Rate The User Card!

[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] - [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] is a long love of mine that I keep coming back to but that just won’t stay; if I end up using it, it would probably end up being a middle name (and perhaps spelled [name_f]Ofelia[/name_f], though I find [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] to me more aesthetically pleasing, as a nod to my Spanish family as well as for the [name_m]Pan[/name_m]'s Labyrinth connection) but it is a gorgeous name and none of the “Hot Takes” have yet to put me off it. I’m not [name_m]Shakespeare[/name_m]'s biggest fan but I do like the literary connection, especially as [name_m]Shakespeare[/name_m]'s [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] has also inspired many other works.
[name_m]Vance[/name_m] - [name_m]Vance[/name_m] is friendly and sweet, neither too grown up nor too young. I find the name to be very versatile, I can easily imagine a surfer or skater being [name_m]Vance[/name_m] but I can also imagine a more “dark academia” [name_m]Vance[/name_m] or a country side boy called [name_m]Vance[/name_m]. The singer [name_m]Vance[/name_m] [name_f]Joy[/name_f] is also a great association for me and immediately makes me like the name more.

loose names:
[name_u]Sailor[/name_u], [name_f]Poem[/name_f] & [name_m]Toulouse[/name_m] - I’m not such a huge fan of these, they strike me as very American, which is not a bad thing, but not really my vibe when it comes to names. [name_m]Toulouse[/name_m] especially doesn’t really feel like a name to me but perhaps I’m too close to the actual city to get the name (other place names I don’t mind so much as they tend to be pronounced differently in [name_f]English[/name_f] than in their native languages, [name_u]Paris[/name_u] for example, but as [name_m]Toulouse[/name_m] stays the same it just feels off to me).
[name_f]Poem[/name_f] is one of the many “storybook” names that I simply can’t get behind, perhaps because I currently study literature at uni and use these terms so much that they could never feel like names? Besides that the sound is not super appealing to me either (I like the crisper [name_u]Poet[/name_u] a little more, perhaps because the -et ending is quite popular at the moment?!); I do think it could make a lovely middle name though.

[name_f]Imogen[/name_f] ~ I’ve never quite warmed up to the name, I think it sounds lovely, very crisp but warm at the same time, [name_f]Immy[/name_f] is also an adorable nickname option, but the looks of [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] doesn’t appeal to me, it feels very harsh for some reason. So, while I would not use it myself, it still is a beautiful choice for everyone else!

[name_f]Margot[/name_f] ~ I love this name! It combines almost all the things I look for in a name, it’s feminine but not overly frilly, it sounds timeless, sophisticated and intelligent, feels mature but works beautifully for a young child, has nickname options, works in many languages ([name_f]Margo[/name_f] works better for this pronunciation but I don’t like it quite as much), and if I had to change my own name, [name_f]Margot[/name_f] would be a likely contender. It’s a middle name on my own list (mainly because of the -t ending) but it truly is a perfect name.

[name_u]Joan[/name_u] - I much prefer [name_u]Jean[/name_u] but I can also appreciate the mid-century vibe of [name_u]Joan[/name_u]. What puts me off it a little is that [name_u]Joan[/name_u] reminds me of moan, which just makes me think of someone complaining all the time. However, I do think it’s a perfectly fine and usable name.

[name_f]Delyth[/name_f] - I’m not sure how to feel a bout [name_f]Delyth[/name_f], I like the sound (if I pronounce it correctly, that is) but the spelling puts me off a little (it’s the yth).

Isaac - I’m very neutral on Isaac, it’s a little too biblical for me but it’s not a bad name at all. I think a good middle name could make me like it more than I do on its own whereas a boring one could make me dislike it more.
Thatcher ~ is too closely associated with Margaret Thatcher for me but also doesn’t really appeal to me in sound, Thatcher and Fletcher have always sounded very harsh to me.
Fox ~ I like the sound but having been on NB for years it has lost all its charm for me, especially as a middle name. I think the only way I can still appreciate Fox is if it’s used as a nickname (Felix, Frederick, etc.)
Atticus ~ a bit like Fox for me, however, I can appreciate it a little more due to the connection to “To Kill a Mockingbird”.
Priam ~ I am not familiar with the name, it doesn’t appeal to me super much but it could be intriguing in the right combo
Valentine - while I wouldn’t personally use Valentine, I think it’s a lovely name and works especially well as a middle name making any combo feel very romantic
Napoleon - a bit too much for me especially as Napoleon wasn’t really a great person

Vance Peter ~ I love this one, Peter works beautifully with Vance and makes it feel so mature and established. It just complements it so well!
Jack Bullard (honor middle) ~ I don’t love Bullard with Jack, I think most of your other combos feel a lot more gentle while these two together feel rather harsh; I think I’d prefer something a little softer in sound to balance the Bull- part out a little
Twain William ~ hm, I don’t know how to feel about this as my brain wants to make it William Twain, being so used to Twain as a last name. Flow-wise the combo is lovely though and actually don’t mind Twain as a first name (though the more I say it the more it sound like a nickname for some reason).
Simon Finch ~ this one is gorgeous! Truly wonderful both in sound and imagery. It also feels like the perfect brother name for Vance Peter, ugh, they’re both so handsome!
Caspian Rhys ~ is a beautiful combo! It feels very NB ca. 2016 to me but in the best way. Especially the look of these names together appeals to me.
Samuel Callahan ~ sounds really nice! I’m quite neutral on both names so while this isn’t my favourite of yours, it’s a very solid combo!
Ferdinand Louis ~ love this one, it feels very regal and grand, as if belonging to a German archduke or prince
Milo Teague ~ not usually a fan of Teague but I think it’s quite lovely here, definitely brings out the fun and modern side of Milo
Rhidian James ~ I think look-wise I would prefer Rhydian to Rhidian with James but either way I really like the sound of the more energetic Rhidian with mellow James
Roger Clyde - feels very retro, which is great if that’s what you’re going for but doesn’t quite seem to fit with the rest of your names

Ophelia Daisy ~ very pretty! Daisy isn’t usually a favourite but I think it makes Ophelia very approachable and less grand (in a good way). The combo also flows very nicely!
Evangeline Fay ~ I think it’s a beautiful combo just not for me at all, however, that is really just me not liking the individual names and has nothing to do with the usability or flow, sound or anything else - again, perfectly usable and objectively beautiful combo
Maeve Boudicca ~ Boudicca intrigues me, Maeve isn’t usually for me but I really like the way these names work together, one a little softer and familiar, the other very bold and interesting
Elodie Maren ~ basically the same as Evangeline Fay for me, a beautiful combo but the individual names aren’t my style. Elodie, while very popular on NB, just reminds me of my french class in secondary school while Maren is rather feels slightly dated for me (but I also know 3 in their 20s so that’s why). I do think the names are beautiful together, though!
Persephone Rain ~ I don’t love these names together, somehow they just give off very different vibes that don’t really go together in my head. I do think Persephone is very interesting, though, especially in the real world.-
Jane Harvest ~ this feels very countryside to me. Very Missouri or Oklahoma. I think a slightly less familiar or sharper name than Jane would make Harvest feel a little more boho instead.
Josephine Scout ~ I really like this one! Scout’s playfulness works beautifully with Josephine and makes for a wonderfully timeless combo.
Beatrix Marsha ~ While Marsha isn’t for me, I think it works nicely with Beatrix, they sound very mature together! Beatrix and her nicknames are lovely, playful but grown-up at the same time.
Eileen Fifer ~ Fifer is cool, Eilieen always makes me want to start singing; it does feel a little bit dated but that’s only a problem when you make it one
Enola Ruth (honor middle) - Enola is nice, at the moment a little too attached to books/movie but I can imagine there being quite a few children with this name if there are more movies. Ruth works nicely with it!

1 Like

Henry [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_u]Basil[/name_u]: I feel like I can’t escape the name [name_m]Henry[/name_m]- I see it everywhere these days on old and young people, I like the flow of the combo as well as the look of it
[name_m]Edgar[/name_m] [name_u]Lionel[/name_u] [name_u]Auguste[/name_u] - [name_u]Teddy[/name_u]: I’m not big on [name_m]Edgar[/name_m] but it’s nice for you, I will say I think this name only flows if you pronounce [name_u]Lionel[/name_u] with three syllables-otherwise it falls a little flat for me
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m] [name_m]Nicanor[/name_m] [name_m]Edmund[/name_m]: I like [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] [name_m]Nicanor[/name_m] quite a lot-it sounds both handsome and unique, for some reason I’m not love [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] here but maybe would with a last name attached
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_u]Vyvyan[/name_u] [name_m]Louis[/name_m]: [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] is what I would probably call dashing if I were [name_f]English[/name_f], I could see [name_m]Edgar[/name_m] nn [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] and [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] nn [name_m]Artie[/name_m] as brothers, I really don’t care for the [name_u]Vyvyan[/name_u] spelling but [name_m]Louis[/name_m] is nice

Flora [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f]: this combo flows really well and again I like the look of it as well, the S really softens [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] somehow
[name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Lavinia[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]: this combo sounds great!, if feels unique but none of the names are too obscure, a great balance of familiar but uncommon
[name_f]Ottilie[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] [name_f]Clara[/name_f] - [name_f]Dot[/name_f]: something about fn is not for me, I also find [name_f]Dot[/name_f] a bit unconventional but it seems to go with [name_m]Edgar[/name_m] nn [name_u]Teddy[/name_u], the flow is a little strange to me (both Os in the combo make the same sound to me so it’s a bit repetitive)
[name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f]: I really enjoy [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] and [name_f]Mary[/name_f] is somewhat refreshing to see, [name_f]Alice[/name_f] feels a little overplayed in my opinion but fits with your style of name overall

Oscar [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_f]Lillie[/name_f]: this is such an intriguing combo, I love the meaning of [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] and it looks so right in this combo
[name_m]Victor[/name_m] [name_u]Lionel[/name_u] [name_u]Auguste[/name_u]: ooh- actually much prefer this to the one with [name_m]Edgar[/name_m], could definitely see brothers [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] and [name_m]Victor[/name_m]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_u]Auguste[/name_u]: I prefer your [name_u]Basil[/name_u] combo-[name_u]Auguste[/name_u] looks too long here (unless you have a short surname like [name_f]Liu[/name_f] or something to balance it out)

Violet [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f]: I love [name_f]Violet[/name_f] and I think [name_f]Cecelia[/name_f] has such a fun flow to it, without a last name attached I want to say [name_f]May[/name_f]/Mae sounds better but having tried saying the combo with some random last names I do like MAry in the third name spot
[name_f]Mabel[/name_f] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] [name_f]Lily[/name_f]: [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] is so sweet to me, [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] is more tough and proper, and [name_f]Lily[/name_f] is the perfect combination of the two, a nicely matched combo
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f]: I like the look of this combo better than the flow, I find the D sounds kind of overpower each other-[name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalyn[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f] would be my suggestion to avoid this

Edmund [name_f]Blythe[/name_f]: I like [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] and prefer it to [name_m]Edgar[/name_m] personally, unfortunately [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] reminds me of the word blight which ruins it for me but I do like it for a boy
[name_f]Orla[/name_f] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]: this combo doesn’t feel like it fits with the rest of your combos really but it’s so fantastic-I love it- this is a match made in heaven/again hitting on the familiar but uncommon aspect for me

Henry [name_m]Odilon[/name_m]: I much prefer your first [name_m]Henry[/name_m] combo though I generally favor one middle combos overall…something about [name_m]Odilon[/name_m] is just off putting to me whereas [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_u]Basil[/name_u] feels right

Beatrix [name_u]Delaney[/name_u]: I have been really liking the name [name_u]Delaney[/name_u] lately. It is one of those names that I used to dislike, but have changed my mind about. [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] is very pretty!
[name_f]Calista[/name_f] [name_u]Pax[/name_u]: I really like both names and the flow!
[name_f]Cassia[/name_f] [name_f]Mirabel[/name_f]: [name_f]Mirabel[/name_f] is so underrated and lovely!! I also love [name_f]Cassia[/name_f]!
[name_u]Simone[/name_u] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]: [name_u]Simone[/name_u] is another underrated classic! [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] is nms.
[name_f]Thora[/name_f] [name_f]Luciana[/name_f]: [name_f]Thora[/name_f] is beautiful! [name_u]Love[/name_u] this name!
[name_f]Zoe[/name_f] [name_f]Carmina[/name_f]: [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] is really an amazing name!! [name_f]Carmina[/name_f] is great as well.

Austin [name_m]Amias[/name_m]: I like both names, but the flow seems somewhat off. Still, a lovely name!
[name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_u]Francis[/name_u]: [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] is a lovely name and [name_u]Francis[/name_u] is a nice classic
[name_m]Oscar[/name_m] [name_m]Giovanni[/name_m]: [name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_m]Oscar[/name_m]!!
[name_m]Reuben[/name_m] [name_m]Xavier[/name_m]: I love this name so much!! The flow is perfect and [name_m]Rueben[/name_m] is also one of my favorite names.
[name_u]Theo[/name_u] [name_m]Macsen[/name_m]: [name_u]Theo[/name_u] is one of my favorite names ever!! [name_m]Macsen[/name_m] is nms.
[name_m]Zachary[/name_m] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]: [name_f]Lovely[/name_f] and classic. [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] is lovely, I like [name_m]Zachary[/name_m] less but it is a solid name.

I love the meaning of all of the names!!

I love your style!

Oliver [name_u]Finn[/name_u]- five stars! [name_u]Finn[/name_u] is a percent name and [name_u]Oliver[/name_u] is so charming. The flow is fantastic.

Theodore [name_m]John[/name_m]- I love this one! I have this exact combo as my number one boy name, realistically!

Noah [name_m]Daniel[/name_m]- both good, solid names, neither my favorite. The flow is nice.

Bennet [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]- [name_m]Bennet[/name_m] is very cute. [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], again, is 10/10 for me.

Silas [name_u]Oliver[/name_u]- I love [name_m]Silas[/name_m]! It’s so underused. I think it goes well with [name_u]Oliver[/name_u].

Owen [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]- [name_u]Owen[/name_u] is a lovely name! It sounds so dashing and bright. [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] goes very well with it.

Tobias [name_m]John[/name_m]- I love [name_m]Tobias[/name_m] as well! [name_m]John[/name_m] is a good middle for just about any name, but I think [name_m]Tobias[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m] has a nice rhythm.

Evelina [name_f]Claire[/name_f]- I like [name_f]Claire[/name_f]! [name_f]Evelina[/name_f] I’m less sure about— perhaps [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]?

Willow [name_f]May[/name_f]- I like [name_u]Willow[/name_u] but I prefer it as a middle. [name_f]May[/name_f] is a solid choice.

Rowan [name_f]Claire[/name_f]- [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] is a great choice and so underused on girls! [name_f]Claire[/name_f], again, is a solid middle.

Isla [name_f]May[/name_f]- not really a fan of [name_f]Isla[/name_f], sorry! [name_f]May[/name_f] is a good choice.

Emilia [name_f]Claire[/name_f]- I don’t really like [name_f]Emilia[/name_f], though I prefer it to [name_f]Emily[/name_f].

Amalia [name_f]Rose[/name_f]- a very pretty combo! [name_f]Amalia[/name_f] is a beautiful name and [name_f]Rose[/name_f] complements it.

Faye [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f]- I would do [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] [name_f]Faye[/name_f], because I do prefer [name_f]Faye[/name_f] as a middle, but it is a nice-sounding name with a good flow.

Josephine [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]- it’s a pretty name, but lacks the “wow” factor for me.

Seraphina [name_u]Willow[/name_u]- wow! [name_m]Five[/name_m] stars! [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] is a beautiful name and I previously mentioned that I prefer [name_u]Willow[/name_u] in the middle spot, so this combo is perfect!

Freya [name_f]Daphne[/name_f]- I love both of these names and I think they go very well together.

Freya [name_f]Abigail[/name_f]- the “a” on the end of [name_f]Freya[/name_f] makes me hesitate because [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] also beings with an “a,” otherwise a good name.

Esme [name_f]Patricia[/name_f]- just not really a fan of either name.

Marina [name_f]Faith[/name_f]- I like [name_f]Marina[/name_f] but not [name_f]Faith[/name_f]. However, the name has a wonderful flow!

Felicity [name_f]Claire[/name_f]- [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] is a fantastic name! I love this combo.

Clara [name_u]Willow[/name_u]- I like both names but I’m not sure about the flow.

1 Like

@elliewilbury here you go! your user card is super long, so I’ve just done boys, but I might come back for girls later :slight_smile:

2 Likes

𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒈𝒐𝒏𝒆 - I really like the name Antigone. It might have pronunciation issues at first but the play is popular enough that a lot of people should know how to pronounce it. That said, we had to read the play in school and I think it could be hard to be connected to a character that is the product of incest and kills herself. I still think the name is beautiful, strong and unique.

𝒎𝒊𝒆𝒌𝒆 - I looked up the pronunciation and like the sound of this name. I’m not one to really care about name meanings so that doesn’t put me off this name.

𝒌𝒆𝒇𝒊𝒓𝒂 - This is nice. It reminds me of Saphira the dragon from Eragon so I get strong vibes from it. Instead of blue like Saphira though, I see it as more of a red.

𝒐𝒕𝒕𝒊𝒍𝒊𝒆 - I’m not a huge fan of the sound of this one. It feels more guttural, like it’s stuck in the back of my throat. I know I said meanings aren’t super important to me but they can add on to a name if the meaning is cool. This is one of those circumstances.

𝒆𝒖𝒑𝒉𝒓𝒐𝒔𝒚𝒏𝒆 - I looked up how to pronounce this and got a few different answers so I’m still not :100: on how it’s pronounced. That said I think the relation to the goddess is beautiful.

𝒂𝒈𝒂𝒕𝒉𝒂 - I know some people think it’s clunky or outdated but I really like Agatha. It is intuitive, familiar but uncommon. I like that it feels a bit dark to me because of the connection to Agatha Christie and her murder mysteries and a few witches in modern media. This is actually the name of my current car.

𝒄𝒂𝒔𝒊𝒎𝒊𝒓𝒂- I like the sound and meaning of this name. I prefer Kazimir for a boy but for a girl I think your spelling is great.

𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒆 - I’m not a big fan of the sound. The constant part really stands out to me and makes it more wordy than I like. Somehow this got “Istanbul not Constantinople” stuck in my head.

𝒇𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒊𝒔- I like Francis. It makes me think of the cute bear who ate jelly on toast I used to read about as a kid. That could be a cute connection to read it to your little Francis. Funny enough this was also the name of my first car, but it was a vw beetle that I named after the lady bug from a bugs life.

Overall I really like your names. My favorites are Antigone and Agatha and my least favorite is Constantine.

@rosepip

Your voice is so pretty! Thank you for the recordings! I understood them perfectly.

The reason the names are split up is to separate my serious list from my guilty (but not too guilty) pleasure combos. And if it’s any consolation, [name_u]James[/name_u] is a family name. :joy:

(Next person: ignore)

1 Like

Draco Adonis - I don’t particularly love either name, but they make a fantastic set! The repeated strong ‘A’ and ‘D’ sounds really work together!
Caspian Ambrose - A friend of mine recently had a baby Ambrose and he’s adorable, so I’m a little biased! But I think it’s super cool. Caspian is really nice too, I don’t know if I love them together, they work but I don’t know if they could shine more in another combination.
Salem Emerald - Oooh Emerald as a boys name, I love it. Salem is cool too, although the history is maybe a bit too gruesome for me. Again, I like them as a set, although I do wonder if they run the risk of being Salemem Rald/Salem M Rald. Not a big deal, just a possibility. Caspian Emerald and Salem Ambrose (or Ambrose Salem?) could be cool, Salem Ambrose/Ambrose Salem runs into a similar issue, but Caspian Emerald works.
Paris Kazimir - I don’t love either name, but again, they work well together. You’ve done well to pair Paris with a name that doesn’t make it sound like a description, which is great.
Killian Phoenix - I like both names, Killian has been growing on me recently. I don’t love that it’s got ‘Kill’ so strongly in it, but I do enjoy the overall sound. Phoenix is a really cool middle name. Killian Ambrose and Salem Phoenix?
Raven Osiris - Raven on a boy is badass. Osiris is also awesome, a nice offbeat alternative to Orion (I know Orion is hardly topping charts, but it’s not unheard of, whereas Osiris feels fresher). I think this one does run a little into two ‘word’ name next to each other, like it sounds a little as though there is a version of the god Osiris which takes a Raven form - ‘It’s the mystical Raven Osiris!’. Which might be something you’re going for, in which case, go for it. If it’s not, it might be worth moving some things around - Ambrose Osiris is pretty cool.
Enoch Ransom - I really like this! I’m not super into Enoch usually but paired with Ransom it really works! You might also like Amos and Eamon, I’m sure you’re aware of them, but if not they feel like they fit your vibe.

Lucretia Blair - I want to love it, but something doesn’t quite click with me. I think the styles balance nicely, but it might just be that I’m not super into Lucretia - in which case the combo is great and it’s just me not having the same taste as you. It might also be that while the name styles balance, Blair feels a bit too forceful next to Lucretia, for example Lucretia Flair seems better to me just because the first vowel is slightly softer.
Callisto Rain - I like it! Personally I like Calypso a little more than Callisto, but I think Callisto is a cool name in general. Rain works well here, although again it could be a little descriptive feeling. That said, Calypso Moon feels awesome to me, so maybe it’s not a big deal. I’d suggest Callisto Moon, but Callisto is already a moon of Jupiter and that feels like overkill.
Calliope Moon - Moon as a middle name is awesome. Calliope is a cool name. I don’t know if I love them together, again it feels overly celestial. Calliope Rain feels more coherent to me.
Pandora Nyx - I love Pandora, it’s such a nice name and I knew one years ago (Pandy or Pansy a lot of the time). Nyx is also very cool and edgy. Together they feel a bit too Greek mythology, I feel like the combo could do with a bit more style balance like your other combos which strike an easier link between styles.
Phaedra Storm - Love it. Phaedra is so cool and Storm really adds to it!
Cordelia Quinn - I don’t love either name and I’m not sure about the repeated K/Qu sound at the start of each name, but I don’t think they style overall is a bad one. Cecilia appeals a little more to me than Cordelia, but if you love Cordelia then go for it. It also feels a little ‘plain’ (for want of a better word) compared to your others, Cordelia and Quinn aren’t really out there as names.
Astoria Mystique - Astoria is lovely. Mystique is different, given that you’ve also used Storm I’m guessing you’re an X-men fan? There might be other names from it I’m not picking up on too. That’s cool, I can gel with that. I’m not sure how I feel about the doubt ‘st’ in each name, it doesn’t quite flow for me. Cordelia Mystique and Astoria Quinn might be a swap that works? Astoria Quinn is again a little safer than many of your other combos, but it’s very pretty.
Adelaide Wednesday - I adore this. Syllable heavy, but it still flows really well. It is a little ‘safer’ than some of your other combos but I still think it’s a really solid name!

To the person who looks at mine, the middles are all of family significance, feel free to move them round/suggest others, but just be aware they are important names.

1 Like

@maerad

Alice Naomi- I like this! Both of these names are in a style I like- understated classics. I think I might prefer the flow of Naomi Alice, but since the middles are meaningful, Alice Naomi is probably better for you. There’s a book I enjoyed (Landline, by Rainbow Rowell), with Alice and Naomi as the names of sisters, so it’s a positive connotation!

George Avery- This name combination is nice, but feels a little grave. I do, however, like the classic and solid George with a unisex middle- I think it fits with your names well.

Eliza Claire- This is gentle and light sounding; I love it! I like the classic names that feel modern. This feels gentle, understated, and versatile.

Tobin William- I rarely see Tobin, so it was refreshing to see it in this combination! I like it paired with the solid, traditional William. I don’t love the way the name looks on paper/screen because of the visual closeness of the two names, but out loud it’s nice enough.

Ruby Frances- This is nice! It feels bright but classic, like most of your names. Although Ruby has some history, it feels vivacious and modern, and it is mellowed nicely by Frances. I would also like Frances Ruby, but this order is nice.

Luke Sebastian- I’m happy to see Luke! It feels timeless, friendly, and strong, and I rarely see it on this site. It’s brevity goes well with the longer Sebastian, which also feels like a name with history that works perfectly today. I like both of these names!

Mira Judith- I think this is very well balanced! Mira feels modern with it’s succinct sound and versatile ending, and it helps lighten Judith’s more formal feel! I also think it flows well- none of the sounds slur.

Rory Benjamin- This is probably my favorite of your boys! Rory is friendly but substantial, which balanced out nicely with the weightier Benjamin. I think this exemplifies your timeless but not heavy style.

Cleo Jane- I love the punch of this! Despite being short, it feels full of character. I think I would prefer another syllable in there (something with the flow of Cleo Janine if not the names), but with a longer last name it wouldn’t feel very short at all. That’s only a little nitpick, I really like this combination.

Elliot Russell- I’ll admit that this does feel something like a surname to me, but it’s a fine combination. This is my preferred spelling of Elliot, and Russell feels familiar but not overused.

Overall, I really like your user card! You’ve nailed timeless, understated, combinations. (Most of my critiques were very small and picky) I love your names!

1 Like

Marjorie Sarah - Marjorie still feels a little dated to me, but I love Sarah and think it’s a classic. I love how soft this combo sounds, and the harder J sound gives it a neat quality.
Ida Alice - I love these two and I think they go great together, stylistically. I’m usually cautious about combos that share meeting letters, (ie., __ x x __), but I pronounce the As differently, so I think it flows well.
Eliza Philomena - This one is my favourite! I’ve recently started loving Philomena and I think this combo beautifully embodies classic charm!
Susannah Jean - I also love this one, and am a sucker for long firsts with short middles. It flows really well, and makes me think of enjoying a sunny day outside.
Simon Salvatore - I also love alliteration :see_no_evil: This combo feels so classic, elegant, and multicultural.
Ira John - I love how short and strong this combo is.
Isola Mary - This is my second favourite! It also makes me think of a sunny day/summer time (probably because of the “sol” part). I love how soft it is and it flows almost musically!
Abilene Anne - Lots of assonance, which in this case isn’t a bad thing. I think it gives it a playful charm but would still fit as the person ages.
Evangeline Ruth - Much like Susannah Jean, I love the flow and style.
Levi David - I love when a combo has a repeating letter, especially less used letters! Bonus that “vi” is repeated with the Is pronounced differently. This combo flows really well!
Esther Lucinda - I used to have Esther Lou/Lucille on my list so I may be biased, but I think this one is great!
Ivy Antonia - This feels similar to Simon Salvatore, classic, elegant, and multicultural (although I don’t know how multicultural Ivy actually is). This one also feels like it “flows musically”.
Naomi Zelda - This one has a different, more modern feel than the rest which is deceiving since both names have such deep histories. I really like this one, but I like the flow of Zelda Naomi more.
Leah Catherine - I really love the look and feel of this, and it flows really well.
Gideon Francis - These names feel like they were meant to be paired together! It has a very “historical novel set in the UK” feel and it flows so well!
Gabriel Vincent - Same as above, I think this would make an excellent brother/twin to Gideon Francis.
Frances Elizabeth - Actor Jack DeSena recently had a daughter named Frances, and I’m in love (specifically with this spelling & on a girl). This whole combo feels classic and elegant, but still fresh.
Fiona Margaret - Two names that have both been on my list at some point! This combo feels very strong and I love how they go together. Third favourite :grin:
Cassian James - This one also feels slightly more modern, perhaps because I only hear of Cassian when on this site. This flows really well.
Fabian Matthew - There’s something about the transition between “an” to “ma” that I really like, but I’m not sure how to explain it. Safe to say I like the flow.
Lily Caterina - These names also go really well together, and it makes me think of spring. I love the balance of soft sounding Lily and strong sounding Caterina.

1 Like

placeholder

1 Like

Here you go @rosepip! I’ve been wanting to do yours ever since you rated mine! :blush:

Antigone - after I learned how this is actually pronounced, I’ve been very fond of this name! It’s so fun to say, and it feels very you!

Mieke - from what I’ve looked up, this is pronounced mee-kah. I think it’s really sweet and warm! It feels less grandiose than a lot of your names, but I still like it.

Kefira - this is so cool! The -fira part feels very bold and fiery! (It reminds me of a name I made up awhile ago: Elefira/Ellefira.) It feels somehow more modern than what I think of as your style, but that may just be me!

Ottilie - this is so lively and cheerful! I’ve always kind of wanted to put it on my list, but it sounds less than ideal in my accent!l. I enjoy it much more in a British accent! I also quite like Ottoline, which feels a bit more complete. (But I much prefer the way Ottilie looks written down!)

Euphrosyne - definitely feels like a Sappho name in my mind (and similar to your Aurembiaix!) It reminds me of Euphrasie, which seems more accessible to me. (I think Euphrosyne is pronounced you-fro-sin-nee, is that right more-or-less?)

Agatha - love the connection to Agatha Christie, but I have difficulty with loving the name itself. I think g sound is too harsh sounding for my liking. That said, I love it for you! It gives me cool vintage vibes!

Casimira - this is gorgeous! Sounds like a name right out of a fairytale! It feels rich and velvety, probably because it reminds me of casmir!

Rose Madeleine - This combo is so gorgeous! Are you pronouncing it Madd-a-lane? If so its even more amazing!! I love seeing Rose as a first name because its so often pushed to the middle. Rose is the perfect mix of classic and nature. I imagine a sweet little girl with pig tails and rosy cheeks.

Emma Lavender - I really like this one! Emma is such a powerful classic name and sweet, feminine kind of quirky Lavender really balances it out. I love the repetitive ending of Emma and Lavender. This has to be one of my favourite combos from your user card partly because it’s so beautiful and partly because you talk about Emma so fondly on the threads.

Anya Cosette - I love how Anya is so international and is such a versatile name. Anya could be sporty, girly, arty or anything she wanted to be. I have Cosette on my own list and I absolutely adore it! My only complaint is that the flow between Anya and Cosette are a bit off since both names are 2 syllables. Perhaps a 3 syllable middle for Anya would fix the flow such as Anya Lilibeth. But all in all I love both names and the literary vibes I get from this combo are amazing.

Marie Florence - I love how so many of your names have commonly used middle names that aren’t used nearly as much in the first name spot. It’s so refreshing! Marie is my favourite Mary variant. Florence is one of my all time favourite names. The combo sounds very French, thinking about it lots of your names have that French vibe but I absolutely love it! Both names flow really well together.

Clara Sonnet - Clara is such a pretty name with beautiful vintage charm. It can work on a child, a teen, an adult and an elderly person. Sonnet is such a poetic name but with Clara the combo sounds similar to Clarisonic. But without that association Clara Sonnet would be darling. I picture a girl who loves music and has a little cute fringe.

June Lilibeth - June is such a sweet name which fits a little girl just as well as a Grandma. Just imagine a Grandma June :heart_eyes:. Lilibeth sounds clunky almost royal-like. I imagine a June Lilibeth to have strong opinions on what is right and wrong and to be such a smiley little girl. Together the smoothness of June and the clunkiness of Lilibeth give the combo such a cool rhythm.

Elise Cordelia - This combo is all sunshine and light and golden hour for me. Though neither name is my style using a shorter first name and a longer middle name makes this combo work really well. I imagine a girl playing in a golden field.

Heidi Susanna - Heidi is such a cute name. The Susanna spelling looks more modern than the Susannah spelling and I’m all for it! Heidi Susanna feels a bit clunky and fun! I can imagine her being a spirit of fun, play and silliness.

Wesley Forest - The name Wesley reminds me of the Weasley family in Harry Potter but asides from that its a nice name. nn Wes is so cute!!! I love love love Forest so much! ts so soft and magical. The combo flows quite well together. I imagine a sweet boy with rosy cheeks who lives in a small village next to the most magical forest named Wesley Forest.

Philip Archer - I’ve never caught on to the name Philip mainly because nn Phil just reminds me of Dr. Phil but nn Pip is cute. I spell Philip like Phillip but the spelling Philip looks nicer. I love the name Archer it sounds soft against Philip. The combo sounds noble and would suit a prince just as well as a modern little boy.

Linus Ambrose - Linus was one of the first names I remember liking on nameberry so of course I still love it! Linus is simple and vintage. I love Ambrose. I seriously love all of your names! Ambrose is the boy next door kind of name. Its friendly and romantic. Though both names end in that s sound, the combo flows well and there are no gaps. Linus Ambrose is so effortlessly cool and I would love to meet one.

Benjamin Sage - I’m not a fan of Benjamin I’ve just known too many Ben’s that it doesn’t sparkle as much as your other combos. Middle name Sage is so sweet and makes Benjamin sound fresher and more modern. The names flow so well together and bounce off one another.

Timothy Briar - Timothy is so perfect, I feel like it is rarely mentioned on nameberry. Briar instantly makes me think of Briar Rose so I think of it more as a girls name than a boys. Briar pairs with Timothy so well since Timothy is so boyish and Briar leans more to the girls side. I absolutely love the two names together. I imagine a Timothy as a ‘boy in library aesthetic’ (search it on Pinterest).

Edwin Sparrow - Edwin has to be my favourite Ed variant and I love seeing it in your user card! I think Edwin would fit in the dark academia aesthetic. Its so beautiful and Victorian. Sparrow is my favourite bird name because it reminds me of the book the Bone Sparrow. The names work really well together and I absolutely adore this combo!

August Fable - I love August its the perfect mix of being recognisable but still different. Fable is so sweet and any child would adore Fable as a middle name. I’m a bit unsure whether this is a girl or a boys name since it could work perfectly on either gender. I think this combo leans more to the boy side if thats what you intended. Perhaps Augustine Fable or Augustus Fable would be better if this combo is meant for a boy and Augusta Fable or Augustina Fable might work better for a girl. But whatever gender the combo August Fable is meant for its beautiful and both names flow together so well.

Elliot Finch - I LOVE the name Elliot! It’s so friendly and sweet. This spelling of Elliot is my favourite too. I like Finch because it reminds me of To Kill a Mockingbird which is a notable association. This name could also work on either gender but I think it leans more to the boy side with the spelling Elliot. The names sound nice together and complement each other well. I can imagine an Elliot Finch to be wise and friendly.

Fern Coppelia - Fern is such a lovely name that instantly puts me in a beautiful lush forest. Coppelia is so unusual and a name I’ve never heard before but the sound is really quite beautiful. Both names sound charming together. I love the balance between the short 1 syllable name and the longer more luxurious middle name.

Gwen Ferelith - I personally prefer Gwendolyn nn Gwen but just Gwen is sweet too. I’m not too sure how to pronounce Ferelith. I’m guessing it’s pronounced Fair-eh-lith or maybe Fair-a-lith or Fair-lith I’m not to sure but it looks quite beautiful next to Gwen and adds a layer of excitement and spunk.

Finnian Lark - Finnian is so sweet and a good way to get to nn Finn (which I adore!) Ive never thought of using Lark on a boy but now I absolutely love it. Finnian and Lark go together so well and I love the nature vibes of this combo. I imagine a Finnian Lark to be adventurous and fun with messy longish hair.

Cedric March - I love Cedric and the nn Zed is so cute. I have Cedric in my user card! I’m surprised Cedric doesn’t get more love on the forums. March isn’t my favourite name because it sounds more like a last name maybe because I think of Little Women. Cedric and March flow well together though.

@MG1257 This was super fun! Sorry that this took so long getting to you. I didn’t realise that I wrote so much! I was just writing on my notes and it was only like 2 lines long then I copied and pasted it here and… yeah. Anyways I hope you enjoyed reading this and I hope I did it right! I absolutely love your naming style, my favourites have to be Timothy Briar, Linus Ambrose and Edwin Sparrow for boys and Rose Madeleine, Emma Lavender and Marie Florence for girls.

@Raven-1013 Thank you so much! (You’ve done awesome :wink:) I love the thought you put into each name and thank you for the feedback. You definitely pointed out some stuff I missed!

1 Like

Placeholder for oceansea

Hi @Raven-1013,

You get to be the first person I rate a UC for! Hopefully my input is helpful! Let me know if you have any questions or would like additional input on a name. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Rosalia Rae - I really like this combo! I am typically not a fan of alliteration, but this one works for me. Rosalia is a gorgeous, lovely choice. I like Rae in the fact that although it is short and sweet, it is also bright and strong. Both names of themselves are beautiful and together they make a splendid pair.

Amalia Grey - I feel Amelia is overused and Amalia is refreshing. I really enjoy Grey in the middle spot. Next to each other, I think cool Grey adds to the soft-sounding Amalia.

Beatrice - This is a name that has been on and off my list for years. I think I first came across it in The Series of Unfortunate Events (one of my favorites!) and have loved it since. It has a beautiful meaning - she who brings happiness. Although my naming style has changed and it might not be my top choice to give my daughter now, it still brings me happiness to see and hear.

Mabel Grace - Both names are good, just not my style. I like their meanings. Mabel has a vintage charm that is sweet, spunky, and endearing. Although Grace is often considered a “filler” middle name, it is beautiful. It compliments Mabel and just sounds right to me.

Asterope - This one is different…in a good way I think. It’s a hidden gem I have not come across or noticed much. It has a cool, magical vibe, yet elegant. It reminds of a combination of Astrid and Penelope. I’m not sure what I would use it with to complete a combo, but most likely something familiar to balance it out.

Matilda - Classic and vintage, but not necessarily dated in my opinion. It is strong, just like it’s meaning. If I were to pair it with a middle, the first name that comes to mind is Jane.

Penelope Eden - Great minds think alike. Both these names have individually been on my list as well. I love the long, flowing name of Penelope. Very romantic. Eden is amazing. It has a beautiful, quiet strength that doesn’t need frill to be seen. As a combo, it’s decent. I like the look of it, although sound-wise they seem to flow together with both ending and beginning with “e”. Some people like that, others don’t.

————————————-

Emmett Thomas - Again, you hit the nail on the head at finding wonderful-sounding combos! I have a personal negative association with Emmett, but I don’t feel like there is anything wrong with the name. Thomas is classic, but not boring.

Leandro Tomás - I LOVE this one! Ah, if only
you could see me smiling with giddy! Leandro is such a handsome name and I think Tomás compliments it well! Both are great and they sound wonderful together.

Koa James - Koa is an interesting choice. It’s not one I’ve come across much. I adore it’s meaning of “brave warrior”. I could definely see this name on a cute little boy running around. I’m undecided how much I like it though. James is quite darling.

Myles Alexander - I like it! To me, Myles sounds like an intelligent, kind-hearted individual. Alexander is a perfect choice to compliment it!

Lucien Vincent - You get another big heart from me! Lucien and Vincent are underused in my opinion. So handsome! Vincent is in one of my current combos. Both names are ones that I could see on any age. They got a sophisticated charm to them. I ADORE it!

Caspian Wilder - Stunning. I imagine an adventurer. Caspian is a name I could see myself using. While not overly used, it is still known. Exotic, yet not too out there. Regal and noble, the bright sound it has is one I love to say.
For me, Wilder is not one I would choose. I am generally not a fan of names that end in “-er”. I must say, it is quite handsome though. I like the sound of it. Both these names are more “word-y” names, which could be too much for some. I’m alright with it though.

Evander George - I got mixed feelings on this one. As a whole, this combo works. Although Evander is not a name I was initially drawn to or liked, it is growing on me. I’m neutral about George. All together, this combo is very noble sounding.

You have picked out some wonderful names, both individual and in combos! I really enjoyed how you mixed the uncommon with the classic, regal middle. You did a fantastic job at balancing syllables and flow. My absolute favorites of your combos are Rosalia Rae, Amalia Grey, Leandro Tomás, and Lucien Vincent. You really don’t have any names that I am extremely opposed to, just ones that are not my style. I really enjoyed going through the names!

1 Like

@oceansea This is my first time rating UCs, I hope I’ve done OK. You have some excellent names!

Octavia [name_f]Wilderose[/name_f] - This sounds so pretty and flows really well! [name_f]Octavia[/name_f] is one of my favourite ‘O’ names, full of elegance and class. I haven’t come across [name_f]Wilderose[/name_f] before, but it sounds sweet and lovely and compliments [name_f]Octavia[/name_f] brilliantly.

Mirabelle [name_f]Jade[/name_f] - I haven’t come across [name_f]Mirabelle[/name_f] before but it sounds lovely, the perfect mix between cute and strong. Personally not a fan of [name_f]Jade[/name_f] on its own, but it works well in this combo.

Florence [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] - [name_u]Love[/name_u] this one! Both names are on my list too but I hadn’t thought of pairing them. Both names are gaining popularity again, so it sounds modern and trendy, as well as older and classic. [name_f]Florence[/name_f] and [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] are both fantastic in their own right and pair well together

Margaret [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] - Not my favourite combo. [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] isn’t a favourite of mine, and although I do like [name_f]Lavender[/name_f], I feel like it doesn’t sit right here. Sounds sweet, but not my style

Guinevere [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] - Again not my style, but I do love the flow of this and think they work well together

Martha [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] - I absolutely love [name_f]Martha[/name_f]! Very underused, and it’s meaning of ‘lady’ is very elegant. Matched with [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] it works brilliantly. Usually I’d prefer [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] as a first name, but on this pairing, I adore it as a middle

Primrose [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] - This sounds perfect and very pretty. They aren’t names I come across very often, but I love them together. The e sound runs into each other slightly, though it’s not a problem for me

Vivienne [name_u]Willow[/name_u] - I like this one too. [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] isn’t a name I’d choose personally, sounds harsh in my opinion, but pairs nicely with the softer [name_u]Willow[/name_u]. Both names flow together really well!

Amalia [name_f]Cosette[/name_f] - [name_u]Love[/name_u] this! [name_f]Amalia[/name_f] is one of my favourite names, and very underused. [name_f]Cosette[/name_f] is beautiful and compliments it perfectly

Willa [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] - Not my style at all, I can’t decide how much I like it. I think [name_f]Willa[/name_f] would be cute. [name_m]Can[/name_m]’t decide on [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f], would be cute an an honour name but I don’t think I’d use it otherwise

Some excellent combos! You manage to pair names that have a fantastic flow :slight_smile: my favourites are [name_f]Amalia[/name_f] [name_f]Cosette[/name_f], [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] and [name_f]Octavia[/name_f] [name_f]Wilderose[/name_f]

Caspian [name_u]Forest[/name_u] - [name_u]Love[/name_u], love, love! [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] is on my list. Wasn’t a fan of [name_u]Forest[/name_u] initially but its growing on me now. Again, these pair really well and sound absolutely amazing

Lorenzo [name_u]Wilde[/name_u] - Another big win! So wish I could steal this haha :joy: love the shorter [name_u]Wilde[/name_u] with the longer, flowy, exotic [name_m]Lorenzo[/name_m]. Perfect match

Arthur [name_u]Ellis[/name_u] - [name_u]Strong[/name_u] and traditional pairing. I adore both names individually, and they work well together in this combo

Marlowe [name_u]Rune[/name_u] - Neither names I’ve come across before, but they match well and sound sweet. To me they both sound soft and gentle which I think works really well

Elliot [name_m]Augustus[/name_m] - Not sure on this pairing. Individually, both names are very strong but I’m not sure if together it’s too many vowel sounds, and there’s the repetition of the T. Feels a bit clumsy to say out loud, although they do look good together written down.

Cedric [name_u]Penrose[/name_u] - [name_m]Cedric[/name_m] is nice. Familiar but not too common, I love ‘C’ names at the minute too. Flows well with [name_u]Penrose[/name_u], but I feel like there’s something missing, doesn’t have the same sparkle as some of the other combos.

Wilfred [name_u]Sparrow[/name_u] - Not my style at all. [name_m]Wilfred[/name_m] isn’t a favourite, although I can see the appeal. [name_u]Sparrow[/name_u] feels off to me, reminds me of [name_m]Captain[/name_m] [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_u]Sparrow[/name_u]. Both names do compliment each other well though

Luca [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] - I really can’t decide on this one, but that’s mainly because of a personal love/hate relationship with the name [name_u]Luca[/name_u] :joy: it’s overly popular where I am, so I used to love it but now I’m sick of seeing it. That shouldn’t affect you though, and in this combo it’s a great name. I love the longer [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] with the shorter [name_u]Luca[/name_u], flows really well and looks good

Overall I prefer your girl combos, but you have some excellent boy names too! [name_f]My[/name_f] favourites are [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] [name_u]Forest[/name_u], [name_m]Lorenzo[/name_m] [name_u]Wilde[/name_u] and [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_u]Ellis[/name_u] :relaxed::relaxed:

@Pomerose thank you so much! That was really detailed and I appreciate your input. I think those are my favourite choices too, you did an excellent job of reviewing! :relaxed:

(Next poster please ignore)

1 Like

Michaias [name_m]Jeffery[/name_m] - Michaias seems a bit too complicated, I feel like it could cause pronunciation problems. I prefer the simpler [name_u]Michael[/name_u]. What it comes to [name_m]Jeffery[/name_m], I have a hard time trying to picture it on a child. It’s an old man name to my ear. However, this combo isn’t bad, the flow is nice and the names are just not my favourites.

Ezriel [name_m]Cristiano[/name_m] - Ezriel is cool. I wouldn’t personally use it, but I certainly recommend you to do so. I’ve always pronounced [name_m]Cristiano[/name_m] cree-stee-anoh, and while the way you pronounce it is nice too, I prefer it so. I do associate [name_m]Cristiano[/name_m] with the footballer [name_m]Cristiano[/name_m] [name_m]Ronaldo[/name_m], but to me it’s a good association and shouldn’t matter.

Vincent [name_m]Amadei[/name_m] - I love this! [name_m]Vincent[/name_m] is such a handsome name, I’ve considered adding it to my own list. [name_m]Amadei[/name_m] too is handsome, though I prefer [name_m]Amadeo[/name_m] and [name_m]Amadeus[/name_m]. I also really like the meaning of this combo, the meanings of the previous ones were a bit too religious for my taste, but this one I don’t mind.

Beniah [name_m]Solomon[/name_m] - I’ve never heard Beniah before, and I don’t find it quite appealing. However, it works perfectly paired with [name_m]Solomon[/name_m], the flow is super nice. [name_m]Solomon[/name_m] is very cool, an ancient name that still feels so fresh and modern.

Mariana [name_u]Jean[/name_u] - [name_f]Mariana[/name_f] is an outdated 80s name where I live, so that makes me not really like it. However, if I ignore that, it’s a sweet and pretty name. [name_u]Jean[/name_u] is a male name to my ear, and I would never pronounce it “jeen”. I would prefer [name_u]Jeanne[/name_u] on a girl and I also think it would sound better with [name_f]Marianna[/name_f].

Sarai [name_f]Elena[/name_f] - The way I pronounce this name is nowhere near the way you pronounce it, but in both ways I do like. I prefer [name_f]Sarai[/name_f] without the i, as simply [name_f]Sara[/name_f]. [name_f]Elena[/name_f] is a lovely and beautiful name.

Adeira [name_f]Magdalene[/name_f] - I really like this combo! Adeira is charming and beautiful, quite girly but for me it’s only a plus. [name_f]Magdalene[/name_f] manages to me both strong and feminine. The flow of this combo is just flawless.

Valencia [name_f]Danielle[/name_f] - For some reason I can’t seem to remember right now, I consider [name_f]Valencia[/name_f] a more masculine name? The sound is definitely more feminine, and it’s a nice, good name. I prefer [name_f]Daniella[/name_f] to [name_f]Danielle[/name_f] because [name_f]Danielle[/name_f] can be mistaken for the masculine [name_m]Daniel[/name_m], but both names are nice.

1 Like

Frederick [name_u]Luca[/name_u] [name_u]Auberon[/name_u] - I really like [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] with [name_u]Auberon[/name_u] but although I love [name_u]Luca[/name_u] as a name on its own I’m not sure about it in the combo. The flow is good but to me the styles just don’t match.

Oliver [name_m]Filip[/name_m] [name_m]Augustus[/name_m] - I love this one! [name_u]Oliver[/name_u] is a great name :slight_smile: I also love the spelling of [name_m]Filip[/name_m] and I think [name_m]Augustus[/name_m] is always a great middle. The overall combo flows really well and just fits together in a lovely, international feeling classy way.

Theodor [name_m]Frans[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] - love this too! I loveeee [name_m]Theodor[/name_m] without the e, and I think [name_m]Frans[/name_m] is an awesome middle name. If anything, having [name_m]Theodor[/name_m] and [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] in the same combo is a bit long/much for my taste but they’re all great names.

Léopold [name_m]Otto[/name_m] [name_m]Caspian[/name_m]- this is my fave from your boys! I love [name_m]Léopold[/name_m] nn [name_m]Leo[/name_m] and [name_m]Otto[/name_m] and [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] are both gorgeous names with great depth to them. I think the three go together great to make a combo that’s quirky but not unfamiliar and works in so many languages.

Cristian - not a fan of this sorry! But I do like it more spelled like this than with an ‘h’.

Nicolas- love this spelling :slight_smile: esp nn [name_u]Nico[/name_u]. Such a classic you can’t go wrong with.

Alfonso - I think [name_m]Alfonso[/name_m] is such a cool name! I’d love to meet a little [name_m]Alfonso[/name_m]. I love that it’s classic in other cultures but in [name_f]English[/name_f] (at least where I live) it would be unusual and sound so fresh.

Edmund- not my fave but I do appreciate it as a great alternative to [name_m]Edward[/name_m]. The nickname [name_m]Ned[/name_m] would be cool for this.

Alfred - not sure about this one. In theory I like medieval sounding names but I think because [name_u]Alfie[/name_u] is now overly trendy where I live I can’t get on board with it.

Maximilian - love love love. Such a great, strong name! I feel like it could fit so well with so many different styles of names too.

Isabella [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] - this to me feels like three first names put together rather than a first-middle combo if that makes sense? I like [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] and [name_f]Anna[/name_f] but not sure about three such similar names together like this.

Viviana [name_u]Marie[/name_u] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] - I like this more but I think I’d prefer it as [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]. [name_u]Marie[/name_u] feels like a filler middle name to me because it’s such a common middle so even [name_f]Viviana[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] would seem more thought out to me. But overall it flows well and I like that the names are all classic but have very different sounds.

Adelaide [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Theresa[/name_f] - I feel the same about [name_f]Rose[/name_f] as I do [name_f]Theresa[/name_f]. I just think your boys combos are so much quirkier and more interesting than your girls. I like [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] and [name_f]Theresa[/name_f] but the flow of the whole combo feels slightly drawn out and unnatural to me. I’d drop the [name_f]Rose[/name_f] or swap the order of the middles.

Amalia - I like [name_f]Amalia[/name_f]! So much prefer it to [name_f]Amelia[/name_f]. I think it would make a great, timeless name.

Valentina - [name_f]Valentina[/name_f] is an amazing name! So romantic but not too girly imo (I think it’s the hard V sound). Would be great as a middle too, eg [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Valentina[/name_f] rather than [name_f]Victoria[/name_f].

Henrietta - I’m waiting on a [name_f]Henrietta[/name_f] resurgence because it’s so cool! [name_f]Etta[/name_f]/Hettie are cute nicknames too.

Teresa- I like this but I prefer it spelled [name_f]Theresa[/name_f] or the [name_u]French[/name_u] version [name_f]Therese[/name_f]. I think it would be great as a first name with nn [name_f]Tess[/name_f] or [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] or as a classic middle.

1 Like

@enwmn

[name_f]Clio[/name_f]-I love this! I do slightly prefer the [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] spelling but this is nice too and I like that it seems more like it’s own name and not a nickname, as opposed to [name_f]Cleo[/name_f]

[name_f]Iris[/name_f]-Looove [name_f]Iris[/name_f]! Such a pretty, distinct sound and amazing imagery!

[name_f]Maxine[/name_f]-this is cute and tailored and definitely due for a comeback!

[name_f]Ada[/name_f]-this is one of my top girls names! I love the sweet simplicity of it!

[name_f]Daphne[/name_f]-very pretty name that is familiar but not overused!

[name_f]Isabeau[/name_f]-It’s not my favorite but it’s nice. It would make a nice middle name I think.

[name_f]Sabine[/name_f]- Pretty name but I have strong associations with the rape of the [name_f]Sabine[/name_f] women. [name_f]Sabina[/name_f] is gorgeous though.

[name_f]Zelie[/name_f]-very pretty! I would assume it is “zay-lee”, is this right?

[name_f]Leontine[/name_f]-this is not my favorite leo name, but its ok

[name_m]Oscar[/name_m]-very handsome name I don’t see used enough (where I live)

[name_u]Rome[/name_u]-I prefer [name_m]Roman[/name_m]

[name_m]Leo[/name_m]-so handsome, I wish it wasn’t getting so popular!

[name_m]Conrad[/name_m]-I love this one. I knew a little [name_m]Conrad[/name_m] who pulled it off well!

[name_m]Iker[/name_m]-I like this! I don’t see it a lot and it’s refreshing!

[name_u]Rafe[/name_u]-I want to love this one. I love [name_m]Rafael[/name_m]/Raphael, [name_u]Rafa[/name_u], etc., but with [name_u]Rafe[/name_u] it reminds me too much of rape

[name_f]Marina[/name_f]-so pretty. I love the sound and the water imagery

[name_f]Clarimond[/name_f]-very interesting! I haven’t seen it before but I love the sound!

[name_u]Amory[/name_u]-this one is nice, although not my favorite from your list.

[name_f]Cerise[/name_f]-pretty sounds, this is nice but again not my favorite

[name_f]Anais[/name_f]-gorgeous!

[name_f]Lilac[/name_f]-I love [name_f]Lilac[/name_f]! Fits in with all the [name_f]Lila[/name_f], [name_f]Lola[/name_f], [name_f]Layla[/name_f], Lilys, but stands out with the distinctive C ending!

[name_u]Noa[/name_u]-One of my all time favorite girls names! It is stunning, I love how it looks and sounds!

[name_m]Cassian[/name_m]-very handsome, this one has been on my list before

[name_u]Kit[/name_u]-I love [name_u]Kit[/name_u]. So cute!

[name_u]Blaise[/name_u]-very cool sounding but also classic

[name_u]Artis[/name_u]-I like this! I don’t see it a lot but I love the look and sound!

[name_m]Maxim[/name_m]-another one on and off my list. I love [name_m]Maxim[/name_m], just don’t love just [name_u]Max[/name_u]

[name_u]Asa[/name_u]-This has been my top boys name for years. It is perfect! Soft but masculine, and very understated!

1 Like

Zélie is pronounced like that yes!