Rate the girl name!

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] everyone I posted in the “Boy [name_u]Baby[/name_u] Names” thread but I’m doing the same thing for girls. Please help me with what everyone thinks the best girl name is and rank them. I will take middle name suggestions but will probably go with [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] because of my late mother. Our last name is also pretty simple (Baker) so anything would go good with it!

1. [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] (Margaret)
  2. [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] (Margaret, Catherine)
  3. [name_f]Annie[/name_f] (Margaret, Catherine)
  4. [name_f]Lydia[/name_f] (any)
1 Like

[name_f]Lydia[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]

3 Likes

I’d rank them in the exact order you have listed them!

[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
[name_f]Annie[/name_f]
[name_f]Lydia[/name_f]

1 Like

I’d rank them:

1. [name_f]Lydia[/name_f]
  2. [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
  3. [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
  4. [name_f]Annie[/name_f]
3 Likes

[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] is my favourite!!

I’d rank them

[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
[name_f]Lydia[/name_f]
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
[name_f]Annie[/name_f]

But all are lovely!

2 Likes

I love [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]! [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] and [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] would be my next choices.

2 Likes
  1. [name_f]Lydia[/name_f]
  2. [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
  3. [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]

I like [name_f]Lydia[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] cause of the family name but I like [name_f]Lydia[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] cause it sounds softer and flows a bit better.

1 Like

[name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
[name_f]Lydia[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
[name_f]Annie[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_u]Ruby[/name_u] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]
[name_f]Annie[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f]
[name_f]Lydia[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]

I like the sound of [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] [name_u]Baker[/name_u] the most! Followed by [name_f]Lydia[/name_f]. I also love the names [name_f]Annie[/name_f] and [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]!

2 Likes

I’d rank them the same way you listed them!

1. [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
  2. [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
  3. [name_f]Annie[/name_f]
  4. [name_f]Lydia[/name_f]
1 Like

This is hard as I really do like all your 4 names. They all work well with either [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] or [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] in the middle too. Possibly [name_f]Lydia[/name_f] or [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] for my favourite. Much as I like [name_u]Ruby[/name_u], it’s probably the least good with [name_u]Baker[/name_u], though still possible if that was your favourite.

1: [name_f]Lydia[/name_f]
2: [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
3: [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
4: [name_f]Annie[/name_f]

1 Like

You have such lovely options! [name_f]My[/name_f] favorite is [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]. [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] sounds sweet and perpetually youthful, but not in a cutesy way. [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] is also cute, but sounds more old-lady. But not in a bad way; I really like it on a child. [name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Annie[/name_f] as a nickname, not as big a fan as a full name. [name_f]Lydia[/name_f] is very pretty and makes me think of an artsy or musical girl.

1. [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
  2. [name_f]Lydia[/name_f]
  3. [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
1 Like

I really like [name_f]Annie[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f], very girl next door

[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]- 7/10. I think of the movie I am sam, which is a great movie, although a little sad (Lucy in the sky with diamonds! :pleading_face:) [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] is a classic and so cute on a little girl, beautiful and mature on a grown woman.

[name_u]Ruby[/name_u]- 8/10 i LOVE [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]. Both [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] and [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] work beautifully.

[name_f]Annie[/name_f]- 6/10 this name is also really cute, but may be my least favorite only because it’s a little too nicknamey in my opinion. What about [name_f]Anna[/name_f]? (Although I’m not really into super common names) Either way, [name_f]Annie[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_u]Baker[/name_u] or [name_f]Annie[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] [name_u]Baker[/name_u] is a phenomenal well put together name.

[name_f]Lydia[/name_f]- 10/10 This is probably one of my favorites, I typed favorite, but then I thought of [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] and sweet [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] and had to only put “one of” my favorites from this list, as all your names are wonderful, classy and unique yet known and not overused. They are beautifully grounded and sound cute without trying to be trendy. I’ve absolutely LOVED lydia ever since [name_f]Winona[/name_f] [name_u]Ryder[/name_u] in Beetlejuice. I cant choose between [name_f]Lydia[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] or [name_f]Lydia[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] because they’re both so beautiful.

All in all, it’s your decision, and this is the only post I’ve ever answered without picking my favorite name, because usually there’s one that’s really nice but another that’s just kind of trendy or not my taste, but your names are wonderful and I know your daughter will be lucky with whatever you name her. I think if I had to pick, [name_f]Lydia[/name_f]. But [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] is super cute too. So is ruby, and honestly so is [name_f]Annie[/name_f]. Ahhh lol. Congratulations! (And maybe you could call her [name_f]Maisy[/name_f] every once in a while from [name_f]Margaret[/name_f], that would he super cute lol

mine goes:

annie catherine - two classics, you cant go wrong (i also think margaret is beautiful w annie)
lucy margaret - another timeless classic
ruby margaret - you could call her ruby pearl :pleading_face:
lydia catherine - not the biggest fan of lydia but it’s growing on me

I’d probably rank them:

1. [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] (Lucy [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] sounds lovely!)
  2. [name_f]Annie[/name_f] (I like [name_f]Annie[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] :grin:)
  3. [name_f]Lydia[/name_f] (I think [name_f]Lydia[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] sounds better and softer)
  4. [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] (either name sounds great!)
  1. Annie 9/10
  2. Ruby 8/10
  3. Lucy 7/10
  4. Lydia 7/10

Combos:
Annie Margaret 8/10
Annie Catherine 7.5/10
Ruby Margaret 6/10
Ruby Catherine 9/10
Lucy Margaret 6/10
Lydia Margaret 7/10
Lydia Catherine 8.5/10

I absolutely love your list! My favorite combo would probably be Ruby Catherine, but my favorite stand-alone name is definitely Annie. It’s classic, girly but not too feminine, and works on any age. Annie Margaret is also really cute, though I slightly prefer Anne Margaret and then nicknaming her Annie, just because it flows a little better.

Lucy Margaret and Lydia Catherine make for great combos as well! I could even see Anne/Annie Margaret and Lydia Catherine as potential sisters.

[name_f]My[/name_f] vote goes to [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]! Such a classic, joyful and timeless combo :heart_eyes:

In order from favorite to least favorite:

1. [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]
  2. [name_f]Annie[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]
  3. [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f]
  4. [name_f]Lydia[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]
  5. [name_f]Annie[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f]
  6. [name_f]Lydia[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f]