Rank these combo options

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

Here are my rankings:

[name_u]Antonia[/name_u] [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] Marigold-This is just stunning. [name_u]Antonia[/name_u] is romantic & feminine, but feels strong & bold too. It’s not too light or too heavy. It’s well known but not over done. I think that it fits perfectly w/the mns style wise & the flow is also pretty good.

[name_f]Aurelie[/name_f] [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] Marigold-I like the sound of this a lot. I would prefer [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] though. [name_f]Aurelie[/name_f] feels like it’s missing something. Mostly an ‘a’ at the end!

[name_f]Thisbe[/name_f] [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] Marigold-This fits w/the style of the mns, & is unique & pixie-ish. I just don’t love the sound of it. It’s a name that I like more in theory.

[name_f]Eulalie[/name_f] [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] Marigold-I find this name a bit hard to say & spell. I can understand the appeal though. It feels cheerful & interesting.

[name_f]Astarte[/name_f] [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] Marigold-This is also hard to say & spell. I just can’t get into it.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

From favourite to least favourite (I do really like them all though!)

[name_f]Thisbe[/name_f] [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]
[name_f]Eulalie[/name_f] [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurelie[/name_f] [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]
[name_u]Antonia[/name_u] [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]
[name_f]Astarte[/name_f] [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]

[name_f]Thisbe[/name_f] [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] has such a beautiful imagery; whispering trees, hot tea, cozy blankets. It flows the best for me, and has a lovely sound in general.
[name_f]Eulalie[/name_f] [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] is close behind, it has a sunshine-ey vibe, a warm feel, and a nice contrasting sound between the soft, gentle [name_f]Eulalie[/name_f] and the quirky, sharp [name_f]Zelda[/name_f]. [name_f]Aurelie[/name_f] [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] is pretty much the same concerning vibe & flow for me.
[name_u]Antonia[/name_u] [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] is lovely too, but the vibes aren’t quite as ‘whole’ than the others, if that makes sense? [name_u]Antonia[/name_u] is very romantic in feel while [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] and [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] are spunkier and bolder to me. I do still like this combo a lot, though. It’s pretty much tied with [name_f]Aurelie[/name_f] [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f].
[name_f]Astarte[/name_f] [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] is spunky, cool and mystical; it has a completely different vibe to me (but not in a bad way!).

1 Like

1 Like

astarte zelda marigold ~ magical and it fits the vibes of zelda and marigold really well ! also i love astarte so much with your daughter’s name
thisbe zelda marigold
aurelie zelda marigold
eulalie zelda marigold
antonia zelda marigold ~ the only one of these that i don’t adore; antonia just doesn’t fit the vibes, and it’s kind of dated to me. i also don’t like the nickname toni

1 Like

[name_f]Thisbe[/name_f] [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] ia stunning!! Runner up is [name_f]Eulalie[/name_f]!

1 Like

eulalie zelda marigold :heart_eyes:
thisbe zelda marigold
astarte zelda marigold
aurelie zelda marigold
antonia zelda marigold

1 Like

@MichelleM - Thanks for your feedback! I loved what you had to say about Antonia - those are exactly my reasons for liking the name. I do love Aurelia, but I think the ending sounds more repetitive with Zelda. I also love the idea of Thisbe as pixie-ish! She’s from my favorite Shakespearean play, A Midsummer Night’s Dream, and it’s just chock-full of fairies!

@planetnames - Thank you so much for sharing your imagery! I think that aspect is honestly what makes me a name nerd in the first place - every name comes with its own images, colors, textures, etc. I love your vibes for Thisbe and Eulalie - they both really tie in the with the moodboard I made for this combo! It sounds like Aurelie is pretty middle of the road for you, and I think that’s where it’s sitting for me too. I find it interesting that Antonia seems to feel softer and more romantic to you, because to me it feels bold, grand, and powerful, in the same “warrior queen” vibe as Octavia, Zenobia, or Diana. Which, now that I mention it, isn’t really the imagery I’ve going for on this one. Hm. I really love the way you describe Astarte! I love this name so much, but Astarte is one of the original mother goddesses, and she usually feels too ancient and stiff in combos. I felt like Zelda and Marigold brought her forward, livened her up, and gave her this witchy, hippie, bohemian vibe that I adore. Thank you so much for your feedback!

@rosepip - I’m so delighted to see that you love Astarte! She was one of the lowest votes on the previous elimination thread, but I just couldn’t bring myself to part with her. I’m also thrilled that you would love a Nimue and Astarte sibset, because I just swoon at the thought! I don’t love the idea that Antonia feels dated, and I had not even considered that Toni would be an obvious nickname. Yikes. I’m really reconsidering Antonia right now. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts!

@Grandidieramy, @Greyblue, and @alessia810 - Thank you so much for your rankings!

3 Likes

1 - [name_f]Thisbe[/name_f] [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f], fantastic, stunning, fairy

2 - [name_u]Antonia[/name_u] [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f], romantic and stunning

3 - [name_f]Eulalie[/name_f] [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f], very nice but maybe a little hard to say?

4 - [name_f]Astarte[/name_f] [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f], [name_f]Astarte[/name_f] is too “complicated” for me

5 - [name_f]Aurelie[/name_f] [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f], [name_f]Aurelie[/name_f] seems very classic and [name_u]French[/name_u]. I don’t think it goes well with [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]

1 Like
  1. [name_u]Antonia[/name_u] [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]— I adore the name [name_u]Antonia[/name_u] and think it pairs really well with the other names. This one is for sure my favorite!
  2. [name_f]Thisbe[/name_f] [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]— [name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Thisbe[/name_f] and this combo has a great flow; I placed it second just because I like [name_u]Antonia[/name_u] a little more as a name.
  3. [name_f]Aurelie[/name_f] [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]— Also beautiful, just didn’t love it as much as the others! I prefer [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f], but [name_f]Aurelie[/name_f] is a lovely option I don’t consider enough.
  4. [name_f]Eulalie[/name_f] [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]— Perfectly nice, [name_f]Eulalie[/name_f] just isn’t as much of a favorite of mine (Eulalia would have ranked 3 for flow).
  5. [name_f]Astarte[/name_f] [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]— This is the only one that doesn’t work for me flow wise, and [name_f]Astarte[/name_f] isn’t personally my cup of tea.

Overall, these are really lovely combos!

1 Like

@McCharlie - Thank you! I love your take on [name_f]Thisbe[/name_f]! I have always found [name_u]Antonia[/name_u] very stunning, but I’m a little soured on it once someone pointed out the likelihood of [name_u]Toni[/name_u] as a nickname. I think [name_f]Aurelie[/name_f] goes really well with [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] in terms of the meaning fitting the vibe really well, but stylistically they are a little mismatched.

@itsjustjack - I keep going back and forth on [name_u]Antonia[/name_u], because I do love that you love it, but I’m also having doubts about the name. Pleased to hear [name_f]Thisbe[/name_f] ranks so high for you.

I think it’s really down to two at this point: [name_f]Thisbe[/name_f] and [name_f]Astarte[/name_f]. I know [name_f]Astarte[/name_f] does not get a lot of love here, but it’s truly one of my favorite names, and I just can’t seem to let go of it for this combo. But I also think [name_f]Thisbe[/name_f] is a perfect fit, and it seems to be the community favorite. I’m so bad at decisions! >_<

1 Like

This is stunning! It’s so beautiful and it definitely has the feeling of a sweet summer child. [name_f]Thisbe[/name_f] seems sweet and sunny and it feels little in a cute way to me if that makes sense. I like the mythological connection [name_f]Thisbe[/name_f] has. [name_f]Thisbe[/name_f] is really nice with [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] because [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] is such a strong name while [name_f]Thisbe[/name_f] is more sweet and when they are together they make the perfect combination.
This is my second favourite because I really like how [name_f]Astarte[/name_f] feels with [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]. It’s magical and dreamy for me which I think adds something nice to [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]. I’m not exactly sure how to pronounce [name_f]Astarte[/name_f] but in my head I say ah-star-tay which I think flows with [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]
Although I don’t really like the name [name_u]Antonia[/name_u], i really like it with [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]. I think that it really fits with the theme and the names [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] and [name_f]Marigold[/name_f], [name_u]Antonia[/name_u] brings it all together in a really nice way.
I think that the sound of [name_f]Eulalie[/name_f] is really sweet and bright. She seems like a free spirit happy child to me. I think that [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] in the middle is what makes the combo work so well. I only put this one second last because I prefer the others, but I still really like it.
I still think that this is a lovely name, but I’m not really sure about [name_f]Aurelie[/name_f] fitting with [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f], something just feels a little bit off.

your combos are beautiful!

1 Like

[name_f]Thisbe[/name_f] - love the sweetness of this one; it feels like a little fairly being carried by the wind through a field of thistles and across a foggy lake
[name_f]Eulalie[/name_f] - while not a personal favourite of mine, I think it fits the middle names beautifully and has a sweet sound and look
[name_u]Antonia[/name_u] - is beautiful but feels a lot stronger than the rest; lovely but not as magical (though it does always make me think of a lioness for some reason)
[name_f]Aurelie[/name_f] / [name_f]Astarte[/name_f] - here I just hear/read orally and ass turd in [name_f]English[/name_f] :see_no_evil:

1 Like
  1. [name_f]Thisbe[/name_f] [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] - this is magical
  2. [name_f]Astarte[/name_f] [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] - also stunning, but I don’t know if it’s the easiest name to have if that makes sense? with pronunciation issues and whatnot.
  3. [name_f]Aurelie[/name_f] [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] - I like this one but it’s not as sparkly as the first two
  4. [name_f]Eulalie[/name_f] [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] - personally, I dislike [name_f]Eulalie[/name_f] but the vibes and flow of this combo are nice.
  5. [name_u]Antonia[/name_u] [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] - I like [name_u]Antonia[/name_u] but the double -a ending throws this combo off for me.
1 Like

[name_u]Antonia[/name_u] :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

From favourite to least:

1 Like

[name_f]Aurelie[/name_f] – I think [name_f]Aurelie[/name_f] [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] has the best flow of the five.
[name_f]Eulalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Thisbe[/name_f]
[name_f]Astarte[/name_f]
[name_u]Antonia[/name_u] – I tend to like zestier type names, and this one has less zest than the others. Also, I don’t think it flows as well – I typically like the musicality of double-a-ending combos, but I’m not loving it here with [name_u]Antonia[/name_u] [name_f]Zelda[/name_f].

1 Like

@LeafTree - Thank you so much for your thoughtful comments! You beautifully put my feelings on [name_f]Thisbe[/name_f] [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] and [name_f]Astarte[/name_f] [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] into words. I think [name_f]Thisbe[/name_f] is so sweet and sunny, but she also has a spunky precocious vibe that adds a touch of mischief to [name_f]Zelda[/name_f], which can get a little stern if I’m not careful. I also like the pleasant burr of the sound and the idea of [name_f]Bee[/name_f] as a nickname. As for [name_f]Astarte[/name_f], I’ve always heard and used the pronunciation you mentioned, and I love that it brings this sort of mystical purple feeling to the combo.

@OpheliaFlora - I love the imagery you get for [name_f]Thisbe[/name_f]! As for [name_f]Astarte[/name_f], I usually get the ass similarity with names that have a short A in the first syllable, like [name_f]Astrid[/name_f], [name_u]Aster[/name_u], or [name_u]Aspen[/name_u]. But with [name_f]Astarte[/name_f], I’ve always heard it pronounced with the schwa A at the beginning, like [name_f]Amelia[/name_f], so it doesn’t remind me of the “ass” sound.

@wintersnowflake03 - Thank you for your feedback! I honestly didn’t realize until this thread that [name_f]Astarte[/name_f] wasn’t very intuitive / had so many pronunciation issues.

@Sunniva - Ultimately, I decided against [name_u]Antonia[/name_u] because of the nickname [name_u]Toni[/name_u], which I strongly dislike, as well as the double-A ending you mentioned here.

@Ehrob1 and @emelfem - I appreciate your input!

All the feedback about [name_f]Astarte[/name_f] being difficult to pronounce had me looking up the pronunciation, and realizing that even the sources I usually trust for pronunciation guides disagree on whether it’s ah-STAR-tay or ah-STAR-tee. I do not like the “tee” pronunciation, so I’m rethinking this one. That leaves [name_f]Thisbe[/name_f] [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] as the frontrunner for me.

Thank you everyone for helping me sort out my options!

3 Likes

In this case, it’s more the look of it than the sound.
I get the same weird thing for Astrid; because I speak [name_m]German[/name_m] and “Tritt” means “kick” (and doesn’t sound much different to -trid in German), the fusion of [name_f]English[/name_f] “ass” and [name_m]German[/name_m] “Tritt” and then just makes me think “Arschtritt” or “ass kick” whenever I see [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] written down. When I hear it out loud without reading the name, I wouldn’t think of this, though. Same thing for [name_f]Astarte[/name_f].

1 Like

[name_f]Aurelie[/name_f] :slight_smile:

[name_m]Antonio[/name_m] [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]
Eualie [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]

1 Like