Rate My Names

[name_m]Hi[/name_m]! Some of these names have been on my mind recently. Please rank/rate/comment on these names! Any similar name suggestions are great too! Thanks :blush:

[name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
[name_u]Everly[/name_u]
[name_f]Cecilia[/name_f]
[name_f]Elsie[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Juno[/name_f]
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f]
[name_u]Harper[/name_u]
[name_u]Indie[/name_u]
[name_f]Ottilie[/name_f]

[name_u]Ruby[/name_u]- 7
[name_u]Everly[/name_u] - 4, nothing wrong with it, just not my personal taste
[name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] - 9, love it
[name_f]Elsie[/name_f]- 7.5
[name_f]Iris[/name_f]- 8
[name_f]Juno[/name_f]- 8, but I love [name_u]June[/name_u] even more
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f]- 8
[name_u]Harper[/name_u]- 7
[name_u]Indie[/name_u]- 7
[name_f]Ottilie[/name_f]- 8

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] thoughts

[name_u]Ruby[/name_u] ~ really love [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] sheā€™s such a sparkly gem of a name with rich majestic imagery attached perfect for a baby born in [name_u]July[/name_u] 9/10

[name_u]Everly[/name_u] ~ a sweet friendly fashionable name 7/10

[name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] ~ she feels delicate, ethereal with this strong vintage vibe for some reason she reminds me of lace tablecloths and homemade lemonade I do like her but the meaning isnā€™t the best 7/10

[name_f]Elsie[/name_f] ~ a fashion forward nickname choice a lovely alternative to [name_f]Evie[/name_f] (a name I love but is popular) and [name_f]Ellie[/name_f]. Sheā€™s sweet feels almost nostalgic but I prefer [name_f]Effie[/name_f] which I think is similar but has a prettier sound 7/10

[name_f]Iris[/name_f] ~ I adore [name_f]Iris[/name_f]! For me [name_f]Iris[/name_f] is absolutely stunning a lovely vintage botanical name that with her meaning ā€˜rainbowā€™ feels hopeful perfect for a baby born in such trying times 10/10

[name_f]Juno[/name_f] ~ shucks sheā€™s fun and incredibly gorgeous such an upbeat, spunky name with beautiful goddess imagery attached I love meaning queen of the heavens sheā€™s wonderful 9/10

[name_f]Elowen[/name_f] ~ a pretty nature name that feels melodic and graceful a refreshing way to get the nickname [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] 7/10

[name_u]Harper[/name_u] ~ can completely see the appeal I love the [name_u]Harper[/name_u] [name_u]Lee[/name_u] association but after meeting a 10 year old boy with this name Iā€™m loving for boys and feels a little lacklustre for girls 5/10

[name_u]Indie[/name_u] ~ a fun nickname choice feels free spirited with a pretty bohemian flair but prefer [name_u]Indigo[/name_u] with nickname [name_u]Indie[/name_u] 6/10

[name_f]Ottilie[/name_f] ~ I think this one is becoming the new it girl sheā€™s elegant, strong, has the popular O start people love along with a cool alternative to get the nickname [name_f]Tillie[/name_f] lovely 8/10

1 Like

[name_u]Ruby[/name_u] - 7 - bubbly, sweet and charming
[name_u]Everly[/name_u] - 6.5 - modern and cool
[name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] - 7 - full of flair and elegance - cute nn potential too (Cece, [name_f]Celie[/name_f], [name_f]Celia[/name_f], Lia)
[name_f]Elsie[/name_f] - 7- pretty and cosy
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] - 7 - sharp and sweet
[name_f]Juno[/name_f] - 8.5 - warm and vibrant yet also gentle
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f] - 8.5 - cosy and warm yet rugged - cute nn potential too (Lolo, [name_f]Lola[/name_f], [name_f]Winnie[/name_f], [name_f]Ellie[/name_f], [name_f]Elle[/name_f], [name_u]Lowen[/name_u], Lo)
[name_u]Harper[/name_u] - 7 - sharp and musical
[name_u]Indie[/name_u] - 8.5 - such a lovely name - full of charm and vividness
[name_f]Ottilie[/name_f] - 7.5 - cute and stylish - I encountered a little [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f] the other day and itā€™s been growing on me more since!

A few ideas:

[name_f]Daisy[/name_f]
[name_f]Elodie[/name_f]
[name_u]Piper[/name_u]
[name_f]Pippa[/name_f]
[name_f]Hattie[/name_f]
[name_u]Cleo[/name_u]
[name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Emmy[/name_f]
[name_f]Carys[/name_f]
[name_f]Mabli[/name_f]
[name_f]Lois[/name_f]
[name_f]Una[/name_f]
[name_f]Thisbe[/name_f]
[name_f]Kaia[/name_f]
[name_f]Nellie[/name_f]

2 Likes

Favourite to least

1. [name_f]Juno[/name_f]
  2. [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f]
  3. [name_u]Indie[/name_u]
  4. [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
  5. [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f]
  6. [name_f]Elowen[/name_f]
  7. [name_f]Iris[/name_f]
  8. [name_f]Elsie[/name_f]
  9. [name_u]Harper[/name_u]
  10. [name_u]Everly[/name_u]
1 Like

[name_u]Ruby[/name_u] 4/10 I like that itā€™s a gem and the nickname Ru but itā€™s not for me
[name_u]Everly[/name_u] 7/10 itā€™s very common, if it wasnā€™t so common it would be an 8
[name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] 5/10 I like the nickname [name_f]Cici[/name_f] and I like how it sounds, Also reminds me of the song but it just isnā€™t my style tho
[name_f]Elsie[/name_f] 8/10 I really like [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] it used to be on my list, but again quite popular
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] 5/10 I know itā€™s a plant but I just think of eyes
[name_f]Juno[/name_f] 2/10 Iā€™m not sure why I just donā€™t like it sorry
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f] 7/10 I really like elowen, gives me fantasy vibes, it just isnā€™t my fave but is nice
[name_u]Harper[/name_u] 6/10 itā€™s nice, I like harps, but very popular, I know so many Harpers
[name_u]Indie[/name_u] 6/10 this name has grown on me, I like it with a beach middle name, I slightly prefer more for a boy
[name_f]Ottilie[/name_f] 5/10 This has also grown on me since [name_f]Zoella[/name_f] named her child, I prefer [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] tho

1 Like

Ruby - 8 - i should love this more than i do but itā€™s never made my list! A beautiful gem name
Everly - 8 - i donā€™t care if itā€™s overdone, Iā€™ve never met one so i like it!
Cecilia - 5 - pretty. I like the nn cici. Just canā€™t get over ā€œblindā€
Elsie - 7 - very cute, i like it as a standalone a lot more than Ellie
Iris - 3 - just canā€™t get into it, i think itā€™s the look of the letters and also the eye thing
Juno - 1 - dislike for no particular reason!
Elowen - 7 - lovely flowing nature name, love the cottagecore imagery
Harper - 5 - used to love, now seems overdone and possibly a little masculine for me!
Indie - 5 - however Indigo nn Indie would be a 10
Ottilie - 10 - love it. So cute, so beautiful!!!

Lovely list!

1 Like

Also in order from fav - least fav

[name_f]Ottilie[/name_f] 9/10
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] 8/10
[name_f]Juno[/name_f] 7/10
[name_u]Indie[/name_u] 6/10
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f] 5/10
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u] 4/10
[name_u]Harper[/name_u] 3.5/10
[name_u]Everly[/name_u] 2/10
[name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] 2/10
[name_f]Elsie[/name_f] 2/10

Absolutely nothing wrong with [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] through [name_f]Elsie[/name_f], theyā€™re just not for me personally! Overall, itā€™s a lovely list!

1 Like

You have a great list :blush:

[name_u]Ruby[/name_u]- 5/10
[name_u]Everly[/name_u]- 3/10
[name_f]Cecilia[/name_f]- 7/10
[name_f]Elsie[/name_f]- 5/10
[name_f]Iris[/name_f]- 7/10
[name_f]Juno[/name_f]- 9/10
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f]- 2/10
[name_u]Harper[/name_u]- 8/10
[name_u]Indie[/name_u]- 7/10
[name_f]Ottilie[/name_f]- 7/10

1 Like

[name_m]Favorite[/name_m] to least (though most of these are actually fairly close and could easily move up or down a spot):

1. [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f]
  2. [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
  3. [name_f]Elsie[/name_f]
  4. [name_f]Iris[/name_f]
  5. [name_f]Elowen[/name_f]
  6. [name_u]Harper[/name_u]
  7. [name_u]Indie[/name_u]
  8. [name_f]Juno[/name_f]
  9. [name_u]Everly[/name_u]
  10. [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f]
1 Like

Ceciliaā€“ 9/10 elegant, classy, smart, and beautiful!
Rubyā€“ 8/10 so sweet! I love the spunk and the old-fashioned feel.
Elowenā€“ 8/10 very pretty and sprightly! Sort of an elfin sound without seeming out of place in the real world!
Irisā€“ 6/10 very elegant, and distinctive in sound! Strikes me as sort of cold for some reason though.
Harperā€“ 5.5/10 nothing wrong with it, but I prefer more femininity, and it turns me off how very quickly itā€™s risen through the ranks.
Elsieā€“ 4/10 (10/10 as a nickname!) sweet, and charmingly old-fashioned! I prefer it as a nickname though.
Ottilieā€“ 4/10 cool, but I canā€™t get behind the sound. It would sound a lot better to me if I didnā€™t pronounce my tā€™s as dā€™s!
Everlyā€“ 4/10. itā€™s pretty, but to me it sounds lightweight and made up (even though I know itā€™s not). Not that thereā€™s anything wrong with making up names, but I usually prefer more established.
Junoā€“ 2/10. Idk why, but I almost never like strong ā€œoā€ sounds in names. Also donā€™t love the strong association with the mythical goddess. (Iā€™m a hypocrite because I like [name_f]Athena[/name_f], but thatā€™s just how I feel, lol.)
Indieā€“ 2/10 seems like an adjective and not a name to me. But I do see the appeal sound-wise!

2 Likes

[name_u]Ruby[/name_u] - 9/10, been a love on my mind lately too! Only downside for me is recent popularity
[name_u]Everly[/name_u] - 7/10, I really like the sound but popularity and an association puts me off
[name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] - 3/10, I used to love this so I have a soft spot for it but itā€™s too frilly for me, almost sounding fragile
[name_f]Elsie[/name_f] - 8/10, a little cutesy for me as a full name but I love it as a nn. Itā€™s been used in my family though (as a full name, so it does work!)
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] - 8/10, I still love this name, although it feels too vintage for my current style
[name_f]Juno[/name_f] - 10/10, one of my faves! I find it impossible to pair though
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f] - 9/10, still canā€™t decide on the pronunciation (correct vs mine and what I think would be most Americanā€™s intuition) but I love the meaning
[name_u]Harper[/name_u] - 4/10, just not my thing, and I canā€™t figure out why! Also, popularity
[name_u]Indie[/name_u] - 9/10, one of my favorites too!
[name_f]Ottilie[/name_f] - 6/10, a cute name, just not my style

1 Like

ruby - 8/10 such a sweet and friendly sounding name, the gemstone is a bonus :relaxed: i especially like this for a middle name

everly - 7/10 i love the sound of this one, i do think it could date quickly but i have a soft spot for ev- names in general

cecilia - 7/10 iā€™m warming up to it ! it gives off a period drama princess vibe that iā€™m liking, the nickname ceci allows it more versatility too. the meaning isnā€™t an issue for me as it has a nice history

elsie - 9/10 awe, this used to be one of my favorites as elsi ! iā€™m drawn to both the nickname as first name and cottagecore aspect, though sometimes it feels less substantial

iris - 8/10 i like iris, though i think i prefer ines and isis slightly more. iā€™m into -s ending names for girls, they radiate such a cool and unexpected vibe. i think iris could work well also for a boy !

juno - 6/10 a nameberry favorite for sure, i like the mythological association and meaning. objectively a great choice, but for me juna seems more colorful and fresh

elowen - 7/10 another online favorite, and for good reason ! itā€™s a super gorgeous collection of letters, but i often hear it pronounced by influencers incorrectly as ā€˜EL-oh-wenā€™. being a name lover it is just something that would irk me unfortunately :sweat_smile:

harper - 6/10 i like the symbolism behind the harp and i think it has a unique sound. i prefer it a little more for a boy, harper on a girl seems somewhat tired nowadays

indie - 5/10 i want to like it, i really enjoy indigo at the moment, however i just read it like the genre of music/online aesthetic and it takes away from its status as a name personally

ottilie - 7/10 this name is fun, i like both the sharper beginning next to softer ending. it does feel slightly older and rigid at times, but i think meeting a baby with this name could help shake the association.

1 Like

these names are all really beautiful!

my ranking:
iris (9/10) - itā€™s just such a sweet name with no spelling/pronounciation trouble, which makes it international in a way

ottilie (9/10)

cecilia (8/10) - such a gorgeous name with many great nickname options!

elowen (8/10)

indie (7/10) - really cute and very indie

ruby (7/10)

everly (6/10)

juno (6/10) - itā€™s a cool name, i prefer june though

harper (5/10)

elsie (5/10) - itā€™s cute, but not really my taste

1 Like

juno - 10/10
elowen - 9/10
ottilie - 9/10
elsie - 8/10
ruby - 7/10
harper -7/10
iris - 7/10 would rank higher but i have associations
everly - 7/10 not my style but i love the way it sounds
indie - 7/10 i like the sound but find it difficult to divorce from the word e.g indie music or an ā€˜indie aestheticā€™
cecilia - 6/10 pretty but feels a little stuffy to me ?? also i only see cilia (biology); i much prefer cecily, or for this sound, cecelia

1 Like

[name_f]Ottilie[/name_f] is fav girl name!
[name_u]Harper[/name_u]
[name_u]Indie[/name_u]
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f]
[name_f]Elsie[/name_f]
[name_u]Everly[/name_u]
Cecillia
[name_u]Juno[/name_u]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u]

1 Like

Ranked fave to least fave:
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
[name_f]Ottilie[/name_f]
[name_f]Elsie[/name_f]
[name_f]Cecilia[/name_f]
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f]
[name_u]Harper[/name_u]
[name_u]Juno[/name_u]
[name_u]Everly[/name_u]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_u]Indie[/name_u]

1 Like

[name_u]Ruby[/name_u]: 3/10, makes me think of a rich snob, IDK why though it just does.
[name_u]Everly[/name_u]: 6/10, I prefer [name_f]Everleigh[/name_f] spelling, but I love the name
[name_f]Cecilia[/name_f]: 6/10, I love the nickname [name_f]Cece[/name_f], pretty cute
[name_f]Elsie[/name_f]: 7.5/10, I love [name_f]El[/name_f]- names! [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] is so cute as a nickname for [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] or even [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]!
[name_f]Iris[/name_f]: 4/10, better than [name_u]Ruby[/name_u], but still not my style
[name_u]Juno[/name_u]: 7/10, [name_u]Juno[/name_u] is a name that I used to hate, but now I just love! Itā€™s so cute, I love [name_u]June[/name_u] names
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f]: 7.5/10, just like [name_f]Elsie[/name_f]! So cute and so sweet
[name_u]Harper[/name_u]: 8/10, love this, but I wouldnā€™t be able to use it since its my niece in lawā€™s nameā€¦ plus its very common now
[name_u]Indie[/name_u]: 9/10, love [name_u]Indie[/name_u], its so cute and so sweet, would totally use as nickname for [name_f]India[/name_f] or [name_u]Indiana[/name_u]
Ottilie; 10/10! This is my fav baby name! I am 100% using for daughter!

I love all your names except [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] and [name_f]Iris[/name_f]! So cute!

1 Like

(favourite to least favourite!)

1. [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
  2. [name_u]Everly[/name_u]
  3. [name_u]Harper[/name_u]
  4. [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f]
  5. [name_f]Elsie[/name_f]
  6. [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f]
  7. [name_u]Indie[/name_u]
  8. [name_f]Iris[/name_f]
  9. [name_f]Elowen[/name_f]
  10. [name_u]Juno[/name_u]