Rate the Try-Out Names

One middle name:

▻ [name_m]Octavian[/name_m] [name_m]Knight[/name_m] - really handsome, I like both names and I think it is really usable as well while being a brave name
▻ [name_f]Lily[/name_f] [name_f]Tangerine[/name_f] - [name_f]Lily[/name_f] is nice but [name_f]Tangerine[/name_f] isn’t a name in my eyes
▻ [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_u]Gray[/name_u] - I usually prefer [name_u]Gray[/name_u] for boys but it’s great combination
▻ [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] [name_m]Cove[/name_m] - I am eh about [name_m]Cove[/name_m], can’t see the appeal but [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] is a great name

Two middle names:

▻ [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] [name_f]Alouette[/name_f] Fée - [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] [name_f]Alouette[/name_f] [name_f]Fae[/name_f] will be better, prefer [name_f]Lily[/name_f] over [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] too. [name_f]Alouette[/name_f] is a favorite of mine as well
▻ [name_f]Judith[/name_f] [name_f]Amalia[/name_f] [name_u]Dove[/name_u] - meh, I don’t like [name_f]Judith[/name_f] it’s old, prefer [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] more and [name_u]Dove[/name_u] isn’t a bird name I like
▻ [name_f]Lotus[/name_f] [name_f]Octavia[/name_f] [name_u]Rain[/name_u] - I dropped [name_f]Lotus[/name_f] a few months ago but [name_f]Octavia[/name_f] [name_u]Rain[/name_u] is great
▻ [name_m]Theron[/name_m] [name_m]Julius[/name_m] [name_u]Cloud[/name_u] - [name_m]Theon[/name_m] [name_m]Julius[/name_m] [name_u]Cloud[/name_u] will be better live [name_u]Cloud[/name_u], but the Turkish word Bulut sounds like bullet to some
▻ [name_u]Poet[/name_u] [name_m]Octavian[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m] - hmm I don’t see [name_u]Poet[/name_u] as a name because I don’t see Shair as one but [name_m]Octavian[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m] is an aristocrat name
▻ [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] [name_f]Celia[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] - I don’t like [name_f]Celia[/name_f] reminds me [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] (don’t know if they are related) and [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] means blind. I also don’t like Greek goddesses compared to their male counterpart except [name_f]Hestia[/name_f]

Suzidil Alev
Nazende Rihem
Mitali Dillis
Drisana [name_f]Marisol[/name_f]
[name_m]Deodar[/name_m] Sophio

Suzidil Alev - I’m not sure how to pronounce this combo, but if it’s pronounced sue-zid-ill a-lehv(?) I think it’s kind of cute (especially Suzidil). There’d definitely be some pronunciation issues if you were to travel to an English speaking country.

Nazende Rihem - I wish I knew what Nazende meant and how to properly pronounce it, if I’m saying it correctly it sounds nice. Rihem - I looked into the pronunciation for this one, and I kind of dig it. Also, I saw on another forum you said it means petrichor, which I love! So far this combo is my favorite :slight_smile:

Mitali Dillis - I looked up the pronunciation for Mitali, and I’m really just not a fan. Dillis reminds me of [name_f]Phyllis[/name_f] and dill pickles, mostly of dill pickles. I do like the potential nickname option of [name_f]Dilly[/name_f] though.

Drisana [name_f]Marisol[/name_f] - Hmm… Drisana [name_f]Marisol[/name_f]. I actually think Drisana sounds better than [name_f]Marisol[/name_f] (as [name_f]Marisol[/name_f] sounds a lot like aerosol), though I’m not exactly fond of Drisana either.

[name_m]Deodar[/name_m] Sophio - I think I prefer Sophio [name_m]Deodar[/name_m] to [name_m]Deodar[/name_m] Sophio, I’m not sure. I like the nature connection [name_m]Deodar[/name_m] has, and according to the internet Sophio is linked to [name_f]Soph[/name_f]ós, which has a bunch of nice meanings. I’d say this is my second favorite combo.

Ranked order:

Nazende Riham
[name_m]Deodar[/name_m] Sophio
Suzidil Alev
Drisana [name_f]Marisol[/name_f]
Mitali Dillis

—————

My try-out combos:

[name_u]Robin[/name_u] [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] [name_m]Evander[/name_m]
[name_f]Mabel[/name_f] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_u]Dove[/name_u]
[name_m]Caspian[/name_m] [name_m]Woodrow[/name_m]
[name_f]Bonnie[/name_f] [name_f]Melissa[/name_f]
[name_f]Calista[/name_f] [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]

Robin [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] [name_m]Evander[/name_m]- It’s pretty; very naturey. I like [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] and [name_m]Evander[/name_m], but [name_u]Robin[/name_u] is a try out name for me as well! I could definitely see this as a little boy’s name, and when he’s older he could go by [name_m]Rob[/name_m].

Mabel [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_u]Dove[/name_u]- This one is okay. I love [name_f]Felicity[/name_f], like [name_f]Mabel[/name_f], and am not too keen on [name_u]Dove[/name_u]. It is very elegant and flows nicely, though. [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] would be my preferred alternative.

Caspian [name_m]Woodrow[/name_m]- Very handsome. It makes me think of ocean scents. [name_m]Woodrow[/name_m] is quite bold, but I like bold middles.

Bonnie [name_f]Melissa[/name_f]- One word to describe this combo is cutsey. Nms, but I can appreciate it. [name_u]Connie[/name_u] [name_f]Melinda[/name_f] feels more fresh.

Calista [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]- [name_u]Love[/name_u] it! [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] is a gorgeous, gentle name, and [name_f]Calista[/name_f] is an incredibly lively one. They go well together.

Macey
Auben
[name_f]Jennifer[/name_f]
Sylven
[name_m]Maxen[/name_m]
[name_f]Hallie[/name_f]
[name_u]Bailey[/name_u]
[name_f]Callie[/name_f]

1 Like

Macey - I think I prefer the [name_f]Macy[/name_f] spelling, to me it feels like less of a nickname, and more of a stand alone name, than [name_u]Macey[/name_u]. It is however a not very common name that has a soft and cute sound.
Auben - I’ve never heard Auben before. I like that it has both soft sounds (-au) och strong sounds (-be). I do have a problem with the -ben part of the name. To me [name_m]Ben[/name_m] has always sounded both dull and hard. What if you change it to [name_u]Auden[/name_u]?
[name_f]Jennifer[/name_f] - To me this name seems pretty bland, but it is a soft yet mature name.
Sylven - I don’t like this name. It sounds a bit old to me and it’s just something about the sound that doesn’t agree with me.
[name_m]Maxen[/name_m] - I don’t like this name either. It feels like someone wanted to make [name_u]Max[/name_u] more interesting (when it’s already interesting enough!). How about just [name_u]Max[/name_u]?
[name_f]Hallie[/name_f] - [name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Hallie[/name_f]! It’s energetic, friendly and down-to-earth yet pretty.
[name_u]Bailey[/name_u] - [name_u]Bailey[/name_u] is pretty but not too frilly, a solid choice for both genders.
[name_f]Callie[/name_f] - In my opinion [name_f]Callie[/name_f] is more of a nickname than a stand alone name. However it is a strong and pretty name.

Dakota (b)
[name_u]Cassidy[/name_u] (g)
[name_u]Nova[/name_u]
[name_u]Jasper[/name_u]
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_u]Mallory[/name_u]
[name_m]Adrian[/name_m]
[name_f]Annabeth[/name_f]

North and South Dakota are named after the indigenous tribal population, the Dakota people; that would be the equivalent of naming your child Anglo-Saxon. As for taste, it comes across similarly to that of a tacky chachki; I’m not a fan.

Cassidy is a great name. Unlike other names that end in y, Cassidy sounds strong and not overly cutesy. Also, I love the nickname Cassie.

While I know most people automatically see Nova as a girl name I actually prefer it as a boy name! When I see Nova I think of supernovas and a quirky alternative for Noah. I think Nova (g) would be a sweet name, although I must admit with all the options for girls these days it comes across as a tad incomplete. I’m not sure why Nova sounds more whole as a boys name, perhaps I’ve become accustomed to the ever so popular short and simple trend for lad’s.

Jasper is a below average name to me. Jasper has an unappealing enunciation quirk akin to Silas, both of which have a heavy emphasis on the ‘s’ sound. I’m also not a fan of how the ‘s’ lingers into ‘per’, making it sound like an almost lisp-y, ear grating ‘jas’sper’ at times. While I’ve been harsh I must admit I am a bit biased, as I happen to be very fond of the softer sounding Casper/Kasper.

Juliet is such a beautiful, classic, literary name. Not a whole lot to say about it, other than it’s certainly timeless.

Mallory… I find this name very unappealing. This is going to be harsher than my take on Jasper —
Mallory seems to be a name that when spoken has the same mouth feel as attempting to talk while eating a marshmallow. The Lori/Laurie/Lory sound is very outdated. Not a fan.

Adrian is interesting. The first time I really took notice of it was when I heard it on Monk, as the main character’s first name is Adrian. Despite the association, I think Adrian is a handsome, classy name. I’m very fond of boy names that end in “ian”.

Annabeth comes across as a quirky Puritan name. Anna is a very pretty, classic and well-worn name, plenty of notable women from a plethora of backgrounds have had Anna as their own. Beth on the other hand feels dated, bland and admittedly dorky. Perhaps Annabeth should stay frozen in time.

Favorites: Adrian & Juliet :slight_smile:
————
Charlotte “Coco” Amour
Célestine Iris Lumière - heavenly;rainbow;light

Luck Anthony
Rune Olympio

[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] “Coco” [name_u]Amour[/name_u] - I like how the classical [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] is shortened to the quirky [name_u]Coco[/name_u], the nickname idea is really good, although I am not really familiar with the middle name [name_u]Amour[/name_u]. But I think it compliments the first name well.

Célestine [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Lumière[/name_f] - heavenly;rainbow;light - I absolutely adore the meaning of the name and the names separately are also beautiful. [name_f]Lumière[/name_f] is one of my GPs and you totally found a way to make it work. I am not sure how [name_f]Iris[/name_f] will be pronounced, since I picture Célestine and [name_f]Lumière[/name_f] being pronounced the [name_u]French[/name_u] way. I definitely prefer it pronounced EYE-ris, however pronouced e-RISS suits the two other names more.

[name_m]Luck[/name_m] [name_m]Anthony[/name_m] - I don’t really like the idea of [name_m]Luck[/name_m] being used as a name, just because it reminds me of lottery and gambling (but [name_f]English[/name_f] is not my first language so I don’t know). I don’t like [name_m]Anthony[/name_m] as well, it sounds uncle-like to me. With [name_m]Luck[/name_m] [name_m]Anthony[/name_m] I picture a short dorky old man that gambles a lot and drinks a lot but is funny and has a lot of friends.

[name_u]Rune[/name_u] [name_m]Olympio[/name_m] - I think [name_u]Rune[/name_u] is growing on me, sounds mysterious and charming. I have never heard of [name_m]Olympio[/name_m] before, but since I like [name_f]Olympia[/name_f] a lot, [name_m]Olympio[/name_m] is going to work for me as well. All in all this is my favourite combination of all four.

[name_m]Hilton[/name_m] as alternative for [name_u]Holden[/name_u]?
[name_m]Maxim[/name_m]
Stelara
[name_f]Galatea[/name_f]
[name_f]Amaya[/name_f] or [name_f]Amara[/name_f]?

[name_m]Hilton[/name_m] - I actually like the name, but it reminds me too much of the [name_m]Hilton[/name_m] Inn hotels. For that reason, I don’t think I’d use it on a real person.

[name_m]Maxim[/name_m] - Although it’s not my favorite, I don’t mind this name. It’s a fun alternative to more popular names like [name_u]Maxwell[/name_u] and older names like [name_m]Maximilian[/name_m] (this is just where I live - I’m not sure how it compares in other countries). I also love [name_u]French[/name_u] names in general, and I think this would pair well with a plethora of potential middles.

Stelara - I’m usually more classically oriented when it comes to names, but I think Stelara is beautiful! It reminds me of stars in a clear night sky, and it rolls off the tongue.

[name_f]Galatea[/name_f] - The first thing that pops into my head with this name is galaxies. While I don’t mind the association, I don’t love [name_f]Galatea[/name_f]. I’m usually a fan of Greek mythology names, but this one isn’t really my style. I think [name_f]Galatea[/name_f] would make a great sister for [name_f]Celestia[/name_f].

Amaya/Amara - I love both of these names! I slightly prefer [name_f]Amara[/name_f], but it’s a very close call. Another similar name I like is [name_f]Amira[/name_f] (or [name_m]Amir[/name_m] for a boy).

[name_f]Cassandra[/name_f]
[name_f]Melody[/name_f]
[name_u]Reid[/name_u]
[name_m]Jacques[/name_m]
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f]

Cassandra - [name_f]Lovely[/name_f]. A solid name that feels classic but not overused.
Melody - I’ve always thought [name_f]Melody[/name_f] was really sweet.
Reid - I really like this. [name_u]Strong[/name_u] and unique.
Jacques - I feel like unless you’re in a french speaking country this ends up feeling a little over the top.
Elowen - For some reason I have never been a fan of this.

[name_f]Mila[/name_f] [name_f]Ines[/name_f]
[name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Persephone[/name_f]
[name_m]Adrian[/name_m] Spade
[name_u]Liam[/name_u] Spade
[name_u]Miles[/name_u] [name_m]William[/name_m]