really need help! would this be weird?

our children’s names are [name]Anthony[/name], [name]Rocco[/name] and [name]Isabella[/name]. We’re expecting another daughter and we really love the name [name]Charlotte[/name]. (nn [name]Carly[/name].) Would it be weird to not choose an Italian name? We keep going through lists and lists of Italian names and there are some that we like, but I can’t help but feel we’re settling in order to fit into our “theme.”
I also don’t want one of my children to feel out of place with a different kind of name.

Help! :slight_smile:

I googled Italian Girl Names and this is what I found, one of my favourites is [name]Milena[/name] and I love [name]Alessandra[/name].

[name]Adelaide[/name]: [name]Noble[/name] ways

[name]Alessandra[/name]: Female Italian version of [name]Alexander[/name]

[name]Amalia[/name]: Persevering

[name]Andria[/name]: [name]Joy[/name] and love

[name]Annabella[/name]: Literally stands for beautiful [name]Anna[/name]

Belladonna: Literally stands for beautiful woman

[name]Benedetta[/name]: Speaking well

[name]Bianca[/name]: Something that is white

[name]Carlotta[/name]: Italian version of [name]Charlotte[/name]

[name]Daphne[/name]: [name]Laurel[/name] plant

[name]Donata[/name]: Considered a gift from God

[name]Esta[/name]: Coming from the east

[name]Eva[/name]: Italian version of [name]Eve[/name]

Farfalla: A butterfly

[name]Filomena[/name]: Faithful to friendship and love

[name]Fiorella[/name]: Small flower

[name]Fiorenza[/name]: A flower or the Italian version of [name]Florence[/name]

[name]Gianina[/name]: Stands for the phrase “God is gracious”

[name]Isabella[/name]: Consecrated to God

Lanza: Eager

[name]Liona[/name]: Female lion

[name]Lucia[/name]: A light

[name]Maddalena[/name]: A woman of [name]Magdala[/name] or Italian version of [name]Madeline[/name]

[name]Margherita[/name]: Italian version of [name]Margaret[/name]

[name]Mariabella[/name]: Literally stands for beautiful [name]Maria[/name]

[name]Mia[/name]: Mine

[name]Milena[/name]: [name]Beloved[/name]

[name]Mona[/name]: Peaceful or individual

[name]Nicola[/name]: Italian versin of [name]Nicole[/name] or female Italian version of [name]Nicolas[/name]

[name]Paola[/name]: Small

[name]Prima[/name]: First in line

Quorra: Heart

[name]Romana[/name]: Somebody from [name]Rome[/name]

[name]Rosalie[/name]: A rose

[name]Rufina[/name]: Someone who has red hair

[name]Sienna[/name]: Burnt orange or brown color

[name]Sophia[/name]: Italian version of [name]Sofia[/name]; wisdom

[name]Tessa[/name]: A countess

[name]Valeria[/name]: Somebody who exhibits strength or valor

[name]Venetia[/name]: Somebody from [name]Venice[/name]

[name]Viola[/name]: Italian version of [name]Violet[/name]

[name]Viviana[/name]: somebody who is full of light

[name]Zola[/name]: A ball of earth

I like [name]Carly[/name] but not overfond of [name]Charlotte[/name] with Italian sibling names.

[name]Anthony[/name], [name]Rocco[/name], [name]Isabella[/name], and [name]Charlotte[/name] sound fine. [name]Anthony[/name], [name]Rocco[/name], and [name]Isabella[/name] are pretty frequently used nowadays, and I wouldn’t be surprised by such a sibset. I love [name]Charlotte[/name], by the way. If it really worries you, [name]Carlotta[/name] is the Italian variant…

[name]Anthony[/name] is not really so Italian as [name]Antonio[/name]. It’s a name favored by many backgrounds so, to me, doesn’t make this name inherently or obviously Italian, even though it is popular for Italian-Americans to choose it.

[name]Rocco[/name] is Italian (nameberry says also [name]German[/name]), but not in an excessively flavored way, like, [name]Luciano[/name] or [name]Stefano[/name], so it sounds Italian but closer to neutral.

[name]Isabella[/name], like [name]Anthony[/name], is a name chosen by all backgrounds and doesn’t carry the exoticism of a [name]Giovanna[/name]. Very just Latin, current popular choice.

I think [name]Charlotte[/name] would blend in very well. Although it is French by way of [name]German[/name] origins, I think this set sounds really great. I think a very Italian name might go a step farther than your other children, although there are more culturally popular ones. If you love [name]Charlotte[/name], it’s not weird, it goes well with the other names in terms of quality of sound and popularity. Very handsome set of names that you like, and a good example of names that make a good sibset.

I’ve always loved [name]Charlotte[/name], and no one else but name nerds would notice that its not Italian. And actually, [name]Isabella[/name] is Spanish. I do love [name]Carly[/name] as the nn, and [name]Carlotta[/name] is nice too because you can still use [name]Carly[/name].

I don’t think it would be weird at all. [name]Isabella[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name] go very well together and I love the [name]Carly[/name] nn.

As your other children do not have extremely obviously Italian names, I don’t think it would be a problem at all. In fact, I never really think if [name]Anthony[/name] as Italian, and [name]Isabella[/name] is widely used in the English-speaking world nowadays.

[name]Charlotte[/name] is a beatiful, classic name which fits well, and the nn you have picked has a slightly Italian feel to it.

As an alternative, I think [name]Carlotta[/name] is just gorgeous!

There is also [name]Charlotta[/name] which is actually a Swedish variant but has a more exotic feel and gives you that lovely [name]Char[/name] sound that [name]Carlotta[/name] does not.

Either way, I think [name]Charlotte[/name] would be lovely with your other children’s names for the same reasons other posters have suggested.

If I were your daughter, I’d rather know you chose my name because you loved it, not because it fit the theme. If you love it you should use it :slight_smile:

[name]Tracy[/name]