Rate these combos

I’ve recently done one of these but just on singular names. But now I’ve come up with a few combos and I wanted to hear people’s opinions on them.

Rosalie [name_f]Marianne[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] - [name_f]Marianne[/name_f] is after my grandma [name_f]Maureen[/name_f] and [name_f]Violet[/name_f] is after my dad’s grandma
Lilawyn [name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] - [name_f]Lily[/name_f] is the meaning of my mum’s name, [name_f]Susan[/name_f] and the -wyn ending is a nod to my welsh heritage. [name_f]Emma[/name_f] has a very special meaning to me that I’d rather not share because it’s very personal. [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] is a vague reference to my nickname Squirrel that my dad gave me when I was born.
[name_f]Mariposa[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Peony[/name_f] - [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] was almost my middle name and is also the name of my great aunt.

Varian [name_m]Richard[/name_m] [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] - [name_m]Richard[/name_m] is my grandfather and also my brother’s middle name. [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] is my brother’s first name.
[name_u]Carlin[/name_u] [name_m]David[/name_m] [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] - [name_m]David[/name_m] is my grandfather’s middle name and [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] is my youngest brother.
[name_m]Oscar[/name_m] [name_m]Derek[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] - [name_m]Derek[/name_m] is my grandad and [name_u]James[/name_u] is my dad’s middle name.

Rosalie [name_f]Marianne[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] is floral but Marianme grounds it

Lilawyn [name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] is unexpected and lovely to say

Mariposa [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Peony[/name_f] is a bit much for me. I think having both [name_f]Peony[/name_f] and [name_f]Mariposa[/name_f] is just a bit heavy

Varian [name_m]Richard[/name_m] [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] is grand and cool

Carlin [name_m]David[/name_m] [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] has a modern yet vintage feel

Oscar [name_m]Derek[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] -love [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] and the middles flow

Thanks for your opinions. I was thinking the same about [name_f]Mariposa[/name_f] and [name_f]Peony[/name_f] together. Other ideas for the last middle were [name_u]Willow[/name_u] and [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]. Would either of those work better?

[name_f]Mariposa[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] feels more balanced :slight_smile:

Overall I like the balance of whimsy and groundedness particularly in your girls combos! I love [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] [name_f]Marianne[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]’s balance and flow, and your boys combos all flow well. I agree with @Greyblue that [name_f]Mariposa[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Peony[/name_f] is a little much, although I do think it’s usable if that doesn’t bother you. [name_f]Mariposa[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] is stunning.

I do prefer Lilawen to Lilawyn for a girl, because that keeps the connection to your heritage while being more true to the traditional way a girl’s name is spelled. Lilawyn/Lilawen [name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] is beautiful and meaningful! I also would suggest Liliwen since it has the [name_f]Lily[/name_f] meaning and is very occasionally used in [name_m]Wales[/name_m].

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

Here are my thoughts-

Girls-

[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] [name_f]Marianne[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]-Beautiful! Feminine, vintage, not flakey sounding. Simple yet not over done. Perfect. But why not [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] [name_f]Maureen[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]? I like [name_f]Maureen[/name_f]!

Lilawyn [name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f]-Lilawyn seems a bit made-up-y. [name_m]Just[/name_m] [name_f]Lily[/name_f] or some other ‘wyn/wen’ name would be good. The [name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] part is pretty.

[name_f]Mariposa[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Peony[/name_f]-This is alright. I don’t know. [name_f]Mariposa[/name_f] is just a bit much.

[name_m]Varian[/name_m] [name_m]Richard[/name_m] [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u]-Hm. This just reminds me of the word variant. Kind of odd. The mns are good.

[name_u]Carlin[/name_u] [name_m]David[/name_m] [name_m]Samuel[/name_m]-I think that this may be sort of feminine. [name_u]Love[/name_u] the mns! Maybe [name_m]Carl[/name_m] or [name_m]Carlo[/name_m]? [name_m]Calvin[/name_m]?

[name_m]Oscar[/name_m] [name_m]Derek[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]-This is beautiful. Handsome, smart, a little quirky. Great name.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

Rosalie [name_f]Marianne[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] - this is beautiful! I love it, it’s so sweet. [name_f]Violet[/name_f] is one of my favorite names, and I’ve always had a soft spot for [name_f]Marianne[/name_f] (thanks to “C’mon [name_f]Marianne[/name_f]”!!). I also love [name_f]Maureen[/name_f] though, if you’re open to using it I think [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] [name_f]Maureen[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] is lovely.
Lilawyn [name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] - Lilawyn is magical, it sounds straight out of a fantasy novel! [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] is one of my favorites, I love it! [name_f]Emma[/name_f] seems pretty popular, but I like it as a middle, and I love that it has meaning for you.
[name_f]Mariposa[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Peony[/name_f] - I love [name_f]Mariposa[/name_f] ([name_f]Mari[/name_f] & [name_f]Posie[/name_f] are great nickname options!!), it’s stunning. I’m normally not the biggest fan of [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] as a middle, because it feels so overused, but I like it here! I especially love the meaning too. I also really love [name_f]Peony[/name_f], but it does seem “P” heavy with [name_f]Mariposa[/name_f]. I love both [name_f]Mariposa[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_u]Willow[/name_u] and [name_f]Mariposa[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] a lot more!!

Varian [name_m]Richard[/name_m] [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] - [name_m]Varian[/name_m] is the coolest, I love it. I prefer [name_m]Valerian[/name_m] myself, but that’s a personal preference. I don’t like [name_m]Richard[/name_m], but it has meaning for you, and that’s all that matters! I love [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u].
[name_u]Carlin[/name_u] [name_m]David[/name_m] [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] - the only [name_u]Carlin[/name_u] I know is a girl, so it does feel feminine to me. However, I like feminine names on boys! The middles are great, and balance it well.
[name_m]Oscar[/name_m] [name_m]Derek[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] - this is so handsome and sweet, it’s perfect!

Rosalie [name_f]Marianne[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]- Beautiful! The names and the namesakes name a great combo.
Lilawyn [name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f]- Another very nice choice!
[name_f]Mariposa[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Peony[/name_f]- This name I’m least attracted to. It seems more heavily floral than the others somehow…

Varian [name_m]Richard[/name_m] [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u]- I’ve never seen the name [name_m]Varian[/name_m] before. Where it it from?
[name_u]Carlin[/name_u] [name_m]David[/name_m] [name_m]Samuel[/name_m]- I like this one best, but I’d swap it for [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] [name_m]David[/name_m] [name_u]Carlin[/name_u]
[name_m]Oscar[/name_m] [name_m]Derek[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]- I think I’d like [name_m]Derek[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] better away from [name_m]Oscar[/name_m].

Thanks for your opinions! [name_m]Varian[/name_m] is from the Tangled TV series. I know it’s a pretty childish thing to watch but I loved the show and the name immediately stood out to me.

I really love your names ! [name_f]My[/name_f] favorites are Lilawyn [name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f], [name_f]Mariposa[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Peony[/name_f] and [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] [name_m]Derek[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] ! I think [name_f]Posie[/name_f] or [name_f]Posey[/name_f] is a really cute nickname for [name_f]Mariposa[/name_f] :slight_smile: