Rate these names!

[name_m]Hi[/name_m], I’m not expecting but I really like how these first names and middle names sound together. I was wondering what other people’s opinions are. Please rate them from 1 (lowest) to 10 (highest). Also other middle name suggestions are welcome! Thank you :smiley:

[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Giselle[/name_f]
[name_u]Beau[/name_u] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_f]Plum[/name_f]
Lei (lay) [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f]
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_u]Everett[/name_u]
[name_u]Jude[/name_u] [name_m]Sumner[/name_m]
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_u]Penrose[/name_u]
[name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_m]Fox[/name_m]

[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Giselle[/name_f] - I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] this one. Never thought I’d care too much for the name [name_f]Daphne[/name_f], but paired with [name_f]Giselle[/name_f]…wow!

[name_u]Beau[/name_u] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] - Good, strong name. Looks like it could have fit in just fine in the 1940s as well as today.

[name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_f]Plum[/name_f] - Very cute. I think of a mousy-haired five-year-old with an affinity for catching fairies.

Lei [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] - The first name might give her some grief in high school (get laid is a commonly used term amongst teenagers)

[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_u]Everett[/name_u] - [name_u]August[/name_u] is such a strong name that I almost think [name_u]Everett[/name_u] is too strong to be a middle name.

[name_u]Jude[/name_u] [name_m]Sumner[/name_m] - [name_u]Love[/name_u], love, love this name!

[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_u]Penrose[/name_u] - It looks pretty in written form, but it doesn’t flow too well when you say it out loud.

[name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_m]Fox[/name_m] - Pretty neutral about this one. [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] isn’t quite uncommon enough to warrant a revival, in my opinion.

I’m allergic to numbers, but here’s my feedback and ranking!

[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Giselle[/name_f] - [name_u]Truly[/name_u], I’m smitten (though I do prefer [name_f]Gisele[/name_f]). Elegant and modern; that’s my favorite vibe.

[name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_f]Plum[/name_f] - I’m the same as @phoenix RE: the imagery, but I think it could age well, too! A lot of cutesy names work just fine for adults.

[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_u]Everett[/name_u] - I’m a fan-- borderline BIG fan-- but something about [name_u]Everett[/name_u] just doesn’t quite work for me in the combo? I think the -t ending would lend itself beautifully to just about any vowel sound, though, which is the great news there (off the top of my head: [name_u]August[/name_u] [name_u]Orion[/name_u], [name_u]August[/name_u] [name_u]Ira[/name_u], [name_u]August[/name_u] [name_m]Abel[/name_m], [name_u]August[/name_u] [name_u]Ellery[/name_u], [name_u]August[/name_u] [name_m]Ulysses[/name_m]).

[name_u]Beau[/name_u] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] - A great name, and one that will age especially well: if a [name_u]Beau[/name_u] ever feels like he needs a more “grownup” name, what better backup than [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]?

[name_u]Jude[/name_u] [name_m]Sumner[/name_m] - Adorable. [name_u]Jude[/name_u] isn’t really my type of name, but the pairing works super well.

[name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_m]Fox[/name_m] - I like [name_m]Fox[/name_m] as a middle name, but [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] is one of the few Biblical names I’ve never really been able to embrace. That said, there’s absolutely nothing wrong with it, and the meaning is gorgeous. What better legacy than laughter?

[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_u]Penrose[/name_u] - This one is cute, but it sounds like it was made up? Like, to me, “[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_u]Penrose[/name_u]” is more likely a bored housewife’s pseudonym than it is a baby name. However-- and it’s a big however!-- I think [name_u]Penrose[/name_u] is precious, and I would actually love to see it in a first name slot.

…And since I’m with @phoenix on the “Lei” thing-- unless you’re Hawaiian, I think it’s a terrible idea, at least if you’re American-- I’m going to throw [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] [name_u]Penrose[/name_u] and [name_u]Penrose[/name_u] [name_u]Alexis[/name_u] out there, along with [name_u]Penrose[/name_u] [name_f]Carola[/name_f] (I plucked that off [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]'s tree at Behind the Name). Which isn’t what you asked me to do, I’m sorry, but I don’t know how to shut up.

[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Giselle[/name_f]- [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] is one of my favorites, I’m not crazy about it with [name_f]Giselle[/name_f], though.
[name_u]Beau[/name_u] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]- Nice name, I could get behind it.
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_f]Plum[/name_f]- [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] is great. [name_f]Plum[/name_f] is not my style at all.
Lei (lay) [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f]- [name_m]Don[/name_m]'t like Lei at all (just think of the schoolyard chants…), but [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] is wonderful.
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_u]Everett[/name_u]- [name_u]August[/name_u] is great. I’ve never been on the [name_u]Everett[/name_u]-love bandwagon. I just don’t care for it much.
[name_u]Jude[/name_u] [name_m]Sumner[/name_m]- Nice. I like [name_u]Jude[/name_u] a lot.
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_u]Penrose[/name_u]- [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] would be a lot better.
[name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_m]Fox[/name_m]- It’s ok.

[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Giselle[/name_f] - Not my style
[name_u]Beau[/name_u] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] - I love this name. Strong. Both boyish and a gentleman.
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_f]Plum[/name_f] - I think it is stuck in a five year old’s body, sorry.
Lei (lay) [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] - I love the name Lei (pronounced [name_u]Lee[/name_u]) and [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] is beautiful
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_u]Everett[/name_u] - Handsome, beautiful combo
[name_u]Jude[/name_u] [name_m]Sumner[/name_m] - see above
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_u]Penrose[/name_u] - I don’t care much for [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] as a name but I think this combo is lovely. I love [name_u]Penrose[/name_u].
[name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_m]Fox[/name_m] - Again, I don’t care for [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] much but the combo is lovely.

I’d rate them: [name_u]Beau[/name_u] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m], [name_u]August[/name_u] [name_u]Everett[/name_u], Lei [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f], [name_u]Jude[/name_u] [name_m]Sumner[/name_m], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_u]Penrose[/name_u], [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_m]Fox[/name_m], [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Giselle[/name_f], [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_f]Plum[/name_f]

[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Giselle[/name_f]: love it! Not a huge fan of [name_f]Daphne[/name_f], but I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_f]Giselle[/name_f] and [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] works really well with it. Both soft but strong. 9/10.

[name_u]Beau[/name_u] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]: very handsome, [name_u]Beau[/name_u] is really growing on me and this is a great combo. 10/10.

[name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_f]Plum[/name_f]: [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]. [name_f]Plum[/name_f] is nms but it’s a sweet combo. 8/10.

Lei (lay) [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f]: [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] is lovely, but I’m not a fan of Lei. 4/10.

[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_u]Everett[/name_u]: I really like [name_u]August[/name_u]. [name_u]Everett[/name_u] is nms but goes well here. 7/10.

[name_u]Jude[/name_u] [name_m]Sumner[/name_m]: again, love the first name but not wild about the middle. Very handsome together though. 8/10.

[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_u]Penrose[/name_u]: OK, but I’d say [name_u]Penrose[/name_u] is more of a masculine surname name. [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] is pretty if a bit bland. 5/10.

[name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_m]Fox[/name_m]: fabulous combo. [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] is a favourite of mine and [name_m]Fox[/name_m] spices it up a bit. 10/10.