Reagan?

[name_u]Reagan[/name_u] is on our list, we’ve been talking about it more. It’s a bit common for our tastes but we love the meaning. What do you think, Berries?

I’m not a fan of [name_u]Reagan[/name_u], but I do love [name_u]Regan[/name_u] (prn [name_f]Ree[/name_f]-gan).

Not a huge fan of [name_u]Regan[/name_u] myself.

The reason we like the meaning is it’s the same meaning as my husband’s name so it would honor him.

It’s common? I only know one [name_m]Rheagan[/name_m] (spelt that way). Her full name is [name_m]Rheagan[/name_m] [name_f]Michelle[/name_f], I always thought it was pretty :slight_smile:

I’ve taught 2 in the last year maybe that’s why I see it as popular. But I’ve never really heard it anywhere else.

I see it as a boys name since I know two male [name_u]Regan[/name_u]'s and one female [name_u]Regan[/name_u] and in Australia it’s never charted and one of them was born in [name_m]New[/name_m] Zealand, I’m not sure if it’s common over there though. In [name_u]America[/name_u] it’s only 104 for girls (and only in the 900’s for boys)

Never heard it on a boy, it’s all girl to me personally.

Yes, where I live, it’s very popular. Two in my daughters small dance class last year.

Sorry, but I detest [name_u]Reagan[/name_u] as I do most surnames in girls.

I prefer [name_u]Reagan[/name_u] on a boy. But I like the name.

It does mean little king and was originally a boys name. I get that it’s more common on girls but it is a boys name just like [name_u]Madison[/name_u]. I don’t mind it but for a girl I would rather see [name_f]Megan[/name_f] or [name_u]Tegan[/name_u].

I actually really like it. It’s a guilty pleasure for me. I only know one [name_u]Reagan[/name_u] from 10 years ago in middle school. I like it paired with a traditional middle name like [name_u]Reagan[/name_u] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f].

I think of [name_u]Reagan[/name_u], the dreadful President.

I think of the President and the possessed girl from The Exorcist.

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_u]Reagan[/name_u]! I have a girl cousin named [name_u]Kennedy[/name_u], so I can see the feminine side to [name_u]Reagan[/name_u]. It has strength to it as well. As some previous posters have said I too would pair with with more feminine middle name. So maybe [name_u]Reagan[/name_u] [name_f]Kaylene[/name_f], [name_u]Reagan[/name_u] [name_f]Grace[/name_f], [name_u]Reagan[/name_u] [name_f]Amelia[/name_f], etc.

I’m a [name_m]History[/name_m] major, so…same. It’s just not my style. But if you’re going to use it, I’d say definitely pair it with something frillier since it didn’t start out its life as a girl’s name.

[name_u]Reagan[/name_u] [name_f]Lily[/name_f]
[name_u]Reagan[/name_u] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]
[name_u]Reagan[/name_u] [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f]
[name_u]Reagan[/name_u] [name_f]Mariposa[/name_f]
[name_u]Reagan[/name_u] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_u]Reagan[/name_u] [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f]
[name_u]Reagan[/name_u] [name_f]Eliana[/name_f]
[name_u]Reagan[/name_u] [name_f]Aliya[/name_f]
[name_u]Reagan[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_u]Reagan[/name_u] [name_f]Natalie[/name_f]

I much prefer Shakespearian [name_u]Regan[/name_u]. [name_u]Reagan[/name_u], like everyone said, just makes me think of the president… and I’m not even American.

Really nms, all masculine to me. But then agin I dislike [name_u]Madison[/name_u] on a girl because it means [name_m]SON[/name_m] of, and [name_u]Avery[/name_u] on a girl because it means elfin [name_m]KING[/name_m]. Also prefer [name_u]Regan[/name_u].

Sorry if it sounds harsh, it is after all only my opinion, and who am I to you? Best of luck x

The sound isn’t bad, although I prefer [name_u]Regan[/name_u] for the [name_m]Shakespeare[/name_m] connection. But the other names in your sig feel more special and I’d prefer [name_u]Reagan[/name_u] in the middle. I only know one, a cousin of a cousin who’s in her late teens. But it does seem to be steadily climbing in popularity.

In the U.S. [name_u]Reagan[/name_u] is still strongly associated with the former president (unlike, say, [name_u]Madison[/name_u]) and like many presidents, [name_u]Reagan[/name_u] was associated with his share of scandals and missteps (AIDS, Iran-Contra, hud rigging, etc). I’d assume anyone using it in the U.S. was a [name_u]Reagan[/name_u] supporter, so if I were you I’d only use it if either you agree with him politically or don’t mind if people think you do.

Note: I’d say the same thing about using the surname of any president who served in recent memory - I’d only use the name if you supported the person’s policies or were OK with people thinking you did.