Rate The User Card!

@autumn.leaves tagging so you see the update!

Annabelle Hope - it’s pretty but not the most unique. It sort of feels like it could do with a second middle, but it’s complete enough as is. Hope is a lovely underused gem!

Charlotte Grey - seconding what I said above, though I do prefer Charlotte to Annabelle. It feels rather Victorian-era and I can imagine this on a high society lady!

Dahlia Meredith - this is lovely! The perfect mix of sweet and spunk, it feels like it could work well on all ages and personalities. No criticism here.

Eleanora Belle - I’ve never been the biggest fan of Eleanora as it’s a little over the top for my liking (I prefer the sleeker Eleanor). However, that being said, the combo flows well and I like the short Belle to counter Eleanora’s length.

Eloise Faye - Faye feels a little expected in the middle spot but I do like it here with Eloise. There’s nothing wrong with the combo per se but if you were looking to change it maybe something with a sharper sound as both Eloise and Faye are very soft-sounding.

Elowen Briar - one of my favourites, I think! I like how you’ve tempered the flowing sweetness of Elowen with the stronger, nature-y Briar.

Elsie Nightingale - another one I quite enjoy! Elsie is one I don’t see around too much and Nightingale is beautiful. This combo makes me think of a sweet blonde girly girl but one who isn’t afraid to go on adventures.

Hadassah Rue - hmm, I’m not too sure on Hadassah (it makes me think of hessian sacks for some reason ? an odd association, I know) but I like Rue in general and in the combo

Lucy Adelaide - lovely. The grand Adelaide is a good match for Lucy - I like how it is stylistically different without clashing.

Opal Cecily- I don’t love either name but they do match your others. I think I might like Cecily Opal a bit better but the shorter name as a first is unexpected and nice too (just not my favourite here)

Polly Rose - I think this one needs something more. Both names are lovely but very short and it sounds almost like a double first name to me. Maybe extending Rose to Rosalind or Rosanna (or something else), or scanning your list, changing it for Meredith, Hadassah, Annabelle or Nightingale might work?

Sullivan Juliet - while I don’t really like Sullivan that much I do like the boldness of this combo. Juliet is lovely and a unisex name paired with it elevates it and adds some spunk. My only concern is that it stylistically differs from your other names and combos quite a bit.

Willa Daisy - I’ve never fallen for Willa but the combo is sweet. Daisy is underused in the middle spot imo and it’s nice to see it.

Augustus Brave - I think I like August better than Augustus (a few too many u’s, perhaps) but I like the contrast between the long name and the short, spunky Brave. Makes me think of a king or general.

Caspian Amadeus - I like both names but something that I can’t exactly pinpoint feels a little off sound-wise. Both names are quite grand and I would consider changing one to a slightly more grounded name.

Edmund Theodore - oh my, I think I’m in love! I have a soft spot for both these names and while I’ve never considered pairing them together, they work beautifully!

Finlay Judah - while I prefer Finlay on a girl, Judah works well as a middle here.

Gideon Leo - I’m not 100% sold on the repeating ‘eo’ here, but the names work nicely together. Leo isn’t one I see on Nameberry much and it’s nice to see some love for him!

1 Like

first of all, i love the unique vibe your uc has. as i was browsing your names, the scenes of french life appeared in front of me. i can see winding streets, hidden art galleries, cute café shops, independent bookstores, Sorbonne students, and couples strolling along the Seine on a fall afternoon. to me, your combos depict the characters of these scenes.

agatha bluebird - love the combo! it sounds feminine, strong and classy.
(she is the owner of one of the lovely art galleries. she knows the most talented artists in paris)

appoline forest - oh, wow! it’s perfect! appoline sounds soft and warm, while forest is such a fun middle.
(appoline is a waitress in a cute cafe shop. she is kind so she is adored by all the guests. after her shift, she often stays in the cafe, sits outside and reads her favorite novels)

manon larkspur - i like this combo, too! both names are beautiful and together they sound charming, elegant and feminine.
(she is the one owning a beautiful apartment in one of the historical buildings in the city. she is chic with a generous heart)

léonie fig - this one makes me smile! it’s such a sweet combo! léonie is pretty and fig is the most adorable middle.
(léonie runs an independent bookstore in a hidden street where you go to find antique treasures. the shop is a family business with a long history. léonie loves rainy days when she loves arranging the windows while watching the colorful umbrellas outside)

maelys honey - maelys is a lovely name, i like how friendly and nice it sounds. also, honey is adorable!
(maelys is an ambitious painter. you can spot her all around the city trying to capture the magic of the city)

héloise blackbird - this is probably my least faborite combo on your list! i can see it as a strong and feminine combo but it’s not really my style.
(héloise is a young lady strolling along the Seine with her new love. however, her biggest love is the paris)

capucine wilde - ok, so i’m in love! this combo is adorable! i love it soo much!
(capucine wilde is a student at the Sorbonne where she studies literature. she is a daydreamer who always reminds you of the simple magical things in life)

zélie boheme - another favorite of mine. it’s a wonderful combo!
(she is a ballet dancer and the sister of capucine. they are best friends who live together in an attic apartment filled with books, flowers and twinkle lights)

@etoilelumineuse i hope you don’t mind the long descriptions but your uc has inspired these little stories. :baguette_bread::fr:

ps. if you ever decide to give capucine wilde up for adoption, please don’t forget about me :hugs:

3 Likes

@norin I love your list!

Anna Thames - So pretty! I love Thames for a middle. Anna isn’t my favorite personally however it really shines in this combo!

Astoria Winter - I love this one. It feels so elegant and magical!

Aveline Boheme - Wow! I’m obsessed with this, I love Boheme and having it paired with Aveline is perfection!

Banks Lilibet - Personally not my favorite. Banks is cool for a girl but I don’t love it paired with Lilibet

Celia Vesper - Great flow, I love it! Vesper is so pretty

Doris Salinger - Doris!! I love seeing her on nb! And the combo is very nice too :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Dusty Sundance - I actually really like this one. It’s a bit too wordy for real use (for me), but I think it’s cool and they flow well!

Lily Azure - Very sweet and pretty, love the imagery I get from it

Mae Reverie - I love this one!! Reverie is stunning, and Mae is so sweet. I am amazed by how pretty it is!

Scout Magnolia - I normally don’t like Scout, but this combo is great! Makes me think of warm spring days :slight_smile:

Siena Bear - Not my favorite, flow is good but I just don’t like Siena very much. I really like the nature theme you have throughout your uc though!

Windsor Belle - This one’s cool! I haven’t heard of Windsor for girls before, I like it. Flow is good too

Atticus River - So so charming! It sounds so friendly and warm

Brooks Walden - This one I love. Walden doesn’t come up very often on here but I really love it in this combo!

Callaghan Thoreau - I like both names but the flow is a little off to me. I like that you have both Walden and Thoreau on your list!

Elio Reed - Very pretty! I’ve never been quite sure if I say Elio right lol but I really like it with Reed!

Elmer Poet - This has to be one of my favorite combos of yours. Elmer is so underrated, and pairing it with Poet really freshens it up. I could definitely see this one on a real person!

Elwood Darcy - Apparently I just really like El- names haha. Another great one!! Your boy names are so lovely

Finn Ollivander - Nice, it flows well and has good vibes

Graham Rhodes - This one feels a bit off, maybe because they’re both one syllable? Not sure. I like each name individually though, especially Rhodes

Linus Theodore - Wow! Big fan of this one, feels so gentle and sweet

Laurence Bear - Super cool! I like the more modern middle paired with a classic first

Phineas Moose - I don’t like the repeated -s endings, but other than that I really like this combo!

Rufus Wilder - I’ve never been a fan of Rufus, however this combo might be changing my mind! I love it

1 Like

I’m just doing combos

[name_f]Winifred[/name_f] [name_u]Lark[/name_u] - 8/10, lovely. I am considering [name_u]Lark[/name_u] as a character name currently, I do love it
[name_f]Marilla[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f] - 9/10, I love seeing [name_f]Marilla[/name_f]! And such a sweet combo
[name_u]Anne[/name_u] [name_f]Desdemona[/name_f] - 8/10, I love both names and they look beautiful together, but not my favorite flow which is the only thing keeping it from 10/10
[name_u]Marian[/name_u] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] - 6/10, nice but not as interesting to me as some of your other picks
[name_u]Antonia[/name_u] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] - 8/10, love [name_u]Antonia[/name_u]!
[name_f]Maud[/name_f] [name_f]Lenore[/name_f] - 7/10, I guess I just prefer [name_f]Maude[/name_f] but this is nice too
[name_f]Eudora[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f] - 9/10, so sweet!

[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_u]Alma[/name_u] - 7/10, don’t really like [name_u]Alma[/name_u] for a boy but that’s because of my own past experiences. Still a handsome combo!
[name_u]Franklin[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u] - 7/10, this was a tough one as I adore [name_u]Franklin[/name_u] but [name_u]James[/name_u] to me is just overdone
[name_m]Gilbert[/name_m] [name_u]John[/name_u] - 9/10 I adore [name_m]Gilbert[/name_m] as well. And I do love your [name_u]Anne[/name_u] of [name_u]Green[/name_u] Gables-inspired names!
[name_u]Sydney[/name_u] [name_u]Basil[/name_u] - 10/10, this is my favorite of all your combos as it made me love the [name_u]Sydney[/name_u] spelling on a boy. [name_u]Sydney[/name_u] [name_u]Basil[/name_u]? So warm and dashing!

1 Like
porcia celine daffodil

(i’m pronouncing porcia as por see ah)

i like the feel of the combo and it seems to sit really well with your style. i’m not a huge fan of how porcia celine runs into itself but i adore daffodil !

alaska wilhelmine joy

i like it !! i like how the grand feel of wilhelmine is balanced out by the chipper, cheerful alaska & joy. alaska “al” or “lasha” is just darling :heart:

fable giuseppa lenore

(pronouncing giuseppa as ju SEP ah)

i like fable but it seems out of place with giuseppa & lenore ? the vibes don’t quite fit. that said i do enjoy all of the names on their own !

uma celestine poet

no complaints !! very you, flow is good, vibes match !!

thalassa pear nadine

i love thalassa & like nadine but i’m not a fan of the flow. nadine thalassa pear would flow better imo but if you prefer thalassa as the fn i think thalassa nadine pear would also roll off the tongue a little easier. (but ofc one’s full name isn’t said aloud that much anyway !!)

the vibes of this are immaculate though !!

millay dawn pelagia

(i’m saying the whole combo together as MILL lay don pell AH zha)

millay is new to me & i think it fits with your other combos really well !! millay pelagia dawn would have a tiny bit better flow but it’s really minor & still a really beautiful combo !!

eunice alecto georgette

i adore this combo and all of the vibes & the flow !! i can’t say i’m a fan of eunice but i love it for you !! georgette & alecto are both underused gems :heart:

elodie shprintza tove

i like it but i don’t love it. the names just don’t quite go together ?? elodie shprintza is nice, shptinza tove is nice, but altogether it seems off. elodie shprintza dawn or millay shprintza tove might be nice ?

omphale greta cecile

(i’m pronouncing omphale as om FALL ? perhaps it’s om FALL ay ?)

i adore greta cecile & if omphale is the second pronounciation, i love them all together !! if it’s the first pronounciation i find the sound a bit repetitive.

anita hedwig oscalie

oscalie is new to me, i quite enjoy it !!

i love the combo, no complaints at all !!

feodora mint suzanne

feodora is darling & i love mint and suzanne & the vibes are immaculate !!

tess flutura marjorie

i’m not a big fan of tess as a full name— it seems too much like a nickname. flutura is kind of hard to say imo. that said, the vibes of the combo are really nice !!

noyabrina louise pimm

i love the flow !! noyabrina is gorgeous :heart: pimm reminds me a lot of hank pym from the marvel comics but if that doesn’t bother you, go for it !!

myrrhine alice cora

i don’t know about this one. i like alice. myrrhine is new and cool. cora is sweet. but for some reason it just isn’t sitting right. i would probably split these into different combos.

thessaly fawn marcelle

i like this combo !! it’s very sweet :two_hearts: the s sounds are kind of hard to say though, in thessaly fawn marcelle

agnes timarete holly

no complaints, i like it !!

livio wolfgang oscar

i love all of the names and the bold feel of the combo but livio wolfgang is just the tiniest bit hard to say imo !! but livio “vio” is the absolute dream !!

ruslan mackenzie ford

my dear ruslan :heart: i never see him !! i love this combo, the names are unexpected and work well together.

jovian humphrey march

jovian & humphrey don’t really go together imo but the combo flows really well & jovian “jove” is super sweet !!

elia honeycomb peter

i adore all of these names— elia is an absolute gem and honeycomb on a boy is super unexpected and cute and peter is so nice, but the combo just feels mismatched.

albert meriadoc rain

!!! :heart_eyes: i love to see meriadoc !! so handsome !! i adore this combo, it’s perfect !!

basil keaton lazarus

very striking and sharp, i love the vibes !! keaton is unexpected and works well.

homer selwyn felice

i like the names (especially felice !!) and the combo works well. it just kind of lacks the “wow” imo.

ian cristoforo walter

i adore all of these names and the vibes are immaculate !! cristoforo is so handsome !! my only complaint is that the end of cristoforo kind of runs into the start of walter.

orville kenneth bailey

i like these names & they go together really well but since they’re all two-syllable names, stressed on the first syllable, i don’t love the flow. brother orville, kenneth, and bailey ? adorable :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

auburn zephaniah kip

adorable, i love to see auburn & zephaniah, so sweet :green_heart: kip is really cute too !

safran ivo bartholomew

these names are all very handsome and fresh :two_hearts: i just trip up over the sounds in the combo a lil bit. i still adore it though, i wouldn’t change anything !!

tracy hawthorne cadel

(i’m stressing the second syllable of cadel)

i love it !! tracy (b) is underrated and sweet & the flow and vibes are super nice !!

kermit wilder glenn

my favorite so far :sparkling_heart: i adore it !! i can’t think of any way to improve this, absolutely gorgeous !!

delmer august hope

oh this might be even better ?? i adore this one too, absolutely flawless !! (and as a brother to kermit wilder glenn ?? stoppp :pleading_face:)

siebrand otis edwin

i love otis & edwin and siebrand feels very you, and i do like the combo, but it just doens’t “wow” me like the previous two. very nice though !! solid combo.

redford asa valentine

aw MAN you’re gonna kill me i love this :pleading_face: this is gorgeous, totally flawless :heart: this could not be improved. kermit wilder glenn, delmer august hope, and redford asa valentine (kit, del, and reddy ?) i ADORE it :heart: :heart:

2 Likes

[name_m]Atreyu[/name_m] - makes me think of the word Atreid, which in Ancient Greek means ‘Son of Atreus’. This was the title [name_m]King[/name_m] [name_m]Agamemnon[/name_m] of Mycene and Menelaos of Sparta had, which instantly makes me think of the Iliad. Super cool name, definitely has an edgy/fantasy vibe which is super!
[name_u]Sylvester[/name_u] - super sleek, love the nn Syl, and also has vintage vibes which I love
[name_m]Robinson[/name_m] - I am personally not the biggest fan of surname names, but I do love the name [name_u]Robin[/name_u] by itself haha
[name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] - [name_u]Love[/name_u]! Super classy with literary vibes, definitely makes the perfect mn and fn!
[name_u]Indiana[/name_u] - ngl, makes me think of [name_u]Indiana[/name_u] [name_m]Jones[/name_m] :sweat_smile: , not a bad thing, just the first thing that comes to mind
[name_u]Zephaniah[/name_u] - I’ve never heard of this, but it sounds really nice, I love the ‘Z’ with the soft ‘ph’ sound! It reminds me of the name [name_u]Zephyr[/name_u]
[name_m]Benedict[/name_m] - classy, elegant, “unique” way to get to the nn [name_m]Ben[/name_m] which is nice

Overall, you have a great UC, Iespecially love [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] and now [name_u]Zephaniah[/name_u] : )

2 Likes

Warning: I’m pretty blunt

Ayrton Cyrille - Not a huge fan of either names, but it’s definitely cool. 4/10

Amias Prosper - I’m like, the hugest fan of virtue names, and Amias is one of my favorites. Together, they’re amazing. Definitely my favorite out of these! 9/10

Anora Giselle - Anora sounds kinda weird to me, but Giselle is really pretty. Reminds me of the ballet. They flow really well though. 6/10

Maris Eloise - Omg, this is really pretty!! I kinda have trouble going from the ‘s’ to the ‘e’, but both names are gorgeous! 8/10

Soren Achilles - I don’t really like Achilles, but Soren is better. 5/10

Dante Mattias - This one’s pretty cool! I don’t really like the names on their own, but I really like them together! 6/10

Elin Madrigal - Hmm, I wonder where you got the middle from lmao. Elin is so pretty though!! Definitely stealing it for all my variation spelling names lol. 8/10

Gaia Celeste - Imma be honest, I REALLY don’t like Gaia. Celest is better, but I’m not a huge fan either. 4/10

2 Likes

ahh akdhsk sorry for the late response, i didn’t see this until now! firstly, thank you so much for rating my uc!

agnese is pronounced ag-nyez-uh, similar to your guesses. it’s an italian name, so the pronunciation is a little tricky, yeah.
briar vivendel hades is a masculine combo, though i don’t mind it on any gender :relieved:
i’m so glad you also love eluned, how do you pronounce it? i’ve seen el-uh-ned and el-uh-need (i say the latter) i agree with what you said about lark, she does feel a little out of place.
meabh is actually an irish name, the un-anglicized (?? is that a word? idk) version of maeve. i do understand that it would be difficult for a child in the us to wear, but i’m not planning on having children, i just appreciate the name. thank you for your opinion, though! :)) oooh, the vs also do run together… i didn’t notice that before, thank you!

again, thank you for taking time to rate it and thank you for your feedback! <3

(next poster do @fiddlesticks)

1 Like

@kipthedepressed tagging you so see the update :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Summary

margaret ilsabe - there’s something i really love about this combination - it has a beautiful flow and both names complement eachother. i also love the nickname ‘madge’ it feels very cozy. i like ilsabe as a more unexpected middle for margaret, it adds a bit of edge to the classic first. 9/10

iola cricket - similar to before, although i wouldn’t say i love either name, i think they sound gorgeous here. i do like cricket as an eccentric middle name, insects are definitely underrated animals :sweat_smile: iola has a pretty sound, similar to violet and isla to me, i wonder why she’s not more popular. 8/10

anais verla - i’m not sure, they look nice written down and out loud but something is missing for me. i adore anais however, it’s short but elegant and playful. as a name verla i’m neutral on, i think in this combination vera could suit better ? though i can appreciate its unique quality here. 6/10

phaedra elaine - i like it ! the first thing that popped out to me was the ae/ai sound. it wouldn’t be as much a problem if the syllable wasn’t stressed. i really like to see phaedra, i have a soft spot for greek myth names and i think this could assimilate into places where faye is popular. i love elaine here, it grounds phaedra with a more soft and not overpowering sound. 7/10

josephine sonya - the -n sounds run a little, but it’s not that much of a big deal. i do find josephine a little overdone on nb - it is a lovely name, and josie is a cute nickname but i feel as though i see it everywhere, so it loses a little of its charm. sonya is nice and unexpected here ! 6/10

liberty sybille - these names have very similar sounds and looks to me. i’m really liking sybil/sybille for the middle name spot at the moment though, such a hidden gem name. 5/10

rowena faye - wow this is gorgeous !! it reminds me of an elven character in a fantasy book, especially with the meanings of the names. the flow is also perfect :relieved: 10/10

snow novelia - this is very much a one of a kind type of name - it really appeals to me. novelia is very grand and frilly, balancing out one syllable snow beautifully. i adore also one syllable names in the first name spot. the only thing i’d ask is that it feels a little harder to wear compared to your other girls names :thinking: 7/10

assuming the single names are feminine…

bridger 4/10
dash 5/10
mitchell 2/10
linnet 9/10
edelweiss 8/10
kindred 6/10 as a first 9/10 as a middle
athanasia 7/10
basil 3/10
illyria 8/10
aveline 10/10

nathaniel james - this is super nice ! it feels a little safe next to your other combinations, but other than that it has a very pleasant sound 7/10

reason nicholas - i love the idea of reese as a nickname, though i’m not completely sold on reason for a name :confounded: nicholas complements it well 6/10

ebenezer allen - the flow is nice, i love eben as a nickname. i’m not the biggest fan of either personally but together they work ! 7/10

dexter jude - i really like dexter: the ‘x’ letter always livens up a name, whilst still being wearable. jude works perfectly as a middle next to most names, and softens the combination. love this one ! 9/10

constant lloyd - constant i can see more as a first name compared to reason, i suppose it is the similarity with constantin name family. both names feel a little solemn ? i’m not sure how to word it, but it makes it hard to view it on a child, as nice as it sounds flow-wise. 6/10

hugo crispin - amazing name ! my favorite of your boys combinations. crispin sounds perfect in the middle name spot, he’s unexpected and fun. hugo is more reserved and versatile, i love them together. 10/10

darcy fortitude - i adore darcy on a boy, fortitude is nice, i love unexpected virtue names. it could be hard to distinguish whether it is intended to be masculine or feminine though, but i’m not sure if that’s an issue for you. 7/10

ivan north - ivan is quite common and overused for me, though maybe it is refreshing for others. north has an interesting look but i can’t shake the kardashian association :confounded::confounded: 5/10

your single names:

albin 9/10
theory 6/10
oscar 9/10
falkner 5/10
anton 6/10
francis 7/10
elmer 8/10
winter 7/10
anastasios 6/10
carroll 5/10

overall, a great usercard :relaxed:

1 Like

@aiksx sorry for the slight delay!

girls

mariana plum - 9/10 - gorgeous! mariana is such a cool name, and i love the trench association. plum goes very well with it! mariana is a purpley-blue to me, so it really works with plum imo !

lola cecily - 6/10 - i keep switching between liking this & not being a huge fan. i don’t really like lola, and i think it kind of clashes in style with cecily (to me, lola is really playful while cecily is more academic and serious). however, the difference in style also kind of works? plus the flow is nice!

eszti madeleine - 5.7/10 - i really love eszti; this is the first time i’ve seen it and it’s great! however i don’t think it flows very nice with madeleine. but that also depends on how you’re pronouncing madeleine! with the mad-lehn/mad-lin pronunciation, i think the combo sounds a lot nicer. but the mad-uh-line/mad-uh-lin pronunciation doesn’t sound super good imo

willa tamsin - 4/10 - i’m not sure why but i’m not crazy for this combo. i think tamsin kind of throws me off? it’s a fine name but with willa, it kind of sounds like a fn ln combo to me (even though i don’t think tamsin is a surname lol). nothing objectively wrong with this combo, it just isnt for me!

rosemarin elsi - 3/10 - is rosemarin pronounced like rose-mare-in or rose-MAR-in (or something else)? either way, something about this combo doesn’t work with me. rosemarin and elsi have the same vibe to me which i really like so i’m not sure what why i don’t like this combo. i think it might be too dated feeling for me!

marieke honeybee - 10/10 - this is such a cute combo!! i love marieke and it goes really well with honeybee. & honeybee is a really adorable middle! the flow is really nice as well

isala mercedes - 8/10 - very pretty! isala is gorgeous and goes really well with mercedes!

alice reverie - 7.5/10 - i think this combo has a really nice vibe (a bit academic, but also kind of cottagecore. very light academia!), although i’m not a fan of the flow

marnie sunflower - 9/10 - honestly i don’t really like marnie on its own, but this is such a lovely combo! marnie already feels very earthy to me (probably inspired by the stardew valley character), so it feels perfect next to sunflower. plus the flow is great!

anouk elisaveta - 8/10 - i really love both anouk and elisaveta, and they go great together! i would rate it a 9 or 10/10, but the flow is a tiny bit clunky imo

mavis aurelie - 9/10 - gorgeous flow and the names go really well together !!

astrid eleanor - 5/10 - i don’t really like the flow, and eleanor makes the whole combo feel a little too dated for my tastes

thea marilee - 4/10 - this combo feels a lot more modern than the others in your uc, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing but it does stick out. i don’t like how thea sounds with the -lee ending of marilee

leonie blossom - 9/10 - very cute!! i really love the flow and the playful cottagecore vibe

louna marceline - 8/10 - lovely sound!

iselin clover - 7.5/10 - i really love the sound (is iselin pronounce is-e-LEEN?), but i’m a little put off by how close iselin is to insulin visually ):

vienna mathilde - 10/10 - gorgeous!! the sound is really pretty and the names are stylistically matched really well

boys

sacha valentin ochre - 6/10 - i love sacha valentin, but ochre feels kinda out of place

dima theodore joy - 9/10 - dima is really nice, and i love the arabic meaning of “downpour”. and theodore joy is gorgeous! i haven’t considered joy in a masculine context before but i love it

victor blythe - 10/10 - blythe on a boy is lovely and i adore the combo as a whole!

eden wildflower pim - 10/10 - this is one of my favorite combos so far! i love wildflower on a boy, and the flow is really nice

milo casimir - 8/10 - milo feels a little immature (? not sure if thats the right word) next to casimir, but it also kind of brightens the whole combo so i like it !

santiago river - 5/10 - i really love river on a boy but i don’t think it goes well with santiago

viggo agustin - 9/10 - i love how powerful this combo is! and the sound is gorgeous as well - agustin is so underrated!

luca thierry - 8/10 - i like these names together (and separately), although the flow isn’t the best imo. i think a middle in between luca & thierry would really help

sebastian rio - 4/10 - i feel like the vibes clash a bit. to me, sebastian formal and dark academic, while rio is casual and playful

ilya florian basil - 10/10 - very pretty! i absolutely love ilya (it doesnt get enough appreciation!!), and it sounds really nice with florian basil

pippin ambrose - 6/10 - pippin feels a bit out of place here? i’m not totally sure why - i think pippin feels too nicknamey. if youre interested, ambrose peregrine “pippin” would solve that issue, and works a bit better in terms of flow imo

rafael isak - 4/10 - i’m not a fan of isak (btn says it’s pronounced EE-sak?), and i don’t really like its flow with rafael

mika serafim - 7.5/10 - i like both names on their own, but i’m not a huge fan of them together? i still like the combo but it feels a bit off! i think it may be the flow?

arthur camille - my rating changes a lot depending on the pronunciation of camille! i think ka-mee sounds much nicer than kuh-meel in this context - w/ the first pronunciation, i’d rate it a 8.5/10. with the second one, i’d rate it 7/10)

elias ruben - 8/10 - although i don’t really like elias, i think it sounds nice with ruben (and i love ruben)!

istvan lev - 4/10 - i like istvan, but i don’t think it flows well with lev

remy pascal - 6/10 - i don’t really like pascal but it’s a nice combo overall!

2 Likes

oh i got you jove

elio florence

diggin it !! i know how much you love elio & florence goes so well with him as a middle :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

theodore poet

theodore is an old love of mine & im still fond of him :two_hearts: poet feels very you and i feel like this combo goes so well with percival moon. theodore nn thor is a big gp for me but i feel like theodore “theo” is more up your alley !!

winter alistair

i normally am not a fan of repeated endings but this combo is actually gorgeous :heart_eyes: winter (b) and alistair are both longtime loves of mine & im happy to see them used !! this combo is just magical !!

percival moon

i like it !! feels very you, solid combo. percival “percy” is super cute !

florian stargazer

gorgeous !! stargazer is a fabulous name on any gender & goes super well with florian. flow is immaculate !!

wilbur solstice

i love both wilbur & solstrice individually but they aren’t going together for some reason ? i think solstice goes with florian, percival, & alistair bc of those “grand” vibes but wilbur is too cute ? (wilbur & theodore or wilbur & elio would be adorable brothers though :sparkling_heart: )

singles

what can i say, i adore them all :relieved:

ophelia snowstorm

:heart_eyes: gorgeous !!! this is my favorite so far. i love this combo— it’s elegant and sleek & snowstorm is such a lovely and unexpected middle. i’m not usually an ophelia fan but i adore this combo !

in fact, you might have made me fall for ophelia :eyes:

andromeda solveig

this feels like such a you combo. i’m not a huge fan of andromeda or solveig but i love them together & also i love them for you !!! andromeda “dom” is a gp of mine too & i feel like you might enjoy that. or andromeda “romy” !!

luljeta cosette

i adore luljeta aggressively :heart: but i don’t love it with cosette bc of the repeated sounds in luljeta cosette yknow what i mean ?

austėja sigrún

10/10, absolutely breathtaking combo !! you couldn’t improve this if you tried :heart_eyes: austėja is so beautiful !!

anežka wilde

i like it !! bold and spunky with a sharp sound. it flows well & the vibes go together well. super cool !!

singles

alethea im pronouncing as ah leh thee ah ? i dig it !!
artemisia “artie” is adorable :revolving_hearts:
cosima is sweet !!

i actually like your girls’ combos & names better than your boys’ combos & names, even though i really love both !! it’s just kind of rare for me to like girls’ names better :sweat_smile:

next poster please skip over the singles !!

1 Like

atreyu florentin russet / atreyu finnegan jesmond - [name_m]Atreyu[/name_m], while not my personal style, is a lovely name, very soft and melodic which is rare for boys names but which I love. I feel [name_m]Florentin[/name_m] fits that vibe a little better, it’s quite princely and storybook-ish here. [name_u]Russet[/name_u] feels a little harsh here in comparison to the other two names, Jesmond feels a little more vibey, however, [name_u]Finnegan[/name_u] does push it into a more “Instagram family” direction rather than that mysterious prince I get for [name_m]Florentin[/name_m].
Overall I can’t really say which one I prefer, probably a mix of the two.
Flow-wise both are really nice!

sylvester nikolai aurelio / sylvester adlai rhodes
I prefer the names of the first combo but as a combo, I think [name_u]Sylvester[/name_u] [name_m]Adlai[/name_m] [name_u]Rhodes[/name_u] sounds really cool and just vibes!
I think I’m just not feeling [name_m]Nikolai[/name_m] [name_m]Aurelio[/name_m] together in [name_f]English[/name_f], I think I’m missing stronger consonants.

robinson jesper marcello / robinson gregor hayes
I prefer the names of the first combo but find the second to be a little more coherent style-wise mainly because [name_m]Robinson[/name_m] is such an American name to me (as a first name that is) while both [name_m]Jesper[/name_m] and [name_m]Marcello[/name_m] are super European to me and feel almost strange when they’re used after [name_m]Robinson[/name_m] (which reads a surname to me as a European) rather than before?! Idk if that makes any sense.
[name_m]Gregor[/name_m] [name_u]Hayes[/name_u], especially [name_u]Hayes[/name_u] feel a lot more natural to me here and those Gs kn [name_m]Gregor[/name_m] also balance out the soft sounds of [name_m]Robinson[/name_m] and [name_u]Hayes[/name_u] nicely.
I do really like [name_m]Jesper[/name_m] [name_m]Marcello[/name_m] as middles, though, I think they would work really well with [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] or [name_m]Benedict[/name_m].

ambrose cassander lucio - love this one, so gentle yet so strong and very romantic!

indiana cagney arrigo / [name_u]Indiana[/name_u] jude wilder - definitely prefer the second one here even though [name_m]Arrigo[/name_m] is very interesting, I’m just not a fan of [name_m]Cagney[/name_m]. [name_u]Jude[/name_u] and [name_u]Wilder[/name_u] make [name_u]Indiana[/name_u] feels very outdoorsy, like a hike up a mountain or a cabin in the forest; also very youthful.

[name_u]Zephaniah[/name_u] runo alastor / [name_u]Zephaniah[/name_u] hawthorne rue
Not a big fan of [name_u]Zephaniah[/name_u] as it reads incredibly religious to me, however, I do really like [name_m]Hawthorne[/name_m] [name_u]Rue[/name_u] and Alastor as middle names for it as they feel very grounding. I’m not a big fan of the whole [name_u]Rune[/name_u] family, so [name_m]Runo[/name_m] isn’t for me either but I do like the look of it - I just find [name_m]Hawthorne[/name_m] [name_u]Rue[/name_u] (or even [name_m]Hawthorne[/name_m] Alastor) to be a bit nicer with [name_u]Zephaniah[/name_u].

benedict rosaire florimond / benedict harper augustine
I really like the vibe of both, the first one feels very romantic and the second one feels a little more stylish. Of the two, I’d go with BHA, because I find myself wanting to place the emphasis of Rosaire on the first syllable rather than the second as that seems to roll of the tongue more naturally in this combo.

ambrose harrison wesley - it’s a nice combo, very on-trend but I don’t find it nearly as exciting as your other [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] combo.

1 Like

Lola Mercedes- Lola is really sweet, I love it. Mercedes is not my favorite because of the car association but it flows well.

Alba Olalla- Alba is simple but unexpected. Olalla is very pretty but I don’t love them together. I’m not a fan of combos where both names end in A. I also don’t love the two names starting with Al Ol. They also visually look clunky together to me. Just my preference but both names individually are nice!

Sol Aurelia- Sol is really cool! Aurelia is stunning and definitely adds a feminine touch to the combo. I like the flow of this one!

Hugo Nicanor- love love love this one! I adore Hugo, it’s a long time favorite of mine. Nicanor is the coolest and I have been loving it lately. This is one of my favorites of yours!

Teo Silvestre- Teo is really cool. Silvestre is interesting too and I like these two together.

Artur Pelegrin- this is a nice combo too. Artur is handsome, and Pelegrin is nice as well. I like how this one sounds and looks-very handsome!

Ainara Eloise- this is very pretty. I haven’t heard of Ainara before but I like it a lot. Eloise is so sweet and these balance each other well.

Olaia Rosalind- love this one too! Olaia is gorgeous, and I adore Rosalind. The flow of this one is one of my favorites

Arthur Vyvyan Louis- I adore Arthur, so so sweet. I also love Vyvyan (and Vivian) on a boy. Louis is nice here as well. Great combo overall!

Ofelia Rosalind Mary- I personally prefer the Ophelia spelling, but I like the name. Rosalind I love and Mary is a beautiful classic.

Hugo Nicanor Edmund- you know I love Hugo Nicanor and I love Edmund too! Love this.

Flora Olalla Maude- I like this much better than Alba Olalla. While Flora and Olalla are both frilly and overly feminine, Maude balances them well.

Henry Iskandar Auguste- Henry is handsome and timeless. Iskandar is very cool, as is Auguste. Great overall!

Edgar Lionel Benet- Edgar isn’t my favorite Ed name but it’s nice. Lionel is ok too. Benet is nice. These aren’t my favorite individual names but the flow is good.

Victor Odilon Basil- Victor is handsome. Odilon is cool, I haven’t seen it before. Basil is handsome but I can’t get past the herb and see it as a name. Which is ironic because I love other herb and food names!

Alice Cordelia Margot- love love love! Alice is so sweet, Cordelia is stunning, and Margot adds a great spunk!

Mabel Augusta Lily- I love this. It’s clunky and sweet. Mabel is one of the sweetest names, I love Augusta’s vintage charm and Lily softens the combo, although I do prefer just Mabel Augusta.

Frida Elinor- Frida has been growing on me a lot lately. She’s pretty and feminine but very strong. Elinor is soft and goes great here.

Arthur Friedrich- I love Arthur and I adore Friedrich paired with it! So handsome.

Theo Casimir- Theo on its own has such a cool factor. Casimir is handsome and cool in its own way. I love these two together. The extravagant Casimir pairs well with simpler Theo.

Ella Ottilie- Ella is sweet but feels a bit boring to me. Ottilie is so cute.

Anouk Mathilda- I love Anouk. Spunky and adorable. Mathilda is so strong and pairs really well here!

2 Likes

lulit vera maple - aww, it’s so sweet! lulit is adorable, vera sounds strong and maple is lovely! this a cute combo!

indie mahlet sabine - it’s another pretty combo! i love indie, it sounds so sweet! mahlet is an unexpected, exciting choice. as for sabine, i’m not a fan but i like how it sounds in this combo.

elsi freya wildrose - elsi is super sweet! freya is not for me, but wildrose is such a cool choice!

oona elshaday clover - oona is not my style at all. elshaday sounds as a fresh middle choice, and clover is beautiful.

fern susannah tinsae - oh, i love it! fern is cute and susannah is such a lovely surprise. tinsae is perfection, i adore it!

zafe reuben adair - i know nothing about zafe but i like how short and cool it is. reuben is nice and adair is a great middle.

darcy isaac ferede - i love darcy, it’s soo handsome! isaac is ok, and ferede sounds new to me.

eben wilder bruk - i like it! eben is lovely and wilder is a huge favorite of mine. bruk is nice.

asa emmeru lark - it’s a cool combo! i’m not a fan of the names independently but together they sound nice!

you have so many lovely combos! it was nice to rate them! :sparkles:

1 Like

Funny you mentioned ‘Madrigal’, I actually got it from a character in the ‘Queens of Fennbirn’ book series!

1 Like

anna thames - anna is a lovely classic! though I’m certain how to pronounce thames, i don’t really care for it. the combo looks really pretty on paper, however!

astoria winter - astoria is a gp of mine. it’s not unusable, i just find it a bit too whimsical, though story would be a sweet nickname. winter is a perfect pairing with sweet astoria!

aveline boheme - i’m off and on for aveline. i’m pronouncing it ah-veh-leen, so correct me if you say it differently. boheme is nms, and i’m not certain whether it looks nice with aveline, but it sounds lovely!

banks lilibet - next to your other combos, this one seems a bit out-of-place, though cute! i’ve never considered banks on a girl, but i rather like it! lilibet isn’t my favorite, but i like how it balances out the masculine banks.

celia vesper - i’ve never understood the appeal for vesper, but i really like this combo for you! celia is sweet, and vesper balances out the softness. good combo!

doris salinger - i’m uncertain of the pronunciation of salinger, but in all honesty, this combo feels a bit dated to me. maybe pairing doris with a sweet-sounding, familiar, a touch-more modern name would balance doris better!

dusty sedona - i’m not a fan of the repeating d and s sounds. while dusty is cute, it sounds a bit more like a pet name in my opinion. while sedona isn’t my style, i like how it looks paired with dusty!

lily azure - this name fits your style perfectly, and i think it’s beautiful. while i prefer the lilly spelling, lily is classic and can’t be flawed. i like the imagery that this combo conjures. a lovely pink lily on an azure sky background!

mae reverie - this on is sweet, and i think she would be a perfect sister to lily azure. reverie is also a gp of mine, and i can’t get over how lovely she is. mae is a beautiful name that definitely deserves more attention in the first name spot!

scout magnolia - this one feels a little too nature-y for me. for some reason, it just doesn’t seem to balance like lily azure does. magnolia is a lovely name, very mature! scout fits your style wonderfully.

siena bear - i’ve recently been loving bear on a girl. i unfortunately have bad associations with siena, but i think she fits really well with bear!

windsor belle - i love this combo! she feels very regal and sweet. i’m definitely seeing a palace. beautiful, beautiful is all i can say!

my favorites of your combos are astoria winter and windsor belle! i would suggest…

i’ll do your boys combos next time! :blush:

@norin tagged to see the update

1 Like

Here you go @autumn.leaves ! It was a pleasure. :yellow_heart:

Annabelle Hope - Annabelle has never been a favorite of mine. It’s probably the movies that tamper it for me. Other than that, the combo flows well and has a princess-y charm to it.
Charlotte Grey - Neither name is my style, but I think the names compliment each other really well! It feels very elegant and high fashion in a good way!
Dahlia Meredith - The flow is good, but for some reason the styles clash for me. I’ve always found Meredith a bit dated, so that is probably why. Dahlia is dark and mysterious, and the combo exudes imagery of dark green pine trees in a dense, misty forest.
eleanora belle - This has the same frilly, girlie feel as Annabelle Hope, but I think this one ages better! I greatly prefer Eleanora to Eleanor, so I am glad to see it getting some love! The combo flows well and feels like lacy dresses and blush pink roses.
Eloise Faye - These names run into each other a bit, but I don’t think it’s a problem. Both nice names, and I imagine a very feminine girl who always has a book with her.
Elowen Briar - This combo is more outdoorsy than some of your others, which I love! Elowen has always sounded like a whimsical, elvish name to me, and Briar matches that vibe so well! The flow and feel of this is sublime!
Elsie Nightingale - This. Is. Stunning. Elsie is light and bright and airy, and Nightingale really grounds it and gives an extra sense of mystery! The names flow and balance one another out really well! I picture her in a navy blue ballgown, and there’s definitely more to her than meets the eye.
Hadassah Rue - Feels different from a lot of your other names, but I love the off-beat biblical name! Rue is also so sweet! Flows really well. (Sorry, I don’t have any particular imagery for this one!)
Lucy Adelaide - Love this! A baby at my church is named Lucy, and that has really warmed me up to the name! I imagine a blonde little girl playing with imaginary fairies in the garden!
Opal Cecily - Opal has never been a favorite of mine, so I would prefer Cecily Opal. That said, there is nothing objectively wrong with the combo!
Polly Rose - Feels a bit incomplete to me. Do you like Pollyanna Rose or Polly Rosalind? It is cute though, and I imagine a little girl dressed in her Sunday best, wearing a pastel bow in her hair.
Sullivan Juliet - I am honestly so surprised to see Sullivan on your girls list! It isn’t my personal style, but Juliet does balance it out (I love Juliet, btw!) I would imagine someone with this name to be a bit more rough-and-tumble, but also could grow into a sophisticated adult.

Augustus Brave - I absolutely adore this! Augustus is so regal, and Brave pairs perfectly with it! It is very regal, but also feels quite woodsy to me!
Caspian Amadeus - Gosh, I love this too! Just so handsome and is definitely fit for royalty!
Edmund Theodore - Love this also! (I am having a hard time coming up with things to say about your boy names because I love them so much!) I am definitely catching all of the Narnia vibes from your past two combos! Love, love, love! This also flows really well!
Finlay Judah - This one feels more down to earth than the previous boy combos, which I really like! Just a lovely name that would suit anybody! Feels adventurous and rugged!
Gideon Leo - I go back and forth on Gideon, but I do think this is a nice combo!

Hope this was satisfactory! I love Elowen Briar, Elsie Nightingale and Lucy Adelaide from your girls list, and Augustus Brave and Finlay Judah from your boys! But really, your whole list is lovely!

Next Poster: You do NOT have to do the single names on my list unless you really want to!

1 Like

marie sonnet - marie isn’t really my style, but i can appreciate it, especially since it is a very underrated name. sonnet is so sweet and the combo overally has a such a cozy vibe.

anya lavender - i adore this! i honestly have nothing to complain about with anya lavender because it’s so perfect. the flow, the vibe… everthing!

cosette lilac - another basically perfect one. i love how both names are very feminine and delicate while still being strong and unique.

juliet - not my style, but very pretty and elegant.
aurelia - a lovely name, but it doesn’t fit in 100% with your other names, imo.
rose - gorgeous! so simple and timeless.
june - one of my very favorite names. vintage but modern and fresh at the same time.
emma - a tiny bit boring just because it’s so popular, but very pretty.
clara - clara has never really been my thing. its pretty enough, but not particularly unique to me.

august henry - feels a bit boring compared to your other combos, especially the boys, but it is still a very lovely combo that flows wonderfully and has a great vibe.

finnian peter - the vibes between these two names seem kinda… off. peter is a tiny bit dated, but relatively classic, and finnian seems a bit more out there. other than that, the flow is very nice.

wesley cosmo - my fave of your boys. cosmo is a new favorite of mine, and wesley is such a sweet name. the flow is great as well.

todd alistair - the vibes in this one feel off to me. todd is very dated and i can’t see the appeal (sorry!), and alistair has a harsh sound. however, the flow is perfect.

hansel - much prefer ansel, since hansel seems very ‘hansel and gretel’
philip - sweet and cozy! very prince-like.
leonid - i’m not sure how well this fits with the rest of your names. it is more interesting than all the other leo- names, though.
timothy - another recent favorite of mine! i love the vintage vibes and timothy seems like the definition of a cottagecore to me.
forest - i like forest as a middle name, but it feels unnatural (?) as a first to me.
linus - reminds me of the peanuts character, and the sound isn’t very appealing to me. it does fit in with the cozy vibes of your other names, though.

great uc overall @may.rose!

3 Likes

sylvie maxine - i’m not a fan of these names independently but together they make a lovely combo! i love how these elegant, feminine and pretty names make such a romantic combo.

anaís pauline - again, the names are not my style but they sound beautiful together. the combo is strong, smart and so feminine.

betty flora - this combo has a whole different vibe. i can picture a beautiful little girl with braids running around in the countryside. it’s a sweet combo!

elisabeth fleur - another gorgeous combo! the names sound beautiful together, i love them. also, billie is an adorable nickname.

francine - i like how fancy it sounds. in my opinion, francine is a timeless beauty.

dorothea - classy, feminine and strong! it works perfectly with so many names.

cecily - cecily is lovely however, i prefer celia.

willow - ahh, willow. i love it!

archer bellamy - this combo sounds so calm and warm. archer is gorgeous and bellamy is such a sweet middle name.

rafa penrose - the combo sounds cool but i’m not a fan of the names.

pasha raphael - again, the combo has a great flow but it’s not my style.

jules - it sounds classy and smart but i would not use it.

moon - i love it! it can be a brave and fresh choice that works perfectly with almost every name.

laurie - love, love, love laurie!

2 Likes

@norin

anna thames: i’m not usually a fan of either name but they make a lovely combo! it sounds pretty and feminine, but also very smart and well put together.

astoria winter: i really like these two paired together! they compliment each other really well, and usually i don’t like it when two names with the same ending sound are paired together!

aveline boheme: love love love! probably my favourite girl combo that you have on your list. both of the names have been growing on me recently and they both shine when paired together. i imagine a little girl running through a grassy hill or down by a river in a little summer frock.

banks lilibet: the flow is good, but for some reason i just cant see it on a child the way i can with all of your other combos. its obviously just my personal opinion though, and i like it for somebody else.

celia vesper: celia’s never been a favourite of mine, although i do like vesper quite a bit. i can imagine a little curly-haired girl playing games in the garden.

doris salinger: i remember when i first discovered the name salinger by looking at your uc and was instantly in love with it! i still really like it! i like doris as well, and think it’s way overdue for a comeback!

dusty sedona: not a fan of dusty, but sedona is new to me and it intrigues me! i think the combo sounds really cool, but definitely too brave for me!

lily azure: this is such a sweet combo! it feels simple but also complete, and i really like it!

mae reverie: this is so sweet! i love mae paired with reverie, it flows really well and the names go super well together.

scout magnolia: i like this combo! it’s very sweet :two_hearts: magnolia is gorgeous as a middle. the vibes of the combo are really nice, and gives me the most lovely imagery, like berry picking, horse-back riding and picnics in the summertime.

siena bear: i adore this one! i could so imagine this on a little girl :pleading_face: absolutely gorgeous. and bear is just so cute- i really like it for a girl! i’ve recently begun to fall for her. the whole combo is so sweet and innocent.

windsor belle: probably my second favourite for girls, after aveline boheme. windsor is very cool and i really like it. i like winslet and winston too so it really fits in with my style! belle is another one of my long time favourites. overall the combo just feels really fresh and cute.

atticus river: i love both atticus and river! i love the balance of more timeless, classic names with nature names in your combos. they are all really well put together and i love the vibes.

brooks walden: i like brooks but am not a fan of walden, so the combo isn’t my favourite.

callaghan thoreau: thoreau is very cool and is really growing on me! callaghan isn’t for me, but i do have to admit it is very nice in a combo with thoreau.

elio reed: for some reason this combo doesn’t really feel complete to me. maybe it’s because elio and reed are both fairly short names? not a favourite, but again it is lovely for somebody else.

elmer poet: elmer gives me bad accossiations so i would never use it, same as poet. the combo does sound cool i’m just not a fan of either name.

elwood darcy: same as elmer poet

finn ollivander: although i prefer oliver to ollivander, i love finn and really like this combo! it feels very handsome and fresh.

graham rhodes: again, just the individual names aren’t my particular style which makes me dislike the combo a little bit.

linus theodore: i like theodore better than linus but i like the contrast between the longer, more classic name and linus. overall i do like the combo!

laurence bear: laurence is so handsome and underused! i would be delighted to see him used. as for bear, i really love it, although prefer it a little more on a girl.

phineas moose: i’m absolutely in love! i like phineas a lot and i absolutely LOVE it paired with moose. moose is very cute, fresh and underused! it is a name that i’ve recently been crushing on. i really love this combo!

rufus wilder: absolutely adore this combo. it makes me think of a little boy walking with his family in a forest, running along fallen logs and making dens out of tree branches.

my top two combos for each gender are aveline boheme, windsor belle, phineas moose and rufus wilder!

1 Like