Rate My Favorites - Girls

See the results of this poll: Which do you like best?

Respondents: 36 (This poll is closed)

• Abigail: 2 (6%)
  • Anne: 0 (0%)
  • Elizabeth: 3 (8%)
  • Isabel: 9 (25%)
  • Laura: 2 (6%)
  • Linnea: 6 (17%)
  • Louisa: 6 (17%)
  • Mary: 2 (6%)
  • Rebecca: 2 (6%)
  • Victoria: 4 (11%)

I picked [name]Linnea[/name] because its the most “unusal” of the names, but I also love [name]Elizabeth[/name] for its nn potential…my fav being [name]Libby[/name]! :slight_smile:

I adore [name]Louisa[/name], it’s by far my favorite on your list.

That’s a good list overall, but my favourite is [name]Isabel[/name], although I’m not a fan of that spelling. [name]Love[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] too (but I’m biased!)

I love them all, though [name]Anne[/name] as a first name is a bit of a stretch. I voted for [name]Elizabeth[/name], though [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Rebecca[/name], [name]Abigail[/name], and [name]Victoria[/name] would have all been on my favorites.

I voted for [name]Louisa[/name]; I think it’s so lovely, and one of my favorites! My second choice was [name]Linnea[/name].

[name]Abigail[/name]: It’s super popular, and I think the sound is really harsh.
[name]Anne[/name]: It would be so refreshing to see a baby [name]Anne[/name]!
[name]Elizabeth[/name]: Such a classic-- I think it’s a lovely name, but a little too boring for me.
[name]Isabel[/name]: Really pretty, but too popular… I also like the spelling [name]Isobel[/name]
[name]Laura[/name]: Seems a little dated, but still very pretty
[name]Linnea[/name]: It’s beautiful!
[name]Louisa[/name]: I absolutely love [name]Louisa[/name].
[name]Mary[/name]: I know it’s been getting more attention recently, but I just find it so uninteresting.
[name]Rebecca[/name]: Not one of my favorites…
[name]Victoria[/name]: Pretty, but I don’t like any of the nicknames.

[name]Do[/name] you like any of these?

[name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Edith[/name]
[name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]

I love [name]Linnea[/name] so much. [name]Anne[/name] was my second choice, but all the names were great.

Our 10 month old is named [name]Laura[/name], so I am biased in favor of that name. I do sometimes worry about it being slightly dated, though I like to think it is more of a classic than being truly dated.

I voted for [name]Isabel[/name] (although I prefer the [name]Isobel[/name] spelling), but it was a tough decision between that and [name]Louisa[/name]. I also quite like [name]Linnea[/name], although I always think of the word “linear” when I hear it. I’m not really a fan of any of the other names.

Thanks for responding, everyone!

Liz22, out of curiosity, which spelling of [name]Isabel[/name] do you prefer?

[name]Caroline[/name] - I like it a lot, it nearly made my top 10.
[name]Amelia[/name] - It’s nice, but sometimes it sounds mealy.
[name]Charlotte[/name] - I don’t like it.
[name]Lydia[/name] - It’s pretty.
[name]Eliza[/name] - I like it, but really only as a nn for [name]Elizabeth[/name].
[name]Edith[/name] - I’m indifferent to it, although I think [name]Edy[/name]'s cute.
[name]Margaret[/name] - I don’t like it, but I think [name]Maggie[/name] and [name]Maisie[/name] are sweet.
[name]Catherine[/name] -Yup! This is my favorite spelling, too.
[name]Annabel[/name] - Another one I really like.
[name]Genevieve[/name] - I like it a lot too. :slight_smile:

I voted for [name]Louisa[/name], but they’re all pretty names (especially [name]Abigail[/name] and [name]Elizabeth[/name]). [name]Louisa[/name] is just so beautiful and so distinctive - I love it!

[name]Do[/name] you like [name]Cecilia[/name], [name]Violet[/name], [name]Miriam[/name], [name]Vivian[/name], [name]Evelyn[/name], or [name]Audrey[/name]?

[name]Cecilia[/name] - I like the sound, but the fact that it means “blind” interferes with my liking it.
[name]Violet[/name] - Pretty.
[name]Miriam[/name] - Yes! I especially like it with the nn [name]Mira[/name].
[name]Vivian[/name] - I like this one a lot.
[name]Evelyn[/name] - Hmm…still on the fence.
[name]Audrey[/name] - This one is nice too. :slight_smile:

I love [name]Mira[/name] too! I also love [name]Mimi[/name]!

[name]Cecilia[/name] doesn’t mean blind; it means “a way for the blind,” which I think is lovely as I associate it with someone who is a gentle leader. [name]St[/name]. [name]Cecilia[/name] was known as the patron saint of musicians. (I’m not religious, but I like to take note of the literary associations that a name carries from its religious affiliations).

I really like [name]Isobel[/name], because I’m Scottish. But [name]Isabelle[/name] is really pretty too.

I voted for [name]Mary[/name], as I think it is utterly beautiful and classic, and now quite unusual. [name]Elizabeth[/name] really is the name which has everything, too, and I adore [name]Isabel[/name] (but none of the more elaborate spellings, such as [name]Isabelle[/name]) despite its popularity.

I like the more elaborate versions of [name]Anna[/name] - [name]Annaliese[/name], [name]Rosanna[/name], [name]Pollyanna[/name] (I used to adore that book), [name]Liliana[/name] and even the slightly spunky [name]Anya[/name].

Actually, I like several variations of [name]Mary[/name], too, such as [name]Martha[/name] and [name]Miriam[/name].

Other names that I think you might like :
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Catherine[/name]/[name]Katherine[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name].

That’s all I can think of for now :slight_smile:

[name]Alice[/name] - It’s growing on me.
[name]Catherine[/name]/[name]Katherine[/name] - I like it a lot.
[name]Charlotte[/name] - I know I’m in the minority, but I’m not a fan.
[name]Cordelia[/name] - See above.
[name]Eloise[/name] - To me, this name belongs 100% to the little girl at the Plaza.
[name]Lucy[/name] - It’s ok. :slight_smile: