Rarity

Listen, I’m not generally the type to have “guilty pleasure” names – highly unusual names or names with strong (positive/neutral) associations don’t scare me at all. But am I out of my mind on this one? I know Rarity is the name of a MLP character and is unlikely to be seen much of anywhere else. But I really like it as a middle name (regardless of gender)! Any thoughts?

Compared to most Berries I tend to be more cautious when it comes to usability, but I actually think Rarity could work as a middle name! It sounds very cool – like a more modern [name_f]Verity[/name_f] or [name_f]Charity[/name_f]. [name_m]Just[/name_m] because it’s very “wordy” I have trouble seeing it as a first name, but I agree that it would make a cool middle name regardless of gender.

Also, it’s making me think about the rhyming [name_f]Clarity[/name_f], which I think would make a very cool name, too!

1 Like

My thoughts exactly, even down to being more cautious about usability than the average Berry. Plus, Rarity also reminds me of Rory which helps me see it as a workable name. In the middle spot, that is— I couldn’t see it working as a first name, but as a middle I think it totally works!

1 Like

Rarity is pretty special and bright! I enjoy it