Rate My List

Yes! That’s how I’m saying it. I don’t like [name_f]Aaliyah[/name_f] because it looks too clunky. [name_f]Alia[/name_f] or [name_f]Aliya[/name_f] are sleeker looking to me.

Probably. L names are tricky. I’m always flip-flopping on the ones i like and how I like them :joy:

1 Like

I think the [name_f]Aliya[/name_f] spelling would be the best if you want it to be pronounced like [name_f]Aaliyah[/name_f], and yes I agree the double A and added H seem to make the name look bad if that makes sense lol.

2 Likes

[name_f]Alia[/name_f]- 4/10 (I hope that’s not too harsh sorry), this one’s just not for me, assuming it’s pronounced the same as [name_f]Aaliyah[/name_f]? Still sweet though!

[name_f]Apolline[/name_f]- 10/10 I loooove this name so much, it’s on my list too! Super pretty, love the length.

[name_u]Augustine[/name_u]- 7/10 I personally prefer this one on a boy but it’s great either way! Again, I love longer names so this one checks that box for me too : )

[name_f]Bella[/name_f]- 5/10 not for me but I see the appeal! Works with so many combos, I think it’s nice.

[name_f]Bianca[/name_f]- 2/10 (sorryyyy) this name has always sounded too harsh to me. But if it’s worth anything, the [name_f]Bianca[/name_f] I know is super sweet so I do have a positive association with it!

[name_u]Briar[/name_u]- 2/10 something about how heavy it is on the r sound just makes me dislike it.

[name_u]Eden[/name_u]- 8/10 I really like this one, also on my list! I think it’s really nice.

[name_u]Elia[/name_u]- 4/10 if it’s pronounced like [name_f]Alia[/name_f] / [name_f]Aaliyah[/name_f], but 6/10 if it’s pronounced like [name_f]Elle[/name_f]-ia! Sorry not sure abt the pronunciation but I do like the look of it and if it’s pronounced the latter way, I think it sounds pretty too.

[name_f]Iris[/name_f]- 7/10 def flower name that I like! I like the sound and also how it’s a little less common than other floral names but is still familiar. Makes it very refreshing.

[name_f]Laila[/name_f]- 7/10 this name is super bright and fun!

[name_f]Lila[/name_f]- 8/10 Loveee this one, I prefer the [name_f]Lilah[/name_f] spelling personally but either way, I think it’s def my fav out of the [name_f]Laila[/name_f]/Lila/Leila group.

[name_f]Leila[/name_f]- 5/10 this one is nice but the pronunciation of it just isn’t my favorite, but that’s possibly because it’s just a pronunciation that’s diff from what I’m familiar with!

[name_f]Nora[/name_f]- 7/10 really sweet, I like how this name could totally work in lots of combos too.

[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]- 10/10 LOVE [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] too, the [name_m]Shakespeare[/name_m] association doesn’t bother me personally. I think it’s really beautiful : )

[name_u]Ruby[/name_u]- 4/10 not for me, I just prefer other gem names, specifically [name_f]Opal[/name_f]. Like it for u tho!

1 Like

Yes! It’s [name_f]Elle[/name_f]-ia! And don’t worry, nothing too harsh. All in good fun.

1 Like

Alia / [name_f]Aliya[/name_f] - 6/10. this name is nice, it just isn’t my personal favorite. every time I hear this name I just think of the singer (spelt differently of course), which isn’t a bad association just such a strong one. It’s like [name_f]Cher[/name_f], lovely but one very strong association. I’m sure I’m in the minority with that though! I do like these spellings of it though, they look very pretty.
[name_f]Apolline[/name_f] - 9/10. [name_f]Apolline[/name_f] is stunning. So strong and brave and adventurous. It always reminds me of the Amazons in Wonder Woman (though I’m not sure why :sweat_smile:)
[name_u]Augustine[/name_u] - 3/10. I’m so sorry, I just only see this as a boys name! I prefer [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] or even [name_u]August[/name_u] on a girl.
[name_f]Bella[/name_f] - 8/10. this is my niece’s middle name, and I’ve always thought it was so pretty! I personally prefer it as a nickname for something else (and as a full name, I strongly prefer [name_f]Belle[/name_f]!)
[name_f]Bianca[/name_f] - 5/10. cute name, and I really like the nickname [name_f]Bee[/name_f]! I’ve just known a bunch so it doesn’t feel as special to me.
[name_u]Briar[/name_u] - 10/10. absolutely gorgeous name. I love it on all genders. I love how magical it is, and the nature connection is great too!
[name_u]Eden[/name_u] - 8.5/10. very pretty name, I like the sound of it and love nickname [name_f]Edie[/name_f]! I just personally prefer it on a boy!!
[name_u]Elia[/name_u] - 9/10. I love [name_u]Elia[/name_u] so much! It’s so gorgeous, soft, and sweet. I first heard it in Game of Thrones, and instantly fell in love. I think it makes an unexpected choice among other “[name_f]El[/name_f]-” names.
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] - 9/10. beautiful and soft, yet still has some strength. love the nature connection too!
[name_f]Laila[/name_f] - 10/10. this has been one of my favorite names for so many years (I personally prefer the [name_f]Layla[/name_f] spelling, but this one is lovely too)!! I think it’s such a beautiful, warm, sweet, underappreciated name.
[name_f]Lila[/name_f] - 8/10. pretty, soft name. I really love it, just slightly prefer [name_f]Laila[/name_f]!
[name_f]Leila[/name_f] - 8.5/10. I love [name_f]Leila[/name_f], but I do worry about pronuncation issues because I’ve only heard this pronounced [name_f]Layla[/name_f] personally! [name_f]Leela[/name_f] is my preferred spelling for that reason, though I do think [name_f]Leila[/name_f] looks prettier!
[name_f]Nora[/name_f] - 9.5/10. [name_f]Nora[/name_f] makes me smile, it’s such a sweet name. I personally prefer it as a nickname, but it’s lovely on its own too!
[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] - 9.5/10. gorgeous and unexpected! I love how soft, but strong it sounds.
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u] - 10/10. this is my most favorite name in the world. Absolutely everything about it is perfect to me :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I found it the same way! [name_f]Ellie[/name_f], [name_f]Elle[/name_f], and [name_f]Ella[/name_f] always sound a tad incomplete to me. I think [name_u]Elia[/name_u] has a stronger energy behind it.

1 Like

I love that that’s how you found it too, you’re the first person I’ve seen who knew it from the show (or books)! :blush: I completely agree about it being a strong name. It definitely fits into that soft, yet still really strong sweet spot!

1 Like

[name_f]Alia[/name_f] / [name_f]Aliya[/name_f] - 5/10 A great name, and I love the sound, just nms though.

[name_f]Apolline[/name_f] - 10/10 This one is just music to my ears, it reminds me of apples, so I can’t help associating this name with just pure sweetness. ([name_m]Apollo[/name_m] is one of my fave boy names as well)

[name_u]Augustine[/name_u] - 10/10 [name_f]My[/name_f] grandfather’s name is [name_m]Agustin[/name_m], but it sounds almost the same in Spanish. I guess that’s why I never even thought about [name_u]Augustine[/name_u] on a girl, but it’s been growing on me! I think it’s such a darling name and it brings lovely imagery to mind.

[name_f]Bella[/name_f] - 7/10 A beauty, lol. But just a tad bit overused/too heard of, at least in my lifetime. Other than that, I do love the sound!

[name_f]Bianca[/name_f] - 10/10 [name_m]Even[/name_m] though this name isn’t on my own list, I’m in love with it, and adore all the sounds. I just love how the “C” grounds the rest, but it still sounds so light and bright.

[name_u]Briar[/name_u] - 7/10 While this one isn’t necessarily my style, I like this name enough that I want to hear it more often! It’s fun for either a mn or fn.

[name_u]Eden[/name_u] - 4/10 I’m just not a fan of the similarity sound to “eat-in” with this one.

[name_u]Elia[/name_u] - 8/10 I forgot about this name! But it’s a gem, and overall lovely :slight_smile:

[name_f]Iris[/name_f] - 2/10 Ahh this use to be a name I loved a couple of years back, but now I find it a bit harsh-sounding :see_no_evil:

[name_f]Laila[/name_f] - 8/10 These next three names are just very musical, soft, & pretty sounding to me!
[name_f]Lila[/name_f] - 9/10
[name_f]Leila[/name_f] - 9/10

[name_f]Nora[/name_f] - 7/10 This is one of those vintage names that sounds versatile and could fit all types of personalities. It’s fun to say too!

[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] - 8/10 I do love this name! [name_m]Even[/name_m] after seeing around NB the comparison to what it sounds like, I still think it has a lovely sound and just rolls off the tongue.

[name_u]Ruby[/name_u] - I would hate to rate my own name for you, but let’s just say I love my name lol, and I’m glad I never met any [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]'s during my days at school :sweat_smile:. It might be my favorite stone name as well. I would be happy to one day come across more baby [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]'s!

1 Like

Hi I just want to start off by saying you have such a lovely naming style, I adore so many of these!

Alia - So simple and sweet, I really love the simplistic uncomplicated spelling of it, I feel it helps in modernizing it! It’s not my personal style but I cannot deny it is such a sweet and pretty name. I really like this one.

Apolline - Aw this one always feels like a breath of fresh air whenever I hear it. It’s so sweet, a little vintage, a little exotic but still familiar and warm. I really love this one for a more unique choice! Beautiful name

Augustine - One of my favourites! It always seems Augustine gets pushed behind Augusta and newly loved August! I find it to be the absolute sweetest and I wish more people appreciated it. I so love this one, I could go on and on!

Bella - This is just beautiful! So classic, timeless and just stunning! I feel it’s a name that was widely popular and has since lost that appreciation but as I’ve already said, it’s a timeless name with timeless beauty. A sweet and simple choice that radiates elegance!

Bianca - Bianca has never been one of my favourites, I’m not sure why, it might be the harsher C sound but nonetheless it is pretty and I can see why so many love it! Not my style but sweet!

Briar - Oh my gosh I love this one! I have always found this name so simple yet intriguing. It’s the perfect name to dress up or down and I love how classic yet modern and trendy it feels. I so love this and would love to meet a little Briar one day. My heart is melting!

Eden - Another favourite of mine, I’ve always preferred it as a middle but I love it just as much for a first. It’s strong, sweet and soft all at once. I think paired with an ultra feminine or floral name it would make the prettiest pairing. I absolutely love this one.

Elia - What a sweet name, I hadn’t heard of this until now but I love! I adore how it feels perfect for a girl while still having a bit of that masculine edge I personally love in a girl’s name. I also love how unique it sounds compared to it’s more popular variations such as Alia! A sweet and unexpected one!

Iris - I so love Iris! It’s one of my absolute favourites, I feel it’s perfectly vintage and trendy at the same time. It’s warm, calm and cool all at once. I am not sure what else to say other than I adore this name with all of my heart! It’s a name that just radiates golden sunshine, light, rainbows and all things sweet. Iris is stunning!

Laila - I can see why so many love this, it’s a cool, calm and collected name! It’s sweet and I love the way you’ve spelt it however, it’s just not my personal style! I also feel it can at times feel very blah with the similar sounds of ay and ah, I am so sorry it’s just my personal opinion!

Lila - I like this one a lot! It’s simple, sweet and a lot less common than Laila! It’s such a sweet choice! I really love this one, not my usual style again, but a classic choice I feel you can’t go wrong with!

Leila - I am not a fan of this at all, I apologize! Once again, I can see why so many love it, it’s just not my style. I must say, I love the way you’ve spelt it, so pretty!

Nora - Finally some love for Nora! I absolutely adore this name, I feel it’s perfectly old timey and vintage. It’s a classic name that I personally feel everyone neglects but a little Nora would just melt my heart! It’s beyond sweet and stunning! I love love love Nora and I am so happy to see it on your list!

Ophelia - Aw I love this one. I once contemplated putting it on my list but for whatever reason decided not to, I think it just got a little too popular for my liking at the time but hey there’s nothing wrong with that, it just means it’s loved all that much more by everyone! I absolutely love the free and wild like feel this name has, it’s an open desert road with beautiful wildflowers and wavering waters personified. I so love this!

Ruby - Every time I hear this name I just go “aw” in my head. I adore the name Ruby, it’s sweet and I feel quite under rated for what a beautiful name it is! I feel it’s a name you can dress up or down and truly make your own! Ruby is such a pretty, whimsical and solid style. I really like it!

I hope I could help and lend some insight! If you’re ever wanting a second opinion, I have a post dedicated to that exactly! Please feel free to comment or even message me whenever! I love helping out! I really hope I could help, you have such a beautiful list!

1 Like

I like that there’s not such a strong emphasis on the “[name_u]Gus[/name_u]”. First I like [name_f]Augusta[/name_f], but then I heard someone on here make a joke about how strong the “[name_u]Gus[/name_u]” is and now I can’t unheard it. I think [name_u]Augustine[/name_u] puts the emphasis back on the “Aug”. And it’s softer than [name_f]Augustina[/name_f].

1 Like

This would be very helpful! Thank you!

2 Likes

Alia: This is very pretty, and it reminds me of the lovely [name_f]Indian[/name_f] actress [name_f]Alia[/name_f] Bhatt (search her up). I slightly prefer the [name_f]Aaliyah[/name_f] spelling though. 9/10
[name_f]Apolline[/name_f]: Absolutely stunning, and perfect for a story character. I love its connection to [name_m]Apollo[/name_m] (my favourite Greek god), and its pretty sound. 10/10
[name_u]Augustine[/name_u]: I’m not very fond of it sorry! It just reads as an old lady name to me, although such names are in vogue at the moment (this is coming from someone who ADORES [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] - an old lady name - so take my opinion as a grain of salt) 4/10
[name_f]Bella[/name_f]: Another name that I’m not fond of, because its a bit too sickly sweet for my tastes. What about [name_f]Belle[/name_f]? It means beauty, and your girl will have the wonderful princess to look up to. 4/10
[name_f]Bianca[/name_f]: I think that that the - ca part is a bit too harsh for me. I also had an old sort of bratty classmate with the name, so yeah…nms, but I can see the appeal. 5/10
[name_u]Briar[/name_u]: I love this name! When I hear it, I imagine a very clever little girl. Sarcastic, but kind hearted, who goes on hikes with books nestled protectivley in her arms. 9/10
[name_u]Eden[/name_u]: Not a fan sorry. No particular reason, just not my style at all. 3/10.
[name_u]Elia[/name_u]: Ooh I love this one! Such a pretty twist on the mega popular el - names! I love it! 10/10
[name_f]Iris[/name_f]: Another one that I LOVE! So, so gorgeous! I also love that its the name of the Greek goddess of rainbows. I just think that its so sweet :sparkling_heart: 10/10
[name_f]Laila[/name_f]: Not a fan. [name_m]Just[/name_m] nms 4/10
[name_f]Lila[/name_f]: I’m neutral on this one. It’s pretty, but I think that it lacks substance. I prefer [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] :cherry_blossom: 5/10
[name_f]Leila[/name_f]: Same as with [name_f]Laila[/name_f] 4/10
[name_f]Nora[/name_f]: I like this, but as a nn for [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], not really as a standalone. 7/10.

1 Like

As for [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] and [name_u]Ruby[/name_u], I like them. I like [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] a bit less because of the ill fated Shakespearan heroine. 7/10, and 8/10 respectivley.
I think that you have some striking choices that will stand out amongst the sea of Emmas, Sophias, Olivias, and Isabellas (although those names are lovely too). Good luck ⚘

1 Like

Alia / [name_f]Aliya[/name_f] -6 - sweet but I prefer [name_f]Aleah[/name_f]
Apolline-8 -bold and beauitful
Augustine -6 - nice enough but I find it a bit awkward
Bella -6 -nice enough
Bianca-7 - I like the distinct sound
Briar - 8 - love the sharp sounds
Eden -8 - love the sweet sounds and imagery
Elia - 7 -cute
Iris -7 - sharp but sweet
Laila - 7 - I enjoy the sounds and meaning
Lila - 8 -bright and sweet
Leila -7 - I like the sound but I’d pronounce this spelling as lay-luh. [name_f]Leela[/name_f] maybe?
Nora - 7 - cute and warm
Ophelia -8 -pretty and literary
Ruby-7 -bright and bubbly

1 Like

Alia - 6/10
[name_f]Aliya[/name_f] - 8/10
[name_f]Apolline[/name_f] - 7/10
[name_u]Augustine[/name_u] - 5/10
[name_f]Bella[/name_f] - 10/10
[name_f]Bianca[/name_f] - 7/10
[name_u]Briar[/name_u] - 10/10
[name_u]Eden[/name_u] - 9/10
[name_u]Elia[/name_u] - 7/10
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] - 10/10
[name_f]Laila[/name_f] - 9/10
[name_f]Lila[/name_f] - 10/10
[name_f]Leila[/name_f] - 6/10, I would pronounce it lay-luh
[name_f]Nora[/name_f] - 8/10
[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] - 10/10
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u] - 10/10

1 Like

alia/aliya - i like it! very pretty
apolline - lovely! unexpected but still gorgeous
augustine - it’s okay, my favourite on a girl but overall prefer august on a boy
bella - i like it
bianca - love this! it’s gorgeous
briar - so pretty, reminds me of sleeping beauty
eden - love love love! one of my favourite girls’ names, nn edie is adorable
elia - pretty, never heard it before but think it’s very nice
iris - love love love! my favourite on this list!
laila - love this, my favourite spelling is leyla but i also like this
lila - gorgeous! prefer it spelt lyla, but again its lovely
leila - it’s okay, never heard that pronunciation so that may be an issue
nora - love!
ophelia - it’s okay, i’m not really a fan
ruby - same as ophelia

1 Like

Alia and [name_f]Aliya[/name_f] are pronounced differently in my head. Im not a huge fan of either but its ok. 4/10
[name_f]Apolline[/name_f] is super pretty, very elegant sounding. 7/10
[name_u]Augustine[/name_u]. I prefer just [name_u]August[/name_u]. With the full thing 5/10 but [name_u]August[/name_u] 7/10
[name_f]Bella[/name_f] is simple but very classic. 7/10
[name_f]Bianca[/name_f] I dont like but just because I know a few dogs with the name 3/10
[name_u]Briar[/name_u] I dont love because it feels more like a boys name to me and I really like more feminine names so 4/10
[name_u]Eden[/name_u] reminds me of the Bible but if that’s what you’re into then it would be ok. 4/10
[name_u]Elia[/name_u] sounds a lot like [name_f]Alia[/name_f] to me. 4/10
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] I dont love. 4/10
[name_f]Laila[/name_f] I love this name I think its so cute 9/10
[name_f]Lila[/name_f]. I would just pronounce this name [name_u]Lee[/name_u]-La if I saw it so with your pronunciation 5/10 because the spelling doesn’t make sense to me
[name_f]Leila[/name_f] I would pronounce [name_f]Layla[/name_f] so with the spelling again I would say 5/10
[name_f]Nora[/name_f] is Okay it sounds dated to me 4/10
[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] I like its cute and spunky yet would work for an adult 9/10
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u] I like 8/10

1 Like

Hi there.

How about I give you my favorite to least favorite rankings?

Nora-This is just lovely. It’s simple, elegant, smart, down to earth, sweet, lovable & classic. All of the good things! It’s a little bit popular, but feels timeless.

Ruby-Super cute & spunky & glamorous. It’s old fashioned & simple & not terribly over done.

Eden-This name is really growing on me lately. I don’t like [name_f]Edie[/name_f] for some reason though. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you? It may be somewhat unavoidable. [name_u]Eden[/name_u] feels smart & polished & peaceful. It’s simple & not too popular as well.

Lila-I like it. It’s sweet & lovable. Fairly simple too, although sometimes people spell it [name_f]Lilah[/name_f], so it could get misspelled.

Bella-[name_m]Even[/name_m] though it’s really over done & kind of nick-namey, I really quite like this name. It sounds sweet & elegant & glamorous.

Briar-I like that it’s simple & not over done & a cool floral name. It feels strong & elegant. I just wish that I liked the sound of it more.

Bianca-Another name that has all of the good things; slightly exotic, smart, a spunky & fun…I just can’t get into it. But it’s a nice choice. Well known but unique too.

Ophelia-Not my cup of tea. It feels very over dramatic, & I see it on these boards so much!

Elia-Whoa, you could do [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] nn [name_u]Elia[/name_u]. I’m not sure how I feel about this. It looks & sounds nice, but feels incomplete somehow.

Laila-I don’t mind the sound, but it just feels trendier than [name_f]Lila[/name_f] for some reason.

Leila-Now this I would think people might say ‘[name_m]Lay[/name_m]-luh’. Maybe [name_f]Leela[/name_f]? All of this L__la names are so over done anyway, even though they’re pretty cute in general.

Apolline-I like that it has the nn [name_f]Polly[/name_f] & appreciate that it’s vintage & interesting, but something about it just doesn’t sound name-y enough to me.

Alia-I prefer this spelling, but it just feels a bit trendy in general.

Iris-I just can’t get into this one. It feels screechy to me.

Augustine-This is just really boyish in my opinion. [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] or just [name_u]August[/name_u] even would be better.

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t have an issue with [name_f]Edie[/name_f]. But I also feel like a simple name like [name_u]Eden[/name_u] doesn’t need to be changed. I like it best as is.