Rate my top 10!

I’d love to hear your comments on my top 10 girls names. Which ones do you think would go best together for sisters?

Top 10 (not in order):

1. [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]
  2. [name_f]Amelia[/name_f]
  3. [name_u]Baylee[/name_u]
  4. [name_f]Calliope[/name_f]
  5. [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
  6. [name_f]Elodie[/name_f]
  7. [name_f]Maisie[/name_f]
  8. [name_u]Meredith[/name_u]
  9. [name_f]Stella[/name_f]
  10. [name_f]Sofia[/name_f]

I like all of the names! My favourites are [name_u]Meredith[/name_u] and [name_f]Stella[/name_f]

My favorites are [name_f]Amelia[/name_f], [name_f]Elodie[/name_f], and [name_f]Stella[/name_f]. [name_f]Sofia[/name_f] is also beautiful.

My favourites are [name_f]Eliza[/name_f], [name_f]Elodie[/name_f], [name_u]Meredith[/name_u], [name_f]Stella[/name_f]. They feel feminine yet strong.

I also like [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f], [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] and [name_f]Sofia[/name_f] but not as much as the 4 I mention above for various reasons.
[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] is a city in Australia so I feel I can not use it
[name_f]Maisie[/name_f] sometimes feels too cutesy and I cant picture a [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] over 11
[name_f]Sofia[/name_f] feels popular but less so then [name_f]Amelia[/name_f].

Why I don’t like the other 3 - [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] feels too popular with all the variants. [name_u]Baylee[/name_u] feels creative/made up and [name_f]Calliope[/name_f] makes me think of the word gallop (I know odd but I have that association for some reason lol)

[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] and [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] would be fantastic sisters!

I adore/love; [name_f]Amelia[/name_f], [name_f]Eliza[/name_f], [name_f]Stella[/name_f], and [name_f]Sofia[/name_f]. I am not fond of [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] or [name_f]Calliope[/name_f].

I like [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] and [name_f]Stella[/name_f] together but there is [name_f]Maisy[/name_f] [name_f]Stella[/name_f] of [name_u]Lennon[/name_u] and [name_f]Maisy[/name_f]. [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] and [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] go well together and [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] and [name_f]Eliza[/name_f].

[name_u]Meredith[/name_u] and [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] could be sisters. So could [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] and [name_f]Sofia[/name_f].

My favorites from you list are [name_f]Eliza[/name_f], [name_f]Elodie[/name_f], [name_f]Maisy[/name_f], and [name_f]Stella[/name_f].

[name_f]Amelia[/name_f] and [name_u]Meredith[/name_u], or [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] and [name_u]Meredith[/name_u], both sound lovely! I also really like [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] and [name_f]Eliza[/name_f].
Though I’m not quite as fond of [name_u]Baylee[/name_u] and [name_f]Sofia[/name_f], I think they sound great together, as well.

I love:

[name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f]
[name_f]Maisie[/name_f]

Not a big fan of [name_u]Baylee[/name_u], but I like all the others. My favorites are [name_f]Calliope[/name_f] and [name_f]Stella[/name_f]. They’re such beautiful names!

Top 10 (not in order):

1. [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] - I like [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f], but I’m not sure I love it. I do love [name_f]Adele[/name_f] and [name_f]Daisy[/name_f], though which I’d easily use as nns for it! It’s a stunning name; there’s just something holding me back from loving it personally, and I can’t really pinpoint what it is.
  2. [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] - I like it quite a lot, but most days I prefer [name_f]Emilia[/name_f]. I do love seeing it written out in some handwritings, though–I remember really starting to fall for it after I saw one of my former coworkers write [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] out when he had a catering order for one of them. I can’t even say what it was–I just “got” why [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] was so beautiful. I also love it because it’s my great-grandma’s middle name. I like some of its nns, too–[name_f]Amie[/name_f], [name_f]Mia[/name_f], [name_f]Lia[/name_f], even [name_f]Millie[/name_f].
  3. [name_u]Baylee[/name_u] - I used to love [name_u]Bailey[/name_u] for a girl–before I fell for [name_u]Bailey[/name_u] for a boy–but I’m not a huge fan of the alternate spellings. I can’t even see [name_u]Bailey[/name_u] for a girl, anymore, but I do remember why I liked it before, and so even though I don’t like it anymore I can’t really fault someone else for liking it. :slight_smile: And I can still appreciate my old combo–[name_u]Bailey[/name_u] [name_f]Maria[/name_f]–which still feels spunky and almost romantic together.
  4. [name_f]Calliope[/name_f] - I like [name_f]Calliope[/name_f] a lot, although I’m not sure I could ever pull off using it.
  5. [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] - I like [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] a lot, too! She’s pretty much been a lifetime love, although she’s not on my list now. I would love to know a little [name_f]Eliza[/name_f], though.
  6. [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] - My car’s name, ironically, is named [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] (nn Liddy), and she’s a poop. I go between appreciating [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] and not being able to get on board because of my stupid car, lol. I am starting to appreciate her all over again, though–the name, not the car!–so I can see why people love it. [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] has such charming nns, too–[name_f]Ella[/name_f], [name_f]Lola[/name_f], Liddy, even [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] as a stretch! It’s a pretty name.
  7. [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] - [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] I’ve never really liked, for whatever reason. It feels rather like [name_f]Mabel[/name_f], which I also dislike (I feel like I’ve just committed Nameberry sacrilege!). I do like a lot of [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] variants, but if I were to use a nn for [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] as a given name, it’d probably be [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] (although, [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] legitimately stands on her own two feet…).
  8. [name_u]Meredith[/name_u] - I used to like [name_u]Meredith[/name_u] but it’s not really my thing anymore. I do love [name_f]Edith[/name_f], and [name_f]Mary[/name_f], though, so I wish I could appreciate [name_u]Meredith[/name_u]. I think the nns [name_f]Mary[/name_f] and [name_f]Edie[/name_f] would be pretty cute for it.
  9. [name_f]Stella[/name_f] - I’ve never been able to see [name_f]Stella[/name_f]'s appeal, much as I love astronomy and wish I could get into [name_f]Stella[/name_f] for that reason. I like [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] and just [name_f]Ella[/name_f] much more, but even [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] I’m not wildly fond of.
  10. [name_f]Sofia[/name_f] - le swoon. I love [name_f]Sofia[/name_f]! I went through a phase of loving [name_f]Sophia[/name_f]/[name_f]Sophie[/name_f], but eventually bored of it after hearing it so much, but [name_f]Sofia[/name_f], despite the fact that it sounds the same as the others, just has so much spunk and international appeal! She could be from the United States, [name_f]Italy[/name_f], Greece, [name_f]Argentina[/name_f], or even Norway! She’s a MN on my own list ([name_f]Adele[/name_f] [name_f]Sofia[/name_f] [name_u]Eloise[/name_u]), but she has family significance for me, and I’m thinking of bumping her up to the FN spot, too. I love your [name_f]Sofia[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] in your signature!

[name_f]Sofia[/name_f], [name_f]Elodie[/name_f], and [name_f]Calliope[/name_f] are my favorites for now! I love [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f], [name_f]Eliza[/name_f], and [name_f]Amelia[/name_f], though, too.

Good luck!

Rating from 1-5. 5 is best.

[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] - 3
[name_f]Amelia[/name_f] - 3
[name_f]Calliope[/name_f] -3
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] - 3
[name_f]Elodie[/name_f] -2
[name_f]Maisie[/name_f] - 5
[name_u]Meredith[/name_u] - 5
[name_f]Stella[/name_f] - 3
[name_f]Sofia[/name_f] - 4

All your names are beautiful except [name_u]Baylee[/name_u]. It’s not a beautiful name. [name_u]Bailey[/name_u] was popular in the early 90s, and I’ve heard that many people with the name have been changing it now that they’re adults.

In order:

1. [name_f]Maisie[/name_f]
  2. [name_u]Meredith[/name_u]
  3. [name_f]Sofia[/name_f]
  4. [name_f]Stella[/name_f]
  5. [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
  6. [name_f]Calliope[/name_f]
  7. [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]
  8. [name_f]Amelia[/name_f]
  9. [name_f]Elodie[/name_f]

Sisters:
[name_f]Maisie[/name_f] and [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
[name_f]Sofia[/name_f] and [name_f]Stella[/name_f]

1. [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] - 3
  2. [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] - 2
  3. [name_u]Baylee[/name_u] - 1
  4. [name_f]Calliope[/name_f] - 1
  5. [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] - 5
  6. [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] - 3
  7. [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] - 2
  8. [name_u]Meredith[/name_u] - 5
  9. [name_f]Stella[/name_f] - 5
  10. [name_f]Sofia[/name_f] - 4

I actually agree with you about [name_u]Bailey[/name_u] for a boy! I personally prefer it more for a boy as well but my grandma’s name is [name_f]Carolyn[/name_f] [name_u]Baylee[/name_u] and I want to honor her :slight_smile:

So, [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] has been my #1 name since I was 12–long before it jumped back into the top 500. I love it! A couple years ago it was pretty big on nameberry and every single month had birth announcements of another new [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]. Anyway, it’s obviously not as popular on here now and I think some of that’s due to people tiring of it but it’s still relatively rare outside the name nerd world! Anyway, all that to say I still love [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]: it’s vintage, pretty, and long enough to have tons of nickname potential! That’s my #1 from your list. I like [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] or [name_f]Calliope[/name_f] with [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f], sound-wise. As far as vintage style goes, I think the best sister names for her on your list are [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] or [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]. Good luck!

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Elodie[/name_f], [name_f]Stella[/name_f], and [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]!

In order from favorite to least favorite:

1. [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
  2. [name_f]Elodie[/name_f]
  3. [name_f]Amelia[/name_f]
  4. [name_f]Stella[/name_f]
  5. [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]
  6. [name_u]Meredith[/name_u]
  7. [name_f]Maisie[/name_f]
  8. [name_u]Baylee[/name_u]
  9. [name_f]Sofia[/name_f]
  10. [name_f]Calliope[/name_f]

For sister duos I like [name_u]Meredith[/name_u] & [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f], [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] & [name_f]Stella[/name_f], [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] & [name_f]Elodie[/name_f], [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] & [name_u]Baylee[/name_u].

[name_u]Love[/name_u] the name [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]!