back!
  7. [name_f]Alexandria[/name_f] - Too long for my liking, but still a great name!
  8. [name_f]Eleanora[/name_f] - I don’t care for this one. I don’t like [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], so it’s the same with this.
  9. [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] - Always sounded really harsh to me. I don’t like that it starts with “scar”.
  10. [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] - Unlike the rest of nameberry, I don’t care for [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] or [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]. They just don’t sound pretty or appealing to me.
1 Like

I’m going to add ratings now:
[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] 10/10
[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] 10/10
[name_f]Helena[/name_f] 9/10
[name_f]Victoria[/name_f] 8.5/10
[name_f]Lucia[/name_f] 8/10
[name_f]Mable[/name_f] 7/10
[name_f]Alexandria[/name_f] 6/10
[name_f]Eleanora[/name_f] 3/10
[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] 2/10
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] 2/10

1 Like
  1. Beatrix 9.5/10
  2. Ada 8.5/10
  3. Aurelia 7.5/10
  4. Helena 7.5/10
  5. Mabel 7/10 - would put it higher, but I don’t think it ages well. The singer has also put quite a damper on the name for me
  6. Adelaide 7/10
  7. Lucia 6.5/10 - with the loo-see-uh pronunciation. With either of the others I’d give it a 2/10
  8. Eleanora 6/10
  9. Victoria 6/10 - I would put it higher if not for the popularity
  10. Alexandria 2/10 - just not a fan, no particular reason. Sorry!
  11. Scarlett 0/10 - just not a fan, no particular reason. Sorry!
1 Like

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

Here are my favorite to least favorite-

1. [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]-This name is just perfect. It’s vintage, fun, spunky, smart, cheerful, unique yet still recognizable & grows up well. Plus great nns of [name_f]Bea[/name_f], [name_f]Bess[/name_f], [name_f]Bette[/name_f], [name_f]Betty[/name_f] & [name_f]Trixie[/name_f].

2. [name_f]Eleanora[/name_f]-This is fancy yet bold. Feminine & strong. It’s also recognizable yet not terribly over done & grows up well! Plus, more great nn potential here. I love [name_f]Ellie[/name_f], [name_f]Ella[/name_f], [name_f]Nellie[/name_f] & [name_f]Nora[/name_f].

3. [name_f]Mabel[/name_f]-This is just sweet & down to earth sounding. It’s simple yet recognizable as well. [name_m]Just[/name_m] hard not to picture on a nice girl.

4. [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]-Both & beautiful. Maybe getting a tad more popular, but not too bad.

5. [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]/Ada-I like these separately. [name_f]Ada[/name_f] a bit more. It kind of gives me a similar vibe to [name_f]Mabel[/name_f]. [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] is a little more posh, but also has a little girl skipping through a meadow in a white [name_f]Easter[/name_f] dress vibe. I think that ‘[name_f]Addie[/name_f]’ is quite over done unfortunately.

6. I may have ranked this higher than [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f], but the pronunciation issue is what holds me back. I adore Loo-see-uh, but Loo-che-uh & Loo-sha aren’t nearly as pretty in my opinion. And I think all three ways are equally used, so it would just get annoying.

7. [name_f]Alexandria[/name_f]-This is nice. It’s just a little bit long, & the nns are nms.

8. [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]-Not my super favorite, but fine. A little too dark sounding.

9. [name_f]Victoria[/name_f]-This doesn’t do much for me. A bit too regal, but it’s not awful.

10. I’m at the last one, & it’s still not that bad. I think the two pronunciations is a turn off again. And I just don’t like the ‘hell’ part. But I do love the potential of [name_f]Nellie[/name_f]!

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m going to rate them instead, because your list is so beautiful, I think I’d have a difficult time ranking them!

[name_f]Helena[/name_f] - 8/10. this is the name of one of my favorite songs, so it holds a special place in my heart. I think [name_f]Helena[/name_f] looks and sounds beautiful, and I love nn [name_f]Nell[/name_f]!
[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] - 10/10. this name is so beautiful, it makes me smile every time I hear it. I like that it’s timeless and modern at the same time, spunky and cool, and also literary. It’s got great nickname options too ([name_u]Scout[/name_u], Scar, [name_u]Arlo[/name_u], [name_f]Lettie[/name_f], [name_f]Ettie[/name_f]/Etta!)
[name_f]Eleonora[/name_f] - 9/10. This is a beautiful, classic name. I like that it has so many nickname possible, to fit whatever kind of person the name wearer is. I personally prefer the softness of [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], so that’s why it isnt a 10!
[name_f]Victoria[/name_f] - 4/10. I’m sorry, I’ve never been a fan of [name_f]Victoria[/name_f]. I grew up with so many of them, the name just doesn’t feel special anymore. It has a nice sound though.
[name_f]Alexandria[/name_f] - 6/10. I like the library connection, and the nn [name_u]Alex[/name_u], but that’s really it. I think it’s a pretty name, but like [name_f]Victoria[/name_f], it personally feels too overused. I’m also not a fan of the other popular nicknames ([name_u]Lexie[/name_u], [name_f]Alexa[/name_f], etc), they sound slightly dated to me.
[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] - 9/10. beautiful, golden, sweet. This is one of the prettiest names I can think of. I love that it sounds straight out of a fantasy novel!
[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]/Ada - 8/10. I’ve loved [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] for so many years, the sound of it is just so unique and pretty. I like sweet [name_f]Ada[/name_f] too. [name_f]My[/name_f] only concern is the nickname [name_f]Addie[/name_f], which I’m not a fan of.
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] - 10/10. love this mame! it’s beautiful, magical, sweet and spunky. It’s such a happy name! nn [name_f]Bea[/name_f] is so adorable too!
[name_f]Mabel[/name_f] - 10/10. one of my absolute favorite names. It’s sweet, spunky, quirky, fun, warm, and adventurous. like a little girl who loves to read books, talk to animals, and explore forests!
[name_f]Lucia[/name_f] - 7/10. this one seems like it may have pronunciation issues, because there are a few ways to pronounce it. in order, my favorite pronunciations are loo-see-uh, loo-shuh, and loo-chee-uh. It’s beautiful though, it’s just not my favorite “[name_m]Luc[/name_m]-” name.

[name_f]My[/name_f] top three favorites are [name_f]Mabel[/name_f], [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f], and [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] :slight_smile:

1 Like
  1. Lucia
  2. Beatrix
  3. Alexandria
  4. Adelaide
  5. Aurelia
  6. Helena
  7. Eleanora
  8. Victoria
  9. Mabel
  10. Scarlett
1 Like

[name_f]Helena[/name_f] - an okay name to me. I don’t dislike it, the only [name_f]Helena[/name_f] I have known was a middle aged lady. It also gives me a funky boho vibe like [name_f]Helena[/name_f] Christensen 6/10

[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] - I like [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f], perhaps not as much as I used to but I think it’s a nice name. In saying that, it does bother me that it rhymes with harlot, as I can imagine kids using that to be cruel. 7/10

[name_f]Eleonora[/name_f] - I’m not sure why, because I do really like [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], but I just can’t get into this one. Something about the position of the o’s for me I think visually. 4/10

[name_f]Victoria[/name_f] - I like [name_f]Victoria[/name_f], but personally not the nicknames typically associated with it. If I used this name I would want my daughter to only go by [name_f]Victoria[/name_f], which may be too difficult. 6/10

[name_f]Alexandria[/name_f] - I really like this name and would use for a middle. It feels a bit extra and regal compared to [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f], even though just one letter difference. Similar to the feel of [name_f]Alexandrina[/name_f] as well. 8/10

[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] - I do like this name, but it makes me think of the movie [name_u]Love[/name_u] Actually as that was the first place I heard it many years ago! It is a beautiful name though 7/10

[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]/Ada - I can see the appeal of these names but I’m not a fan personally. [name_f]Ada[/name_f] feels unfinished to me a little bit. 5/10

[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] - love this name, wish my husband liked it as much as I do. 9/10

[name_f]Mabel[/name_f] - I think it’s cute, but I wouldn’t use it myself. 6/10

[name_f]Lucia[/name_f] - I like [name_f]Lucia[/name_f], but prefer [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] personally. 7/10

Overall, lots of lovely choices!

1 Like

I’ll rate them out of 10

1. Helena - 7
  2. Scarlett -7
  3. Eleonora -8
  4. Victoria-6
  5. Alexandria-5
  6. Aurelia-9
  7. Adelaide/Ada-10
  8. Beatrix-10
  9. Mabel-10
  10. Lucia -8
1 Like

Too difficult to rank them because I like all of them. I don’t have much reason other than sound

Alexandria 10/10
[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] 10/10
[name_f]Victoria[/name_f] 10/10 - I initially wasn’t a fan of the potential nicknames but I saw someone say [name_f]Cora[/name_f] for nn and even if it’s not intuitive, I love it now!
[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] 9/10
[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]/Ada 8.5/10 - nn [name_f]Addie[/name_f] is ok but not my favorite. I also slightly prefer [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] but still think [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] and [name_f]Ada[/name_f] are great!
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] 7/10
[name_f]Helena[/name_f] 7/10
[name_f]Mabel[/name_f] 6/10
[name_f]Lucia[/name_f] 6/10 - prefer [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] but [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] is still a good and pretty name
[name_f]Elenora[/name_f] 5/10

1 Like

This is a tough one! There’s not much in a lot of these for me.

1. Beatrix - [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] fits my style perfectly and I strongly considered it for my youngest. I’m sure it’ll be a top runner again in the future if we have any more girls. It’s classic and spunky.

2. Lucia - I toyed with placing this lower down in my list because of the many pronunciations but I just adore it. I like both the Loo-See-[name_m]Ah[/name_m] and Loo-Chee-[name_m]Ah[/name_m] pronunciations but not the Loo-Sha. It’s just a beautiful name.

3. Mabel - [name_u]Love[/name_u]! Another I strongly considered for my youngest and probably will in the future too.

4. Eleonora - I know it’s a frilly but I prefer this to [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] although I love that too. It was also on my list for DD2. [name_f]Nora[/name_f] is an adorable nickname.

5. Adelaide/Ada - [name_u]Love[/name_u] the nickname [name_f]Ada[/name_f] and really like [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]. It is a name I’m growing to like more and more.

6. Helena - I’ve always loved [name_f]Helena[/name_f] . I do prefer [name_f]Elena[/name_f] however and also considered it for my youngest.

7. Aurelia - I love both the sound and look of [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]. It’s really grown on me over the past few years. I used to have it suggested to me as an alternative to [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] and I love [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] so much that I never gave it the attention it deserves. Out of the two, I’d still choose [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] but I do love [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f].

8. Scarlett - [name_f]Lovely[/name_f] name but not sure I’ve use it myself especially as I’ve already used my favourite -let name for my oldest.

9. Victoria - Such a classic but not one I’d personally use. It just doesn’t excite me.

10. Alexandria - Same as 9 really, just not a name I’d personally use.

1 Like

Helena - Not my style, also seems a bit “old lady” to me but it could definitely work on a baby. 4/10
[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] - I like it, it’s pretty popular where I live but that’s not something that would bother me. 9/10
[name_f]Eleonora[/name_f] - I don’t like this name at all, sorry. It looks like a mashup of [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] & [name_f]Nora[/name_f] which isn’t usually something I like. 1/10
[name_f]Victoria[/name_f] - It’s okay, I wouldn’t use it myself because I don’t like the nicknames [name_f]Vicky[/name_f] or [name_f]Tory[/name_f], but there’s nothing actually wrong with it. 6/10
[name_f]Alexandria[/name_f] - I like [name_f]Alexandria[/name_f] but I feel like a most people are more familiar with [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] which could cause problems. 7/10
[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] - [name_u]Love[/name_u] love love [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f], but it’s more of a guilty pleasure to me than a name for a person. 9/10
[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]/Ada - I slightly prefer [name_f]Ada[/name_f] to [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f], but I love both. With your other names I’d probably be inclined to use [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] and have [name_f]Ada[/name_f] as a nickname. 10/10
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] - I don’t like it, it makes me think of either [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] or beetroots. They’re not particularly bad associations, but they’re not good either. 3/10
[name_f]Mabel[/name_f] - [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] is lovely, but I think it’s one of those names that makes you imagine a very specific person. I really can’t see [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] on a sporty person, for example. It sounds like a name for a doll to me. 7/10
[name_f]Lucia[/name_f] - I quite like [name_f]Lucia[/name_f], but it doesn’t really seem to fit with your other names. I’ve also seen a lot of different pronunciations which might cause problems. 8/10

1 Like
  1. Adelaide/Ada : [name_f]Ada[/name_f] is one of, if not my very favorite, names for a little girl right now. I just love how it sounds and how it’s simple and beautiful at the same time. [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] I only know how to pronounce in Spanish, (add-uh-lye-duh), which I love, but idk how it’d be pronounced in [name_f]English[/name_f].

2. Alexandria : Another of my top favorites, but it’s a little long and maybe too regal sounding for me. I like [name_f]Alexia[/name_f] better; it’s a little spunkier, but [name_f]Alexandria[/name_f] is still beautiful.

3. Helena : This name has been seriously growing on me due to it being a family name of my bf. I prefer [name_f]Elena[/name_f], pronounced in Spanish, but [name_f]Helena[/name_f] is starting to sound like a perfectly lovely name as well. I would call her [name_f]Lena[/name_f], which would undoubtedly be pronounced [name_f]Lynna[/name_f] by my half of the family haha. Sounds simple, sweet, wholesome.

4. Victoria : I just think this is a pretty name. I like the sounds in it, and I like the strong meaning. Only downside is it’s a little less unique.

5. Scarlett : [name_m]How[/name_m] can you get more adorable than [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]? I admit I preferred [name_f]Crimson[/name_f] for a bit, but that’s a little more outside the box, and [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] is just oh so sweet.

6. Lucia : I would prefer [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] or [name_f]Lucille[/name_f], but I think that all the long forms of [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] are cute. I’m not quite sure which syllable to stress in [name_f]Lucia[/name_f], though. I’d like (lu SEE uh) but not so much (LU sha).

7. Mabel : Growing up, this was the name of a great-aunt I never met, and I associated it with an older generation. Totally shocked myself by ranking it before three other names, but it just struck me as fresh and adorable. I think [name_f]Mabel[/name_f]’s ready for a comeback.

8. Eleonora : I would much prefer [name_f]Elenora[/name_f]. I just think the extra syllable is too much. I do like most of the [name_f]Elle[/name_f] names though.

9. Beatrix : I’d prefer [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]. The x makes this one a little harder to pronounce, I think. And you’d probably always be correcting people, like “No, it’s BeatriX”. With a difficult to pronounce name myself, I can imagine it’d be hard to emphasize the X, say in a loud room. But it’s whimsical and sunny, so I totally see the appeal!

10. Aurelia : This one’s hard to pronounce, in my opinion. I’m not sure how to say it, and I think it’s too many vowels and softer consonants for my liking.

1 Like

Love:
[name_f]Victoria[/name_f]
[name_f]Helena[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucia[/name_f]

These are all gorgeous choices, elegant but not overwrought, pretty and feminine but also strong. [name_m]Can[/name_m]’t go wrong here, in my opinion! I think [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] is my ultimate favorite on your list.

Like:
[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]/Ada: a pair of pretty yet solid choices. I prefer [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] overall.
[name_f]Eleonora[/name_f]–this is one that I like but I like other variations better, I prefer [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] and [name_f]Nora[/name_f] and personally [name_f]Eleonora[/name_f], while decent, feels a little overly elaborate compared to the simpler but also very nice versions. [name_m]Just[/name_m] personal opinion!
[name_f]Alexandria[/name_f]: Same here, it’s nice enough but I prefer the more streamlined [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f].
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]: a similar situation, I much prefer the softer-sounding [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] but I can see the appeal.
[name_f]Mabel[/name_f]: A nice choice, offbeat and cute but not too cutesy.

Dislike:
[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]–I’ve never cared for this name, although I like [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]. It isn’t a sound issue, it’s just that it feels sort of in-your-face and tacky in a way I don’t care for.

1 Like

I added how I say some names because I think they have a variety of pronunciations…

9/10 - [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] (bee-uh-trix) I think this name is stunning. Vintage but modern with the x, plus it’s literary, elegant yet still feisty and I love the nn [name_f]Bee[/name_f]

8/10 - [name_f]Alexandria[/name_f] (alex-ahn-dree-uh) beautiful and with loads of fresh nicknames. A little edgier than [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] yet still wearable

8/10 - [name_f]Eleonora[/name_f] (ellie-uh-nora) Again a beautiful name with lots of nickname potential. I particularly love the nn [name_f]Elle[/name_f]. The reason it’s lower than [name_f]Alexandria[/name_f] is because I prefer it as a middle name

7/10 - [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] (aw-ray-lee-uh) stunning and whimsical, gives me princess vibes but the nn [name_u]Rae[/name_u] means it can still be feisty and fun! A little too close to my own name however

6/10 - [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] - I like the vintage charm but it’s a little harsh sounding with all its consonants imo

5.5/10 - [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]/Ada (adder-laid/ay-duh) both pretty names but I just see ‘adder’ unfortunately. The namesake [name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_u]Lovelace[/name_u] is gorgeous though

5/10 - [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] - too associated with [name_f]Queen[/name_f] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] where I live and it’s too similar to my name but I’d use it as a middle spot

5/10 - [name_f]Helena[/name_f] (helen-uh) I like it but I can’t get over the ‘hell’ part. Nevertheless I would use it as a middle name with a more modern first name

4/10 - [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] - doesn’t do a lot for me I’m afraid but I love vintage nn [name_f]Lettie[/name_f]

3/10 - [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] (loo-chee-uh) I have bad associations with this name so I prefer just [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]

As a whole, your list is very pretty!

1 Like

I had trouble rating them since they all are unique in their own way, but I ranked them below from - very nice names!!

1. Victoria: classic, royal sounding name that has stood the test of time. It is perfect for a character or child because there are so many nicknames ([name_u]Vic[/name_u], [name_f]Tori[/name_f], [name_f]Vicky[/name_f]) while still having a strong, likable full name
  2. Lucia (loo-see-a): it is a very pretty name, with a cute nickname ([name_f]Lucy[/name_f]) as an option. Very light and feminine and sweet in my opinion, only downside is the person will probably always have to correct people on how to pronounce it
  3. Alexandria: a very, very common name but overall strong and elegant. Many nicknames to choose from ([name_u]Alex[/name_u], [name_u]Lexi[/name_u], [name_f]Ally[/name_f]) that allows the person to really make it their own
  4. Eleonora (el-a-nora): this is an older name that (to me) would stick out as being of a different generation but it has a formal, ladylike quality to it that makes it nice sounding. You could modernize it by going by the nicknames [name_f]Ellie[/name_f], [name_f]Elle[/name_f], [name_f]Ella[/name_f], or [name_f]Nora[/name_f]
  5. Helena: I’ve heard this said like “[name_f]Helen[/name_f]-ah” and “He-lay-na” either version is fine to me. A twist on the old fashioned “[name_f]Helen[/name_f]” name
  6. Adelaide/Ada
  7. Aurelia: this is a very pretty name
  8. Beatrix: for some reason the x at the end just reminds me of [name_f]Bellatrix[/name_f] Lestrange from [name_u]Harry[/name_u] [name_m]Potter[/name_m], but [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] would soften it. Overall the name would give way to [name_f]Bea[/name_f] (soft, sweet) and [name_f]Trixie[/name_f] (edgy, more sassy) so I do like the versatility
  9. Scarlett: A nice name but I think I’m reminded too much of [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] from Gone with the Wind and [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] Johansson
  10. Mabel: The meaning of this name (lovable) is so sweet and the way it rolls off my tongue is nice, but as a whole I think the name sounds very vintage and old fashioned - not a bad thing at all! But definitely stands out
1 Like
  1. Victoria
    One of my all time favorite names. A classic! Too bad I hate the nn “[name_f]Vicky[/name_f]”.

2. Eleonora
    I’m constantly bouncing between [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], [name_f]Eleanora[/name_f], and [name_f]Lenore[/name_f]. I can’t decide which one I like best.

3. Mabel
    Very sweet! Old fashioned but it perfectly suits a little girl/teenager/adult. This name has timeless style.

4. Helena
    A lot more modern than [name_f]Helen[/name_f]. Prettier too! I have good associations with this name, so that helps.

5. Aurelia
    On it’s own, and at face value, it’s not really my style. But I love the nickname “[name_f]Goldie[/name_f]”. [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] sounds like a princess, but at the same time has it’s scientific “elements” (Ha! Get it?).

6. Lucia
    This is also a very pretty name! This far down the list and still no complaints. Would you call her [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] or [name_f]Lucia[/name_f]? I love that it means light.

7. Beatrix
    I prefer [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]! But I think the “x” sounds and looks beautiful too. I will say it sounds stronger than the soft-sounding [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f].

8. Adelaide/Ada
    For some reason I just prefer [name_u]Addison[/name_u]. It must be something about the “laide”. [name_u]Addison[/name_u] I would use without a nickname. [name_f]Ada[/name_f]/Addie just don’t strike any chords with me.

9. Alexandria
    I watched [name_u]America[/name_u]’s Next Top Model with my mother… That was enough to seal the fate of [name_f]Alexandria[/name_f]. I just don’t like it very much. Personally I would go with [name_u]Alexis[/name_u].

10. Scarlett
    I knew a girl in high school named [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] and it did not suit her. She only answered to [name_f]Claire[/name_f] (her middle name, I assume). In my opinion, it’s not the most wearable name. I’m on board with it as a middle name, thought! It does have a very nice sound But I think it would take quite a character to pull it off.

All beautiful names! I feel bad putting [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] and [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] so far down.

1 Like
  1. Victoria - 9/10 - [name_f]My[/name_f] favorite name for a girl, but the popularity where I live holds me back. I love the sound, the meaning, the length. It’s regal and classic!
  2. Scarlett - 9/10 - beautiful, colorful, elegant, distinct
  3. Eleonora - 9/10 - unexpected, charming, stunning
  4. Beatrix - 8/10 - gentle, distinct, fun
  5. Helena - 7/10 - bright, calm and timeless
  6. Alexandria - 7/10 - Fresh, powerful, romantic
  7. Lucia - 6/10 - brilliant, melodic and tranquil
  8. Mabel - 6/10 - adorable, traditional and gorgeous meaning
  9. Adelaide/Ada - 4/10 - [name_f]Ada[/name_f] is lovely, but I don’t care about [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]. I don’t like the sound of this name. I prefer the sweet [name_f]Adele[/name_f]. [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] and [name_f]Adelia[/name_f] would be nice too.
  10. Aurelia - 4/10 - I love [name_f]Aurora[/name_f], but [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] doesn’t attract me. I find the ending “relia” quite heavy and harsh. It’s too old-fashioned for me. I prefer [name_f]Aura[/name_f], [name_f]Aurea[/name_f] or [name_f]Aurora[/name_f].
1 Like