Reactions sway me-what's yours?

I recently posted about the name [name]Sunday[/name] for a girl. I don’t know why but I just love it. However, my husband (who is more reserved with his name choices than myself) is sick of me convincing him of what he calls “weird names” and then changing my mind to a “weirder name”. The thing about him is he is easy to convince if you say the name enough to make him feel it is more common. However, my mother loved my choices of noa and ezra for a girl so if I deviate from that she is disappointed. But the bigger issue is the face she makes every time I say “[name]Sunday[/name]”. It will be my baby and I know that I should pick what I love- but what do you think of the name? Is that the reaction my baby girl would be getting all of the time?

In my honest opinion, I don’t care for it. Everyone will be asking her if she was born on a [name]Sunday[/name]. And if she wasn’t?

I don’t care for it at all. It’s not a name, it’s a day of the week. However, I don’t think you should let reactions from family stop you, but I do think you should take your husbands opinions into consideration.

The last time I asked on here everyone loved the name [name]Sunday[/name]. Haha! Isn’t it funny how our minds see the same word and have such different feelings towards it?! :slight_smile:

If I did use [name]Sunday[/name]- do you think the MN should be rose or kate.

I would never use the name if my it never grew on my husband-- but most of the time he ends up liking the names I talk about once he gets used to them.

Whenever I see the name [name]Sunday[/name], I think of [name]Sunday[/name] [name]Rose[/name], the daughter of [name]Nicole[/name] Kidman and [name]Keith[/name] [name]Urban[/name]. While I like the sound of it because it’s soft and kind of cheerful, I always think of the celebrity connection like I do when I see a [name]Suri[/name] or [name]Shiloh[/name]. If people are naming their children after months of the year, I don’t see why days of the week can’t be chosen (there was an actress called [name]Tuesday[/name] Weld). [name]Sunday[/name] [name]Kate[/name] has repetitive “ay” sounds so it’s not ideal. [name]Do[/name] you like [name]Sunday[/name] [name]Claire[/name] or [name]Sunday[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]?

I don’t think [name]Sunday[/name] is weird. [name]Nicole[/name] Kidman has a [name]Sunday[/name]. You could call her [name]Sunny[/name]. That’s fun. I also like [name]Noa[/name] from your list, but I still can’t bring myself to see [name]Ezra[/name] as remotely feminine. I actually think naming a girl [name]Ezra[/name] is weirder than naming her [name]Sunday[/name].

OH, don’t use [name]Rose[/name] as a middle! [name]Nicole[/name] got picked on for months here in Australia for naming her daughter something that sounded so close to [name]Sunday[/name] Roast… [name]Sunday[/name] [name]Rosemary[/name] or [name]Sunday[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name] would probably fix that, though. [name]Just[/name] don’t use the whole celebrity name. I think [name]Sunday[/name] is enough to take on by itself without having the exact first and middle as a celeb baby. [name]Sunday[/name] [name]Noa[/name] would be really pretty.

Now Im stuck for a middle name since most think [name]Rose[/name] should be out and [name]Kate[/name] is too matchy.
I wanted a one syllable so that she could go by both and not be too much of a mouthful.
Any ideas?!?!

I think [name]Sunday[/name] is quirky and cute! I know a girl named [name]January[/name] and that is seriously weird to my ears but they call her [name]Jan[/name] and it seems pretty normal.

I love [name]Noa[/name] on a girl and that is a legitmate girls name, and I’d consider this more if my best friend hadn’t already chosen [name]Noah[/name] for son. However, I don’t like [name]Ezra[/name] on a girl as it’s all boy to me and on my boys list as a middle name.

[name]Sunday[/name] [name]Rose[/name] is obviously the same as [name]Nicole[/name] Kidman’s daughter but to me just sounds like [name]Sunday[/name] Roast and that isn’t appealing as much as I love a [name]Sunday[/name] Roast haha! [name]Sunday[/name] [name]Kate[/name] would be my prefered choice, or how about; [name]Sunday[/name] [name]Alice[/name], [name]Sunday[/name] [name]Violet[/name] or [name]Sunday[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]?

I really really hate the name [name]Sunday[/name]. I’m sure your future daughter would not like being named after a day of the week, instead of something more meaningful or something prettier sounding.

I would have liked the name [name]Sunday[/name] except it’s the nickname of someone I know and he’s not exactly the best person to name your kid after. So I wouldn’t do it but I think it would work for someone else. And if you are religious then it is a great name as well.

I like the name [name]Sunday[/name] and love the nickname [name]Sunny[/name]. I don’t think it would be particularly horrible to grow up with. I’m not a huge fan of [name]Rose[/name] or [name]Kate[/name] with it, but what about [name]Claire[/name], [name]Jane[/name], [name]Anne[/name], [name]Elyse[/name], or even [name]Catherine[/name]? Actually my first thought was [name]Sunday[/name] [name]Grace[/name], but that’s got pretty strong religious connotations doesn’t it?

As far as you Mom’s reaction goes, you are the only one who can decide how much that matters to you. I have to admit I don’t think I could choose a name my Mom absolutely hated, although I also think she’d have enough manners to keep negative opinions to herself unless there was a very pressing reason not to!

I think [name]Sunday[/name] is just fine. I don’t think your daughter would hate it. Actually, I have a feeling when she’s little she would think that [name]Sunday[/name] comes around every week for her. :slight_smile: It’s cute.

I do think you should stay away from [name]Sunday[/name] [name]Rose[/name], but I don’t think [name]Sunday[/name] [name]Kate[/name] is bad at all. [name]Mary[/name] [name]Kate[/name] has the same long “a” sound and it works well. Actually, my favorite combo name is [name]Mary[/name] [name]Claire[/name], which directly repeats the “air” sound and I [name]ADORE[/name] it!

Be careful adding anything that’s a noun-name with [name]Sunday[/name] though. I was going to suggest [name]Sunday[/name] [name]Belle[/name], but then you have [name]Sunday[/name] church bells, so I don’t think it really works. I’m all for [name]Sunday[/name] [name]Kate[/name] though. I also like the previous suggestion of [name]Sunday[/name] [name]Claire[/name].

I also like [name]Noa[/name], but I agree with the others. [name]Ezra[/name] is strong, handsome, and masculine.

I know you either love it or hate it-- I love it though… :confused:
It is kind of meaningful though… [name]Sunday[/name] nn [name]Sunshine[/name] bc she will be the best thing to me. Plus my mom and I always talk about how Sundays are the most depressing days when you’re alone like at college, and it would be symbolic to me to name her [name]Sunday[/name] because I would never feel like that again.

I think the name [name]Sunday[/name] is beautiful sounding. It reminds me of [name]Nicole[/name] Kidman’s baby, [name]Sunday[/name] [name]Rose[/name], but I don’t think that is such a bag thing! I agree, I wouldn’t go with [name]Rose[/name] because of that, but I think you could still pick [name]Sunday[/name]. It has a beautiful sound, and [name]Sunny[/name] could be a fun nickname, and it is cheerful (at least to me). I don’t know what your mom is like, but maybe it would grow on her? For middles, I like [name]Sunday[/name] [name]Claire[/name] as others suggested, and also [name]Sunday[/name] [name]Violet[/name].

Yay!!! I didnt see the positive feedback on the name [name]Sunday[/name] on page 2 before posting the last response above.
I am religious and I did like that about the name! To me it sounds off at first, until you have a little curly brown-headed sweetheart that would take on the name. Once that baby girl IS [name]Sunday[/name] it will be precious in my opinion. Can you tell I have thought about this a little?! HAHA

My mom is great! I didn’t meant to make it seem like she was rude about it. And she would love the name once the name was her grandchild and not just a day of the week. Whether she likes my names or not she wont care once they are settled on. She has said “it’s okay but I like [name]Noa[/name] better.” But she knows it’s my time and I get to pick… and one day my little girl might like names that arent my style and I will think “i dont know about that” but like my mom I will know it’s her decision and I will love it when the time comes :slight_smile: It also helps that my sis likes it! She is beautiful and very edgy and the other day when I was doubting the name I looked at my sister and said, “you would make a fabulous [name]Sunday[/name]- so edgy and pretty… I am sticking with it!” haha She is my inspiration :wink:

What about [name]Sunday[/name] [name]Grace[/name], or [name]Sunday[/name] [name]Beth[/name], I also really like [name]Brynn[/name] as a middle name!

grace is almost too much- even though I do like [name]Grayce[/name]! [name]Beth[/name] is my mother-in-law’s name which would make me feel bad bc I know it would mean a lot to my mom if I would use something with [name]Anne[/name] since my mom’s name is [name]Annette[/name].
[name]Brynn[/name] is really cool and I have liked [name]Greer[/name] too. But I dont think [name]Greer[/name] flows right.
I also agree with the poster that liked [name]Belle[/name]- but then thought of church bells- same thing happened with me.

Plus if I go with [name]Sunday[/name] and have another girl I want to name her [name]Stella[/name]- which will inevitably lead to me calling her Stell [name]Bell[/name] or [name]Stella[/name] [name]Bella[/name]. Haha

Oops, I reread my post and it does come across as critical of your Mother. Sorry! That wasn’t my intention. I was more thinking about some friends of mine whose relatives were super rude about their name choices, not meaning to imply that your Mom would act like that!