Ray.....

My husband & I have a baby due in [name]December[/name], we find out the sex next month but I am sure it’s a boy. My father & grandfather both had the middle name [name]Ray[/name]. I would love to use this because of the family connection but would like it to be part of a longer name, any suggestions? I thought about Raylin but I think it’s a little too girly.

I’d personally stay far, far away from trendy, invented names like Raylin, which is really downmarket, along the lines of [name]Jaylin[/name], [name]Kailyn[/name], etc. :frowning:

What about simply using [name]Ray[/name] or [name]Rae[/name], or [name]Raymond[/name] or [name]Rachel[/name]? [name]Rachel[/name], although dated, can be nicknamed [name]Rae[/name] or [name]Ray[/name].

Good luck!

I know … same deal here. My father was [name]Ray[/name], passed in '05. Couldn’t think of a way to do it that we both liked. Although I had [name]Raina[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name] on my list for awhile. [name]Raina[/name] means “regal, revered, queen” I think. GL!

I think [name]Raymond[/name] is a perfect way to get the nickname [name]Ray[/name]. I also think [name]Ray[/name] (or [name]Rae[/name] for a girl) on its own is fine, and I usually like longer forms.

boy:
[name]Grayson[/name]
[name]Murray[/name]
[name]Rayner[/name]

girl:
Esmeray
[name]Rayna[/name]
[name]Soraya[/name]

[name]Rayan[/name]
[name]Rayborn[/name]
[name]Rayce[/name]
[name]Raiden[/name]
[name]Rashad[/name]
[name]Rayvan[/name]

I to like [name]Raymond[/name] and [name]Ray[/name]…here are some others

Ragen
Rayland
[name]Bray[/name] or [name]Brayden[/name] has ray in it
[name]Rayden[/name]

gl

I [name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Raymond[/name]! Edgy cool.

Go with [name]Raymond[/name]! Definitely. Old-fashioned names are really coming back into style, and I think [name]Raymond[/name] is totally due for a come-back. [name]Ray[/name] is the perfect tough guy nickname.

I would stay away from Raylin. It does sound girly, not too mention way trendy, and your son loathe it when he’s grown. [name]Raymond[/name] is timeless and will work for all ages.

Go for it!