Rate these names

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] berries. Could you rate these names? The names parentheses are nicknames.

[name_f]Lola[/name_f] ([name_f]Carlotta[/name_f])
[name_f]Jeannie[/name_f]/Jean ([name_f]Jeanette[/name_f])
[name_f]Wilma[/name_f] ([name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f])
[name_f]Viva[/name_f] ([name_u]Vivian[/name_u])
[name_f]Millie[/name_f] ([name_f]Matilda[/name_f])
[name_u]Kit[/name_u] ([name_f]Katerina[/name_f])
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] ([name_f]Pippa[/name_f])

[name_m]Aurelius[/name_m] ([name_f]Aura[/name_f])
[name_u]Beckett[/name_u] ([name_u]Beck[/name_u])
[name_m]Rueben[/name_m] ([name_u]Rue[/name_u])
[name_u]Aeron[/name_u] (Aero)
[name_m]Clayton[/name_m] ([name_m]Clay[/name_m])
[name_m]Bartolomeo[/name_m] ([name_m]Bart[/name_m])
[name_m]Finneas[/name_m] ([name_u]Finn[/name_u])

Carlotta nn [name_f]Lola[/name_f]: [name_f]Lola[/name_f] is super sweet but i’m not a huge fan of carlotta. it sounds dated to me.

jeanette nn jean/jeanie: all of these sound dated to me

wilhelmina nn wilma: i do love wilhelmina, but not wilma. i love willa, minnie, mina, or millie as nicknames!

vivian nn viva: nice classic name but much more popular than your other options

matilda nn millie: love this! matilda is so strong and millie is so sweet!

katerina nn kit: this is nice. kit is really cute and katerina is unexpected

penelope nn pippa: this is also nice! i love lots of nicknames for penelope including pippa but also nell, nellie, lola, and poppy!

aurelius nn aura: aurelius is very handsome but aura sounds a bit feminine. i personally like feminine names on boys but people would probably assume someone named aura was a girl. if you go with aurelian, i love rel or relian as nicknames (idk if you’ve seen captain fantastic but one of the kids is named relian and i love it!)

beckett nn beck: love this!

rueben nn rue: i love reuben and ruben, not the spelling rueben just looks off and wrong to me. i think you can get the cute nn rue just as easily from the traditional spellings

aeron nn aero: i think this will cause lots of problems for him in the future. lots of explaining that it isn’t aaron, and people will think you made up a trendy spelling.

clayton nn clay: this one is nice. i know a clayton who goes by clay who is in his 20s, and it fits him. it gives me southern vibes

bartolomeo nn bart: this is a lot of name. i’m not a huge fan. bart is not my favorite either, it’s a bit harsh for me. how about…arthur or even arturo nn art (or artie, ari, etc), barnaby, or barnabas?

finneas nn finn: i don’t like this spelling. the traditional phineas is so handsome and you can still call him phin or even finn if you want!

colby nn cory: this doesn’t make sense to me. how does colby become cory? they are too names that are equal length, and colby has no r.

Ranked from favorite to least:
[name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] - prefer nn [name_f]Willa[/name_f]
[name_f]Jeanette[/name_f]/Jeannie
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]/Millie
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u] - I don’t love any nn for this
[name_f]Katerina[/name_f]
[name_f]Carlotta[/name_f]
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f]

Rueben
[name_m]Finneas[/name_m]
[name_m]Aurelius[/name_m]
[name_m]Bartolomeo[/name_m]
[name_u]Beckett[/name_u]
[name_u]Colby[/name_u]
[name_u]Aeron[/name_u]
[name_m]Clayton[/name_m]

What lovely lists! From favorite to least favorite:

Penelope nn [name_f]Pippa[/name_f]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f] nn [name_f]Millie[/name_f]
[name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] nn [name_f]Wilma[/name_f]
[name_f]Jeanette[/name_f] nn [name_f]Jeannie[/name_f]/Jean
[name_f]Katerina[/name_f] nn [name_u]Kit[/name_u]
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u] nn [name_f]Viva[/name_f]
[name_f]Carlotta[/name_f] nn [name_f]Lola[/name_f]

Aurelius nn [name_f]Aura[/name_f]
[name_m]Bartolomeo[/name_m] nn [name_m]Bart[/name_m]
[name_m]Finneas[/name_m] nn [name_u]Finn[/name_u]
[name_m]Rueben[/name_m] nn [name_u]Rue[/name_u]
[name_u]Beckett[/name_u] nn [name_u]Beck[/name_u]
[name_m]Clayton[/name_m] nn [name_m]Clay[/name_m]
[name_u]Aeron[/name_u] nn Aero

[name_f]Carlotta[/name_f] 4/10
[name_f]Jeanette[/name_f] 4/10
[name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] 5/10
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u] 8/10
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f] 5/10
[name_f]Katerina[/name_f] 6/10
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] 7/10

[name_m]Aurelius[/name_m] 8/10
[name_u]Beckett[/name_u] 7/10
[name_m]Rueben[/name_m] 5/10
[name_u]Aeron[/name_u] 5/10
[name_m]Clayton[/name_m] 2/10
[name_m]Bartolomeo[/name_m] 2/10
[name_m]Finneas[/name_m] 6/10

Ranked
Girls
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u]
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f]
[name_f]Jeanette[/name_f]
[name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f]
[name_f]Katerina[/name_f]
[name_f]Carlotta[/name_f]

Boys
[name_u]Beckett[/name_u]
[name_m]Clayton[/name_m]
[name_m]Finneas[/name_m]
[name_m]Bartolomeo[/name_m]
[name_m]Rueben[/name_m]
[name_u]Aeron[/name_u]
[name_m]Aurelius[/name_m]

Carlotta (3/10)
[name_f]Jeanette[/name_f] (4/10)
[name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] (5/10)
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u] (5/10)
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f] (3/10)
[name_f]Katerina[/name_f] (6/10)
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] (8/10)

Aurelius (8/10)
[name_u]Beckett[/name_u] (5/10)
[name_m]Rueben[/name_m] (5/10)
[name_u]Aeron[/name_u] (7/10)
[name_m]Clayton[/name_m] (6/10)
[name_m]Bartolomeo[/name_m] (2/10
[name_m]Finneas[/name_m] (9/10)

Overall I prefer your boy names!

Matilda - [name_u]Strong[/name_u], sweet and elegant. I prefer the nickname [name_f]Tilly[/name_f] to [name_f]Millie[/name_f] 9/10

Penelope - Elegant and musical to the ear. Prefer [name_u]Penny[/name_u] as a nickname as I associate [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] with [name_f]Philippa[/name_f]! 8/10

Katherine - elegant and classic but maybe a little dull in comparison to others. It’s a classic for a reason though, so it has that going for it! [name_u]Kit[/name_u] is an adorable nickname! 7/10

Vivian - strong, spunky, no nonsense name. I personally prefer [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] as I think it looks more feminine but I think [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] suits your current list and it just works so well! 7/10

Wilhelmina - It’s strong sounding but a little bit clunky. I don’t like [name_f]Wilma[/name_f] as it reminds me of the Flintstones too much, I prefer [name_f]Mina[/name_f] as a nickname 6/10

Jeanette - it’s okay but I feel it’s a little dated (I know a lot of middle aged women called [name_f]Jeanette[/name_f]) and isn’t probably due a comeback yet. [name_f]Jeanie[/name_f] is cute 4/10

Carlotta - not my style, a little too harsh for my liking. I also think it might be a bit too ethnic to use unless you have Spanish/Hispanic heritage (the three Carlottas I do know are Spanish or have Hispanic parents!). I do like [name_f]Lola[/name_f] (which I think is sweet and spunky) 4/10

Rueben - not keen on this spelling (prefer [name_m]Reuben[/name_m]/Ruben) as it emphasises the word [name_u]Rue[/name_u] in it, which has negative connotations but other than that it’s a cool, spunky little name 7/10

Finneas - stylistically I prefer the spelling of [name_m]Phineas[/name_m] but again it’s a cool, strong name that is very handsome 7/10

Aeron - urgh this sent my autocorrect into meltdown! I feel that in real life it would lead to a lot of correcting too. The name itself ticks the boxes for strong sounding yet light and airy 6/10

Aurelius - it’s a very handsome, regal name and I do like it but I don’t think it is useable as a first name. Maybe a GP middle name? 6/10

Beckett - not my style but is an good, strong name 5/10

Clayton - not my style at all but it is overly masculine and useable 5/10

Bartolomeo - it’s a bit too much of a name and not very wearable in real life 4/10

It’s [name_f]Katerina[/name_f] not [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] :slightly_smiling_face:

Carlotta - I prefer this to [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] on most days. :slight_smile:

Jeanette - I think [name_f]Jeanette[/name_f] is gorgeous! I love the nicknames [name_f]Nettie[/name_f] and [name_u]Jet[/name_u].

Wilhelmina - This works for tomboys and girly girls; [name_f]Mina[/name_f] as a nickname for girly girls and [name_u]Billie[/name_u] for tomboys.

Vivian - Very pretty

Matilda - I don’t love it. To each their own.

Katerina - So beautiful

Penelope - super vingtage
[name_m]Aurelius[/name_m] - unusual and rare
[name_u]Beckett[/name_u] - I prefer [name_u]Bennett[/name_u]
[name_m]Rueben[/name_m] - Cool! I like it more than [name_m]Reuben[/name_m].

Aeron - This name looks like it would be pronounced the same way as “[name_m]Aaron[/name_m]” or “[name_f]Erin[/name_f]” by its spelling. I think in a modern context it would be usable with that pronunciation.

Clayton - I adore the name [name_m]Clayton[/name_m]. It’s elemental and warm-sounding, and rather modern at the same time.

Bartolomeo - [name_u]Love[/name_u] the “o” ending
[name_m]Finneas[/name_m] - love the meaning of “oracle”

1 Like