Really struggling with girl names

[name_m]Hi[/name_m], I’m new here and looking for help/advice.

I’m 15 weeks pregnant with our first baby. We have a boy name picked already (well I do but hubby is finally on board!). Really struggling with a girl name though. I have ALWAYS been in love with the name [name_f]Elora[/name_f]. It’s from [name_u]Willow[/name_u] and I’ve adored it forever. I’ve never heard it on an actual real life person until I met my husband, and his niece is called it :frowning: So that’s not an option. These are the names being thrown about:

[name_f]Eira[/name_f] (current favourite)
[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Alana[/name_f]
[name_f]Lyra[/name_f] ( could be tricky because my best friend likes it and she’s about 6 weeks behind me, but her other half doesn’t like it)

I adore [name_u]Fifer[/name_u] and, again, have since before we even met, but hubby says no. I just can’t get on board with any long term. I can’t get over [name_f]Elora[/name_f]. Hopefully it’ll be a boy and this problem will be gone!

Any suggestions similar to the above, or favourites out of them would be very helpful.

1 Like

I love the film [name_u]Willow[/name_u], and the name [name_f]Elora[/name_f]! I’m so sorry you can’t use it.
[name_f]My[/name_f] niece was almost named [name_f]Elora[/name_f], but she’s [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] instead, so maybe that’s an option based on sounds? Although maybe too close to your niece’s name?

I really love [name_f]Eira[/name_f] & [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] out of your options! They’re beautiful!!

(Also, [name_u]Willow[/name_u] or Sorsha!)

Love [name_f]Eira[/name_f], [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] and [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]! [name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_f]Aurora[/name_f], it’s similar to [name_f]Elora[/name_f].

Ariana
[name_f]Alma[/name_f]
[name_f]Ariella[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliana[/name_f]
[name_f]Daniella[/name_f]
[name_f]Evangelina[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
Cartia
[name_f]Callia[/name_f]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f]
[name_f]Flora[/name_f]
[name_f]Geneva[/name_f]
[name_f]Gianna[/name_f]
[name_f]Hannah[/name_f]
[name_f]Jenna[/name_f]
[name_f]Jasmine[/name_f]
[name_f]Jolene[/name_f]
[name_f]Jessa[/name_f]
[name_f]Karla[/name_f]
[name_f]Catalina[/name_f]
[name_f]Nadia[/name_f]
[name_f]Nora[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanora[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucia[/name_f]
[name_u]Luca[/name_u]
[name_f]Laura[/name_f]
[name_f]Nora[/name_f]
[name_f]Tessa[/name_f]
[name_f]Talia[/name_f]
[name_f]Natalia[/name_f]
[name_f]Olivia[/name_f]
[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Octavia[/name_f]
[name_f]Samara[/name_f]
[name_f]Sonya[/name_f]
[name_f]Selah[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f]
[name_f]Estella[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Primrose[/name_f]
[name_f]Anya[/name_f]
[name_f]Isla[/name_f]
[name_f]Viola[/name_f]
[name_f]Vienna[/name_f]
[name_f]Sienna[/name_f]
[name_f]Serena[/name_f]
[name_f]Selena[/name_f]
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Miranda[/name_f]
[name_f]Zara[/name_f]
[name_f]Paulina[/name_f]
[name_f]Esme[/name_f]
[name_f]Esma[/name_f]
[name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabella[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Jayla[/name_f]
[name_f]Kayla[/name_f]

Thanks guys. I like [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] a lot too, although it’s very close to [name_f]Elora[/name_f]. It reminds me of Sleeping Beauty and as a Disney fanatic I’d love that. I also really love [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] but that’s his other niece (I should’ve considered this before marrying him, haha).

Anya is very pretty too

1 Like

Also Sorsha is amazing but I’m scared of having a cousin [name_u]Willow[/name_u] theme

1 Like

Yes, that makes sense! I assumed that most people wouldn’t associate the two, but I understand where you’re coming from! Good luck :slight_smile:

(Also, as long as you didn’t mind, it could be a subtle, sweet connection between the two cousins!)

1 Like

It’s definitely an option as we do both love it :smiley:

1 Like

I like [name_f]Eira[/name_f] a lot! [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] is also gorgeous!

I’ll suggest
[name_f]Ilaria[/name_f]
[name_f]Kaia[/name_f]
[name_f]Elodie[/name_f]
[name_f]Hallie[/name_f]
[name_f]Calla[/name_f]
[name_f]Leila[/name_f]/Layla
[name_f]Opal[/name_f]
[name_f]Lula[/name_f]
[name_f]Nina[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]Ilaria[/name_f] is beautiful :heart_eyes:
[name_f]Elodie[/name_f] was also on a previous list
And I’ve never heard [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] but that’s incredibly pretty too. We definitely like the Sci-fi/Fantasy sounding names

1 Like

OOh I love your names! I really like [name_f]Eira[/name_f] for you.

Some other suggestions are:
[name_f]Eleri[/name_f]
[name_f]Annora[/name_f]
[name_f]Eila[/name_f]/Ayla
[name_f]Eirlys[/name_f]
[name_f]Eire[/name_f]
[name_f]Elena[/name_f]
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f]
[name_f]Arwen[/name_f]

Lyra is my favorite from your list. It’s gorgeous and timeless. What about [name_f]Elena[/name_f] or [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f]? There’s also [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] and [name_f]Azora[/name_f].

Such a bummer about [name_f]Elora[/name_f], I’m sorry! [name_f]My[/name_f] favorite from your list is [name_f]Lyra[/name_f], but really I like them all a lot. Maybe:

Ione
[name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Alaia[/name_f]
[name_f]Amaia[/name_f]
[name_f]Mireya[/name_f]
[name_f]Leonor[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliora[/name_f]
[name_f]Leia[/name_f]
[name_f]Orla[/name_f]
[name_f]Ayla[/name_f]
[name_f]Lara[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelie[/name_f]
[name_f]Keira[/name_f]
[name_u]Arliss[/name_u]
[name_f]Irina[/name_f]
[name_f]Lela[/name_f]
[name_u]Auri[/name_u]
[name_f]Alaina[/name_f]
[name_f]Leah[/name_f]
[name_f]Lia[/name_f]

[name_f]Arianell[/name_f]
[name_f]Augusta[/name_f]
[name_f]Astoria[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosette[/name_f]
[name_f]Estelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Celeste[/name_f]
[name_f]Amara[/name_f]

I love [name_f]Eira[/name_f]- such a pretty, classy underused name. If you’re happy to step away from [name_f]Elora[/name_f] then I think this is a perfect alternative.

I would suggest that if you really really really love the name [name_f]Elora[/name_f] that you go ahead and use it as a middle. As long as you send your husbands niece’s parents a text before you announce it publicly and explain how it has been your favourite name since a child and you always wanted to name your first girl that after the film [name_u]Willow[/name_u] I don’t see how they can have a problem with it- especially since it won’t be used every day.

2 Likes

What about…

Persephone [name_f]Aria[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Aria[/name_f]
[name_f]Elodie[/name_f]/Alodia [name_f]Imogen[/name_f]
[name_f]Mira[/name_f] [name_f]Imogen[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f] [name_f]Sigourney[/name_f] (nn: [name_f]Cressa[/name_f])
[name_u]Russet[/name_u] [name_f]Sigourney[/name_f]
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] (nn: [name_f]Jennie[/name_f])
[name_u]Nova[/name_u] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
[name_f]Umbrielle[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]/Julia
[name_f]Zibby[/name_f]/Elizabeth [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]/Julia
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] (nn: [name_u]Josie[/name_u] or [name_f]Fina[/name_f])
[name_f]Belle[/name_f]/Isabelle [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f] ___

LMK what you think!

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

Oh man, too bad about [name_f]Elora[/name_f]! That is gorgeous, & I have never met one in real life either.

Here are my thoughts on the rest of your list-

[name_f]Eira[/name_f]-That’s lovely . I’ve never thought much about this name, but it’s different, smart & has a slight pixie-ish feel. I would assume that it’d be mistaken for ‘aye-ruh’ a lot, so that could get annoying.

[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]-So pretty! Bold & a little dramatic but not too much. [name_m]Just[/name_m] the perfect amount of feminine elegance. Not terribly complicated or popular either.

[name_f]Alana[/name_f]-Not sure why I don’t care for this, & it has a million spellings & pronunciations.

[name_f]Lyra[/name_f]-Well, maybe if your best friend can’t use it, she’d be happy if you did.

[name_u]Fifer[/name_u]-I’m not personally a fan. It sounds a little not that pretty.

A few more suggestions that you may like-

[name_f]Aurora[/name_f]

[name_f]Aviva[/name_f]

[name_f]Anwen[/name_f]

[name_f]Arwen[/name_f]

[name_f]Branwen[/name_f]

[name_f]Bellatrix[/name_f]

[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]

[name_f]Bianca[/name_f]

[name_f]Ceridwen[/name_f]

[name_f]Ciara[/name_f]

[name_f]Dahlia[/name_f]

[name_f]Eudora[/name_f]

[name_f]Esme[/name_f]

[name_f]Fiona[/name_f]-that’s the beautiful angel is my profile picture. I don’t usually suggest her name, because I don’t want it over exposed (even though she’s a dog & doesn’t go to school :joy: :dog:), but it sort of seems like you’re style.

[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f]-Again, I never suggest this one, just because it’s my favorite name ever! But…it’s not even in the top 1,000, so I think it’s safe.

[name_f]Gwendolen[/name_f]

[name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f]

[name_f]Isolde[/name_f]

[name_u]Juniper[/name_u]

[name_f]Junia[/name_f]

Myfawnwy

[name_f]Morwenna[/name_f]

[name_f]Nava[/name_f]

[name_u]Sloane[/name_u]

[name_f]Soleil[/name_f]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

[name_f]My[/name_f] daughter’s middle is [name_f]Leora[/name_f], which has all the same letters as [name_f]Elora[/name_f]! :sweat_smile:

I love [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] from your list! I also love the previously suggested [name_f]Aurora[/name_f].

A few other suggestions, sorry for any repeats:

[name_f]Cora[/name_f]
[name_f]Eloise[/name_f]
[name_f]Lorna[/name_f]
[name_f]Flora[/name_f]
[name_f]Dinah[/name_f]
[name_u]Willow[/name_u]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Melody[/name_f]
Elise
Lydia

All the best!

I love [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] for you, it feels very similar to [name_f]Elora[/name_f] to me. [name_f]Leona[/name_f] is another name that I find has a similar sound/feel to it, and personally I find it to be an absolutely beautiful name, but I’m not sure if it’s quite what you’re looking for. From your list, I think [name_f]Eira[/name_f] and [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] are my favorites!
Good luck finding the perfect name!

1 Like

Eira has been one of my favorites for a while, so thats my top pick from your list, [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] is a close second. [name_u]Fifer[/name_u] is also so much fun, too bad it’s been vetoed

Sorry if i repeat any previously suggested names:

Eilonwy
[name_f]Flora[/name_f] (too close to [name_f]Elora[/name_f]?)
[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]
[name_f]Bonnie[/name_f]
[name_f]Melody[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliette[/name_f]
[name_f]Marguerite[/name_f]
[name_f]Lara[/name_f]
[name_u]Briar[/name_u]-[name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliana[/name_f]
[name_u]Rory[/name_u]
[name_f]Nim[/name_f]
[name_f]Neve[/name_f]
Nimueh