Rate our Girls list!

I think I finally have it narrowed down, but I am curious about opinions. Our last name is [name]Rose[/name].

[name]Penelope[/name] [name]Celeste[/name]
[name]Marlie[/name] [name]Celeste[/name]
[name]Marin[/name] [name]Celeste[/name]
[name]Blair[/name] [name]Celeste[/name]
[name]Lorelei[/name] [name]Celeste[/name]
[name]Loretta[/name] ([name]Etta[/name]) [name]Celeste[/name]
[name]Gloria[/name] [name]Celeste[/name]
[name]Erica[/name] [name]Celeste[/name]

From Best to worst

1.[name]Penelope[/name]
2.[name]Blair[/name]
3.[name]Gloria[/name]
4.[name]Lorelai[/name]
5.[name]Loretta[/name]
6.[name]Erica[/name]
7.[name]Marlie[/name]
8.[name]Marin[/name]

The only one from your list that I really dislike is [name]Marlie[/name] - it looks trendy and misspelled to me.

I really like the rest, especially [name]Penelope[/name].

1. [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Celeste[/name] - This is great. [name]Celeste[/name] pairs really well with [name]Penelope[/name]. Feels magical with both the call to the mythical figure and to the stars/heavens. Be aware of the repeating “el” sounds.

2. [name]Gloria[/name] [name]Celeste[/name] - [name]Gloria[/name] feels like a middle-aged name to me, but I think it’s ready to come back. A very big, magnificent name. Repeating L.

1. [name]Erica[/name] [name]Celeste[/name] - [name]Erica[/name] is a name that feels dated to me, but this is a perfectly fine combo.

2. [name]Lorelei[/name] [name]Celeste[/name] - Repeating Ls, but this is great. I really like it. I only put [name]Erica[/name] ahead of it because I’m not fond of the repeating L’s here.

The others don’t rank for me. [name]Blair[/name] seems to clash with [name]Celeste[/name] as far as imagery is concerned, [name]Marin[/name] is kind of meh, and [name]Marlie[/name] is super meh.

From best to worst:

1. [name]Erica[/name] - Although it might seem dated, it has an awesome meaning and is pleasing to the ear.
  2. [name]Lorelei[/name] - Feminine and uncommon.
  3. [name]Penelope[/name] - I like [name]Penelope[/name] it is sweet and spunky and would have been #2 on the list if it wasn’t for the Kardashians
  4. [name]Gloria[/name] - Not sure how I feel about this name.
  5. [name]Marin[/name] - I like it, but the pronunciation issues bother me.
  6. [name]Marlie[/name] - Reminds me of three things [name]Bob[/name] [name]Marley[/name], weed and dogs.
  7. [name]Blair[/name] - Not my style.
  8. [name]Loretta[/name] - Sounds like a middle-aged redneck.

Thanks for the advice! [name]Marlie[/name] was my favorite (My mom’s middle name is [name]Lee[/name] and my Aunt is [name]Mary[/name]).
But I like [name]Lorelei[/name] and [name]Penelope[/name] as well. [name]Penny[/name] is my sister’s name, so I’d want to call her [name]Nell[/name] to distinguish the two :slight_smile:

Siblings are [name]Gianna[/name] and [name]Elijah[/name]…

Honestly, your list looks really great to me! I like almost all of your names.
My favorites from your list would have to be:
[name]Penelope[/name] [name]Celeste[/name]
[name]Marlie[/name] [name]Celeste[/name]
[name]Gloria[/name] [name]Celeste[/name]
[name]Erica[/name] [name]Celeste[/name]

1. [name]Loretta[/name]. Although I don’t think it flows the best, I [name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Loretta[/name].
  2. [name]Marin[/name]. Very pretty and I like that it’s not extremely popular. A good choice.
  3. [name]Gloria[/name]. An interesting and beautiful name. I like it a lot.
  4. [name]Penelope[/name]. Would’ve been number 3, but [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Celeste[/name] is a little too “E” heavy for me.
  5. [name]Lorelei[/name]. It’s cute, but not my favorite.
  6. [name]Erica[/name]. Pretty but it feels very, very dated.
  7. [name]Blair[/name] - Although it’s a pretty significant family name for me, I think it’s a little dull and prefer it on a boy.
  8. [name]Marlie[/name]. Too trendy [name]IMO[/name]. I prefer the spelling [name]Marley[/name] by a long shot.

My top 3:

1. [name]Loretta[/name]
  2. [name]Erica[/name]
  3. [name]Lorelei[/name]

[name]Marin[/name] [name]Celeste[/name] [name]Rose[/name] is my favorite!

1. [name]Penelope[/name]
  2. [name]Marin[/name]
  3. [name]Marlie[/name] (I prefer [name]Marley[/name])
  4. [name]Lorelei[/name]
  5. [name]Blair[/name]
  6. [name]Gloria[/name]
  7. [name]Erica[/name]
  8. [name]Loretta[/name]

[name]Penelope[/name] is my favorite by far. I prefer [name]Blair[/name] on a boy. [name]Gloria[/name], [name]Erica[/name], and [name]Loretta[/name] are not my style.

1. [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Celeste[/name]
  2. [name]Lorelei[/name] [name]Celeste[/name]
  3. [name]Erica[/name] [name]Celeste[/name]
  4. [name]Blair[/name] [name]Celeste[/name] (although she might not like being “[name]Blair[/name] [name]Rose[/name]” as an adult - its really close to [name]Briar[/name] [name]Rose[/name] - it IS adorable for a child though)
  5. [name]Gloria[/name] [name]Celeste[/name]

[name]Don[/name]'t care much for …
[name]Marlie[/name] [name]Celeste[/name] (sorry - it sounds like a pet’s name to me. [name]Mary[/name] [name]Lee[/name] [name]Celeste[/name] would be better)… [name]Marin[/name] (its the name of a city near where I live - I just can’t see it as a viable name), [name]Loretta[/name] - NMS

I think many other posters have identified that [name]Celeste[/name] sounds best with a first name ending in a vowel; otherwise it sounds choppy. your other choices are formal, so [name]Marlie[/name] feels little-girl and out of place. [name]Gianna[/name] and [name]Elijah[/name] are both formal and history-laden, so [name]Marlie[/name] really wouldn’t work there.

I think honoring your family is lovely. What do you think of

[name]Marlene[/name] / [name]Marlena[/name]
[name]Mariella[/name]
[name]Marcella[/name]
Marilena
[name]Marilla[/name]
Marinela
Maristella

From favorite to least favorite:

1. [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Celeste[/name] - [name]Love[/name] [name]Penelope[/name] and the nickname [name]Nell[/name]; other nickname options are [name]Nellie[/name], [name]Ellie[/name], [name]Elle[/name], [name]Pippa[/name], [name]Ella[/name]
  2. [name]Marin[/name] [name]Celeste[/name] - This combo feels very fresh and unexpected to me; it’s almost tied with [name]Penelope[/name] (one of my all time faves) for first place!
  3. [name]Gloria[/name] [name]Celeste[/name] - I like these names together, and [name]Gloria[/name] [name]Rose[/name] is sweet.
  4. [name]Blair[/name] [name]Celeste[/name] - I like [name]Blair[/name], but not sure how I feel about the combo. [name]Celeste[/name] [name]Blair[/name] sounds better, [name]IMO[/name].
  5. [name]Lorelei[/name] [name]Celeste[/name] - [name]Lorelei[/name] is pretty and unusual (at least where I live), although I don’t love the meaning of “temptress”. But it sounds nice with the middle!
  6. [name]Marlie[/name] [name]Celeste[/name] - For some reason it looks a little made up to me, don’t know why. Maybe it would be better spelled [name]Marley[/name]?
  7. [name]Erica[/name] [name]Celeste[/name] - Feels very dated to me.
  8. [name]Loretta[/name] ([name]Etta[/name]) [name]Celeste[/name] - The only name I genuinely don’t care for. [name]Etta[/name] is the best nn option, but it still feels very old-lady to me. I have trouble seeing a baby called [name]Loretta[/name]. But that’s just me.

Good luck deciding - you have some really nice names here! If I were you, I would choose [name]Penelope[/name] or [name]Marin[/name], but of course, it’s up to you!

The only one I really love is [name]Lorelei[/name] [name]Celeste[/name], I actually used to have this combo on my list a long time ago. Someone else mentioned the repeated L sounds but that was actually a reason why I liked it. [name]Lorelei[/name] is feminine but anyone could wear it it’s not over the top frilly, which I like but a tomboy might not. I also like [name]Penelope[/name] but it’s nrms and I’ve been hearing it everywhere lately.

[name]Penelope[/name] [name]Celeste[/name] or [name]Marin[/name] [name]Celeste[/name] are my two favorite. The rest feel dated or trendy.

[name]Loretta[/name] ([name]Etta[/name]) [name]Celeste[/name] & [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Celeste[/name] are my two faves! [name]Both[/name] sounds great with your last name too.

I like [name]Penelope[/name] best [name]Penny[/name] for short.

The Kardashian’s ruined [name]Penelope[/name]