Rate my current favorite girl names!

I love all of them!

Phoebe- 9. [name_u]Bright[/name_u], strong, and sweetly offbeat.
[name_f]Olive[/name_f]- 7. Very nice nature name, fits with the other names.
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f]-8. I know it’s popular, but it’s so pretty, understated, and easy to use that I love it.
[name_f]Fern[/name_f]-6. I love the imagery and the connotations of this name, and I quite like it, but I like the sound slightly less than most of the others
[name_f]Elsie[/name_f]- 6. I think it’s very sweet, but I prefer it as a nickname to [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] (I know a very dear [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] “[name_f]Elsie[/name_f]”)
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]-8.This name is cute, spunky, and has a great sound!
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f]-8. This name is pretty without being frilly, offbeat without being unfamiliar.

1. Phoebe – [name_u]Love[/name_u] it!
  2. Beatrix – so cute and spunky
  3. Elsie – been catching my eye lately
  4. Clementine – up until about a week ago I never understood the love for this name, and all of the sudden I’m really starting to find it adorable. I know a [name_u]Clemmie[/name_u], short for [name_f]Clemence[/name_f], and maybe knowing her for a few years has helped.
  5. Fern – I have a great-aunt [name_f]Fern[/name_f] and have always liked it as a middle.
  6. Hazel – sweet but not my style
  7. Olive – never been a fan at a ll.

My ratings are very much influenced by my personal style and associations - take this with a pinch of salt!

Phoebe ~ 6/10. On paper, exactly my style, but the associations are a bit too strong for me (both from Friends, and a [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] I grew up with). I think it could definitely work for you, though!
[name_f]Olive[/name_f] ~ 6.5/10. Very sweet!
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] ~ 7.5/10. Classic, but with a lovely sound. This is super pretty!
[name_f]Fern[/name_f] ~ 6.5/10. I really like this!
[name_f]Elsie[/name_f] ~ 7/10. Super pretty! I generally don’t love nickname names, but this is very cute nonetheless.
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] ~ 8/10. Sort of a guilty pleasure because it’s a little more ‘normal’ than most of my tastes but very charming!
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f] ~ 8/10. Excellent vibes - I like it a lot

In summary:
Really lovely list! Keep doing what you’re doing.

BEst to worst:
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
[name_f]Fern[/name_f]
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f]
[name_f]Elsie[/name_f]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f]
[name_f]Olive[/name_f]

I’m ranking them in terms of how likely I would be to use the name someday, since they’re all lovely and usable!

Phoebe- 9. spunky and cute

Olive- 8. a little less distinctive because of [name_f]Olivia[/name_f], but still an adorable name

Hazel- 8. distinctive sound, and reminds me of autumn which I love

Elsie- 9. I feel like this name will be the new [name_u]Kelsey[/name_u], but better. has a really sweet sound

Beatrix- 8. this name has a lot of personality, and I especially love [name_f]Bea[/name_f] or [name_f]Trix[/name_f]!

Clementine- 6. it’s actually a really sweet name, I love the sound of the “tine” but I dislike names with the “Cl” sound (like [name_m]Clarence[/name_m] or [name_m]Clement[/name_m]). no good reason though.

Phoebe- 6/10
[name_f]Olive[/name_f]- 6/10
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f]- 5/10
[name_f]Fern[/name_f]- 8/10
[name_f]Elsie[/name_f]- 6/10
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]-6/10
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f]- 8/10

1.[name_f]Elsie[/name_f]-love, is on my list also
2.[name_f]Hazel[/name_f]-very cute
3.[name_f]Olive[/name_f]-Also Very cute, but different
4.[name_f]Clementine[/name_f]-cute, but Reminds me of the oranges
5.[name_f]Fern[/name_f]-not my first choice but not horrible
6. [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]-Interesting
BUT if u like them that is all that matters :blush:

1 Like
  1. Elsie
  2. Olive
  3. Hazel
  4. Fern
  5. Clementine
  6. Phoebe
  7. Beatrix
  1. Elsie- one of my favs, also on my list.
  2. Hazel
  3. Olive
    [name_f]Clementine[/name_f], [name_f]Fern[/name_f] and [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] are nice names but not my style.

Phoebe - 8 this was my dog’s name so I love it
[name_f]Fern[/name_f] - 1 very unpleasant sounding
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] - 1 same as [name_f]Fern[/name_f]
[name_f]Elsie[/name_f] - 7 such a sweet name
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] - 6 just ok
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f] - 1 sounds ridiculous to me

I love them! Grading/ranking of my favorites:

Clementine—10
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]—9.5
[name_f]Elsie[/name_f]—9
[name_f]Fern[/name_f]—8