Ranting and Low Income question. Please answer, very important to me

There is no “perfect” time to have a baby. The things you listed in your post really sounded like you have thought of all options (and both sides) and are making a mature decision. Sure things might always be “better” or easier when ____ happens… everyone has these situations in their lives. If you and DH are ready to start trying, go for it! That is the only thing I didn’t get from your post. You didn’t mention (or I may have missed it, sorry) if your DH is also having a hard time waiting and if he wants to start trying now too. I think it’s important to be on the same page.

Regarding school – you say you can take a semester off and can finish in your own timing. [name]Just[/name] be aware that you might never get back…especially if you will be at daycare with your child- it seems more natural (from my point of view) for you to continue with that career while they are there than to go seek other employment. I got pregnant with my oldest during my first semester of college (first week actually- I thought that was pretty “efficient” of me - lol to my defense I have to add that my BF (dh now) and I were dating 9 months and using 2 forms of bc when it happened so it’s not as “bad” as it sounds haha). I made plans of taking a semester off. Before she even arrived, that changed because I found out my school could not be as flexible as I wanted to and I got frustrated and withdrew. We were moving to another area anyway so I figured I’d just enroll in a different college. Nope. It’s been 10 yrs and I have not gone back. I don’t regret it at all though. It was the right choice for me/our family. I think if I were in my last semester instead of the first that would have changed things though!

I’d say wait, you’re young, you have a plan, Dec isn’t that far away and make make a big difference.

You have no idea what kind of pg you will have, you may not be able to work or go to school if you are very ill. You don’t know how you’ll feel after the baby is born, you may not have the energy to finish school even online. Better to graduate first and then you can really focus on and enjoy your pregnancy and not try and fit it in between school and work.

Give it a bit more time.

I studied with kids… if you have a choice don’t. It could put you under alot of pressure- completing assignments, keeping relationship strong, working PLUS wanting to lavish your bubby with your time too. [name]Imagine[/name] how much more enjoyable life with bubby would be without the committment of studies over you.
I think you should have a baby ASAP, after grad. Use this time to build a ‘baby’ fund- so you have some money for unexpected expenses. Knowing that there is a time frame will help you wait.
There are heaps of ways to have a baby on the cheap, but time is the main concern I would have for you.

emiliaj

I think the work an education you are putting into planning for a baby is awesome. I understand why you are waiting and it’s smart. Based in your info though, I wouldn’t say you are financially set for a baby. [name]Just[/name] because ppl can get away with it, it doesn’t mean it’s good. I like to consider myself an expert in waiting. My husband was in the military and we lived in two different countries. Everything was a wait until we were married, and then we decided to wait one year to discuss kids, and when we did we set a start date to TTC ten months later. I know waiting is hard but you can make it easier on yourself. For one, avoid sites like this at least until after summer. It’ll only emphasize the wait. Keep busy and ENJOY your life. Save some money. As for the pain of longing for a child, maybe you should see if there is someone you can speak with about this. I am not going to try and figure it out and give you solutions but maybe there is more too it. Maybe not. You have the time now to enjoy and live to take advantage of it. Waiting just a bit longer will totally make it even more worth while.