Rate the Previous Signature!

[name_m]Even[/name_m] if it might not change ours, we do love hearing other peoples opinions on our favourite names.
So as the title suggests, here you rate the previous poster’s signature, leave your own and wait for a rating.
Post and rate as often as you want!

COMMENTS on the names are APPRECIATED and might help more than a 1-10 rating :slight_smile:

Go! (And don’t forget to leave your signature)

Oh dear, this sounds like fun, but my sig is crammed with names. So for me, either only the top contenders or the boy names would suffice.

Okay, here we go:

[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]: Very nice. It is familiar, yet still uncommon. Very feminine without being too cutesy. I have to admit, I’m biased since my best friend named her daughter [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]. - 9

[name_f]Leonor[/name_f]: I like it, I prefer this one over [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]. I think it has more spunk. - 7.5

[name_f]Penelope[/name_f]: [name_f]Lovely[/name_f]. Although it can’t shake the movie out of my head about the girl with the pigsnose. - 7

[name_u]August[/name_u]: Very handsome. I do foresee a huge rise in popularity for [name_u]August[/name_u] and [name_m]Augustus[/name_m] due to The Fault in Our Stars. - 9

[name_m]Caspar[/name_m]: I actually prefer the [name_m]Casper[/name_m] spelling. But I know most shy away from that spelling because of the friendly ghost. Still like it though. - 7

[name_u]Elliott[/name_u]: I like this one. I don’t really know why, but I just really like the sound of it. - 6.8

[name_m]Oscar[/name_m]: The only one in your sig I am not fond of. I just don’t like it. Still usable though. [name_m]Just[/name_m] NMS - 5

[name_u]Theo[/name_u]: prefer it as a nickname, but it still has good standalone potential. - 6

[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] = 4/10 - pretty, but I always her “O feel ya” when I say it, which turns me off the name.
[name_f]Leonor[/name_f] = 6/10 - pretty, but makes me think of the laundry detergent [name_f]Lenor[/name_f]
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] = 8/10 - I really like this name, but I worry about it shooting up the charts. I’m also not too fond of the nn [name_u]Penny[/name_u]

[name_u]August[/name_u] = 9/10 - One of my favourite A names. I find it strong, masculine and has the very cute nn [name_u]Gus[/name_u]
[name_m]Caspar[/name_m] = 4/10 - I can only think of the ghost, sorry! I much prefer [name_m]Caspian[/name_m]
[name_u]Elliott[/name_u] = 8/10 - Good, strong name, but I worry about its trend of “going to the girls” (more of a problem in the US)
[name_m]Oscar[/name_m] = 8/10 - Really like this name, but I hear it more on dogs than people
[name_u]Theo[/name_u] = 9/10 - [name_u]LOVE[/name_u]! I would probably use the full [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] myself, but [name_u]Theo[/name_u] can stand well on its own - nice, strong and handsome

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourites are [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] and [name_u]August[/name_u] :slight_smile: x

[name_f]EDIT[/name_f]: [name_m]Just[/name_m] realised someone jumped in before me, so these answers relate to the OP’s signature!

[name_f]Adelina[/name_f]: NMS, but not bad.
[name_f]Sophia[/name_f]: Good, but I have a sad association with it. :frowning:
[name_f]Magdalena[/name_f]: I prefer [name_f]Magdalen[/name_f].
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]: Good, has lots of great nicknames.
[name_f]Isla[/name_f]: Good.
Aveine: Prefer [name_u]Abilene[/name_u]
[name_m]Leo[/name_m]: Good, better as a nn for [name_m]Leopold[/name_m].
[name_m]Xavier[/name_m]: Awesome!
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m]: Great! I like the nn [name_m]Alec[/name_m].
[name_m]George[/name_m]: Okay, not my favorite.
[name_m]Thomas[/name_m]: [name_u]Love[/name_u], especially w/ nn [name_m]Tom[/name_m].
[name_m]Archie[/name_m]: NMS.

[name_f]Joy[/name_f]: [name_u]Love[/name_u]
[name_f]Beline[/name_f]: Eh.
[name_f]Emiliana[/name_f]: Always felt too elaborate, but I like [name_f]Rosalina[/name_f] so that’s hypocritical of me. :stuck_out_tongue:
[name_f]Melusine[/name_f]: I dislike it.
[name_f]Desiree[/name_f]: I know one. She’s okay but not my favorite person.
[name_m]Amadeus[/name_m]: <3 <3 <3
Tristan: YES!
Octavius: Great. :slight_smile:
Joshua: Good.

All of your GP crushes: NMS but okay. Cherish just sounds like Cherries with a speech impediment, sorry.
Overall I like your list.

Millia’s signature
Top Contenders
[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] [name_f]Joanna[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]: [name_u]Love[/name_u] the flow. [name_f]Joanna[/name_f] is NMS, I find it dated. [name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] and [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]! I think this works wonderfully with [name_f]Florence[/name_f]. 8/10
[name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] [name_f]Eva[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f]: [name_f]My[/name_f] favorite of your top contenders. [name_u]Love[/name_u] all these names and how the flow together. 8.5/10
[name_f]Marie[/name_f] [name_f]Elisa[/name_f] [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]: I like all these names but together there isn’t a wow factor for me. 6/10
[name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Roana[/name_f] [name_f]Colette[/name_f] “[name_f]Libby[/name_f]”: [name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Roana[/name_f] and [name_f]Colette[/name_f]! I’m indifferent to [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f]. 7/10
[name_f]My[/name_f] favorites from your other girl names
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Amabel[/name_f] [name_u]Sage[/name_u]: 9/10
[name_f]Imogen[/name_f] [name_f]Delia[/name_f] [name_f]Eve[/name_f]: 9/10
[name_f]Hermione[/name_f] [name_f]Aria[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]: 8/10
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] [name_f]Mercy[/name_f] Liara: 8.5/10

[name_u]Galen[/name_u] [name_m]Joshua[/name_m]: I want to like [name_u]Galen[/name_u] but I can’t get past the first syllable. I’ve never been a fan of [name_m]Joshua[/name_m]. 4/10
[name_u]Auden[/name_u] [name_m]Charles[/name_m]: I’m neutral on this one. 5/10
[name_m]Soren[/name_m] [name_m]Milo[/name_m]: [name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_m]Milo[/name_m] and [name_m]Soren[/name_m]. 7/10
[name_m]Philo[/name_m] [name_u]Avery[/name_u]: [name_m]Philo[/name_m] is NMS. 3/10
Ness [name_m]Xavier[/name_m]: Ness is NMS. 3/10
[name_u]Bryce[/name_u] [name_m]Alistair[/name_m]: 6/10
[name_m]Elijah[/name_m] [name_m]Caine[/name_m]: 6/10

Oh, this should be fun.

[name_f]Maeve[/name_f]: 8/10. Spunky, lovely, on-trend Irish revival that probably won’t stay unusual for long.
[name_f]Keira[/name_f]: 3/10. Nice sound, but very dated.
[name_f]Gwen[/name_f]: 5/10. [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] is a familiar name with a distinctive sound, making her a sweet spot choice. Still, I prefer [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] as a nn for [name_f]Gwyneira[/name_f] or [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f].
[name_f]Eve[/name_f]: 10/10. Simple, beautiful, historical, evocative, versatile…[name_f]Eve[/name_f] is perfection.
[name_f]Adeline[/name_f]: 6/10. Prefer [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] or [name_f]Ada[/name_f].
[name_f]Claire[/name_f]: 8/10. Like [name_f]Eve[/name_f], practically perfect in every way – but a little tired. I prefer [name_f]Clara[/name_f].
[name_f]Arianne[/name_f]: 6/10. Sounds like “[name_m]Aryan[/name_m]” to me.
[name_f]Lila[/name_f]: 8/10. One of those gorgeous, lilting L-heavy names ([name_f]Ella[/name_f], [name_f]Leila[/name_f]) that’s on-trend but hasn’t yet tipped over into trendy. Personally, I like the [name_f]Lilah[/name_f] spelling.
[name_f]Elsa[/name_f]: 6/10. Sweet, but a bit milkmaid-ish.
[name_u]Mica[/name_u]/[name_u]Micah[/name_u]: 0/10. Boy’s name.
[name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]: 9/10. A fabulous, clunky-elegant [name_f]Emma[/name_f]/[name_f]Emily[/name_f] alternative. I can see this name rising fast.
[name_f]Anna[/name_f]: 10/10. She’s the perfect sister for [name_f]Eve[/name_f]: understated, feminine, and strong.
[name_f]Lena[/name_f]: 6/10. NMS, but definitely solid and underused.
[name_f]Cassia[/name_f]: 8/10. Beautiful and evocative, but [name_f]Cassie[/name_f] is a dated and probably inevitable nickname.
[name_f]Faye[/name_f]: 9/10. It’s on my list. Sheer simple gorgeousness.
[name_f]Liana[/name_f]: 2/10. A smoosh without substance.
[name_u]Piper[/name_u]: 5/10. Cute, but flimsy.
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]: 9/10. Would be a 10 if it wasn’t so popular! [name_f]Violet[/name_f] is at once strong and whimsical, clever and lovely.
[name_f]Nina[/name_f]: 10/10. [name_f]Nina[/name_f] is smashing. She deserves more love.
[name_f]Carys[/name_f]: 8/10. Simply lovely in both sound and meaning. I think we’ll be hearing a lot more of [name_f]Carys[/name_f] (and [name_u]Seren[/name_u]).

[name_u]Rhys[/name_u]: 9/10. Simple, streamlined, and strong.
[name_u]Owen[/name_u]: 4/10. I really don’t see the appeal.
[name_u]Flynn[/name_u]: 7/10: [name_u]Rhys[/name_u]'s jauntier cousin.
[name_m]Lucas[/name_m]: 7/10. Great name, but rising fast, and not exactly distinctive.
[name_m]Lorcan[/name_m]: 6/10. I want to like [name_m]Lorcan[/name_m], but the sound is so harsh to my ears.
[name_m]Caleb[/name_m]: 8/10. Handsome, historical, but overused.
[name_m]Ronan[/name_m]: 8/10. I could see [name_m]Ronan[/name_m] as a brother for [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]. A wonderful Irish revival.
[name_m]Archer[/name_m]: 6/10. I really like [name_m]Archer[/name_m], but he’s definitely megatrendy – the successor to [name_m]Cooper[/name_m] and [name_u]Carter[/name_u]. It’s such a shame, because this is a great name.
[name_m]Graham[/name_m]: 5/10. Serious, solid, but still associated with the cracker to me.
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m]: 6/10. He’d be a 10/10 if I didn’t know SO many people of all genders named [name_u]Alex[/name_u].
[name_m]Henry[/name_m]:
[name_m]Jack[/name_m]: 9/10. Affable, versatile, international, and full of charm. Like [name_m]Alexander[/name_m], [name_m]Jack[/name_m] would be a 10/10 if he wasn’t so popular.
[name_m]Ian[/name_m]: 7/10. Not my favorite, but still a great, underused choice.
[name_u]Seth[/name_u]: 7/10. See [name_m]Ian[/name_m].
[name_m]Miles[/name_m]: 7/10. Prefer [name_m]Milo[/name_m].
[name_m]Cian[/name_m]: 5/10. I much prefer the [name_u]Cyan[/name_u] spelling.
[name_u]Sawyer[/name_u]: 5/10. Great sound, but megatrendy, and with less substance than the rather similar [name_m]Archer[/name_m].
[name_u]Emmett[/name_u]: 7/10. See [name_m]Miles[/name_m] and [name_m]Ian[/name_m].

From your GPs, I like:
[name_m]Perseus[/name_m]
[name_m]Hamish[/name_m]
[name_m]Cassian[/name_m]
[name_u]Asa[/name_u]
[name_f]Lavender[/name_f]
[name_u]Winter[/name_u]
[name_f]Mireille[/name_f]
[name_f]Azalea[/name_f]

Lavenderbelle’s signature.
[name_f]May[/name_f] I just say that I adore the name [name_m]Rufus[/name_m]? Thanks :).

[name_f]Maeve[/name_f]: [name_f]Lovely[/name_f], mauve tinted choice. Pretty and lacy without being overly frilly, and still a lovely strong name. 9/10
[name_f]Keira[/name_f]: NMS, but it has a lovely luscious image. 6.5/10
[name_f]Gwen[/name_f]: NMS, but very punchy and spunky. 6.5/10
[name_f]Eve[/name_f]: Gorgeous: Simple, sophisticated, strong and timeless. [name_f]Eve[/name_f] is stunning. 10/10
[name_f]Adeline[/name_f]: NMS (I prefer [name_f]Madeline[/name_f]), but still lovely. 6.5/10
[name_f]Claire[/name_f]: See [name_f]Eve[/name_f].
[name_f]Arianne[/name_f]: NMS, but still a nice name. 6/10
[name_f]Lila[/name_f]: NMS, but still a nice name (I just don’t like the ‘eye’ sound for some reason, with the exception of -line ending names). 5/10
[name_f]Elsa[/name_f]: [name_f]Lovely[/name_f] choice- stunning, with a vintagey aura (I also love [name_f]Elsie[/name_f], [name_f]Elspeth[/name_f] and [name_f]Elke[/name_f]). 9/10
[name_u]Mica[/name_u]: I really like the mee-kah pronunciation, but I’m not a huge fan of the my-cah pronunciation. I personally don’t generally like the ‘eye’ sound. If it is mee-kah: 8/10. If it is my-cah 5/10
[name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]: NMS, but sweet and vintage and a lot of honest charm. 7/10
[name_f]Anna[/name_f]: A gorgeous classic, I also love [name_f]Anne[/name_f]. 8.5/10
[name_f]Lena[/name_f]: Simple and sweet, yet still strong, I like it. 7/10
[name_f]Cassia[/name_f]: NMS, but still nice. 6.5/10
[name_f]Faye[/name_f]: Perfection. I adore [name_f]Faye[/name_f]: 10/10.
[name_f]Liana[/name_f]: NMS, but I can see the appeal. 5/10
[name_u]Piper[/name_u]: I really don’t like the slang meaning of this name. 4/10
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]: NMS (I love [name_f]Viola[/name_f] though), but it has a lot of spunk. 7.7/10
[name_f]Nina[/name_f]: Sweet and simple, but still strong. 7/10
[name_f]Carys[/name_f]: Gorgeous! ([name_f]Faye[/name_f], [name_f]Eve[/name_f] and [name_f]Carys[/name_f] are my favourites). 10/10

[name_u]Rhys[/name_u]: NMS, but still nice enough. 6/10
[name_u]Owen[/name_u]: Ditto
[name_u]Flynn[/name_u]: NMS, but still nice. 7/10
[name_m]Lucas[/name_m]: Ditto
[name_m]Lorcan[/name_m]: Ditto
[name_m]Caleb[/name_m]: NMS, I really really cannot stand this name (I am not quite sure why). 4/10
[name_m]Ronan[/name_m]: Ditto
[name_m]Archer[/name_m]: Ditto
[name_m]Graham[/name_m]: [name_m]Graham[/name_m] really has been growing on me: 10/10
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m]: A nice name, but I am personally a bit tired of it. I know so many [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]‘s, [name_u]Alexis[/name_u]’, [name_u]Alex[/name_u]'s, [name_m]Xander[/name_m]'s, [name_f]Alexa[/name_f]'s, [name_u]Lexie[/name_u]'s, etc., that I am just a bit over [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]. 6/10
[name_m]Henry[/name_m]: [name_f]Lovely[/name_f] classic. It isn’t super common either. I prefer the Italian variation [name_m]Enzo[/name_m], but [name_m]Henry[/name_m] is still lovely. 8.5/10
[name_m]Jack[/name_m]: NMS, but cool and spunky. I just prefer [name_m]Joe[/name_m] or [name_m]John[/name_m]. 8/10
[name_m]Ian[/name_m]: Perfection! A really really wonderful name. 10/10
[name_u]Seth[/name_u]: NMS, and most little kids cannot really say it, but still a nice name. 7/10
[name_m]Miles[/name_m]: Sleek, friendly and jazzy cool. I love [name_m]Miles[/name_m] 9/10
[name_m]Cian[/name_m]: NMS, but still a nice enough name. I don’t think most people will get the pronunciation right first try though. 6/10
[name_u]Sawyer[/name_u]: NMS, but still a nice enough name. 6/10
[name_u]Emmett[/name_u]: A lovely choice. 7.7/10

[name_m]Perseus[/name_m]: Über cool- I love it! 9/10
[name_m]Hamish[/name_m]: I actually know a few [name_m]Hamish[/name_m]'s, so I personally don’t really see why it is a GP, but horses for courses. 9/10
[name_u]Mason[/name_u]: Ditto [name_m]Hamish[/name_m]. 6/10
[name_m]Shep[/name_m]: I love it! Really spunky. I could definitely see this working in real life :slight_smile: 10/10
[name_m]Cassian[/name_m]: [name_f]Regal[/name_f] ans stunning- I also love [name_m]Cassiel[/name_m]. 10/10
[name_u]Asa[/name_u]: Strong Biblical choice. [name_f]Lovely[/name_f]. 9/10
[name_f]Lavender[/name_f]: Stunning name, I love it! 10/10
[name_f]Elula[/name_f]: I could definitely see this working, with [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f] being so ‘hip’, for lack of a better term. 9/10
[name_u]Winter[/name_u]: NMS, but still a lovely name. 7/10
[name_f]Mireille[/name_f]: Stunning name! [name_f]Lovely[/name_f]. 10/10
[name_f]Ophelie[/name_f]: Ditto [name_f]Mireille[/name_f].
[name_f]Azalea[/name_f] / Azelie: [name_m]Both[/name_m] are stunning- 9/10

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourites: [name_f]Faye[/name_f], [name_f]Eve[/name_f], [name_f]Carys[/name_f], [name_m]Graham[/name_m], [name_m]Ian[/name_m], [name_m]Cassian[/name_m], [name_f]Lavender[/name_f], [name_f]Mireille[/name_f], [name_f]Ophelie[/name_f].

[name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_u]Sailor[/name_u]–[name_u]Sailor[/name_u] is NMS.
[name_f]Faye[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]–Pretty, but I prefer [name_f]Fae[/name_f].
[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Winifred[/name_f]–NMS, [name_f]Winifred[/name_f] is okay. [name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Atlas[/name_m]–Awesome.
[name_m]Atlas[/name_m] [name_m]Dov[/name_m]–[name_u]Dove[/name_u] is good on a girl, but [name_m]Dov[/name_m] on a boy is NMS. [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Violetta[/name_f]-- Pretty.[name_m]Lucien[/name_m] Wilde–NMS. [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]-- good, I don’t care for [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f]. [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f]–same. [name_m]Jack[/name_m] Mariner-I don’t like Mariner. [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u] [name_m]Charles[/name_m]–Ehhh. or [name_u]Roscoe[/name_u] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]–Great. | [name_m]Charles[/name_m] ’ [name_u]Charlie[/name_u]’ [name_u]Wallace[/name_u]–NMS. or [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] ‘[name_f]Maggie[/name_f]’ [name_u]Wynn[/name_u]–NMS. | [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f]–Doesn’t flow well to me. or [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_m]Darwin[/name_m]–I’m a [name_m]Christian[/name_m] so I dislike [name_m]Darwin[/name_m] by default. | [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]–Good. or [name_f]Thea[/name_f] [name_f]Marina[/name_f]–NMS. | [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] [name_m]Augustus[/name_m]–Great! or [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] ‘[name_u]June[/name_u]’ Lovelace–Loveday is better, [name_f]IMO[/name_f]. | [name_m]Julian[/name_m] [name_m]Felix[/name_m]–Okay. or [name_m]Judah[/name_m] ‘[name_u]Jude[/name_u]’ [name_u]Reeve[/name_u]–I dislike [name_m]Judah[/name_m] and [name_u]Reeve[/name_u], but [name_u]Jude[/name_u] is good.

Sorry, @nooshi. I didn’t mean to skip you.

I just realised [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] [name_u]Lee[/name_u] beat me too it :).
Oh well. [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] [name_u]Lee[/name_u]'s signature:

[name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_u]Sailor[/name_u] or [name_f]Faye[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]: [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] and [name_f]Faye[/name_f] are gorgeous and stunning. I am personally not a big fan of [name_u]Sailor[/name_u], partly because she was very very trendy in my area about 7 years ago (a has been successor to [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] / [name_u]Tailor[/name_u] / [name_f]Tayla[/name_f] / Taylah, etc.), and now there are a tonne of [name_u]Sailor[/name_u]'s / Sayla’s / Seylah’s, etc. [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_u]Sailor[/name_u]: 6/10. [name_f]Faye[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]: 10/10

[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Winifred[/name_f] or [name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Atlas[/name_m]: [name_m]Both[/name_m] are stunning! I cannot decide. 10/10

[name_m]Atlas[/name_m] [name_m]Dov[/name_m] or [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Violetta[/name_f]: Not a bit fan of [name_f]Alice[/name_f], but it is a gorgeous combo. [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] [name_m]Dov[/name_m] is great! I used to not really like [name_m]Atlas[/name_m], due to the [name_m]Titan[/name_m] who had to hold up the world, but there is also that wonderful book [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] Shrugged. [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] [name_m]Dov[/name_m]: 10/10. [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Violetta[/name_f]: 9/10.

[name_m]Lucien[/name_m] Wilde or [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]: I love [name_m]Lucien[/name_m] and [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]. Not a bit fan of Wilde, simply because the meaning doesn’t have great connotations. [name_m]Lucien[/name_m] Wilde: 6/10. [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]: 10/10

[name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f] or [name_m]Jack[/name_m] Mariner: [name_m]Both[/name_m] are really lovely. I am not a huge fan of [name_m]Jack[/name_m], but it really works here. 9/10

[name_u]Marlowe[/name_u] [name_m]Charles[/name_m] or [name_u]Roscoe[/name_u] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]: Neither are my style, a bit trendy (?) for my taste- both are still good names. I love [name_m]Charles[/name_m] though. 4/10

[name_m]Charles[/name_m] ’ [name_u]Charlie[/name_u]’ [name_u]Wallace[/name_u] or [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] ‘[name_f]Maggie[/name_f]’ [name_u]Wynn[/name_u]: [name_m]Charles[/name_m] [name_u]Wallace[/name_u] is great! Perfection. I used to not like [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] at all, but she has certainly grown on me! 10/10 for both.

[name_f]Eloise[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f] or [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_m]Darwin[/name_m]: I love them both, but I prefer [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f] by a smidgen- [name_m]Darwin[/name_m] is a fantastic middle name though. [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_m]Darwin[/name_m]: 9/10. [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f]: 10/10

[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] or [name_f]Thea[/name_f] [name_f]Marina[/name_f]: [name_m]Both[/name_m] are stunning, but with [name_f]Thea[/name_f] [name_f]Marina[/name_f], I am sort of tempted to say [name_f]Thea[/name_f] [name_f]Maria[/name_f]. [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]: 10/10. [name_f]Thea[/name_f] [name_f]Marina[/name_f]: 8/10

[name_m]Jasper[/name_m] [name_m]Augustus[/name_m] or [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] ‘[name_u]June[/name_u]’ Lovelace: I really don’t like [name_m]Jasper[/name_m]: where I live, it is in the same league as [name_m]Jaxon[/name_m] / [name_u]Jayden[/name_u] for the last 10 years, and I cannot stand it. It is still a fine name though, and I love [name_m]Casper[/name_m]. [name_m]Augustus[/name_m] is lovely, as is Lovelace- both are stunning names. I would prefer [name_f]Juno[/name_f] or [name_u]June[/name_u] to [name_u]Juniper[/name_u], simply because most people only have the alcoholic connection to [name_u]Juniper[/name_u]. [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] [name_m]Augustus[/name_m]: 4/10. [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] Lovelace: 6/10

[name_m]Julian[/name_m] [name_m]Felix[/name_m] or [name_m]Judah[/name_m] ‘[name_u]Jude[/name_u]’ [name_u]Reeve[/name_u]: Neither are my style, but both are lovely names. [name_m]Julian[/name_m] [name_m]Felix[/name_m]: 8/10. [name_m]Judah[/name_m] [name_u]Reeve[/name_u]: 7/10

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourites: [name_f]Faye[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f], [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Winifred[/name_f], [name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Atlas[/name_m], [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] [name_m]Dov[/name_m], [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f], [name_m]Charles[/name_m] [name_u]Wallace[/name_u], [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_u]Wynn[/name_u], [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f], [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f].

Ok, since you put OR I assume you’d use only one of the two; and going in that direction, I can choose which one I like better :3
So, here we go…
*[name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_u]Sailor[/name_u] or [name_f]Faye[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] - ohhh, I like both of them! I always thought of [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] as of a girl with messy hair, and big nerdy glasses with her head in the clouds. I like unusual [name_u]Sailor[/name_u] (tho never been a fan of such names, it grown on me lately). I also like [name_f]Faye[/name_f] a lot, it seems not to be so popular and is kind of refreshing in sound. FM - 9/10. MS - 7/10.
*[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_f]Winifred[/name_f] or [name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] - definitely [name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Atlas[/name_m]. [name_m]Just[/name_m] recently discovered how lovely the name [name_m]Simon[/name_m] is. An unusual name is ok, tho I’d make it a little bit longer as 5-5letter combo doesn’t speak to me so much… I like [name_f]Winifred[/name_f], and I’m not a fan of [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f], tho it’s not so bad. 7/10.
*[name_m]Atlas[/name_m] [name_m]Dov[/name_m] or [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Violetta[/name_f] - not sure about [name_m]Dov[/name_m] thing, my vote goes to [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Violetta[/name_f]. [name_f]Alice[/name_f] is a little bland to me, but I used to love [name_f]Alicia[/name_f] long time ago. [name_f]Violetta[/name_f] Villas was a very popular singer, and so I cannot skip this association in my head. Combo gets only 3/10.
*[name_m]Lucien[/name_m] Wilde or [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] - I really like [name_m]Lucien[/name_m] and love [name_f]Jane[/name_f]. Not a fan of [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f]… So I go for [name_m]Lucien[/name_m] Wilde. [name_m]Both[/name_m] 5/10.
*[name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f] or [name_m]Jack[/name_m] Mariner - love [name_f]Jane[/name_f] and [name_m]Jack[/name_m]. I’m stuck, as I dislike both [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f] and Mariner… but I think [name_m]Jack[/name_m] Mariner sounds a little bit better than [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f]. 5/10
*[name_u]Marlowe[/name_u] [name_m]Charles[/name_m] or [name_u]Roscoe[/name_u] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] - here we go again - an established classic with some modern twist, which is not really my cup of tea :slight_smile: I vote for [name_u]Roscoe[/name_u] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m], let’s be brave for once! ; ) [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u] sounds a bit feminine to me, but both will get 6/10.
*[name_m]Charles[/name_m] ’ [name_u]Charlie[/name_u]’ [name_u]Wallace[/name_u] or [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] ‘[name_f]Maggie[/name_f]’ [name_u]Wynn[/name_u] - I really like [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] and [name_u]Wallace[/name_u]! Perfect spots (first & middle). Slightly prefer [name_f]Maggie[/name_f]. 8/10
*[name_f]Eloise[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f] or [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_m]Darwin[/name_m] - like [name_f]Lily[/name_f] a lot, but prefer [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_m]Darwin[/name_m]. [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f] gets 6/10, [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_m]Darwin[/name_m] - 7/10.
*[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] or [name_f]Thea[/name_f] [name_f]Marina[/name_f] - really like [name_f]Iris[/name_f] & [name_f]Marina[/name_f]… how about [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Marina[/name_f]? No, seriously, very nice combos. 7/10 & 8/10.
*[name_m]Jasper[/name_m] [name_m]Augustus[/name_m] or [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] ‘[name_u]June[/name_u]’ Lovelace - [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] [name_m]Augustus[/name_m] is a winner here, since I simply don’t understand the [name_u]Juniper[/name_u]'s adoration. If it was a [name_u]June[/name_u] Lovelace, it’d be a winner tho. 7/10 & 3/10.
*[name_m]Julian[/name_m] [name_m]Felix[/name_m] or [name_m]Judah[/name_m] ‘[name_u]Jude[/name_u]’ [name_u]Reeve[/name_u] - I find names like [name_m]Julian[/name_m] or [name_m]Felix[/name_m] very handsome and charming. [name_u]Reeve[/name_u] is not so bad either, thought I just don’t like the sound of [name_m]Judah[/name_m]. [name_m]Julian[/name_m] [name_m]Felix[/name_m] is 10/10, [name_m]Judah[/name_m] [name_u]Reeve[/name_u] gets 4/10.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] you enjoyed reading my comments :slight_smile:
For the next poster, you might consider [name_f]Florentyna[/name_f], [name_f]Ernestyna[/name_f], [name_f]Celestyna[/name_f], Hildegarda nn [name_f]Hilda[/name_f] & [name_f]Leonarda[/name_f] are all foreign spellings; plus, the first four are only very new crushes, so I have 'em in my signature to figure out if it’s a true love or just a crush. [name_f]Solstice[/name_f] & [name_f]Melisent[/name_f] are my GP’s tho. Looking forward to hear what you think!

!!! Great I just realised how we all posted in like, similar time! Raevynstar, you got it first! Tho I refreshed the page to see if nobody already commented, and there was a ‘green light’, ha! So, idk what happens next… maybe the poster AFTER geeknamezyo gets to comment on both me and geeknamezyo? WDYT?

Mary - 5/10; it’s NMS but I like seeing it around.
Ophelia - 8.5/10. A popular choice here on NB that has all my favorite sounds in it.
Lily - 6.5/10. A slightly bland but very pleasant name.
Genevieve - 7/10. A very fun name, but confusing because of its varying pronunciations.
Elsa - 7/10. I’m not especially a fan of Frozen, but I’m a semi-fan of this name.
Agatha - 4/10. NMS, but I appreciate its boldness.
Gwyneth - 4/10. So close to my own name that, as I’ve mentioned in previous posts, I’ve built up some ill will toward it!
Blanche - 4/10. Same deal as Agatha.
Kate - 8/10. Not the most interesting name ever, but it’s solid, pretty, and fun.
Florence - 4/10. Ditto Agatha and Blanche.
Nessie - 8/10. I think it’s best as a nickname, but I really like it. Very cute.
Dylan - 6/10. I don’t mind it on a girl, but I think there are better options out there.

Finn - 9.5/10. Love it.
Cove - 6/10. Kinda cool. I see it as a nature-y spin on Cole.
Augustus - 8/10. I really like it, and the nn Gus, but prefer the slightly simpler August.
Alfie - 6/10. I like it but don’t see it aging all that well.
Todd - 5/10. It’s kind of a wallflower name, IMO.
Harry - 8/10. Very likable.
Dylan - 6/10. I feel almost the same about it on a boy as on a girl.
Jericho - 6/10. Too overtly biblical for my own taste, but still kind of a cool name.
Alistair - 9.5/10. Fantastic.
Melchior - 8/10. Not super wearable, but pretty awesome.
Wesley - 8/10. One of my favorites in the top 100.

Momo reminds me very much of the story by [name_u]Michael[/name_u] Ende and therefore my childhood. I’m not a huge fan of names that only have two letters/sounds in total ([name_f]Anna[/name_f], [name_f]Lily[/name_f], etc.) but Momo is really interesting!
[name_f]Flora[/name_f] is one of my personal favourites and I absolutely love her. 8/10

[name_f]Dossie[/name_f] [name_m]Roland[/name_m] is just not my style so I shouldn’t rate it.

Raevyn [name_f]Star[/name_f] beat me :).
Raevyn [name_f]Star[/name_f]'s signature:

[name_f]Mary[/name_f]: Perfection- 10/10
[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]: Beautiful, but I cannot get past the Shakespearian connection. I prefer [name_f]Ofelia[/name_f] for this reason. 8/10
[name_f]Lily[/name_f]: [name_f]Lovely[/name_f]! Beautiful floral name: 8/10
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]: Beautiful, I love it. 9/10
[name_f]Elsa[/name_f]: Gorgeous vintage name. 8/10
[name_f]Agatha[/name_f]: Perfection: 10/10
[name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f]: NMS, but a fine name. 6/10
[name_f]Blanche[/name_f]: Something you do to almonds or what happens when the colour drains from your face. I can see the appeal, but it is too much like ‘blanch.’
[name_f]Kate[/name_f]: Meh, I don’t really have an opinion on [name_f]Kate[/name_f]. 5/10
[name_f]Florence[/name_f]: Gorgeous! Utter perfection- 10/10
[name_f]Nessie[/name_f]: I like it, but there will be a lot of [name_m]Loch[/name_m] Ness monster jokes- [name_f]Nessa[/name_f], Ness, [name_f]Nellie[/name_f], [name_f]Bessie[/name_f], [name_f]Tessie[/name_f] or [name_f]Essie[/name_f] would be more fool proof. 6/10
[name_u]Dylan[/name_u]: NMS, but it is a nice name (I don’t care for it for boys either): 6/10

[name_u]Finn[/name_u]: Meh, I can see the appeal, but it doesn’t do anything for me. 5/10
[name_m]Cove[/name_m]: [name_u]LOVE[/name_u]! 10/10
[name_m]Augustus[/name_m]: Stunning name 10/10.
[name_u]Alfie[/name_u]: NMS, but still very spunky. 7/10
[name_m]Todd[/name_m]: I like it- I think [name_m]Todd[/name_m] could make a comeback, along with [name_m]Scott[/name_m]. 10/10
[name_m]Harry[/name_m]: I prefer [name_m]Hal[/name_m], [name_m]Hale[/name_m], [name_m]Hank[/name_m] or [name_m]Henry[/name_m], but [name_m]Harry[/name_m] is still great: 9/10.
[name_u]Dylan[/name_u]: NMS, but still a nice name. 6/10.
[name_u]Jericho[/name_u]: Cool way to update [name_u]Jerry[/name_u]: 7/10
[name_m]Alistair[/name_m]: NMS, I know so many [name_m]Alistair[/name_m]'s that I am personally a bit tired of it. 5/10
[name_m]Melchior[/name_m]: It reminds me too much of the word melancholy. I can see the appeal though: 5/10
[name_m]Wesley[/name_m]: [name_f]My[/name_f] mother’s maiden name: I love it! 10/10

Thanks. :slight_smile:
Please disregard this message if you’re not @nooshi. I’m replying to that user and that user only, I don’t want my names rated too many times! :slight_smile:

Yikes, these posts are piling up on top of each other. Since no one’s done senseandsensibility yet, I’ll go back and do hers here, and the next person can do Opheliaflora’s? I don’t mind if mine get skipped.

Aria - 8/10. Pretty, and I like it better than the Arya version.
Cecilia - 9/10. Classic and lovely.
Francesca - 6.5/10 - NMS, but I see the appeal; it has a lot of substance.
Marianne - 6/10. You really did like Sense and Sensibility, huh? :wink: A nice smoosh name, but not especially interesting.
Bernadette - 8/10. Such great clunk.
Yasmine - 7.5/10. I like its sleekness.
Elizabella - 7/10. Elizabel is one of my biggest GPs, so I like this one in spite of myself.
Gia - 8/10. Love its simplicity and strength.
Sage - 7/10. One of the more pleasant and accessible nature names. I like it best on a girl.
Mae - 9/10. I prefer the May spelling, but love this name, especially in the FN spot.
Amalie - 9/10. Pretty and sophisticated.
Vega - 5.5/10. Interesting. NMS, but I can see it totally working.
Lenore - 8.5/10. On my own MN list!
Lavender - 7.5/10. Likable, but with a slight doormat vibe.
Georgiana - 7.5/10. Cool in an Austen-esque way, but I’m not incredibly crazy about it.
Solstice - 5/10. Definitely bold. I don’t know about the first name spot, but it makes an intriguing middle.
Melisent - 6/10. Nicer than Millicent. It almost feels like a toned-down Maleficent? I can’t tell whether I like it or not.
Celestyna - 6/10. I’m not all that big on Celeste variations, but it’s pretty.
Hildegarda - 3/10. Verrrry NMS.
Valentina - 7.5/10. Valentine and Valentina are really growing on me lately, mostly thanks to The Count of Monte Cristo.
Ernestyna - 5.5/10. I like this one more than I expected to.
Leonarda - 4.5/10. I love Leo- names on girls, but dislike how this one is just Leonard with an A.
Florentyna - 6/10. Kinda cool.

Louis - 6/10. NMS but I see the appeal.
Noel - 7/10. There’s something pleasantly edgy about it.
Frederick - 7/10. I like it.
Bernard - 5.5/10. Nice, but not super wearable these days.
Edgar - 7/10. Very cute and clunky a la Hugo.
Tristan - 6/10. One of those names I feel like I should like more than I do.
Logan - 5/10. NMS, but objectively fine.
Edward - 5.5/10. Kinda cool, but less usable in the wake of Twilight.
John - 4/10. Classic, but a bit yawn-inducing.
Maximilian - 9/10. Love it. Again, thanks to Count of Monte Cristo.
Milton - 6/10. Nice, but it feels a little more suited to a pet than a person.
Edmund - 7/10. I prefer this to Edward.
Heathcliff - 4/10. A little too on-the-nose.
Claude - 5/10. Same deal as Logan, but opposite vibe.
Keats - 5.5/10. I like it better in the MN spot.

Thanks. :slight_smile:

Ok so I comment on geeknamezyo! Got it first this time lol!

Prosper • Finn • August • Malcolm • Zephyr - I enjoy every single boy’s pick of yours! But I’d use Prosper and Zephyr only in the middle spot, as I am probably not brave enough.
I love how short and spunky Finn is. 10/10
August - love it’s traditional sound, the month association, everything. 10/10
Malcolm - seems like a good boy to me. 9/10
Prosper - like the meaning. 7/10
Zephyr - 9/10.

Belphoebe • Cosima • Sybella • Ailsa • Celia - I must admit I am not a fan of vast majority of girls choices.
Belphoebe - this is very unique and mostly unheard of, but I can see it’s potential. 6/10
Cosima - dislike this name a lot… not my cup of tea. 2/10
Sybella - never heard of such name, to be honest. But I like it. I only heard of Sybilla. I have a friend named Sybil, and she’s Turkish. I like Sybil a lot, so Sybella gets 7/10.
Ailsa - never heard of that one as well. Hard to pronounce for me, so it gets 4/10.
Celia - me myself love Cecilia, which has some similarities to Celia. Adorable name. 9/10.
Hope you enjoy my comments! :slight_smile:

I’m confused as to who’s signature I’m meant to comment on now! :stuck_out_tongue:

@lawsonhaley: do opheliaflora’s names!

Fun! I’ll do @lawsonhaley!

First of all, love the quote!

From your girl names I love [name_f]Lillian[/name_f]. It’s so feminine and strong and [name_f]Lily[/name_f] is a fun, cute nn. [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f], [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] and [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] are close runners-up. I also think [name_f]Minnie[/name_f] is adorable, but don’t think it can stand alone. [name_f]Minnie[/name_f] as a nn for something is just wonderful though. The name [name_f]Maude[/name_f] is growing on me, but I see it was more of an “older” name, along with [name_f]Doris[/name_f], [name_f]Myrtle[/name_f], [name_f]Edna[/name_f] and [name_f]Agatha[/name_f]. They’re all nice, but not my cup of tea. [name_f]Ida[/name_f] is a nice surprise though! I feel like [name_f]Ida[/name_f] is a name that will sneak up on us and all of a sudden become super popular!

I love your selection of boy names!! Many have a classic feel, like [name_m]Matthew[/name_m], [name_m]Joshua[/name_m], [name_m]Adam[/name_m], [name_u]James[/name_u] and [name_m]Andrew[/name_m], but if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it! They’re all great names. [name_m]Winston[/name_m], [name_m]Walter[/name_m] and [name_u]Stanley[/name_u] are so classic they feel fresh to me now, is that weird? [name_m]Matthew[/name_m] [name_m]Winston[/name_m], the name at the bottom of your signature, is perfect to me.