Rate / give thoughts on baby name list!!!

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] everyone!!

Please copy and share your opinion of my current name list. My style is shorter names with a little edge to them. Nothing crazy but deffinately not too common. Please suggest any others If anything comes to mind. Time is creeping up on us and we are still without a perfect name!!! I’d love to use either claire or [name_f]Ann[/name_f] as a middle name. And for a boy either [name_m]Alan[/name_m] or [name_m]Joseph[/name_m].

Girls:
[name_f]Liv[/name_f]
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_f]Eva[/name_f]
[name_f]Andi[/name_f]
[name_f]Elina[/name_f]/[name_f]Elena[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilah[/name_f]/lila
[name_u]Remi[/name_u]

Boys:
[name_m]Leo[/name_m]
Callan/Callum
[name_m]Brody[/name_m]
[name_m]Caleb[/name_m]
[name_u]Emmett[/name_u]
[name_m]Case[/name_m]
[name_m]Kane[/name_m]
[name_u]Lane[/name_u]
[name_u]Paxton[/name_u] or just Pax
[name_u]Max[/name_u]
[name_m]Dax[/name_m]
Theo
[name_m]Bennett[/name_m]
[name_m]Jake[/name_m]

[name_f]Liv[/name_f] to me has always been a nickname for [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] and I don’t feel it’s ‘pretty’ as a name on its own.

Would you consider [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] or [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] [name_f]Ann[/name_f] as I think both of those flow well!
I also love
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_f]Elena[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_f]Elena[/name_f] [name_f]Ann[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilah[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilah[/name_f] [name_f]Ann[/name_f]
My favourites for boys would be:
[name_m]Leo[/name_m]
[name_m]Caleb[/name_m]
[name_u]Emmett[/name_u]
[name_u]Max[/name_u]
[name_m]Jake[/name_m]

[name_m]Joseph[/name_m] seems to flow nicely with all the above names

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] questionable… thank you for the comment. Dont you think [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] is top popular at the moment? However it is such a beautiful name…

It is very popular unfortunately! Having said that, if you like [name_f]Liv[/name_f] as a name on its own then go for it!

Girls:
[name_f]Liv[/name_f] - love it but with [name_f]Ann[/name_f] or [name_f]Claire[/name_f] as a middle it’s a bit stark so I’d probably have [name_f]Livia[/name_f] as a first with either. I love [name_f]Livia[/name_f]! [name_f]Liv[/name_f] alone is v cool though.
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f] - [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] is pretty.
[name_f]Eva[/name_f] - too many Evies out there I think!
[name_f]Andi[/name_f] - too nicknamey for me. I’d use [name_u]Andy[/name_u].
[name_f]Elina[/name_f]/[name_f]Elena[/name_f] - I quite like [name_f]Elena[/name_f] ([name_f]Elena[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f])
[name_f]Lilah[/name_f] - [name_f]Lilah[/name_f] is pretty but there are a lot of Lilahs/[name_f]Lilas[/name_f], [name_f]Lily[/name_f]’s, [name_f]Luna[/name_f]’s, [name_f]Lola[/name_f]’s and Lulus out there - I think it’s had its moment.
[name_u]Remi[/name_u] - I don’t mind this name, it’s definitely spunky. I prefer [name_u]Remy[/name_u].

Boys, love:
[name_m]Callan[/name_m]/[name_m]Callum[/name_m] (especially love [name_m]Callan[/name_m] - [name_m]Callan[/name_m] [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] is also a nod to [name_m]Alan[/name_m])
[name_u]Emmett[/name_u] [name_m]Alan[/name_m]
[name_u]Max[/name_u] [name_m]Joseph[/name_m]
and [name_u]Paxton[/name_u] is cool but wouldn’t make sense where I live - could go with either middle.

[name_f]Livia[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] or [name_m]Callan[/name_m] [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] would be my top!

Eloiset thank you!!! Where would paxton not be appropriate where you live and why? I appreciate your advise and suggestions!!!

Girls - names I like
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_f]Eva[/name_f]
[name_f]Elena[/name_f]
[name_f]Lila[/name_f]

If popularity is particularly important to you (seeing your reply about [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]), I don’t think any of these are quite right though. I’m assuming you’re US but [name_f]Elena[/name_f] is 67th already, [name_f]Eva[/name_f] (70s) and [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] (just past 100) are totally on-trend and [name_f]Lila[/name_f] is currently in the 200s but I could see it going up more because it also matches current girls’ trends. However, on that basis, [name_f]Lila[/name_f] would be the better option. I prefer [name_f]Elena[/name_f] or [name_f]Eva[/name_f] personally though.

[name_f]Liv[/name_f], [name_f]Andi[/name_f] and [name_u]Remi[/name_u] are all less popular ([name_u]Remi[/name_u] being the most popular of these) but none of them feel like full names to me and don’t feel particularly spunky either. Out of them, I prefer [name_u]Remi[/name_u].

Boys - names I like:
[name_m]Leo[/name_m]
[name_m]Callan[/name_m]/[name_m]Callum[/name_m]
[name_u]Emmett[/name_u]
[name_u]Max[/name_u]
[name_u]Theo[/name_u]
[name_m]Jake[/name_m]

Again, if popularity is a main criterium then [name_m]Leo[/name_m] (61st), [name_u]Emmett[/name_u] (121st) and [name_u]Max[/name_u] (128th) are the highest. [name_u]Theo[/name_u] itself isn’t high but [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] (62nd) places higher and it’s likely they’d get shortened to [name_u]Theo[/name_u].

Out of the remaining, my preference is [name_m]Callan[/name_m] - I think it holds its own well, is unusual without being unexpected and has a spunk to it without being obtrusive.

I really don’t like [name_u]Paxton[/name_u]/[name_u]Pax[/name_u] or [name_m]Dax[/name_m]. [name_m]Dax[/name_m] sounds like a brand to me, not a child and [name_u]Paxton[/name_u] is just trendy to me in an uninteresting way. [name_m]Brody[/name_m] and [name_m]Bennett[/name_m] are fine, they sound American to me but that’s a vibe other people really like.

My personal picks would be [name_f]Elena[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] or [name_u]Remi[/name_u] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] for a girl and [name_m]Callan[/name_m] [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] for a boy.

It’s just too much an obvious last name rather than a first and the [name_u]Pax[/name_u]/[name_m]Dax[/name_m]/[name_m]Knox[/name_m] etc X naming trend isn’t as big a trend here (in Australia). I like saying it as a name but it would come across as trying a bit hard where I’m from.

Thank you!!!

Anyone else?

[name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_f]Eva[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_f]Elena[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] or [name_f]Elena[/name_f] [name_f]Ann[/name_f]
[name_f]Lila[/name_f] [name_f]Ann[/name_f]

[name_f]Liv[/name_f]: I like it. Strong and stylish.
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]: love the spunk!
[name_f]Eva[/name_f]: beautiful.
[name_f]Andi[/name_f]: not my favorite, but nothing wrong with it.
[name_f]Elina[/name_f] or [name_f]Elena[/name_f]: not exactly my taste, but still a solid choice.
[name_f]Lilah[/name_f] or [name_f]Lila[/name_f]: I recently met a young [name_f]Lila[/name_f], which really warmed me up to the name!
[name_u]Remi[/name_u]: charming and cute.

Suggestions ~

[name_u]Ezri[/name_u]
[name_f]Indie[/name_f]
Tesni
[name_f]Lola[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleni[/name_f]
[name_f]Ayla[/name_f]
[name_f]Caia[/name_f]
[name_f]Via[/name_f]
[name_f]Noa[/name_f]
[name_f]Yara[/name_f]
[name_f]Asha[/name_f]
[name_u]Ever[/name_u]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f]

Bolded my favorites!

[name_f]Liv[/name_f] - I like it
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f] - I like it!
[name_f]Eva[/name_f] - I like it!
[name_f]Andi[/name_f] - not a fan.
[name_f]Elina[/name_f]/[name_f]Elena[/name_f] - strongly prefer [name_f]Elena[/name_f], also like [name_f]Alena[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilah[/name_f]/[name_f]Lila[/name_f] - I prefer the [name_f]Lila[/name_f] spelling, it’s more straightforward
[name_u]Remi[/name_u] - it’s okay but not my favorite

[name_m]Leo[/name_m] - I like it! On my own list
[name_m]Callan[/name_m]/[name_m]Callum[/name_m] - they’re both okay but not my favorite, I think I prefer [name_m]Callum[/name_m] though
[name_m]Brody[/name_m] - not a fan, too overused and sounds too much like a 90s name
[name_m]Caleb[/name_m] - I like it!
[name_u]Emmett[/name_u] - I like it
[name_m]Case[/name_m] - not a fan.
[name_m]Kane[/name_m] - not a fan.
[name_u]Lane[/name_u] - I like it!
[name_u]Paxton[/name_u] or just [name_u]Pax[/name_u] - I like it! Preferably [name_u]Paxton[/name_u]
[name_u]Max[/name_u] - it’s okay, I prefer it with a full name like [name_m]Maxwell[/name_m] or [name_m]Maxim[/name_m]
[name_m]Dax[/name_m] - not a fan.
[name_u]Theo[/name_u] - I like it, but I prefer it as a nickname of [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] instead of a full name
[name_m]Bennett[/name_m] - I like it!
[name_m]Jake[/name_m] - feels incomplete, I’d go with [name_m]Jacob[/name_m]

My favourites from your lists are [name_f]Liv[/name_f], [name_f]Ivy[/name_f], [name_f]Eva[/name_f], [name_f]Elena[/name_f], [name_f]Lila[/name_f], [name_u]Remi[/name_u], [name_m]Leo[/name_m], [name_m]Brody[/name_m], [name_m]Caleb[/name_m], [name_u]Emmett[/name_u], [name_u]Max[/name_u] and [name_u]Theo[/name_u]. As you can see, I love all your girl names apart from [name_f]Andi[/name_f], and the majority of your boys, too! I don’t think it’s fair of me to pass judgement on the names I don’t particularly like, so I’ll give my opinion on my favourites!

[name_f]Liv[/name_f] - I love this, it’s so spunky and short, and I think wears well by itself. [name_f]Liv[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] is a lovely combo too.
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f] - on my list, absolutely love it! There’s a 1 year old little girl living next door called [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] and seeing it on an actual human made me love it more, it’s so beautiful. [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] and [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Ann[/name_f] are both good combos.
[name_f]Eva[/name_f] - again, on my list. I like how it’s a short name, but still with nickname opportunities if needs be, such as [name_f]Eve[/name_f] and [name_f]Evie[/name_f]. Such a timeless name too, and the combo [name_f]Eva[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] is stunning.
[name_f]Elena[/name_f] - I used to love this name so much, but I sort of gave up on it because of pronunciation issues. I’d pronounce it eh[name_f]LAYna[/name_f], and love it this way. My favourite middle for [name_f]Elena[/name_f] would be [name_f]Claire[/name_f].
[name_f]Lila[/name_f] - once more, a name on my list. [name_f]Adore[/name_f] it, so so much. [name_f]Lila[/name_f] [name_f]Ann[/name_f] and [name_f]Lila[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] are both gorgeous.
[name_u]Remi[/name_u] - on my ‘thinking about’ list, not sure if I prefer [name_u]Remy[/name_u] or [name_u]Remi[/name_u] but think [name_u]Remi[/name_u] [name_f]Ann[/name_f] is a lovely combo!

[name_m]Leo[/name_m] - on my list, ha! I do like this name, not sure if I’d ever use it, but I don’t want to nix it off because I think I could quite happily name my son it if my SO wanted the name, if that makes any sense! [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] is lovely.
[name_m]Brody[/name_m] - I don’t come across this name on here much so don’t think about it a lot, but I do like [name_m]Brody[/name_m]. Again, [name_m]Brody[/name_m] [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] is a good combo.
[name_m]Caleb[/name_m] - comes and goes on my list so much, I can’t decide whether to nix it or keep it. I prefer [name_m]Jacob[/name_m] so I usually nix it, but [name_m]Caleb[/name_m] is a good enough name and I think [name_m]Caleb[/name_m] [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] is another good [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] combo!
[name_u]Emmett[/name_u] - love this name, just wish my lack of T pronunciation wasn’t hindering my chances of ever using it! It sounds so lazy in my accent, and with how we pronounce Ts around here, which sucks. [name_u]Emmett[/name_u] [name_m]Alan[/name_m] is a good combo.
[name_u]Max[/name_u] - ha, who’d have thought…on my list! I thought of [name_m]Maxwell[/name_m] to get to [name_u]Max[/name_u], then decided I love [name_u]Max[/name_u] more than [name_m]Maxwell[/name_m] so just kept [name_u]Max[/name_u]. Fell in love with it more after seeing [name_u]Max[/name_u] on [name_m]Fuller[/name_m] House. [name_u]Max[/name_u] [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] is so handsome.
[name_u]Theo[/name_u] - can’t decide between [name_u]Theo[/name_u] or [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], but love [name_u]Theo[/name_u] as a nickname regardless. [name_u]Theo[/name_u] [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] is lovely.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] that helps. My favourite of each gender would be [name_f]Lila[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] and [name_u]Max[/name_u] [name_m]Joseph[/name_m].

I quite like [name_f]Liv[/name_f]. Whilst I do prefer [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] as a full name, I think [name_f]Liv[/name_f] can stand by itself. [name_f]Liv[/name_f] [name_f]Ann[/name_f] or [name_f]Liv[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] would be a bit short though, imo, and [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] would sound lovely with these. With regards to [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]'s popularity - I honestly wouldn’t worry about that! People try to avoid the popular names and therefore they stop being so popular…

I adore [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]! I think [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] is stunning - [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Ann[/name_f] almost sounds as though you are smooshing one name together.

[name_f]Eva[/name_f] is also lovely. I love the E sound and just have stunning imagery for [name_f]Eva[/name_f]. Again I’d go for [name_f]Eva[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f], otherwise you end up with a name like [name_u]Evan[/name_u].

[name_f]Andi[/name_f] is sweet and spunky, but I’d prefer her as a nickname and I much rather it spelt [name_f]Andie[/name_f]. You could even use something like [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] nn [name_f]Andie[/name_f], although I realise you say you prefer shorter names.

I think I prefer [name_f]Elena[/name_f] over [name_f]Elina[/name_f], but both are sweet. [name_f]Elena[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] is gorgeous.

I don’t know which pronounciation you are going for here, but to me, [name_f]Lilah[/name_f] is the same as [name_f]Lyla[/name_f] and [name_f]Lila[/name_f] is like [name_f]Leela[/name_f]. I prefer the latter. I like the sound of [name_f]Lila[/name_f] [name_f]Ann[/name_f] but I think [name_f]Lila[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] looks nicer written down.

[name_u]Remi[/name_u] is simply stunning! Sweet, but wearable on an adult too, and despite how it looks, it doesn’t feel too nicknamey. Both [name_f]Ann[/name_f] and [name_f]Claire[/name_f] sound great with [name_u]Remi[/name_u], I can’t decide which I prefer. (Although I prefer the [name_f]Anne[/name_f] spelling for [name_u]Remi[/name_u] [name_f]Anne[/name_f].)

[name_m]Leo[/name_m] is nice but feels overused and a bit predictable. [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] is very handsome though.

I prefer [name_m]Callan[/name_m] over [name_m]Callum[/name_m], only because I knew a [name_m]Callum[/name_m] who comes to mind whenever I hear the name. Obviously, [name_m]Callan[/name_m] [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] would be the better choice here, and it sounds great!

I find [name_m]Brody[/name_m] a bit trendy, but definitely not a write off. However I don’t really like either [name_m]Alan[/name_m] or [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] here.

[name_m]Caleb[/name_m] is another one that I love but feels a bit predictable, however I believe that shouldn’t deter you. [name_m]Caleb[/name_m] [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] is lovely.

[name_u]Emmett[/name_u] is so handsome and much less common than the ones above. Have you thought about [name_u]Everett[/name_u], which I slightly prefer? You could use [name_m]Rhett[/name_m] as a nickname, since you like shorter names. Either way, [name_u]Emmett[/name_u] [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] is so handsome.

I can’t decide if I like [name_m]Case[/name_m] or not. I think it just sounds like a plain word to me, but I like the style. Perhaps [name_m]Casen[/name_m]? You could still call him [name_m]Case[/name_m].

Like [name_m]Callum[/name_m], [name_m]Kane[/name_m] makes me think of a particular person I know, so I feel like I can’t like it.

[name_u]Lane[/name_u] would be a nice middle name, but I think it’s a bit boring as a first name.

[name_u]Paxton[/name_u] is just that little bit too trendy for me. I love ‘trendy’ names, but I kind of feel like there’s a line and this one is just over it. That being said it’s not awful and definitely not unusable. [name_u]Pax[/name_u] is a sweet nn though, but I’m not sure it stands alone. However since [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] is slightly longer, you could get away with [name_u]Pax[/name_u] [name_m]Joseph[/name_m].

[name_u]Max[/name_u] is definitely sweet and simple, and whilst it of course can work on its own, I really like [name_m]Maxwell[/name_m] or [name_m]Maxen[/name_m] (which isn’t much different to [name_u]Paxton[/name_u] actually.) What about [name_m]Maxton[/name_m]? I think [name_m]Maxwell[/name_m] [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] is a wonderful combo!

I think that [name_m]Dax[/name_m] should probably have a longer form too. But as I said with [name_u]Paxton[/name_u]/[name_u]Pax[/name_u] - since [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] is a longer middle name, [name_m]Dax[/name_m] [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] could work (he could even be DJ, if you wanted!)

I think [name_u]Theo[/name_u] is adorable and sweet! [name_u]Theo[/name_u] [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] or [name_u]Theo[/name_u] [name_m]Alan[/name_m] are both nice, but I’m definitely more towards [name_m]Joseph[/name_m]!

I loveee [name_m]Bennett[/name_m] - or even better, [name_m]Benson[/name_m]! However I don’t like [name_m]Ben[/name_m]. That’s just me though.

I’ve never been a fan of [name_m]Jake[/name_m]. I’m not sure why, though. [name_m]Jacob[/name_m] is nice however!

Wow you ladies are fantastic… thank you so much for reviewing my list and sharing your suggestions!!! I really appreciate it!