Rate these baby names!

Please rank these girl names out of 5 (X/5), based off of style, spelling and personal opinion, etc :slight_smile: I’d love for you to share your opinions on them as well!

• [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] (nn Persie)
  • [name_f]Violetta[/name_f] /e
  • [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] (nn [name_u]Clemmie[/name_u], Clem)
  • [name_f]Valentina[/name_f] (nn Val)
  • [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] (Goldie)
  • [name_f]Freyja[/name_f]

FYI, the siblings are [name_m]Nikolai[/name_m] and [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]. Thoughts?

2 Likes

[name_f]Persephone[/name_f]- 9/10 I adore this name
[name_f]Violetta[/name_f]- 8/10 very nice [name_f]Violette[/name_f]- 7/10 not as nice
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f]- 10/10 I know a little [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] who goes by Thyme/tiny and I think its the sweetest thing
[name_f]Valentina[/name_f]- 6/10 good name but I’ve never liked names ending in tina
[name_f]Marigold[/name_f]- 9.5/10 I also adore this name
[name_f]Freyja[/name_f]- 5/10 pretty on paper not so much in sound

1 Like

[name_f]Persephone[/name_f] 10/10 such a nice name with a lovely meaning - I really like it :slight_smile:
[name_f]Violetta[/name_f] - 10/10 I also really like this name and the various nicknames you can have from it!
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f] - 7/10 it’s an alright name, not my style, but it does give me joyful vibes
[name_f]Valentina[/name_f] - 10/10, one of my favorite names, love how versatile it is and the nicknames from it as well!
[name_f]Marigold[/name_f] - 7/10, not really my style but it’s cute
[name_f]Freyja[/name_f] - 6/10, I like the history and meaning behind the name, but I feel like people would butcher it’s pronunciation, depending on where you live.

1 Like

[name_f]Persephone[/name_f] - 4/5
[name_f]Violetta[/name_f] - 3/5
[name_f]Violette[/name_f] -3/5
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f] -4.5/5
[name_f]Valentina[/name_f] -3/5
[name_f]Marigold[/name_f] -3/5
[name_f]Freyja[/name_f] -2/5

1 Like

Nikolai, Sebastian and Persephone or Violetta are my favorites

1 Like

[name_f]Persephone[/name_f] – 4/5
[name_f]Violetta[/name_f] – 4/5
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f] – 1/5
[name_f]Valentina[/name_f] – 5/5
[name_f]Marigold[/name_f] – 4/5
[name_f]Freyja[/name_f] – 2/5

[name_f]Persephone[/name_f] • 8
[name_f]Freyja[/name_f] • 5.5
[name_f]Violetta[/name_f] • 9
[name_f]Marigold[/name_f] • 7
[name_u]Valentine[/name_u] • 8.5
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f] • 7.5

[name_f]Persephone[/name_f] (nn Persie) 0/5 The goddess association is too strong and too much for me
[name_f]Violetta[/name_f] 4/5
[name_f]Violette[/name_f] 4/5
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f] (nn [name_u]Clemmie[/name_u], Clem) 2/5 Not my style
[name_f]Valentina[/name_f] (nn Val) 3/5
[name_f]Marigold[/name_f] (Goldie) 4/5
[name_f]Freyja[/name_f] 5/5 I prefer the spelling [name_f]Freja[/name_f] but it’s also great with this spelling

I think all these names work well with siblings named [name_m]Nikolai[/name_m] and [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m].

[name_f]Persephone[/name_f] - 3.5/5
[name_f]Violetta[/name_f] / [name_f]Violette[/name_f] - 5/5
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f] - 5/5
[name_f]Valentina[/name_f] - 4/5
[name_f]Marigold[/name_f] - 5/5
[name_f]Freyja[/name_f] - 3.5/5

They all would go beautifully with [name_m]Nikolai[/name_m] and [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]!

[name_f]Persephone[/name_f] (nn Persie) - 4/5 very unique, I like the flow of the name. unfortunate story behind it but I hardly think that matters

[name_f]Violetta[/name_f] /e - 4/5 I prefer the simpler [name_f]Violet[/name_f] but this is also lovely

[name_f]Clementine[/name_f] (nn [name_u]Clemmie[/name_u], Clem) - 0/5 hard. pass. sounds like a character on [name_m]Little[/name_m] House on the Prairie…or a dog

[name_f]Valentina[/name_f] (nn Val) - 4/5 beautiful name, the designer [name_m]Valentino[/name_m] does kind of turn me off from actually using it though unfortunately

[name_f]Marigold[/name_f] (Goldie) - 4/5 a little dated but so underused that it’s hardly associated with anything but the flower. I like it

[name_f]Freyja[/name_f] - 2/5 I don’t like the way the ‘j’ looks in there

1. [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]
  2. [name_f]Valentina[/name_f]
  3. [name_f]Violetta[/name_f]
  4. [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]
  5. [name_f]Freyja[/name_f]
  6. [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] (love Persie as a nickname though!)

The above are my personal rankings, but with siblings [name_m]Nikolai[/name_m] and [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m], I favor [name_f]Valentina[/name_f] or [name_f]Violetta[/name_f]!

[name_f]Persephone[/name_f] - 5/5. I love the mythological origin and Persie is an adorable nickname!
Violetta/e - 3/5. I personally prefer ‘Violette’ to ‘Violetta’ but love how girly it is and all the nn possibilities (Lettie, [name_f]Etta[/name_f], Via)
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f] - 4/5. I adore this as a full name but am not so keen on the nicknames!
[name_f]Valentina[/name_f] - 3/5. It’s a beautiful name, but I’m not a fan of names ending in ‘tina’.
[name_f]Marigold[/name_f] - 5/5. Sooo cute and underused!
[name_f]Freyja[/name_f] - 4/10. Really gorgeous!

I think [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] and [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] would go great with [name_m]Nikolai[/name_m] and [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]!

[name_f]Persephone[/name_f]: 5. Not sure I’m keen on the Persie nickname, but I do love the length of it and its soft yet spunky sound.
[name_f]Violetta[/name_f]: 3
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f]: 4
[name_f]Valentina[/name_f]: 4
[name_f]Marigold[/name_f]: 3
[name_f]Freyja[/name_f]: 5. I adore this name in this way, but it would likely unfortunately cause little [name_f]Freyja[/name_f] a lifetime of correcting the spelling. I’d use it as a middle for this reason myself.

I think of the five though, [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] works best with [name_m]Nikolai[/name_m] & [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m].

5/5 [name_f]Freyja[/name_f] - along with [name_f]Isla[/name_f], this is a name I adore despite it’s current ubiquity. Feminine and bad@as in equal measure. [name_u]Warrior[/name_u] princess.

3/5 [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] - along with [name_f]Margot[/name_f] & [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] this feels like the default ‘edgy’ / Notting [name_m]Hill[/name_m] option. [name_u]Strong[/name_u] hipster vibes, and in my part of the world Clem(s) means something that you’d never want your daughter to be called nor derivatives like [name_u]Clemmie[/name_u]. All that aside, in itself it’s a pleasant name with pleasant sounds.

3/5 [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] - I understand people wanting alternatives to [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] and [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] but this feels a little try-hard, with no intuitive nicknames. [name_f]Imo[/name_f] there are nicer lesser-used Greek names, I.e [name_f]Thebe[/name_f], [name_f]Ariadne[/name_f], [name_f]Nephele[/name_f].

3/5 [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] - not a fan but here for the sheer whimsy. [name_f]Goldie[/name_f] is cute, as is [name_f]Mari[/name_f] (Mah-ri).

2/5 [name_f]Valentina[/name_f]. Not at all on my radar of faves but feels classic and feminine, both of which are qualities I like.

1/5 [name_f]Violetta[/name_f]. I quite intensely dislike [name_f]Violet[/name_f] (violent) and it’s all I see. The -Etta suffix is cute though.