[name_f]Sophia[/name_f]
[name_f]Elle[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f]
[name_f]Colette[/name_f]
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f]
[name_f]Greta[/name_f]
[name_f]Lila[/name_f] / [name_f]Lyla[/name_f]
[name_f]Gemma[/name_f]

1. [name_f]Stella[/name_f] - favourite. Sleek, chic and sophisticated with just the right amount of vim and playfulness from the celestial meaning. Has just the right amount of familiarity from that -ella sound but has a distinct edge from other more common -ella options eg bella, [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] which are imo done to death. [name_f]Every[/name_f] [name_f]Stella[/name_f] I’ve met has been very poised and stylish but also with a fun and sparkly personality so has good associations for me. Strides the balance between old timey and modern well and would suit all ages. Everyone knows how to say and spell but it’s not super common. Ticks all boxes.

2. [name_f]Greta[/name_f] - close second. Has a Eastern European model vibe for me. Cool and easy to wear.

3. [name_f]Margot[/name_f] / [name_f]Margaux[/name_f] - used to be on my list, fell out of favour for me but I still see the appeal. Shares a smart and tailored feel with [name_f]Stella[/name_f].

4. [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] - not my thing but points for the 1950s glamour vibe.

5. [name_f]Colette[/name_f] - not my thing but points for the [name_u]French[/name_u] chic vibes. Shares the sleek and tailored thing consistent with some of your other options but is a bit softer.

6. [name_f]Elle[/name_f] - not my thing but sleek and simple. Feels a bit nothing-y to me.

7. [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] - done to death and far too popular but beautiful sounds nonetheless.

8. [name_f]Lila[/name_f] / [name_f]Lyla[/name_f] - I’m over this type of name now, feels indistinct in a sea of similar - [name_f]Lily[/name_f], [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] etc.

9. [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] - just way too common. [name_f]Every[/name_f] other little girl I meet seems to possess this name either as a first or middle. Also don’t like the medical-sounding thing.

10. [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] - absolutely do not get this. Very dated in the UK.

1 Like

fav to least fav

1. audrey
  2. amelia
  3. lila/lyla (I actually prefer the spelling lilah!)
  4. elle
  5. stella
  6. sophia
  7. colette
  8. gemma
  9. greta
  10. margot/margaux

-lib

1. [name_f]Audrey[/name_f]
  2. [name_f]Margot[/name_f], [name_f]Margaux[/name_f]
  3. [name_f]Greta[/name_f]
  4. [name_f]Stella[/name_f]