Recommend a girl name!

I’d like to recommend [name_f]Fina[/name_f]. It’s got the classic simplicity of names like [name_f]Ida[/name_f], yet it’s much more unusual whilst still feeling familiar. It has the advantage of an intuitive pronunciation.
It could be a good option if [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] or [name_f]Josephina[/name_f] are a bit much for you.

3 Likes

Fina is so pretty! I’ve never heard of it as a standalone before, but it reminds me of [name_f]Fia[/name_f] and [name_f]Fenna[/name_f], both favourites of mine :slight_smile:

1 Like

I‘m a [name_f]Bethany[/name_f] but I’m afraid I’m not going to help with your campaign because I can’t stand my name. I used to work in a small bar which had four barmaids and we were all called [name_f]Bethany[/name_f]. Think it definitely isn’t ready for a comeback in UK.

1 Like

Ballet Shoes!

Oh my Goodness I was coming into this post with the very intention of saying [name_f]Elfrida[/name_f]. [name_f]Glad[/name_f] to see another [name_f]Elfrida[/name_f] lover…

Other reasons for [name_f]Elfrida[/name_f] (I agree with all of your reasons too)

Elfie
[name_f]Frida[/name_f]
First Crowned [name_f]Queen[/name_f] of [name_f]England[/name_f]
Multiple artistic namesakes

3 Likes

I think [name_f]Bethany[/name_f] is really pretty and feeling fresh again! [name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Beth[/name_f] :purple_heart:

And totally with you on [name_f]Elfrida[/name_f]. [name_f]Frida[/name_f], [name_f]Effie[/name_f] and [name_f]Elfie[/name_f] are all awesome nicknames.

In a similar vein: [name_f]Elvira[/name_f] and [name_f]Elvire[/name_f].

1 Like

I don’t think anyone has said [name_f]Livia[/name_f] yet. It sounds so much prettier and elegant than the similar [name_f]Olivia[/name_f], without being a “kreative” version of it.

1 Like

Elfie is so cute!

2 Likes

Blaise

I hope I’m not burned at the stake for this (haha), but I think [name_u]Blaise[/name_u] is a beautiful feminine name, as well as being a beautiful masculine name. Something like [name_u]Blaise[/name_u] [name_f]Evadne[/name_f], [name_u]Blaise[/name_u] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f], or [name_u]Blaise[/name_u] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] would hit the right notes for me.

I am not especially passionate either way about unisex names, but I think [name_u]Blaise[/name_u] quite naturally falls into this category for me. (I am compelled to mention [name_u]Blair[/name_u] and [name_u]Claude[/name_u], in a similar vein.)

2 Likes

Mildred and [name_f]Agatha[/name_f] are “old lady” names, but have the nicknames [name_f]Millie[/name_f] and [name_f]Aggie[/name_f], which make them seem a lot younger and more playful.

1 Like

Ondina.

I love the O sound, and on top of this [name_f]Ondina[/name_f] has both a traditional yet interesting sound. It’s latin, and it means “little wave.” Which is a beautiful ocean theme. I think this name is perfect for any baby girl with an ocean connection.

4 Likes

One of my friends growing up’s mom is named [name_f]Ondina[/name_f]! Thought it was super weird when I was little :see_no_evil: but love it now!! :star_struck:

3 Likes

That’s so cute awww. Yea I thought the name was sort of od when I first heard it but it very quickly grew on me and has been a favourite ever since :revolving_hearts:

1 Like

I’d personally love to see [name_f]Fawn[/name_f] gain more traction as a regular given name (along the lines of [name_u]Dove[/name_u] and [name_f]Bee[/name_f]) - it just adds such sweetness to any combo! [name_f]My[/name_f] favourites atm are [name_f]Fawn[/name_f] [name_f]Vittoria[/name_f] and [name_f]Perdita[/name_f] [name_f]Fawn[/name_f] :heart:

4 Likes

I wanted to share my love of [name_f]Serena[/name_f]. It’s a perfect mix of familiar and classic while still being fairly uncommon. The meaning is gorgeous and has a few potential nicknames including [name_f]Rena[/name_f], [name_u]Wren[/name_u] and [name_f]Sara[/name_f]. It’s been my favourite name since I started getting into names.

3 Likes