Reactions sway me-what's yours?

Some one or two (short) syllable middles… I think [name]Sunday[/name] [name]Brynn[/name] is nice.

[name]Sunday[/name] [name]Quinn[/name]
[name]Sunday[/name] [name]Laine[/name]
[name]Sunday[/name] [name]Beth[/name]
[name]Sunday[/name] [name]Blair[/name]
[name]Sunday[/name] [name]Blanche[/name]
[name]Sunday[/name] [name]Elle[/name]
[name]Sunday[/name] [name]Tess[/name]
[name]Sunday[/name] [name]Beck[/name]
[name]Sunday[/name] [name]Gwen[/name]
[name]Sunday[/name] [name]Wynn[/name]

[name]Sunday[/name] [name]Noa[/name] (since you and your family like it so much)
[name]Sunday[/name] [name]Emma[/name]
[name]Sunday[/name] [name]Nina[/name]
[name]Sunday[/name] [name]Lila[/name]
[name]Sunday[/name] [name]Adeline[/name] (longer, but sweet!)
[name]Sunday[/name] [name]Anna[/name]
[name]Sunday[/name] [name]Milla[/name]

I personally have a soft spot for word names, and [name]Sunday[/name] is no exception. I do think it would be a bit odd if you named her [name]Sunday[/name] and then she was not born on [name]Sunday[/name]. That is my only problem with this name. I think a name like [name]Sunday[/name] should have some sort of significance. So if she is named [name]Sunday[/name], but born on a Friday, it would kind of look superfluous, [name]IMO[/name]. Still, I think it is a cool name.

Yeah, I’m not fond of day of the week names, either. [name]One[/name] of my co-workers has a wife named [name]Tuesday[/name]. I think it’s weird. [name]Sunday[/name] seems better than [name]Tuesday[/name], but would you still name her [name]Sunday[/name] if she was born on a [name]Wednesday[/name]? That would seem strange, too. It’s like naming a baby [name]April[/name] when they were born in [name]August[/name].

I love the name [name]Ezra[/name] for a girl how pretty and sweet.

Oh no that is perfectly fine. You didn’t offend me… I offended me haha! I reread my post and felt like it seemed that I was saying my mom is pushy or rude- so I corrected myself! haha!

Yes, I would name her [name]Sunday[/name] no matter what day she was born on- so I guess I should hope I have a girl on a [name]Sunday[/name], LOL! But it makes sense to me bc I am picking a name I like. I am not naming her with the day of the week in mind, so I wasn’t planning on naming her after the day of the week that she was born. I like the sound of the name, not the significance of its ties to the day. But I’m also not one that thinks a [name]Summer[/name] has to be born in the summer or a [name]May[/name] must be born in [name]May[/name]. So I think I am a little different than the majority on that one.

I don’t mind [name]Sunday[/name].

But your real problem here is… Sharing the news with anyone but your spouse. [name]Even[/name] your mother. My [name]MIL[/name] and [name]SIL[/name] are our two harshest critics. And that’s what they want… to steer us away from names that they don’t like. Not going to win any more tho. We zipped our lips.

This also kind of reminds me of my name crush - [name]January[/name]. I probably wouldn’t use it… But who cares what people say. U S E [name]SUNDAY[/name]!!

Haha Yeah I feel like I may not tell the name until the baby is born. Plus I dont want to find out the gender until the baby is born so I’ll just pretend I wont reveal my boy or girl name because I will want to use them for the next baby. Haha! I love that you are defeating the [name]MIL[/name] and [name]SIL[/name] by not telling them-- its your choice and they shouldn’t feel their opinions trump yours. They dont have to push it out so they dont get a vote LOL

I actually love the name [name]Sunday[/name], but I just don’t think month names, days of the week and colours are usable. But that’s a personal opinion. [name]Don[/name]'t feel obliged to use names just because a family member likes it. Many people experience baby name regret and it has been getting quite a bit of attention. [name]Just[/name] go with what you want :slight_smile: Try to narrow down a list of your favourites and then out loud things like "___ come and brush your teeth, ___ your going to miss the bus! ____ have you done your homework yet? :smiley: And then you can see if it sounds weird or acceptable :smiley:

I had a [name]September[/name] in my high school, and while odd at first, it was her name and it fit. I actually like [name]Sunday[/name], especially if that day has meaning to you. We are a religious family, and [name]Sunday[/name] is a day of rest and worship and family. Those would all be lovely associations to me. :slight_smile:

yuck…

I think that common-use nouns are a little bit tricky to use as names. I mean really what’s the difference between [name]Apple[/name], [name]Sunday[/name] and [name]Aria[/name]? [name]Apple[/name] got tons of laughter when [name]Gwyneth[/name] Paltrow used it; [name]Sunday[/name] seems to be getting a love/hate reaction; [name]Aria[/name] has some haters but generally gets good reviews from what I’ve observed. I think the difference is how much the noun is perceived as a “thing” and how much “everyday use” it gets. [name]Apple[/name] is an apple, you buy it at the grocery store and it doesn’t feel like a little girl name. [name]Aria[/name] is a song but most people don’t have that much exposure to classical music so it has more margin for feeling like a name, as opposed to being a thing. [name]Sunday[/name] is a little more abstract I think – you can’t go out and buy a [name]Sunday[/name], however on the other hand you can buy an ice cream sundae. I think people who know your little [name]Sunday[/name] will get used to her name, but the word itself is too much a part of the vernacular to ever escape an immediate reaction upon meeting.

I think [name]Sunday[/name] [name]Adeline[/name] is beautiful.

I like the word, but it’s not a name to me.

I nixed [name]April[/name] from my list because it’s too non-name like for my liking. [name]Every[/name] time someone mentions the months or day of the week, they’ll think someone’s referring to them. It takes away from the personal name.