Rebecca...dated or classic?

Classic! I don’t see it becoming dated any time soon… or ever, really!

I know a couple of little Rebeccas, and they only go by [name]Rebecca[/name]. I have heard of the nn [name]Becca[/name] though, which is cute.

Definitely Classic! I prefer the [name]Rebekah[/name] spelling. [name]Love[/name] it!

I think it is a classic name, but it isn’t one of my favorites. Sorry! I definitely prefer the full name [name]Rebecca[/name] to any of the NN’s.

The name [name]Rebecca[/name] truly IS classic. It has ancient Biblical origins (spelling [name]Rebecca[/name] is in the New Testament, Romans 9:10). The name has been used in [name]America[/name] since the Pilgrims at Plymouth Colony. Like most names, it has gone up and down in the charts. The name always made me think of [name]Rebecca[/name] in the Bible, Rebecca (Becky) Thatcher from “The Adventures of Tom Sawyer,” and “[name]Rebecca[/name] of Sunnybrook Farm.” I loved the name enough to choose it for my daughter who was born in 1998.

Classic–it’s been in the top 200 since 1880 (top 100 from 1940 to 2006).

Usually, I would say dated, but I don’t think [name]Rebecca[/name] is dated. I have a cousin with this name and she’s the nicest person I’ve ever met, so it has a good image for me, plus it’s just a really pretty name. I think if you just didn’t use the nickname [name]Becky[/name], it would be great. [name]Becca[/name]'s cute though. It’s classic, for sure.

I think of it as a classic biblical name like [name]Sarah[/name] or [name]Elizabeth[/name]. I know old and young Rebeccas. [name]Becky[/name] is suck a cute nickname, too!

I think it’s a classic!

I actually have a little [name]Rebecca[/name] of my own (nn [name]Becca[/name]) and she’s four. I wasn’t a fan of the name when I was expecting her, but my ex-husband picked it. Now that’s she a little older though, I think it really suits her personality. I don’t think it’s dated at all. It’s one of those names that will always be on the Top 100 list.